Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies! Do you lovely girls have any suggestions for shapewear? Specifically ones that will tame a middle age waist and provide more appropriate proportions? There are so many out there! Just wondering who has found the holy grail!

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I very seldom wear any of these. However, I will if my top doesn’t look just right.  I think its hit or miss on brands. So much depends on your shape, body proportions and length of your torso.  I just haven’t found “My Brand” yet.

For me it’s a longline bra and high waist girdle!!! I always loved the girdles of the past. Rago makes some great models. I also love an open bottom girdle with garters attached. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!

I have had great luck with the shapewear products offered by Enfemme.  I also have been very happy with the quality of their clothing.

I have several and Rhonda Shear is probably my favorite. I have found they can only do so much and be uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. I have also found that tighter isn’t better.

Hi. I have tried several but I love Honeylove.  I have several of their products.  I can wear all day and never experience a roll down. My SO uses the same brand and she wears them all day under a dress. We both have the super power short and fyi you can use the bathroom with out taking it off.  Their waist cincher is great too.

They have a great Black Friday sale but sign up for emails they have deals throughout the year  Free shipping and returns.  Anyways that product works for me and my SO.

Susan

My fave brands are maidenform flexees (the wear your own bra torsettes are sadly no made by maidenform anymore) and naomi and nicole.  Mind you, I wear torsettes as I find it doesn’t roll down and cinches things in nicely.

That being said, shapewear can only do so much to cinch and shape your body.  If you go too tight it becomes incredibly uncomfortable.

Anonymous
      Lady

The Holy Grail for me is an under bust corset. I have a waist cincher too that works pretty well. Not sure of the brands but there are many out there. I tried Spanx but it had little effect.

Anonymous
      Lady

Shapermint has lots of choices. I like open bust torsettes because they smooth out my waist. A lot of shape wear is buy and try.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Stretchy stuff (Spanx etc.) won’t help much if you don’t already have a great bod.  Firm control shapewear with boning will take an inch or two off your waistline.  I’ve had good luck with Rago.  It’s an old school brand that’s popular with the retro/vintage crowd.  And it’s sexy AF.  Sizing is important.  Once you get it dialed, it’s pretty comfortable.  What Katie Did is another good brand.  If you want serious shaping you’ll have to go with a corset.  It’s the best way to get an hourglass figure without months or years of dieting and exercise.  They’re expensive, hard to put on, tend to be uncomfortable, and show thru most clothing.  I think they work best when worn as part of an outfit – as outerwear.  The look can be really sexy.

Good observation Emily. I think the Holy Grail is running. If you want to play, you need to pay lol.

I’ll throw my vote in for Rago.  I’ve had great experiences with their products, and in my opinion they do a great job at actually shaping.  Spanx can take you from a figure that’s already an 8 out of 10 to a 9 out of 10 (not much better than control top pantyhose).  I need much more than that, so I wear open bottom girdles, long line bras and body briefers all from Rago.  My style is very retro, so they fit in well with my wardrobe.  Most importantly, they actually shape, reduce and hold.  My dresses fit better and my silhouette is much smoother with them.  If you have tummy issues, the body briefer is best, as it is one piece.  Sometimes the girdle and bra tend to roll if your middle is fuller.

Anonymous

Hi,

I agree re the Rago. I wear a Rago high waist open girdle with a Triumph longline bra. I get a good overlap and it stops any worries about lighter weight girdles rolling down.

I also tend to “double-girdle” – I have some light control Playtex briefs that I wear under the Rago. It definitely helps with the support (not to mention keeping various male parts from dangling around) and keeps my middle-age spread firmly in check. If I lay on my back, kids could probably use me as a trampoline!

So it looks like there are many different makes and places to get the shapewear but what about sizing. I am 6’0 tall and find that lots of shapewear are designed for women which are much shorter.

If you were able to get a shapewear from anywhere, what size did you get? what are your specs? Example is that I am 6’0″ and not sure if I should get an XL or XXL.

Personally, I like the fully body with an open bust and shoulder straps. I hate it when any shapewear I put on rolls. With the shoulder straps, nothing rolls on me.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?