• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nancy
      Lady

I love having smooth legs, but can’t manage to shave my knobby knees without cutting them up. Do you girls have any secrets for effective knee shaving?

Birel

Anonymous

I’m just very conscious of the angle I am shaving from, to keep the length of the blade as flat against my skin as I can rather than coming at it vertically or horizontally. I also bend my knee to round out the curve as much as I can and create a flatter surface.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

For me I have to keep my leg straight when I shave my knee caps. Then, I bend my legs to get along the sides. As Diane says, keeping the blade flatter also seems to help. Women’s razors are better for preventing nicks, but they cost more. I know it may cause some girls to cringe, but I like to use a man’s razor, and be a little more careful. Realy careful on the shins! They seem to shave closer as well.

Lara

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I found a rechargable battery powered lady shaver for not a lot of money. I got it to see how it would do. It has worked out well in keeping the hairs down all over and I only need to shave occasionally.

Like Lara T said, I’ve found that keeping my knee bent when shaving has reduced the nicks and irritation.
      I also agree that, though more expensive, lady shavers do the best job on legs.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Birel, for me. Bandaids. I butcher my knees and shins. Thats why I have been waxing lately. Hugs

Peta Mari
      Lady

I’m lucky. My knees don’t seem to grow much hair.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

A good electric razor.

Edit: I should add that hair removal sucks, IMO.  I got laser a while back.  I’m nearly hair free.  I get a touch up about once a year.  WAY better results than shaving, waxing, epilating, Nair/Neet, or whatever.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Emily Alt.
      Anonymous

Hi Birel.

Definitely agree with others….knees bent is best….

also let the razor ” glide “….too much pressure and it will pick up and nick everything.

Smoothy grace x

Maybe soak in a nice bath, and then with great care shave the knee hair.

Diane

Anonymous

I was having my weekly full body shave on Friday night, nicked the skin on inside of my knee, that was so painful. Doesn’t feel wonderful to be completely hairless, I didn’t start with a lot anyway.

Becka
      Lady

With knees bent at 90 degrees, shave slow and easy. Stretch the skin out as much as possible. That has worked for me.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have found for me shaving across my knees have led to no cuts or scrapes. I shave my legs every time I shower and eventually you will find what works best. I use women’s blades that have aloe strips and that gives me a smooth shave, plus I change blades often, dull blades will cut you.

Sandy

Kimmie
      Lady

OH. I’m not the only one!! Bent knee, skin pulled tight, going as slow as possible works best for me. Also, I try to use short strokes with the razor. One complication is that I have gnarly scar on one knee from replacement surgery. Over time, it has given me less trouble, So long as I’m slow and careful, I’m able to avoid cuts. If I’m rushing or careless, it’s another matter. Finally, moisturizing between shaves is essential, especially during the drier months of winter.

Trisha
      Duchess

Veet hair remover

Katrina
      Lady

I have a five blade razor that vibrates.  I bend my knee and go slowly trying to go with the shape of my knees.  I do knick if I am in a rush.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have knobby knees as well!  I use a 3 blade, sensitive skin Venus razor.  Like Lara Tucker, I straighten out my leg and go from below the kneecap and then up and over. I also shave pretty much every day when I’m in the shower and I just use the soap from my hair shampoo while it’s still lathered up as my ‘shaving cream’.  Works fine for me!  I’m going to say this out loud and I’m sure to cut myself tomorrow, but I’ve been shaving since July and haven’t sliced my knobby knees once!  Maybe it’s the razor I use?

Sounds like you have a lot of options to test!  I hope you find one that works!   🙂

*kisses* tara 🙂

Nancy
      Lady

No, I’ve been using 3 blade razors, but I could try 5 if you have better luck with them. Nair very much doesn’t get along with my skin, so I try to avoid chemical based solutions. Yeah, I do sometimes use an electric shaver on a few problem spots, but I really like the smoothness I get from a blade.

Birel

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?