- Own male/ wear male
- Own female/ wear female
- Own male/ wear female
- Own female/ wear male
- May 18, 2019 at 9:36 pm #178618
Claudia CAmbassadorRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 43Replies: 112Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 98 times
Do you own/wear more shoes as your given sex or as a crossdresser
I realized that my shoes are about 50-50 and wear them about the same outside of work.
Steel toes at work to female sandals at home. Colder weather brings out the ankle boots or higher boots.
- July 3, 2019 at 1:14 pm #194894Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)AmbassadorRegistered On: July 27, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 319Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
I only wear female shoes when I dress up not when in male but I own both and have way more female shoes than male shoes LOL
- June 23, 2019 at 8:05 pm #192656Patricia Marie AllenParticipantRegistered On: December 29, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 47Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 47 times
I no longer own any men’s shoes. When I needed steel toed shoes, I found a pair of size 12 women’s in a black oxford style. No one at work noticed the difference.
- June 16, 2019 at 9:54 am #191040Rachel WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 89Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 126 times
I own only 2 pair of men’s shoes, 1 pair of runners and 1 pair of dress. The rest are feminine. 2 pairs of flats (1 dark blue, 1 grey), black wedges, 2 pairs of 4″ heels and a pair of 6″ platforms. And, like any gurl, I want more.
- June 11, 2019 at 3:13 am #184593Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 619Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 741 times
I love my pumps and platforms. I wear them all the time except when I can’t or shouldn’t. They are one of my vital essentials for being Patty.
- June 5, 2019 at 2:19 pm #183137patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 298Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 502 times
A little late to this poll and topic.
As others here I have many pairs of female shoes probably 20 pair.
For my male shoes maybe 5.
I love women’s shoes so much.
Just got a pair off postmark today. oops 21
- June 5, 2019 at 5:55 am #183012Khloe KoutureParticipantRegistered On: February 8, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
- June 4, 2019 at 4:19 am #182669AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 9 times
Like many of you girls
i have 4 or 5 “his style” with no dress shoes in sight.
but, I’ve almost lost count as to how many pretties I have now.
i love to shop for them.
but wifey surprises me a lot with them too.
she had a pair of wine red – faux gator skin – with gold colored heels (no chunky heels) and platform.
Omg, I should post a pic, they are…..
- June 1, 2019 at 11:35 am #182162Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 255Has thanked: 201 timesBeen thanked: 352 times
The question made me think. I never owned (or wanted) more than 2 pair of shoes, plus one pair of Wellingtons or motorcycle boots for guys. But since the femme side resurfaced, I love to shop for shoes. So far: 2 pr tennis shoes, 2 scrunch flats, 2 regular flats, 2 heels, 1 Chelsea boots, 1 open-toe wedgie and 1 closed-toe wedgie. Shopping for a pair of loafers, no luck so far. At home, I wear the scrunch flats full time.
- May 27, 2019 at 1:06 pm #181043Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 330Replies: 1139Has thanked: 2866 timesBeen thanked: 2110 times
I actually had to think about this one. Right! i own more female shoes than male, currently 2 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of dress shoes and my infamous Barbie slippers, my male shoes consist of my workboots a pair of trainers and finally a pair of dress shoes.
Although i own more Femme shoes than male, i wear my Male shoes far more than my Femme ones, it is work related, in my line of work we have to wear steel capped boots, plus i dont go to work Femme, although if i could, i would!! interestingly enough, this topic also applies to my Femme wardrobe too, having far more Femme clothes than boring drab ones, although the same answer applies, my Male clothes get worn more than my Femme ones, funny eh?? 🙂
- June 1, 2019 at 1:51 pm #182182AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 197 times
Fiona, sounds like your ‘balancing act’ is in primo order? Yeah! (How about steel-toes Nikes)? They do make them! lol…. j/k
- May 27, 2019 at 10:42 am #180978AnastasiaParticipantRegistered On: May 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
Hm. Let’s see.
One pair of ridiculously high pink pvc boots. I ordered red, though.
Pros: Good god, they feel amazing!
Cons: They make me walk like a velociraptor. If I try to walk with absolutely straight legs I can move at roughly 100 meters an hour.
One pair of weirdly comfortable 6″ heel thigh boots. If women are to be believed, 6″ heels are absolute murder.
Pros: Feel both sexy and heavenly!
Cons: Can’t wear them for over about 6-8 hours.
One pair of suede otk boots with block heels.
Kpop style complicated pumps that have like two meters of strap requiring to be applied in a very specific manner.
Pros: Feel amazing!
Cons: Takes about 20 minute to put one shoe on.
- May 27, 2019 at 3:56 am #180879Nikkii PinellParticipantRegistered On: May 27, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I own more female shoes then male.
- May 26, 2019 at 1:14 pm #180719
- May 25, 2019 at 10:36 am #180468*skippy1965(Cynthia)AmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 108Replies: 1185Has thanked: 404 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
250-300 pairs of shoes-all female(some less obviously so for work-penny loafers- and for hanging out in stealth mode-multicolor pink and black sneakers). The only true male shoes I still wear are old tennis shoes for cutting the grass! Hey that reminds me I need to go do that lol.
- May 25, 2019 at 12:22 pm #180490AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 197 times
Cynthia, thank you! (Je vous remercie)! I’ve now clearance to ‘run amuck!” in the shoes, boots, wedges, sandals, fireman-boots, lake-waders (women’s only of course), and other lovelies Department (and online)! Primo! If you are like myself, we rattle around a small manse using but one bedroom and bed, another for boots, another for Winter wear and lingerie&nylons, leggings, meggings, thigh-highs, garters, gaffs ….yada yada, another for all else (shoes and attire). Both constantly change and I’ve an agreement to stay reasonably current, or ‘cutting edge’. It’s not the volume of shoes, it’s the problem of “what do I take with me for this shoot?” Okay then …let’s fill that Learjet45. 🙂
- May 25, 2019 at 10:57 am #180472
- May 24, 2019 at 6:22 pm #180285AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 197 times
I’m guilty too, of too many shoes, boots and “all others” …however, I’ve only one set of sneakers (steel toed) …!weird!, one pair of man’s pants and that’s it aside from a man’s belt, but I never ever freakin’ wear them! I’ve been dressing femme and rocking heels so long I’d fall flat on my face in men’s shoes! (HONEST INJUN)! Ohhhh! Speaking of which, there are Cherokee women here (Nantahala National Forest), and I’d love to have the hair THEY have. It’s black and OMG gorgeous! Nothing like it anywhere (one of a kind hair). Can’t BUY it either, except synthetic and it’s not even close…
<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve no desire to go count, but there’s a bevy of every colour pump, platforms w/heels, Stilettos galore, Goth Boots, booties, WILD footwear –> and a few sandals and wedges (no flats). These shoes and boots and such are all used when modelling for shoots or whatever. (I believe I’d have them anyway, even if I’d never modeled). In other words, I’m dressed femme 24/7/365 and could care less who likes or dislikes it. I love it and that’s all that matters. For those people who feel they must DOMINATE and be the most aggressive about my looks (which is rare indeed), I carry a Glock .40 caliber. Lifting my dress to reveal a garter belt with HEAT makes all the A’hole men turn and scurry away like they say WOMEN do! roflmao 🙂 Besides, since you appear to be a woman you are NOT at all safe at any time. Remember the best defense is to jam your finger into one of their eyes. 🙂 That will put an immediate stop to everything and you can leave unfettered with no feathers ruffled in the least. Err….sorry. Got carried away again… (sheepish look).</p>
- May 29, 2019 at 7:21 am #181424Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 463 timesBeen thanked: 413 times
Aimee….no question that we are all vulnerable when out en femme…depending on venue and time of day, more vulnerable at certain times/places compared to others.
I appreciated your point about thumb to the eye of an attacker. I actually demonstrated this to my daughter…I said to her “when the chips are down and your life is on the line, can you push your finger or thumb into his eye and push for all your worth.” The thought of doing this was too extreme for her to contemplate and she was unsure she could. I told her that then she could to at the very least expect to be raped. Yes, it’s gruesome to think about, but better to mentally prepare oneself in advance.
- May 24, 2019 at 12:12 pm #180212Alice EliotParticipantRegistered On: February 9, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 63Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 106 times
Currently I have 4 pairs of mens, mainly for work and social gatherings. They are all ‘shoes’, my everyday trainers/sneakers are female, as are my warm weather sandals. I recently moved and had a purge, throwing away about 10 pairs of heels/gladiators/flats, so I’m left with 8 pairs of heels, 3 flats and 2 boots. Oh, and my slippers are fluffy pink, to go with the dressing gown.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 21, 2019 at 11:48 am #179402Falecia McGuireParticipantRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 28Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 99 times
It is absolutely ridiculous how many women’s shoes I have owned and continue to keep in my collection. Shoes are the one apparel item that I have never purchased used. Clothing that can be laundered I often purchase from thrift or consignment shops. I just never have felt comfortable with used shoes. I’ve probably purchase more than 100 pairs over the years and likely have at least 50 pairs in various closets or storage bins. I usually run with about 15 pairs in a current cycle and switch out what seems appealing or matches an outfit I’ve begun to wear more frequently. The shoes that I can wear androgynously get more action. Some of the very feminine pumps and sandals are like new after years because they’ve only been worn around the house.
In the late 50s and early 60s, when I was first drawn to feminine footwear, high heeled pumps were the standard for feminine excellence when dressing up. While my mother wore high heels only seldom, I had some aunts and older cousins who wore them frequently. I really liked the true leather pumps with little or no adornment and the highest stiletto heels. Initially, I shied away from the strappy variety of women’s shoes until I got kind of fascinated by those with only three straps, one across the instep, one across the toes, and one behind the tendon. I still have several of these that have not gone out of style. I’ve added some new ones with a sort of collar around the ankle and one with a zipper behind the heel. While I seldom polish my toenails, I’m fastidious about keeping them clean and trimmed. Polished or not, they look great in the strappy heels. Sometimes wish I had the courage to do the French pedi routinely!
We often talk about what style we might adopt if our society truly accepted our feminine propensities. At this point, for me, if there was acceptance, I think I would wear skinny jeans or tights with a tunic or sleeveless top depending on the weather. On my feet, I’d wear either some sort of stiletto or heeled bootie, again depending on the weather. I’ve noticed the women who’ve kind of found a home in this style and I’m convinced it fits my personality. Outside of these, I’d like to occasionally wear dresses with a full skirt just above the knee, pantyhose and pumps or high heeled boots.
- May 21, 2019 at 8:17 am #179347T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 125 times
Shoes….yeah, kinda, sorta….
Shoes were a major part of my professional life as a Foot Specialist.
I grew out of my Mom’s blue pumps when I was 11, as she was a size 5.
In almost every one’s past there are many styles and functions of footwear. There is a shoe for every purpose. Shoes can be therapeutic. Shoes can help or hinder the gait process. Shoes/ Footgear can be Functionally Fashionable!
I have a trunk full of 3-4 inch heels in all colors and styles. Been out in public since the 1960’s, so at 73 ( October) I don’t have trouble in them. The day is coming when FLATS may become a must. I love my heels, so I will go , go as long as possible.
Shoes, yeah, I got a bunch of each gender & use them all.
ENJOY Being You! DR. T.J.
- May 21, 2019 at 7:14 am #179325EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 8Replies: 269Has thanked: 822 timesBeen thanked: 341 times
My closet is about 50/50 men’s and ladies shoes. I have been wearing women’s sneakers exclusively for years now. I’m fortunate to have smallish, narrow feet (9.5 or 10 usually). Because of my narrow feet, women’s styles seem to fit better and are more comfortable. Bonus, right?
- May 20, 2019 at 2:30 pm #179222Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 809Has thanked: 1250 timesBeen thanked: 836 times
I have 7 pairs of mens shoes/boots and sadly, only 3 pairs of womens. As has been mentioned, the demise of Payless reduces the choices for us dramatically. I take a 13 wide in ladies and prefer to shop in-store.
Forever on the lookout now.
- May 20, 2019 at 7:31 am #179111ParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 463 timesBeen thanked: 413 times
I have 4 pairs of high heels and a pair of ankle boots. Although I have been out publicly twice, my closeted status prevents me from being out like I wish I could. So I answered own both but only wear male in public.
- May 20, 2019 at 5:31 am #179075Tiffany AlexisFounderRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 29Replies: 664Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 1213 times
It took me 2 months to find my first 2 pairs of shoes. Give me time, and some kind of hidden space, and that ratio will change.
- May 19, 2019 at 10:37 pm #179013
- May 19, 2019 at 2:29 pm #178924Rochelle MillsParticipantRegistered On: March 16, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 43Has thanked: 82 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
Since I came out to my wife late last year (went well–yay!) my femme shoe collection has grown dramatically. I must admit that a big reason has been the demise of Payless Shoes. Over the last 2-3 months, my wife and I have picked up some great bargains, including several nice pumps for between $8 – $15 ea. We figured we would not find this many good, inexpensive options for my 11W – 12 feet maybe ever again, so we splurged. I now have a couple full 12-pair under-the-bed shoe organizers. 😊
- May 19, 2019 at 10:58 am #178857Boots DevilleParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
- May 19, 2019 at 10:15 am #178843KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 98Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 186 times
Hi Claudia, thanks for your poll. I have twice as many female than male footwear. As my wife knows I am a CD (she puts up with it moreso than is supportive), I wear my indoor female shoes around the house most of the time. Being retired I get to be around the house a lot. I have a few pairs of androgynous flats – only way to tell is by looking at the sizing. I take anywhere from a size 10, 10.5 or 11 ladies shoe depending on the style. With size 10, I have a lot to choose from. Over the years I’ve learned to always, always, always try on the shoes before I buy. I no longer waste time & money by buying online and I never had any problem buying them in person. I had a female friend help me with my first two purchases. After that I was on my own and it has been fun!!!! Hugs, Krista.
- May 19, 2019 at 7:40 am #178740rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 64Replies: 723Has thanked: 321 timesBeen thanked: 889 times
- May 19, 2019 at 7:27 am #178738Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1987Has thanked: 1681 timesBeen thanked: 1789 times
6 pr. female all black
6 pr. male black, grey hike boots
1 pr. Sorel Sno-Paks
I like to wear my sno-paks with nice dress and with my fiddle, attend barn dances………look out Mammy Yokum!!
- May 19, 2019 at 6:13 am #178713Jamie VegasParticipantRegistered On: May 23, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 151Has thanked: 230 timesBeen thanked: 120 times
I have way too many female shoes and about 6 pair of male shoes 3 of which are elevator shoes that give me the feeling of high heels when going out.
- May 19, 2019 at 2:15 am #178671AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 20Replies: 519Has thanked: 582 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
I own many more female shoes than male……….but wear male predominantly male, since I don’t venture into the public………I have to keep up with fashion styles, and I can manage on 1 or 2 inch platforms……as well as not………open toe, or peep-toe ankle strap are my favorite……….for some special occasions, I’ll wear the totally clear platform that looks very sexy, and when walking emphasizes the ‘swing’ of the hips……
- May 18, 2019 at 9:52 pm #178627Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 26Replies: 110Has thanked: 1937 timesBeen thanked: 320 times
4 pair of female shoes – heels, sandals, flats and pumps. I only wear them when dressed which is 4 or 5 times a week.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.