Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Vaela Kay
      Lady

Ladies,

I must be honest… Valorie turned out to be a placeholder name. That was hard to disclose haha And with that weight off my chest, let me introduce you to my new, permanent female name!

Vaela (Vay-lah)

In old Norse (cause I’m 50 percent Viking) it means to lament or cry, which is perfect because she was mostly born in my grief and pain and now I’m planning to move past that place and grow new things as her.

Speaking of new things. As I prepare to start HRT in early March, I’ve felt a calling on my life. I am a Christian writer and I plan to use my words to reach those who feel disqualified by the faith based community.

So, if you so choose, I’ve started a blog that is about faith and transitioning and all the little things that come with it.  For more info, check my profile page.

Thanks for being such a wonderful community to me over the last couple years! You’ve helped give me the courage to finally be me!

A truly grateful girl,

Vaela

Anonymous

Hi Vaela, what a beautiful insight into your name and the resonance it has with how your life was and what it is about to become. It is such a powerful thing making your new name permanent. I changed my name by deed poll in August to Nat Asha-my old surname. I am Nat to all the new people I meet, daddy to my kids and Natasha to those who truly know me. Those who knew me in the past call me Phil as Nat or Natasha aren’t somebody they are going to get to know.

I will check out the link you attached as it is something I am interested in. I am spiritual but believe that every faith has incredible knowledge and insight that can be of value to us all.

Nat X

Anonymous

Beautiful name.

Good luck moving forward with your journey.

Ooooo…❤️❤️

Vaela!!  LOVE IT!!  It sounds very STRONG, and very sexy!  It rolls naturally too!!

Fantastic choice!

xo – Robyn ❤️

I wish you well on your journey, sending lots of love and strength.
      Also, your chosen name is beautiful.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Vaela, read your blog, I found it very interesting.  I myself will never consider going all the way to fully transitioning.  There is the cost not only of dollars but family relationships.  My 3 kids are not accepting at all, so I will keep to my cross dressing, being my female self 5 to 75% of the time.  We all my sacrifices sometimes  , it could be the job we don’t like but pays well or has great benifits or living a location for said job or for the kids sake when we would prefer to move to a different climate.  I love my kids so much and want to be part of their lives that I can keep Sandy in the background a little.

Sandy

Thank you. I think possibly many have place holder names for one reason or another.
      I love my chosen first name but the last name I chose (Smyth) is also a placeholder until I find one that feels right or meaningful.
      Thank you also for addressing faith. I usually try to avoid discussing faith. I feel it too personal, sensitive or contrary a topic. (Odd considering the other stuff we discuss.) And will continue refrain from discussing it here. So it’s nice to know there are some here that are willing to address faith in the context of who we are and provide a forum to do so.
      Wishing you well with your HRT and love the name change. Looking forward to checking out your blog.

Phoebe.

Dani CD
      Lady

Great name Veala and I love how you’ve kept in with your heritage.  Good luck with the HRT and the blog, we are all here cheering on the strong Viking woman you are.               Dani👩🏻‍🔧xoxo

Vaela Kay
      Lady

Ladies!

A huge thank you to all the compliments and affirmations you’ve given this post! Individual thank yous below!

Dani, this ‘strong Viking woman’ is giddy at your description!

Phoebe, thank you and we can all help each other!

Sandy, I’ve been where you are. It’s a very lonely place, sacrificing your happiness to appease others. It’s hard and just know we’re here for you!

Rei, thank you for your well wishes and taking the time to make me smile!

Samantha, thank you so much for the support and kind words! It means everything in this changing time 🙂

Robyn, ‘strong’ and ‘sexy’ are some of the nicest words a woman can hear. In the same sentence, it’s even better! Thank you, girl!

Amanda, thank you for taking the time to wish me well. 🙂

Lady Natasha, thank you for these kind words and taking the time. I know there’ll be a lot of difficult times ahead, so moments that make me smile are ones I treasure 🙂

Thanks again all of you,

Vaela

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Vaela, I once again reread most of your blog posts.  You seem to have spent much of you life as a tortured soul and it looks like you have found your true self.  I am truely happy for you!

For me I an not unhappy with Randy ( my male self), but he is not sure of himself and shy around people.   Sandy however wants to be more open but because of society cannot.  If I could present as female 90 to 99% of the time and be treated as a woman I would be so happy.  So for now Cassandra ( Sandy) is also quit shy and dose not want to make waves.

If I had a choice to go back 40 years and fully transition I would have to say NO WAY, even if society did accept it.  Those years included my children (my girls 33 and 31 and my son 25).  Having a good relationship. with them also makes me VERY happy, and is a small price to pay to only letting my feminine side out only 10 to 50% of the time.

All the best for you Vaela, and my your journey be blessed.     Cassandra (Sandy)

Hi Vaela,

Wishing you success on your HRT.

Alice

I feel like the last girl arriving to the party!  But as many have said before, I love the new name… it is smart, sexy, and strong…

I cannot wait to look at your new blog… I was raised Catholic and cannot imagine what some of my former priests would think of me now!!

Mikayla

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?