Tagged: 

Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Tina Thompson
      Duchess

I love makeup tips.  They are all over the place online, in magazines, on tv, but of course 99.99% of them are aimed squarely at genetic girls.

There are lots of tips to share specific to t-girls, for example: red lipstick can serve as emergency beard cover when you’re out and away from your makeup table…it’s not ideal, but it will work.

So what’s you’re one tip?

Here’s mine, and this is mainly for newer crossdressers: With makeup, less is usually more. In other words, don’t overdo it too much unless you’re trying for an effect.  Too much makeup never looks good!

Physicians Formula eyeliner goes on smooth, dries fast and doesn’t smudge

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Not exactly makeup but I  one time was told by a nice former coworker who is a rather stunning lady with exquisite hair and makeup and nice manicured nails both toes and fingers.</p>
      One time  at work (b4 my SOGGF outted me) being it a cold late October Friday I decided to be brave an wore a black ladies pants suit, with a pastel solid blue frilly ladies man Taylored blouse with a 38AA bra and matching bikini panties,  a pair of Macy’s Silicon breast enhancers, a pair of spandex black opaque support pantyhose and a pair of black ladies anlkle boots, being that rain was falling. Also I decided wear a little lite beige foundation cream/ with matching powder and a touch of brown mascara.

Come middle of afternoon this stunning coworker and I were talking in breakroom, about what we individually were doing the next day,  she happened to mention that she was going to a nearby by office Nail salon after getting off work, next thing I knew, she said Jammie how about we get our nails manicured and pedicured together.  Im shocked. Then she said Jammie I  have suspected that you are crossed dress many weekends, and I know that today you’re wearing a  bra and panties probably a ladies pantsuits and definitely little bit of makeup including a little bit of mascara. I said yes what made you suspicious. She said for several days now you have been complementing me about my eyemakeup and my hair especially how long it takes me to do my hair and makeup. Also remember earlier this morning I  gave you a tight hug after you helped me unjam my printer, I felt your bra and probably some small breasts enhancers.  I said yes all true, why do u ask me to get my nails do? She said she thought that I would would have a nice GURUS nite out  with her after she proved me she would be able to make me up totally in 15 mins and then suggested I get red metalic.toes with a French manicure on fingers at nail salon

Saying Nicely manicured toe and fingers are always beautiful and nicely feminine

So that is my suggestion,  I know not exactly makeup but very feminine nails does wonders for your feminine physicie.

Did you keep the mani for work the next day?

That evening with coworkerno, was a Friday, so I  she suggested I  keep the polish nails for the weekend. Come Sunday afternoon Coworker calls to invite me to meeting her at a restaurant we had dinner together at Friday.  She said If I wi agreed to wear same outfit and the polished nails to work Monday she would pay for both our dinners.

I’ve been retired 4 5 years now.  DRESSING UP FULLY FEMININE up since early October 2015 after SOGGF came back home about noon 3days early from a 3 week business trip and discovered me wearing an outfit of hers bra, panties etc. including her “spare pair” of custom made 38DD silicon breast forms (she being a double radical masectomy breast CANCER) she was royally PISSED threatened to throw me out unless I agreed to dress up fully feminine for dinner downtown with her that night plus for next 3 weeks thru Halloween thinking that I would be “perfect punishment” (little knowing since late childhood I had been a closeted XDRESSER , not realizing that I  would really give me reason and courage to go out in public Fully ENFEMME”  Day after Halloween I woke up later than I  had 4 previous 3 weeks..usually she would wake me up about 5am to help me dress in whatever outfit she picked out 4 me a d fo my makeup and hair b4 she got dressed herself for work… day after Halloween I woke up about 7 AM no SOGGF  around nor any outfit laid out 4 me as had been usual,  so I decided what the heck no SOGGF around I picked out an outfit of hers, one she had me wearing a few days before,  finding it hanging on a hanger on hook on inside of closet door. With it was the same bra, panties that I had worn with it previously. Donned them with some brand new phose.

Went downstairs to kitchen, walked in, SOGGF there, facing away from me at table, hearing me walking in with my hiheels on tile turned, saying Good Morning Jammie, I was hoping you would choose to continue being Tammie, that’s why I took rest of week off,  you seem to really liked being Tammie for three weeks, and I enjoyed transforming you every morning. I think you might like to continue living as Tammie through my office’s NEW Year Eve party, so how about it? I said okay I have enjoyed it vastly, Then SOGGF said Tammie then we are going to have to get you some feminine attire of your own, makeup and get you professionally fitted for your own bras and panties.

So after breakfast we went shopping. And did so every day for next 4 days. That day after Halloween shopping first went to same SOMA INTIMATES STORE SOGGF buys her bras etc from to get me professionally fitted for my own bra and panties.

Always have FRENCH MANICURE fingers and red polished toenails. One time last near 4th  of July Nail Salon had a Patriotic Pedicure for $17.76 (instead of normal $25) FLAG BLUE Large Toes with 25 small white stars on each large toe, then alternate red / white small toes on each foot.

The few times I have been dressed in drab, not one negative comment re French Manicured fingernails. One GG lady I know, a former coworker from a different job, I had lunch with in drab mode a few months ago said ‘How nice to see a man with a nice manicure, very brave of you!”

Thus I think even French manicured fingernails or just clear polished fingernails on a man are getting more acceptable.

Two weeks ago when I had my nails done dressed fully ENFEMME, I noticed two 30ish obvious male – one with a moustache and other one had a goatee- both getting pedicures with blue toes and then had fingers with clear polish

Leonara
            Ambassador

Tammie,
            Great story… I am envious of your SO support of your CD… Enjoy her company and giver her a hug … She is one of a kind….Leonara

Yup, SOGGF is very much supportive.

Has said many times that I looked better dressed ENFEMME.

my hair stylist (a lady) agrees, especially since with longer Feminine Style hair, she can style my hair to hide the small bald spot  I was beginning to get on top back edge of my head several years ago

1. One tip one big word..moisturizer..
      2. I find okeffs working hands great..
      3. Keep dressing
      4. Christie Marie oooxxx

Carry a concealer stick when you’re out for the day. It may not be as smooth or gorgeous as the foundation you put on in the morning, but it will patch up any wear and tear.

I also carry a disposable safety razor as well, to deal with any minor beard-growth (or bits I missed when getting ready in a hurry in the morning 🙂 )

Emily
      Lady

Match your makeup, both color and style, to your outfit and the occasion. As was already stated, most often less is more.

Revlon eyelash glue – absolutely brilliant. Makes a tricky task really easy.

Anonymous

If you enjoy wearing makeup and want to improve your results, among other things, invest in a quality set of brushes…

I can 100% agree with decent brushes especially for eye shadow application. E.L.F. makes good quality brushes that won’t hurt the purse too much.

Just keep in mind brushes should be cleaned depending on how much you use them.

Cynthia

Gabriela,

What brand of brushes do u recommend that are NOT super expensive?

I need to replace my brushes, I’ve looked at sephora but for what I have they want >150$ for a similar set of 6 I got for 30$ from CVS pharmacy store near me but CVS doesn’t care the same set anymore.. just individually packaged brushes ranging from 6$ 4 smallest 2 to 40$ for large powder brush.

Anonymous

Tammie,

I only have a couple of the Tarte brand and I like them a lot. If you check them out at the Macy’s site, today they have a nice set of 5 for $35.00 (reduced from $144.00)

Gaby

I have a set of Shany Professional brushes, 32 piece set, found on Amazon, only cost me $25.

dont spend a fortune on makeup!! especially when you are first starting out!!!

Fee xxx

What is ur take on MAGNETIC EYELASHES?

IVE got a lot of SPAM Email ads promoting them

Anonymous

To the magnetic eyelashes, thumbs down all the way. They are not really easy to put on, and you risk losing several of your own when trying to remove them.

Anonymous

OMG!! I spent $28 on a set of 4. They came with a special tool that looked like a eye lash curler. Well I managed to stick the upper lash and the bottom lash on the curler thingie. I then proceeded to attempt to pinch my magnetic lashes to the base of my lashes.  I did this for about an hour (10 or 15 tries). I then called my in to help her and I tried for another hour, neither her or I attached a pair. Now with that the ones that stick on magnetic eye liner may work ( If I was great with eyeliner application). But alas, I’ll stick with the white glues dries clear that I can shift placement just before they set. But that’s just me Girlfriend.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

My tip is for older CDs like myself. Use creams instead of powders. Powders will fill into wrinkles and deep pours, making your skin look blotchy and causing you to look older.

Tina Thompson
      Duchess

I’m going to cheat and give a few at once:

Moisturize your face nightly and drink a lot of water. No makeup can cover up bad skin.

Speaking of moisture, older women will usually end up fighting bags under their eyes.  Preparation H is a vasoconstrictor — and eye bags are highly vascular and full of fluid.  A dab of Preparation H under your eyes before any makeup or primer will help shrink eye bags away for a while!

Acne happens to everyone at all ages and sometimes at the worst time.  Visine used to have the slogan “it takes the red out” and dabbing a bit on a zit with a Q-tip will fade it away for a while.  DON’T press the tip of the dropper on the zit to dispense it, as acne is basically a bacterial infection and you DO NOT want that going into your eyes the next time you use the product for irritated eyes.

Monistat Creme is the same thing as most makeup primers chemically, and costs, ohhhh, 20% as much.

Pore filler is superb at helping smooth your face for foundation, and truly enhances your feminine look.  Large pores are a major complaint for a lot of women, and companies like NYX sell it for very reasonable prices.  MAC’s version costs roughly twice as much as NYX, but has more staying power in my opinion.

An old drag queen trick for beard cover in a pinch is red lipstick, but blush works even better for me, so I always carry a small compact of it in my purse.

Hello, Just remember  “LESS IS MORE” !

Skylar

One thing I’ve learned in my make up experience (and mentioned by others already), less is more.  Slathering on the make up thinking if a little is good more must be better is not the right approach, caking on the makeup makes you look like a circus clown.

Yup exactly and the more likely you will be outed  i.e. not pass as a GG Lady

Hi Edie, as I have very slowly become older I find that a light concealer thinly spread under the eyes, the nose and on the chin and then a dusting of powder shows less pores and wrinkles than a cream foundation. It only takes 5 minutes to apply and washes off with soap and water.

Sally x

Anonymous

Never give up on a spent mascara. Save it for your eyebrows.

Anonymous

You will need less makeup if you take Coenzyme Q-10. It is simply a youth serum. Those lines and wrinkles under my eyes soften, my skin improves and acne is much, much less. It is good for your heart, arteries and veins and it gives more energy. NO side effects than it can be a little expensive.

Two things regarding lipstick, but not necessarily trans-specific:

1. Remember to apply a bit of lipstick to where the lips come together in the corners. That ties everything together.
      2. Before applying lipstick, take a lip liner pencil (in the same or similar color to your lipstick) and apply a thin layer to the areas of your lips that you can see when you close your mouth normally. As the lipstick wears off, you will still see a similar color until you can refresh.

DeeAnn,

Re keeping your lip color

1) ALWAYS APPLY LIPSTICK As final makeup step said my Sophra makeup class instructor

2) always SET YOUR LIP COLOR by using a little bit of either your face powder or a little bit of baby powder . USE A POWDER BRUSH RATHER THAN A POWDER PUFF, ESPECIALLY ON LIPS and chin IMMEDIATELY below and above lips

Here is a few LIPSTICK TIPS i learned from a 60 min free Sephora Makeup class I had a year ago.  Thus the lipstick color will last longer without a touch tup

1. Never get makeup liquid/cream Foundation on lips.
      2. Use a Foundation Brush to apply liquid or cream Foundation rather than fingers.
      3. Apply Lipliner of color matching lipstick color.
      4. Apply Lipstick of desired color.  If you have a Lipstick Brush use it.
      5. Using a Foundation Powder Brush apply a light coating of your Foundation powder to your lips.
      6. Apply Foundation powder to entire face as desired.
      7. Apply eye makeup.
      8. Then apply a second coat of lipliner and Lipstick.
      9. Fold a face TISSUE in half a lightly blot lips by putting tissue between lips and light closing lips on tissue.
      10. Apply lipgloss if desired,

The first coating of lipliner and lipstick to lips followed by the light coating of powder sets the lipstick color to the lips and helps lipstick color to last longer b4 lipstick has to be touched up.

One tip my sister gave me many years ago was to know when to sit back and say enough.

I am not the best at makeup, even after this long, so I don’t have many tips to share at all, except that one.

PaulaF

Don’t Overdo!  The girls on this site are incredibly talented with makeup.

Skylar

Anonymous

Contour contour contour 🌹💄

Anonymous

Contour contour contour 🌹💄

Anonymous

I am so trying to figure out contouring. I’m finding it very confusing.

After a while, we develop a sense of how much time it takes to do full makeup. However, that isn’t always the situation. When we prepare to do something very casual, what do we cut out? Also, if our time is limited, what do we cut out? I have about 4 ways of doing things to get a 60ot 70 minutes job down to about 20-25 minutes.

In effect, it not unlike the 80/20 principle, where 20% of the work will get you 80% of the way there. Anyway, it is all about contingencies and trying to go faster usually isn’t helpful as the tendency is to make more mistakes faster…

I think it has already been pointed out that there are 100’s of videos around that can help. However, most of them are on “young” faces which do not have the challenges we girls have especially if you are over 40/50. With this in mind, I made a step by step video quite a while ago from him to her including beard cover techniques etc. It is over an hour long but you don’t have to watch it all in one go. Hopefully, it will be helpful to someone. Please feel free to come back if you require any additional info:

The link is HERE

Anonymous

I am a beginner level at makeup. But I did buy eyebrow glasses. I ordered from Amazon and received them today. They have eye lenses that flip down so you can do one eyebrow at a time and see what you are doing. I wear glasses and they are always in my way. I was able to do my eyebrows this evening and not hack them up. If you wear glasses and they get in your way when doing your eyebrows, they are worth getting.

Relatively new to doing makeup the right way, but here’s my tip:

Makeup remover wipe.  Keep it handy.  You will make mistakes and having it right there next to you will save you a ton of time, especially once you figure out how to spot-clean.

Along similar lines, I start with the eyes as they’re the trickiest.  Specifically, lately I’ve been doing eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara and shadow in that order, before I even do foundation.  Just makes it easier to clean up the inevitable mistakes.

I’m passing along several tips re FLUSHABLE WIPES OF ANY KIND!

1. BE careful with Makeup Remover wipes. Why I’ve tried several nationally brand totted as safe 4 eye makeup removing that actually irritated my eyes and eye lids.
      2. One GENERIC drugstore brand left me with swollen eyelids and bloodshot eyes for 3 days. I  had to see my eye doctor

The following goes for both makeup wipes and Toilet “FLUSHABLE” wipes.  This morning  a local a TV news program had a spokesperson from the  region wide water/sewer authority ASKING EVERYONE FLUSH ONLY TOILET PAPER/TISSUE and NO “FLUSHABLE WIPES” OF ANY KIND. The authority public spokeperson said  since the 1st of April they have had to REMOVE 17 Tons of FLUSHABLE WIPES from the Region’s sewer system processing facilities and response to over 1000 instances of sewage backups in residential  and business buildings. Several instances in high rise apartment complexes and several senior care centers.  The spokesperson said additionally to the 17 tons of wipes there was  2 tons DISPOSABLE FACE MASKS , Disposable Rubber/latex/nitrate GLOVES. paper napkins and paper towels.

Thus a word of caution re disposable Products of any kind.

1. BE careful with Makeup Remover wipes. Why I’ve tried several nationally brand totted as safe 4 eye makeup removing that actually irritated my eyes and eye lids.
      2. One GENERIC drugstore brand left me with swollen eyelids and bloodshot eyes for 3 days. I  had to see my eye doctor

The following goes for both makeup wipes and Toilet “FLUSHABLE” wipes.  This morning  a local a TV news program had a had a spokesperson from the  region wide water/sewer authority ASKING EVERYONE FLUSH ONLY TOILET PAPER/TISSUE and NO “FLUSHABLE WIPES” OF ANY KIND. The authority public spokeperson said  since the 1st of April they have had to REMOVE 17 Tons of FLUSHABLE WIPES from the Region’s sewer system processing facilities and response to over 1000 instances of sewage backups in residential  and business buildings. Several instances in high rise apartment complexes and several senior care centers.  The spokesperson said additionally to the 17 tons of wipes there was  2 tons DISPOSABLE FACE MASKS , Disposable Rubber/latex/nitrate GLOVES. paper napkins and paper towels.

The following goes for both makeup wipes and Toilet “FLUSHABLE” wipes.  This morning  a local a TV news program had a had a spokesperson from the  regional wide water/sewer authority ASKING EVERYONE FLUSH ONLY TOILET PAPER/TISSUE and NO “FLUSHABLE WIPES” OF ANY KIND. The authority public spokeperson said  since the 1st of April they have had to REMOVE 17 Tons of FLUSHABLE WIPES from the Region’s sewer system processing facilities and response to over 1000 instances of sewage backups in residential  and business buildings. Several instances in high rise apartment complexes and several senior care centers.  The spokesperson said additionally to the 17 tons of wipes there was  2 tons DISPOSABLE FACE MASKS , Disposable Rubber/latex/nitrate GLOVES. paper napkins and paper towels.

I use Neutrogena makeup removal towlettes and the packaging is very specific: Do Not Flush. Never had an allergic reaction with them. I’ve been wearing nitrile gloves when I leave my house for the past year and mine are not disposable. I do not believe that any are biodegradable…

Twhen I took a free 1hr SEPHORA Basic makeup class at a local Sephora store a year ago they used qtips & regular face TISSUE. They had a small square shaped liquid makeup Remover Dispenser with a metallic push top with a small depressing init one put the qtip or tissue on it ,pushed it a few times to litely dampen the tissue or qtip.

ry dipping the tip of a QTIP (OR a generic ice equivalent) in a little dish or small cup of liquid makeup Remover rather than a wipe , u will get more precise cleaning especially for eye makeup error (just don’t over saturate the qtip),

Use face TISSUE for larger areas.

In the long run this method is more economical and environmentally friendly.

[quote quote=193830]Physicians[/quote]
      Where do you get your eyeliner from?

I’ve never seen it in any drugstore nor BRICK and mortar retail stores in my area?

Anonymous

I get my make up from Boots Chemists in the UK. They stock all the major brands, Rimmel, Maybelline etc.

Hi Tammie,

I see that you scrolled down to the bottom of the thread like me. I just went on Target where I buy most of my makeup and put it into my cart.

cheere,

Jenni

Anonymous

Hi.

You girls seem to have brilliantly covered so many things…so all I will add is this….if you are changing into drab after being your beautiful alter- ego…..make sure you take ALL the make up OFF….sounds daft, but…..

Grace xx

Ponds cold cream. No need for expensive wipes that clog up your septic. That stuff takes off just about everything except some of the mascara, for which one needs q-tips and remover.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi girls, less is definitely more. Too much make up and you look like Aunt Sally. I worked with a GG woman who’s make up was terrible. I was itching to tell her to wash it off and start again. I always wear a  little foundation, then a little blusher, not too much mascara or eye liner and I always go for subtle shades of eyeshadow and lipstick. Emma.

Anonymous

Save up your cash and invest in a makeup lesson with a top professional MUA. One – to see what is possible and 2 – to see what is possibe for you to do for yourself.
      This may seem like a big expense, but the money it will save you is incredible.

BTW – not a transformation service. Few of these chalk up.

As we get older, many of us struggle with having a steady hand while applying lipstick, mascara, eyeliner or eyebrow pencil. Note that when you hold you hand out to do something, you have to control your shoulder, elbow, wrist and fingers. It may help your steadiness to limit the number of joints that you have to control.

So, try this: place your elbow on the table. That takes your shoulder and elbow out of contention, leaving only the wrist and fingers to worry about…

How’d that work out for you?

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?