Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I come from a big family, at 55 and a middle child I have only shared some of my “secret” with few people. Today I shared with my oldest sister more than I expected. I even showed her a picture of Erica. She was so awesome. She pointed out how we looked alike. I felt so valued and understood. You truly never know what to expect from those leaps of faith. I am just so glad I have continued to reach out to people. A few here and there, letting more of myself be seen. I own a lot of this growing inner strength to CDH. Thank you all

Anonymous

Congratulations for finding the strength to share your secret. Fear of rejection by loved ones is a powerful deterrent. I remember how cautious I was about revealing Bettylou to my wife – and how surprised I was by her initial tolerance and subsequent acceptance. And like you, I owe a lot to CDH for the support it has given me.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Awesome to read this Erica!  It’s does take a mighty big leap but the pay off can be amazing.  I know it was for me when i told my wife.  Still working up the courage to talk to some other loved ones about who I am.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

I’m happy for you, Erica.

That is fantastic, I still sit on the fence weather to tell my sister, as we did not grow up together

That’s so amazing! Our sisters so often play a crucial role in us forming out identities. It must feel great to have that validation from her.

Lauren

Congratulations Erica!!

My older sister, without knowing, awakened her younger sister (me) without really knowing, when I was 5.  She and a friend dressed me in a dress and panties and sandles so I could ‘legally’ play Barbies with her little group of gf’s.  She is almost 3 years older than I am, and it was her clothing that shaped me in secret for so many years.

She dropped by my house one day when I was supposed to be at work and heard the vacuum.  She came inside to check it out and snuck up on a strange woman cleaning her brother’s home.  We were both very surprised, to say the least.  After most of the afternoon talking and telling about things, she welcomed Paula as the sister she never knew.  She was the first person in our family to meet and accept Paula, and has raised both of her daughters to refer to me as Aunt Paula.  With her oldest now expecting her first, I may just be a great aunt in a few months.

I was 29 when this happened, so 24 years had passed for me before my sister knew the truth.

Sister’s are awesome people!

PaulaF

Hi Erica That is such a wonderful story. Telling anyone our life long secret can be so exhilarating. You like a all of us have so much to share about our life long struggles just wanting to express ourselves but could not for so many reasons. I hope you and sister can expand your friendship now that she knows. Good for you. Luv Stephanie

You are so right about sisters having a impact on our identities.  . She would always got the cutest cloths. I would be so embarrassed to tell her how many times i borrowed her cloths.

Anonymous

Such a nice story Erica, I told my sister when i was 14, because I wanted to borrow one of her dresses! Between her and my cousin, I was shown how to dress properly, apply make-up, wear heels and the general mannerisms of a girl. She means the world to me.

Alice Black
      Duchess

I have been told by a number of people that I look like my sister. If I ever come out of closet, she will be the first person I tell. She is a psychologist so I am sure she would accept that I crossdress.

Alice Black

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?