Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m looking into buying my first set of pumps and found some nice stuff on the en femme site but shipping is extraordinary and I found no customer reviews. Still very close to pulling the trigger. Any recommendations? Where do we buy our shoes and what can be passed on to new crossdressers chomping at the bit to complete this important aspect of their look?

Anonymous
      Lady

Torrid has nice shoes up to size 13 women’s…Long Tall Sally has shoes up to women’s size 15 in some of their styles. Both have wide shoes that fit my feet really well.

TheBreastForm store has a nice selection of shoes.

ShoeFreaks has some great stuff as well.

Anonymous

Check out the normal online women sites. They usually cater for up to 9” and wide fitting. Also you will not be paying extortionate prices. Also free delivery and free returns are the key.

Emily
      Lady

I’m a size 12-13, I like to shop online at Torrid, Cato, and Maurices. I especially like when they have cute shoe’s on clearance.

My personal choice is to only buy shoes that I can try on in the store.  I realize that this is unrealistic for many as they may not live close enough to these types of stores, but it really is the best option.  I have tried on hunderds if not thousands of heels over the years and have only found a handful that fit my feet well and don’t cause discomfort.  It is possible to find 4-5 inch heels that are comfortable, they don’t have to hurt your feet.  Sizing is also an issue.  I wear a mens 10.5 (US) which is supposed to mean that I need a 12 (US) in womens, but all of the heels that I have bought over the years are a 10 or 11, mostl 10’s though.

I see you live in BC, not sure what is available in Canada for free shipping. Zappos maybe?  They have a fairly healthy selection of larger sizes of women’s pumps/heels and I think they are always free shipping, again, not sure about Canada.

For those concerned about trying on shoes in the store, yeah it can be a bit awkward at times, but I have never had anyone say a thing to me other then staff asking if I needed help. Except on a recent trip one woman commented that she either couldn’t wear heels like I had on or that she wished she could. I was in full male mode when she made he comment and we chatted about it for a few seconds. Trying on shoes is like anything else related to crossdressing, 95% of the fear we have is all made up in our heads.  No cares what you are wearing, other than perhaps your SO.  The most anyone will do is give you a questioning look, and you just smile and continue on.

The Breast Form Store has shoes, I don’t know the prices or quality, but they are a BC based company, and reputable. I get my breast forms from them. I am sure some place like the Bay company or Target will have them in the size you need. Just go to a store that has women’s shoes and see if they have any in your size and try them on. No one really cares what kind you are trying on. Don’t order shoes online until you know your size though.
      Hugs, Kristen

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I have had good luck at Amazon with Lishan, and Sammitop brands in pumps, and stiletto  sandals.
      As a few other girls already mentioned Zappos has some larger sizes, and shipping is free too.

💕Lara

Anonymous

Sable,
      I have bought shoes enfemme at Shoe Carnival with no problems. I wear womens size 11 which is hard to come by at department stores.
      Kerri

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Sable, I have bought alot of my shoes from Amazon and have been very happy with the styles and fit including 4 pairs of pumps.  I also have bought shoes from Facebook market place and had a lot of luck there too and saved a lot of money. I bought a pair of knee high boots and also a pair of brand new Just Fab booties (still in the box), both of these were only $15. Good luck in your hunt for pumps.

Love,

Trish

Try Torrid and shoe show mega online. Torrid runs a little big (the pair I purchased) Shoe show mega a little small. Also Amazon and sometimes you can get a good deal on Ebay. Good luck honey

Michelle 💋💋

Hi Sable,  This is how I pumped me up many years ago. I have about 15 pairs of 3-4 inch heel pumps (mostly black leather).   I may wear a pair for several hours at a time.  This includes walking, standing and dancing so for me they need to be comfortable and sturdy.  I am like Hose Heels and need to actually try a style on first before I think that I can wear them.  I first went to thrift stores and tried on tons of pumps until I began to find  a style and size that seemed workable.  Then I bought that shoe for about $5 and practiced and studied.  I think that it takes a while to find out all the idiosyncrasies of a shoe like does it pinch, rub or roll to the side.  Any of those situations could make the pump unbearable.  Once I found a pump  that I loved, I then searched for that particular brand and style to purchase new.  Sometimes I would buy 3 of the same pump but in different colors.  The cheapest brand that I found workable for me was the George brand from Target (about $30).  My middle brand was Ann Taylor (about $60) and you can get them at most major malls and the most expensive difficult to find was Ferragamo (about $80) which I usually get used on Posh.  Once you have found your perfect pumps you might wear the hell out of them only to grieve when the heel tip dies.  Then get them reheeled (or you can do it yourself with You Tube videos).  Meanwhile  you pop on your backup pair and continue with the event.  Cobblestones and parking lots tend to destroy heels so I usually wear sandals or ballet flats from the car to the event and take my pumps out from my bag and pop them on at the door.  If you are not used to heels you might try wearing them for 5 minutes at a time  throughout the day.  Otherwise you might suffer leg and back pains later on.   I try to wear my pumps about a half hour a day so that my legs don’t cramp up when I’m on them for a full night.  So, I hope that this helps you and if you find 3-4 inch heels are difficult then just start with 2 inch ones.  I think that you will really rock your pumps so have fun and party on!        Marg

Sable, just go to prettybigshoes.com. What they do is all of the heavy searching for you so you can easily put in search criteria and find the exact shoes you want (or damn near close to it). Just be sure and take a picture of the ones you choose and post it here on CDH so we can all see ;).

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?