Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I know that many of you incorporate shapewear into your femme attire. I have never done so due to the fact that I don’t find it flattering. My fiancé has changed my thoughts on it’s validity in the femme wardrobe.

My fiancé gave me a dress that was too big for her that she hadn’t wore in quite some time. I have always loved the dress on her and wished I could find something similar for my wardrobe.

When she gave it to me I was ecstatic and couldn’t wait to try it on. We had been shopping and we were trying on our other clothes and I think she may have been a little excited to see it on me and encouraged me to go ahead and try it on. She could see my undergarments and told me my thongs weren’t gonna work with it due to the fact it’s a bodycon style dress and said here let me help you.  She got out some shapewear and said put this on under it. I promise it will make the dress look better. The shapewear was basically a girdle and holy crap di it make the dress look great! Everything was all smooth and shapely. I’m sold. It may not be flattering but damn I looked sexy in that dress and she even agreed it was pretty sexy on me.

I can’t really believe I have never tried shapewear in all the years I’ve been doing this. If you haven’t tried it and have some sexy dresses and other clothing that might be helped by it I suggest trying it. I’m a believer now. My fiancé said she needed some new shapewear and apparently I need some now too lol. I guess that will be our next shopping trip.

Happy dressing!

Jessica

Jessica, I’d been thinking about this for a while but didn’t know if it would be worth it. Thanks for posting this, I’m now going to get some now!

Marcellette

I love to wear Shapeware all the time it feels good to work

I just got brand new shapewear today. I want to wear my little black dress again, and I’m losing weight but for now I need some help. I’ve never used shapewear but I saw enough video reviews online (before and after) to want to give them a try. I’m hoping HRT will make my body more pear shaped but for now I’ll take the help.

I am tempted to get this waist cincher even though I expect to lose more weight and I expect I would outshrink it. But the price is really tempting.

https://www.glamourboutique.com/buy/corsets/affordable-underbust-cincher

I personally wear some very sexy shapewear under my dresses and skirt sets.  Rago has become my favorite, but I have some Cacique and other brands also.  Long line bras, girdles, waist cinches, OBG with garter tabs, etc.  Just wish I was smaller so I could buy some of that vintage looking “What Katy Did” undies, very yummy and 40’s Noir looking.

PaulaF

I love vintage lingerie with 6 garters. I once had the opportunity to try on a vintage, very beautiful corset and I loved the constricting feel. But I had a twink body then (although I’ve never been a twink) and could fit into them. I still have some vintage pieces that, in my wild dreams, I might fit into again.

I would love to wear Shapewear like that to

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I generally use shapewear, and actually have wasted a certain amount of money on it. I find it necessary to get a reasonable feminine shape to my body, so I use a waist cincher, and then use padded panties, and of course breast forms.

Also women’s clothes are usually sized for some kind of hourglass shape, so I find the clothes fit, and look better too.

Amy

Sorry girls, something went really wrong with my post, didn’t make sense.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Amy Myers. Reason: grammar

Hey Gang,
      Shapewear is a “Thing” in itself.  Believe me, I’ve been at this a long time.  I’m 73 and started CD (kind of) at 10.  So, after 63 years, I can tell you that the modern bodysuits like Spanx, Maidenform, and others are amazing.  For years I used corsets, waist clinchers, and long line bras to achieve a more feminine shape and suffered through it.  But the newer bodysuit shapers are a GFG.  They feel great, don’t require removal to (you-know-what), and they actually help with posture, warmth, and strength.  Shapewear is not even a question for CD; it is defining!  Although I have some with built in bras, I prefer the use-your-own style because you CAN use your own or the compression kind-of sets up your pecks to look like a small set of girls! Go for it and you’ll be surprised and thrilled!

FAM

Anonymous

Hi Jessica.

No thanks, not for me….

I really don’t want all that padding hanging from me..I am visiting the supermarket, not the Superbowl!!

While I see the attraction of an hour glass figure, take a closer look at GG’s on the street…a high percentage just don’t resemble catwalk models.

and if you suddenly decide to incorporate all this padding, does this mean that a lot of your wardrobe is too small and doesn’t fit??

As for the summer, i want to wear loose and flouncy, not trussed up and sweaty….but girls, please remember…

this is just MY opinion!!!

Huggs, grace xx

Ohh, you poor thing! How could you NOT understand that shape wear is absolutely essential to dressing!?
      There is nothing else that evokes the sensuality of a bygone age than proper shape wear! Even normal shape wear can change a masculine shape into a feminine one… changes the shape of the belly etc. It also feels brilliant and ‘secure’.

Bring it on Sister! Hugs Polly

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: Autocorrect
      C

Girls,

There is shape wear and there is shape wear. There is the industrial grade corsets that hold overweight old ladies up, at the other end there is whisper light stuff that just smooths and adds a touch of lace.

Have a look at Playtex on the one hand and La Perla on the other!

And yes, I have some and yes, it makes a huge difference with some outfits!

S

I absolutely love shapewear.  I use it to hold my silicone hips/butt pads in place.  Yes, it does get quite warm in the summer, however when it is cold out it provides an added nice warm layer of clothing.

It also smooths things out, and since most of the clothing in my closet are pencil/bodycon type clothing, it helps immensely.  I can wear shapewear all day and not feel one bit of discomfort.

MelanieElizabeth
        Ambassador

Wendy you are so right. I have a high waisted spandex thing that has pads built in. I think it really helps the overall look. Obviously most dresses aren’t made for the male figure. So what I found is that it would fit on top but the bottom was baggy.(no hips)  A body shaper with padding does 2 things it holds the tummy in while providing some shape to the lower part giving you the hour glass effect.

Anonymous

Hi Ladies  , yes i have shapewear , in panties and a girdle . I had back problems and i needed something to keep me from bending in the middle the girdle was perfect . I went to Amazon and found a pretty lacy pink one , read the reviews and found a lot of men wear one for the same reasons . Mine hooks in the front and is a wrap around , so no leg holes to fuss with , easy to put on and helps my back and gives me a nice womanly figure , i love it . Also this type of panty helps in tucking as they are very snug in the tummy and crotch . Yes to shape wear . Leslie

I like Shape wear for my back and it feels good just to smooth the rest of it feels great

Anonymous

Agreed!! I love the feel of silky fabrics!

I love the feel and look of shapewear when out on the streets. I adore feeling it give me that hourglass figure so dresses and outfits fit and look better

Anonymous

Love them even a simple tummy slimmer  shape wear does wonders

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my shapewear-I never dress without one of my firm girdles/longline bras!

Speaking of shapewear, I just got an offer from Poshmark for a Butt Lifter Panty.  It reminded me what a great source Poshmark is for CD.  I have bought and sold many items on this site.  If you’re open to previously worn items, I’ve had some really good luck and many items are brand new.  I’ve only had one disappointing experience and that was misjudging size.  The BLPs are on the way.  Also, I was reminded of my favorite (I have several) body shaper made by Flexees available at Target and Walmart.  I think they fit as well as the more expensive brands; lots of compression and yet forgiving and all day comfortable.

FAM

Dawn Star
        Lady

Falecia, I too have the Flexees,  Three pairs of them.  I have used them mostly after I had cool wrap treatments.  They are quite comfortable and do great support to the waist as well as some shaping. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Dawn Star.
      Dawn Star
      Lady

I do have quite a bit of shape wear but seldom use them –  Staying fit and trim is my first line – however I will use modest pads in my bras mostly for comfort.   Dawn

Dawn,
        Oddly enough, I have used shapewear more frequently when I was in the best shape.  When I’d slimed down to 145 at 5’11”, the shapewear really helped define a more feminine image because it had less to move around.  The way it fit my upper torso also kind of forced my pecs into a sort of minimal breast configuration.  I enjoy the sensation of feminine fabrics more when I don’t have to wear breast forms.  Regardless of fitness, a male body doesn’t display the same curves as female unless it’s helped along.  The SW seemed to move my waist up just enough to look feminine.  You know how you get that obvious indentation above low-rise jeans?  That works better for me with SW!

FAM

RachelAnn
          Lady

Have you tried one of those sticky bras to pull the ladies together underneath your shapewear up top?  It takes the excess that the shapewear creates and pulls them together even more for a better cleavage look. Nubra I think is the name brand but there are a ton of knockoffs you can get that are less expensive. I’ve seen tape tutorials as well, but haven’t been able to pull that off yet

Anonymous

Nubra works but won’t stay in place on its own. But supported by my Vie En Rose padded push-up bra really does the job cleavage wise.

RachelAnn
            Lady

Good call, I agree they do slide a bit particularly if you are sweaty (I am).  I too use a push-up to help keep things in place.

Anonymous

Wow! this week at a charity shop I found a shapewear swimsuit. It slims where it’s needed and actually has velcro pockets for my forms. It’s got some rather exciting tropical colors and print, so if I wear it under clothes it needs a cami.

I left a comment in another forum post about shapewear. I’m not a fan of the stiffer 50s/60s era shapewear. I wear dresses and skirts that help give me a more womanly shape. I do own a Maidenform Flexees waist cincher. I have one dress that is a Large and a wee bit snug. The waist cincher nips me in enough for the dress to fit looser. The waist cincher also dials-up my curves when I really want to show off my figure.

RachelAnn
      Lady

I have and use A LOT of shapewear.  Probably overkill to be honest, but through a good bit of trial and error I can get the shape I want.  I had to change things up a bit when I went out for the first time in October (before everything shut down again with the “rona”) in order to be able to use the rest room when needed, but I love it.  Vedette is a good brand for firm control yet still being able to move. Some of their stuff has latex in them though if there is any allergy concerns. I also have some rago and maidenform brand stuff that I like.

I have a padded girdle that is ok, but I made some homemade foam pads for the hip and rear that I use more often that I really like the look of and were cheaper to make.

Anonymous

I agree with some of the girls. Shapewear doesn’t have to be the old fashioned style, there is some lovely, sexy shapewear out there. Playtex has been mentioned, Triumph do some gorgeous shapewear. You can have full control and still look good. I love it. Emma.

Anonymous
      Lady

I do wear shapewear with some clothing…I especially enjoy wearing  under bust torsellets and have a couple shapewear slips.

Sandy

Hey Jessica,

I love my Spanx.  Kind of pricey, but I can wear them all day long.  The company is very nice to deal with and your new Spanx come in a box with an inspirational message printed on the inside of it. It just makes you feel good.

❤️
      Octavia

Anonymous

I wear shapewear, especially open bottom vintage girdles with suspenders so I can wear my own panties  underneath, they hold my tummy in and look incredibly sexy with nylons

I’d like to provide an update on my shapewear use : I still do love shapewear, and it is quintessential in my transformation to Wendy.

I’ve now started to transition to shapewear that has an open gusset, which comes in super handy for the bathroom.  It is a shame as I’ve invested alot of money on regular shapewear that has no opening.

So far my go to shapewear is maidenform.  I didn’t realize I had some maidenform singlets in my wardrobe, which does have an open gusset.  I used to wear layers of shapewear but now I just wear one, either a high waist/mid thigh shaper or wear your own bra singlet, both has an open gusset.

Wearing just the one shaper I can wear it all day and still feel very comfy.

I pair the shaper with an open crotch tights, so going to the bathroom is much simpler, I can keep all my hip/butt padding in place + not have to take off all my clothes off just to go wee.

Anonymous
      Lady

Like many girls I discovered shapewear at an early stage so I’ve loved all kinds for a long time. I’ve tried the Spanx and Playtex shapers but found a waist cincher gives me the smallest waist for that fem figure. A vintage high waisted long leg panty girdle with garters works perfectly with hip padding and hose. The only problem with shapewear is the heat build up in warm weather.

Anonymous

I love my long-leg pantee girdles – they hold my hip and bum pads in place. I’ve found that as a bigger girl, I need D forms and padding to produce a feminine figure that is proportional. And a wide belt to finish the look.

I also have a long leg pantee corselette, which is tricky to get into but feels wonderful when it’s on.

Unfortunately my situation is such that I’m never in them long enough to worry about peeing! I can imagine it would be a bit of a struggle without an open crotch.

Connie
      xxx

Angela Booth
      Hostess

For me shapewear is important. I wear a standard, correctly fitted bra with silicone enhancers that create a nice cleavage. The important part of shapewear was my hip and butt pads. I did have an expensive pair some years ago that were perfect. Alas they aren’t made anymore. The enhancers I tried after never gave the right shape or size. I decided to look at making my own. I used memory foam cut to fit and covered them in a fabric. They fit inside a pair of waist high pants. They are light and give the prefect shape and dresses and skirts iit just right. I hardly know I have them on and aren’t hot in the summer and nice and warming in the winter. They are also a lot cheaper than the manufactured ones and quite easy to make.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?