- May 5, 2020 at 12:18 pm #341143Ellie MaeParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 24Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 104 times
Africa, Toto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAo_Ycocl1E
I Can See Clearly Now, Jimmy Cliff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGV9Bl6CGg
Good Vibrations The Beach Boys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU
Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
Dancing Queen” by ABBA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s
Butter Boy by Fanny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnbvE8emgPs
Pretty Woman Roy Orbison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KFvoDDs0XM
Total eclipse of the heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IV7GapuKnw
Drove all night…Celine Dion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wnJNguOmAM
Girl on Fire Alicia Keys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91ti_MpdHA
Let’s see how long we can keep it going ladies. EM
- July 1, 2020 at 1:50 am #359609Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 118Has thanked: 288 timesBeen thanked: 421 times
In these crazy times, we all need some feel good music. I love this song. And if you look at the album cover, Gary Wright has eye shadow on. Makes me wonder if he was dressing or had feminine feelings!
- June 30, 2020 at 9:30 pm #359595Madelynn FoxParticipantRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 38Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
Just to name a few:
Say So- Doja Cat
Poker Face-Lady GaGa
Good as Hell- Lizzo
Can’t Stop the Feeling- Justin Timberlake
The Bones-Marin Morris
Everything Has Changed- Best Coast
What Lovers Do-Maroon 5 with SZA
- June 30, 2020 at 9:19 pm #359593Madelynn FoxParticipantRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 38Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
Love the Corrs!
- June 30, 2020 at 8:41 pm #359589Stephanie HayesParticipantRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 52Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 90 times
Shape of You
- June 30, 2020 at 1:28 am #359325Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 118Has thanked: 288 timesBeen thanked: 421 times
Another favorite of mine is Diamond Girl by Seals and Crofts. I feel girly when I listen to it!
- June 30, 2020 at 1:23 am #359322Casey Amber TwitchingsParticipantRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 210Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 660 times
I Dig Rock & Roll Music – Peter Paul & Mary
Tom Dooley – The Kingston Trio
Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
Land Down Under – Men At Work
Safety Dance – Men Without Hats
Video Killed The Radio Star – The Buggles
- June 29, 2020 at 9:29 pm #359297Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 135Has thanked: 320 timesBeen thanked: 483 times
Hmmm. A few notables:
Eric Clapton- Wonderful Tonight
The Scorpions- Winds of Change
Journey – Faithfully
Roy Orbison – oh, Pretty Woman
And the usual. 🙂
- June 29, 2020 at 9:03 pm #359295Ellie MaeParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 24Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 104 times
Absolutely love all the suggestions. Creating a playlist in Spotify of my favorites.
- June 29, 2020 at 6:57 pm #359281Rachel PlainParticipantRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 250Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 576 times
Together in Electric Dreams – Phil Oakey – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVJYBPQyFTQ
Give Love Each Day – Yes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1SICbNS-Y
Pacific Rim (Main Theme) – Ramin Djawadi (With Tom Morello) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso
Roundabout – Yes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCLFtxpadE
Things Behind The Sun – Nick Drake – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1AkYgBTc4M
- June 29, 2020 at 5:42 pm #359260
- June 29, 2020 at 5:19 pm #359254Britney SummersParticipantRegistered On: June 6, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 39 times
- June 29, 2020 at 3:38 pm #341680Autumn ValiantParticipantRegistered On: July 14, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 992Has thanked: 13188 timesBeen thanked: 2054 times
Beautiful – Lucy Schwartz – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzoFCmhFfq4
Mr. Blue Sky – E.L.O. – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUlA8Hcv4s
You and I – Ingrid Michaelson – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdEN1b-dwlw
Firework – Katy Perry – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw
I Do – Colbie Caillat – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0oyglKjbFQ
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 29, 2020 at 3:35 pm #344983Dawn WyvernAmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 97Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 193 times
Ellie – your choice fit right in with mine .. there are a few additions that are not all in the popular music charts that being my spirits up …
Jon Anderson – Chagall duet (with Sandrine Piau) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ehk3O4SHI
Lilly Colins – I believe in love – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpKsxDau3r4
Lana Del Rey – once upon a dream – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrD_l3juoU
Diva dance from 5th Element – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3XNfLd78TM
ELO – Mr Blue sky – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUlA8Hcv4s
Vangellis – love theme from Blade Runner – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJJ0uxigVA
Cyndi Lauper – time after time – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3Sx1Z-7rk
However – The list goes on and on .. and on !! and cascades onto more other songs …
hugs Dawn x
<h1 class=”title style-scope ytd-video-primary-info-renderer”></h1>
- June 29, 2020 at 3:35 pm #344997Dawn WyvernAmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 97Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 193 times
As others have said – this is such a hard thing to do as my choices change daily ! – love the selection above !
However the ones that have been most constant with me are not main stream so some may be
Jon Anderson with Sandrine Piau – Chaguall duet – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ehk3O4SHI
Lilly Collins – I believe in Love – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpKsxDau3r4&list=RDmpKsxDau3r4&start_radio=1
Sharm – Scarborough Fair – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJH7l5WjJKE
Pink Martini – Bitty Boppy Betty – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llAXzu6px0Y
Nightwish – sleeping sun – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfKMV5AbMI
hugs Dawn x
- June 2, 2020 at 8:39 am #348082Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 288Has thanked: 445 timesBeen thanked: 864 times
1] Tom Petty- break down
2] The Honey Drippers- sea of love
3] Joe Cocker- felling alright
4] Long John Baldry- don’t try to play no boogie woogie for the king of rock and roll
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 2, 2020 at 7:03 am #348055Philma BiersteinParticipantRegistered On: May 28, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 24Has thanked: 272 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
Nothing to Lose – The Floozies
Love the title, love the band name, really dig the slow funky jam.
“I’m feelin’ somethin’, come on take a ride on the good night baby,
We got nothin’ to lose on the outside, ain’t no shame in the Get Down”
- May 23, 2020 at 8:01 am #345863michaela janeParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 20Replies: 173Has thanked: 156 timesBeen thanked: 258 times
I have a fondness for Bamileke Rhythm.
At 7 minutes it’s a bit long but it’s a nice change from pop & (c)rap.
<h1 class=”title style-scope ytd-video-primary-info-renderer”></h1>
- May 23, 2020 at 5:22 am #345817Linda Rose NygaardParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 38Has thanked: 106 timesBeen thanked: 183 times
I enjoy being a girl, sung by Peggy Lee
- May 20, 2020 at 7:23 pm #345128K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 567Has thanked: 279 timesBeen thanked: 921 times
Hard Workin’ Man by Brooks & Dunn
….because that relates closely to what I’ve been doing during this virus quarantine.
- May 20, 2020 at 7:10 pm #345125ThereseWParticipantRegistered On: July 23, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
“Change Your Mind” by Sister Hazel. It always gives me a positive boost. Lyric that applies to my journey-
“If you want to be somebody else,
If you’re tired of fighting battles with yourself,
If you want to be somebody else,
Change your mind”
- May 20, 2020 at 3:28 pm #345053Kathleen 60454ParticipantRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 168Has thanked: 1056 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
Dancing Queen by ABBA.
- May 20, 2020 at 1:01 pm #345027PY MarshallParticipantRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 143Has thanked: 508 timesBeen thanked: 223 times
Girls just want to have fun Cindi Lauper.
- May 20, 2020 at 11:16 am #345003Alexis TresseParticipantRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 42Has thanked: 468 timesBeen thanked: 123 times
Vivaldi concerto “The Four Seasons” has been my longest-serving favorite.
Nice version is on YouTube BBC Wales, with then-teenage violinist Julia Fischer.
- May 20, 2020 at 10:48 am #344999Dawn WyvernAmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 97Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 193 times
as others have said – this is such a hard thing to do as my choices change daily ! – love the selection above !
However the ones that have been most constant with me are not main stream so some may be new to you (I tried to link to YouTube but with out success!)
Jon Anderson with Sandrine Piau – Chaguall duet
Lilly Collins – I believe in Love
Sharm – Scarborough Fair
Pink Martini – Bitty Boppy Betty
Nightwish – sleeping sun
hugs Dawn x
- May 20, 2020 at 10:23 am #344987
- May 20, 2020 at 9:50 am #344979IsabelParticipantRegistered On: February 4, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 26Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 126 times
I could list 100s, but to save us all time just going with one I’m listening to at the moment “Starships” by Nicki Minaj or try the acapella version.
- May 20, 2020 at 7:41 am #344953Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 102Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 245 times
I love music, especially when working.
I have way too many to list, but here are some top ones I listen to alot :
– Pretty much anything by Taylor Swift
– Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
– More than a memory by Carly Rae Jepsen
– Firework by Katy Perry
– Make it shine by Victoria Justice (theme song to Victorious’ Cast)
– Take on the World by Rowan Blanchard/Sabrina Carpenter (theme song to Girl Meets World)
– Party of One by Carly Rae Jepsen
– Freak the Freak out by Victoria Justice
– Capital Letters by Hailee Steinfeld
– Fight Song by Rachel Platten
– Candy by Mandy Moore
– I think I’m in love with you by Jessica Simpson
– I love it by Icona Pop
- May 19, 2020 at 8:27 pm #344868Marilyn JohnsonParticipantRegistered On: May 20, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
The Beatles: Here Comes the Sun
Roy Orbison: Pretty Woman
John Prine: Hello in There, That’s the Way the World Goes round.
John Denver: Sunshine On My Shoulders
Bette Middler: The Rose
Bob Marley: Positive Vibration, Redemption Song
- May 8, 2020 at 6:54 pm #341859ChloeCParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 135Has thanked: 202 timesBeen thanked: 413 times
ELO – Livin’ Thing
Not particularly upbeat, but I can listen to the following again and again as they touch something deep within me.
Sean Rowe – ‘To Leave Something Behind’
Jose Gonzalez – Stay Alive
Five for Fighting – One Hundred Years
Dvorak – Going Home – vocals by Sissel
Reflections of My Life – Marmalade
and practically anything by Jim Steinman
- May 8, 2020 at 6:38 am #341730Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 397Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 1222 times
Oh gosh, where do I start. I am a die hard audiophile here and have so many playlists set up according to my moods. Some of these may seem corny to some, but I just love music:
John Denver: Eagles and Horses, A Song For All Lovers, Farewell Andromeda, Berkley Woman ( a very awesome song from my teens about a woman)
Bonnie Raitt: Mighty Tight Woman, Love Me Like A Man, This Old House, Runaway (live)
The Moody Blues: Eyes Of A Child, Bless These Wings, Nights In White Satin, Never Comes The Day
This could be too easy to get carried away with, so I will stop for now and probably add some more later.
- May 7, 2020 at 8:05 pm #341664BobbiParticipantRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 23Replies: 1343Has thanked: 1408 timesBeen thanked: 2780 times
My four very favorite feel good songs in order (There’s MANY more!)
1) I Wanna Hold Your Hand, by The Beatles
2) I Can Hear Music, by The Beach Boys (Except the last part the song. I wish Mike Love would have stayed out of it with his friggin’ “Doo Wop” crap!)
3) That Thing You Do! by The Wonders
4) What’s So Funny bout’ Peace, Love, & Understanding, by Elvis Costello
- May 5, 2020 at 6:19 pm #341208
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.