Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jessica
      Lady

Hi everyone-
      I hope you’re all doing well. I had a great experience that I wanted to share.

My wife and I were out at the mall and we walked by the Payless shoes, and I know I don’t have to tell you ladies that when I walk by I’m not looking at the mens shoes in the window. I saw the cutest leopard print flats and I wanted them, but there were people inside so we kept walking. My wife wanted to try one of those message chairs which was near the store and the temptation was just to great. Now, I’m an online buyer. I’ve never gone to a store and bought something for myself which was obviously for myself. My wife’s been there and we’ve gotten stuff that looked like it was more for her. Well, I went back to the Payless and the lady helper was there. I told her a white lie which I got caught in. I said, ‘My wife and I were going to a Halloween thing and I was going as a woman.” Then I asked if she had the leopard print shoes in women 12? She said, ‘Lets see.’ Well they didn’t but we did look for other ones and found a pair I liked but it was in 11’s. She said, ‘Ok take your sock off and lets see if they’ll fit.’ (This is were I’m getting caught in my white lie.) Without thinking I tore my sock off and there they were near perfect cute toes with a pretty bronze nail polish. She smiled and said, “I see you have some experience with this.” I blushed and we laughed. Those shoes didn’t fit but she did find some in the 12’s I needed and I got them. Everything was fine. She didn’t kick me out, or scream naughty words at me. She didn’t beat me out or call a goon squad of creepy hateful people to beat me up either. We had a great experience. It was super fun.
      Thanks for reading this y’all.
      Jessi
      P.S. I’m trying to post a photo of my new shoes but I always have a hard time doing that.

Becka
      Lady

That’ s awesome Jessica!

I’ve actually gone to stores now several times, that are more “self serve” and have tried on and bought shoes/boots.   I’ve been caught or noticed a couple of times by women shoppers, but they didn’t seem to care either way.  One actually smiled.  This morning I just bought a pair of pantyhose (that I can’t wait to get on), and yesterday some tights.  I try to go to stores early, to beat the crowds. 🙂

Good for you Gurl!  Go get’em!

BTW, I’m envious.  I’d love  a pair of leopard print shoes!

Ummm

LOL Had a similar self outing back in the 80’s in an old Tall Gals shoe store. Worked up the nerve and fake motive to ask for a pair of pumps for Halloween. Salesman brought be an on sale pair in size 13. Had a bow and didn’t like them. Tried on several styles and he made me comfortable even with other women customers in the store. No one seemed to care as I walked around in each style. Finally bought a great color red pumps with kitten heel. Liked them so much I asked for 2 more pair in brown and black for friends who were going with me. LOL MISTAKE! He smiled and billed me and thanked me. Several months later I wanted a pair of ballet flats I had seen in their catalogue. Drove back to the store on a weekday morning. Walked in and the same salesman was there. Looked me right in the eye and smiled and said hello, as he clearly recognized me. I picked out a few pairs and he asked if I wanted to try them on. I was embarrassed, said no, paid for 1 pair. We both smiled and said goodbye. But I knew I was finally OUT to someone who seemed to be fine with it. Only person in real life (apart from my wife) who ever knew I CDed. Wish I had at some point in life been more open about being trans. It was a wonderfully comfortable and reassuring feeling to be liked as a CD.

Jessica…..great story. We all slip up at times! I had to go to hospital…heart attack, and never gave painted nails a thought until later. My explaination…..grand-daughter had a playdate with friends and I got conned into being the model at their make-up party!  I had the whole damned nursing staff come to visit and see…..I think they bought it…no-one said other-wise………just…You are such a great grandpa to submit to their game!  Whew!  I don’t know what the hell they used….nothing would take it off!

Veronica

Putting photo’s up ,I find hard also but that is what makes this  group of special people safe . I hope you have a good  level of success.Py x.

I went to payless and told the lie of they were for my wife not thinking that the size would get me. When i walked up to pay for the boots the young lady asked if I had tried them on for fit. After turning every shade of red in the book she said they are returnable not to worry and if I saw something not in “her” size she could check online or another store for me. Been back three times now and she has helped everytime always helpful and never judging.

I’ve always had very pleasant experiences at Payless. I think they must train their staff very well on how to work with all of their customers, and particularly on how to deal with “gentlemen” buying shoes designed for “ladies.” My only problem is that I wear a 14 wide and they only carry up to 13 wide – so I can’t always find something that fits. Every clerk who has helped me has acted professionally and pleasantly – and I didn’t have to make up a story at all!

Remember, they are shoes – wear what you want!

Millie

Hello Jessica; Thank you for sharing another great Payless Shoe Source story, but with a twist. I’m glad you got through your experience. About a year ago, I bought my first 2 pairs of women’s shoes at Payless. The leader of my CD/TG support group meetings went with me for support. I had never shopped for shoes before and they were the last item I needed, I was dressing full en fem for the first time at that night’s meeting. When we entered the store, the lady at the register asked if we needed any help. My meeting leader said “she’s looking for shoes”. I worried a little, because I was in full male mode at the time. Hearing “she” definitely caught me off guard. I didn’t panic or say anything and just went with it, I was taking the next step of my journey after all. We went to the women’s shoe aisle and looked at and tried on a few pairs. I paid for the two pairs I picked out and walked out without receiving any negative comments.

I went back a few days later on my own to exchange one pair for a smaller size, again no problems from the register lady.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?