Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I like to be smooth all over, find myself every morning shaving my face, chest, bikini area and legs. Please help me stop the madness! What does everyone prefer, if it’s shaving I will be bummed 🙁

Hi Jayne, I purchased a Gillette Venus Silk Expert, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal system. I’ve been using it weekly as directed. Touch up shaving is getting less and less. It only works on certain skin and hair types. I takes time to do it, it’s not as fast as shaving. Sometimes you feel a tingle and the pulsing light is warm to hot, but it works for me. I still shave my face and genitals as  they warn not to use it there. There are other units available, look them up. I ordered mine from Walmart and had it delivered to my house. Good luck in finding something for you to use.

Jamie

Anonymous

Thanks Jamie for the great info, I will check it out.

Jayne

eve love
      Lady

I am looking into the no no pro, its suppose to last up to 4 wks without have to shave.  Hopefully after using it for a while I won’t have to shave any more, hope this helps

Anonymous

I would love to hear your results, I just figured that anything too good to be true usually is. Hope it’s not a much of an investment in case it doesn’t work. No, I actually hope it works, shaving once a month would be heavenly.

Hi Eve, read the reviews on Amazon first, The NoNo got a lot of negative ones.

Hi there,

i got a pulsing light thingy at Costco as well, cost about $120 and I have been using it weekly.

takes about 20 minutes to do entire body but it has cut my shaving down to maybe 20%, I recommend it

Martina

Ah Yes!  Hair removal.  Some people grow very little hair….myself, I only get the odd one or two on my legs…lucky me. Genitals is a different…grows like a weed….weekly shaving. Face…boo hoo…daily.  I understand that taken females hormones with help a lot. See your doctor for the right ones…not ones from magazines.

Lady Veronica

I tried waxing for the first time two weeks ago so I’ll share my experience up to this point. I saw an add for special on a male Brazilian and back wax and decided to give it a try. I also added my chest and glutes, and at the suggestion of the esthetician, had my nose and ears done as well. I have a decent tolerance to pain so I wasn’t too nervous and it was tolerable. The chest and abdomen were the worst, but the esthetician was skilled at her job and overall the experience was actually enjoyable, and the results were out of this world!

I loved how smooth I was, no hair at all. The esthetician told me it would last for a month. It’s been two weeks now and I can feel stubble returning. Nothing visible, and not enough to shave yet, but that glorious smoothness is already gone. At this point I would say that if it weren’t so expensive I’d do it once a month, but for now I think I’ll just do my best to maintain it with shaving. I do think I’ll shoot for doing my back, ears and nose every few months though.

I am a fan of waxing for sure.  I’ve been waxing my legs for years.  What Sofia didn’t mention, and perhaps may not be aware of, is that waxing will thin out the hair over time.  While in the beginning it may last a month, over time it will be longer and longer.  Each time you wax some of the hair follicle die off so less and less hair returns.  I can go for nearly two months now.  And the hair than I still have is very sparse and thin.  For me their is no other way to go.  Of course still have to do my face and the nether region but I can deal with that once or twice a week.

Anonymous

The No-No is $250, the Gillette thingy is $350, waxing doesn’t sound like an option. Costco sounds the best so far. I could get away with shaving the good stuff once a week, but have to do face daily. I may just see if I can find a Doc and do HRT therapy, I just don’t want to lose usage of my, you know.

Jayne

I like waxing over the no no because after one year the laser went on it

I have a Flash’N’Go Express with the Lifetime flash in it.
        It’s made a huge difference on my legs.
        I just need longer arms and more time to spend with it.

Anonymous

I am a fan of laser ladies, I admit it has its flaws hair pigmentation, colour and so on, but it certainly lastes the longest. Love Sharlett

Patty Phose
      Duchess

The first time I shaved my legs it was awkward. I was in a bath. I had to go over my legs a lot to get the hair off. I missed a lot of spots and got a lot of cuts.  When I finally got all the hair off and got the cuts to stop bleeding, my legs looked strange. When I put pantyhose on though I loved it. My legs looked so great and the feel of the pantyhose was just heavenly. I knew I was never going to have hair on my legs again.

Still, I wanted a better and faster hair removal method. I bought Nair. I followed the directions and applied it to my legs. It burned a bit and smelled pretty bad. It took a while but when I washed it off, it did a great job of removing the hair. Still I had some blotches of red skin irritation.

After a week or so I tried it again. It took  a long time and still smelled and burned a little but not as bad as the first time. I used it once  week and several more times until I finished up the bottle. It worked really well at removing the hair but took a long time and I could have done without the smell and the burns. I tried other brands with pretty much the same results.

Then I tried shaving my legs in the shower. It took some practice to not cut myself and develop a technique that worked well. I discovered a slightly dull razor that I had used on my face worked really well. It removed the stubble and I rarely cut myself. Now many years later that is still my preferred method of keeping my legs hair free.

I never tried waxing. It seems like it would be uncomfortable and take a long time. I have used an epilator. I didn’t like that either. The hair had to grow into stubble. The epilator would pull the hairs out. I got a lot of ingrown hairs with that. And I had to wait for the hair to grow to a stubble before it would work. I could easily shave it off way before that.

I also tried some other things like a sanding pad. Rub that over your legs and you get smooth hair free legs. That wasn’t good either. I was going to give the No No a try but was advised that is not great either.

So for me,l the slightly dull razor run over my soapy legs in the shower is my favorite and works best. It’s fast, easy and neat. I shave my legs every time I take a shower.

I love wearing sheer pantyhose and showing my legs. Hair free legs are a must.

Try various things and go with what works best for you or what you like most.

Christy
      Lady

An epilator works well for me.

Anonymous

Hey ladies, for those you thinking HRT will fix your facial hair woes, be advised it has very little effect. It will soften and reduce body hair, but for most T women, HRT doesn’t do anything other than soften the facial hairs a bit. Facial hair is a different type of hair than body hair and female hormones don’t affect its growth unless you were to start hormones before facial hair begins to develop.

Sorry if I am the bearer of bad news.

Hugs,

Sally

There are quite a bit of natural hair removal recipes on the web.  haven’t tried them but just thought I’d throw an FYI up,

My experience with Nair and other depilatory creams is that they overpromise and underdeliver. For legs and finer hair, they’ll work—not painlessly, but serviceably—but they’re too caustic for the skin on my cleavage, yet not caustic enough to remove that coarse booby stubble. They’re not worth the money or the irritation for me.

Epilators look and sound painful. I’m not sure what to think of waxing; it *sounds* less agonising than using duct tape, but the principle doesn’t seem all that different. Laser depilation’s probably a bridge too far.

For now, I’m okay with using my trusty Mach 3, but I’ve heard enough about the Venus cartridges to pique my interest in using them for a finishing shave.

Hugs and careful of “cut yourself shaving; consult Limb Loss Subtable”, Cindy Lou

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?