Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello ladies,

As a girl who has only just started to buy her own clothes, I’m finding buying shoes quite challenging.

I’m in the UK and there seem to be limited choices through Amazon (my go to shopping site right now).

Can you make any recommendations?

Thanks,

Gemma.

Hello again Gemma
      Hope you had a merry Christmas
      I ordered my first pair heels and got a message from the retailer asking me to measure length and width of my foot and send the measurements and they would send the proper shoe size and they did. I am 10 1/2 length and 4 1/2 wide and They fit perfect. You can see them in the one pic on my profile. It says 44 on the bottom of the shoes. I got the shoes off of Etsy.
      The sizing is in women’s sizes. We suggest that you order 2.5 to 3 sizes above your normal US Men’s shoe size. If you are normally a 10.5 US Men’s size then we suggest ordering 13 or 14 for this item. If your foot is a wide fitting you may want to go an extra size up to fit comfortably.
      That is the message I got from Etsy.
      Hope that helps you out
      Sara

Anonymous

Many thanks Sara,

Hope you had a good Christmas too.

Thank you very much for the advice – this is really helpful.

Thanks again,

Gemma.

I ordered a 12 wide tennis shoes in womens but wear a 10.5 in men’s. It took me awhile to find them on Amazon. For my heels I had to go to Macy’s and the young lady was very polite and helpful. I went to Torrid and they were out of my size in shoes. Finding shoes to fit is hard for me also. Hugs, Allysa

Anonymous

Many thanks Allysa.

Onlymaker.com has a great selection of shoes at a reasonable price. They carry sizes to size 15 (US) and 46 ( EU). I haven’t ordered from them myself but plan to in the future.

Love,

Tommie

Anonymous

Thanks Tommie.

Gemma.

Not sure if you have dsw ( designer shoe warehouse) the UK but they are a great shoe store.

Try Prettybigshoes.com. There you can find many websites that cater to Larger shoe sizes, for women.

Hiya, Gemma; I’m also in the UK – and I wear a size 12!  I’ve found there’s a very good selection at Alternative Footwear – they have even had shoes up to size 15 in the past!  Usually, the shoes fit pretty much to their correct size, but – of course – you never know for sure (I know boots can be different at times, but the only ones I have had from AF fitted perfectly.)  All I can guarantee is that they are easy to find on the internet, not bad on price, quite quick on delivery and the site is easy to use… plus they deliver in a plain wrapper, which can be very welcome…  Hope you have success in your hunt:  Holly XXX

J J
      Lady

I buy my shoes at self serve type shoe stores. I live in the US, so don’t know if the have them in Britain, it is the type of stores that just has rows and rows of shoes divided up by size. I habe never had an issue with other customers or the cashier while buying women’s shoes…they are just shoes.

Asos babe

Anonymous

Thanks Dee – Can’t believe I didn’t look at Asos (still very new to buying my own clothes).

Gemma.

Anonymous

Gemma, also in the UK, ASOS, NewLook or Zoolando.

As my wife pointed out to me the higher the shoe it foreshortens your foot. I’m usually a 7.5 UK and bought size 7 in a  4” heel, in fact I need a 6 to stop them sliding off my heel. All shoes are different so there is no rules. My wife gifted me some gladiator sandals, they were size 5, fit perfectly. Katie.

Anonymous

Thanks Katie – that’s great advice (and something I wouldn’t even have thought of).

Gemma,

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve had good luck with this site:

https://www.prettybigshoes.com/

It lists retailers across the globe that sell women’s shoes in larger sizes.  It’s possible to search based on a variety of criteria including country.

Hope this helps.

/EA

Anonymous

Thank you Emily – I’ll check it out.

Gemma.

Anonymous

Thanks Ahley,

I’ve not heard of them but thanks for the tip.

Gemma.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=704372]

Gemma, all of the brands I mentioned have sales on at the moment, good luck and remember with these retailers you can return them if they are the wrong size etc. BTW I hate auto correct in my post it should be “ so there are no rules” to sizing. Have a great shop. Katie.

Hi Gemma,

I’m a UK size 8 and buy my shoes and boots at M&S. I shop in person (as my male self), either early in the morning or late in the evening when there are fewer customers around. The staff are always friendly and helpful and I’ve never had any problems, even when I’ve had to change a pair that were too big (I bought a wide fit pair in a size 8 and had to exchange them for a 7).

I’ve recently found that quite a few of the shoes and boots in Deichmann are available up to size 8 and most up to size 7.

Karen x

I am in a similar but frustrating situation with ladies shoes. I have enoumous feetm and wiool no doubt have to have them custom made. Any recommendations in that area?

Connie Wittnee
        Baroness - Annual

My women’s shoe size is 15.
        B I G . Men’s 13 are easy to find on sale or clearance but, but..😒 Pleaser usually has size 15 women’s, some shoes even larger. I’ve bought black flats and two, lower heel black pumps(one shiney and round toed, one matte and narrower toe). Happy with all. Made in communist China I don’t like. Amazon recently had size 15 beige strapped pumps for $50 US.I bought them! I’m over 6′ tall so low heels, y’know. Out in public I wear flats and sometimes the pumps for enchanting click clack❤️.

The best thing to do is to go into a shoe store or department store and try on the shoes. When you go to try on the shoes, Since a salesperson may be helping you try on the shoes, always wear nylons and have a good pedicure with pretty nail polish on your toes, and a little perfume on your ankles.

When trying on the shoes, walk around the store for a while to ensure that they are a good fit before making a decision.

Jamie

Hi Gemma,

As I was reading forums, someone mentioned the Crossdresser Boutique. Out of curiosity I went to the website and found that they carry womens shoes that cross over to a mens size 14(U.K.). I  only need womens size 11/12 but amazed that they had nice shoes and boots that large. They are fulfilled by Amazon and ship worldwide. For pricing you can also set your currency for your country. Hope this helps….. Stephanie

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?