Viewing 49 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Claudia C
      Ambassador

Do you own/wear more shoes as your given sex or as a crossdresser
      I realized that my shoes are about 50-50 and wear them about the same outside of work.

Steel toes at work to female sandals at home. Colder weather brings out the ankle boots or higher boots.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Claudia C.

4 pair of female shoes – heels, sandals, flats and pumps.  I only wear them when dressed which is 4 or 5 times a week.

Anonymous

I own many more female shoes than male……….but wear male predominantly male, since I don’t venture into the public………I have to keep up with fashion styles, and I can manage on 1 or 2 inch platforms……as well as not………open toe, or peep-toe ankle strap are my favorite……….for some special occasions, I’ll wear the totally clear platform that looks very sexy, and when walking emphasizes the ‘swing’ of the hips……

Mikki

I have way too many female shoes and about 6 pair of male shoes 3 of which are elevator shoes that give me the feeling of high heels when going out.

6 pr. female   all black

6 pr. male       black, grey hike boots

1 pr.       Sorel Sno-Paks

I like to wear my sno-paks with nice dress and with my fiddle, attend barn dances………look out Mammy Yokum!!

Dame Veronica

Becka
      Lady

Hi Claudia,

Have and love to wear my black flats, getting some in brown, also looking for butter yellow ane leopard print as well!

Love them!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Claudia, thanks for your poll.  I have twice as many female than male footwear.  As my wife knows I am a CD (she puts up with it moreso than is supportive), I wear my indoor female shoes around the house most of the time.  Being retired I get to be around the house a lot.  I have a few pairs of androgynous flats – only way to tell is by looking at the sizing. I take anywhere from a size 10, 10.5 or 11 ladies shoe depending on the style.  With size 10, I have a lot to choose from. Over the years I’ve learned to always, always, always try on the shoes before I buy.  I no longer waste time & money by buying online and I never had any problem buying them in person.  I had a female friend help me with my first two purchases.  After that I was on my own and it has been fun!!!!   Hugs, Krista.

Only 5 pair of male shoes and roughly 30 pairs of female shoes and boots!  I can’t stop buying them!  Lol.  I work full time and keep my dressing to only around the house for now

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Since I came out to my wife late last year (went well–yay!) my femme shoe collection has grown dramatically.  I must admit that a big reason has been the demise of Payless Shoes.  Over the last 2-3 months, my wife and I have picked up some great bargains, including several nice pumps for between $8 – $15 ea.  We figured we would not find this many good, inexpensive options for my 11W – 12 feet maybe ever again, so we splurged.  I now have a couple full 12-pair under-the-bed shoe organizers. 😊

Lea
      Lady

I have 10 pairs of guys shoes, and 50 pairs of women’s shoes. I wear a mix of both out.

I have 4 pairs of high heels and a pair of ankle boots.   Although I have been out publicly twice, my closeted status prevents me from being out like I wish I could.  So I answered own both but only wear male in public.

I have 7 pairs of mens shoes/boots and sadly, only 3 pairs of womens. As has been mentioned, the demise of Payless reduces the choices for us dramatically. I take a 13 wide in ladies and prefer to shop in-store.

Forever on the lookout now.

Emily
      Lady

My closet is about 50/50 men’s and ladies shoes. I have been wearing women’s sneakers exclusively for years now. I’m fortunate to have smallish, narrow feet (9.5 or 10 usually). Because of my narrow feet, women’s styles seem to fit better and are more comfortable. Bonus, right?

It is absolutely ridiculous how many women’s shoes I have owned and continue to keep in my collection.  Shoes are the one apparel item that I have never purchased used.  Clothing that can be laundered I often purchase from thrift or consignment shops.  I just never have felt comfortable with used shoes.  I’ve probably purchase more than 100 pairs over the years and likely have at least 50 pairs in various closets or storage bins.  I usually run with about 15 pairs in a current cycle and switch out what seems appealing or matches an outfit I’ve begun to wear more frequently.  The shoes that I can wear androgynously get more action.  Some of the very feminine pumps and sandals are like new after years because they’ve only been worn around the house.

In the late 50s and early 60s, when I was first drawn to feminine footwear, high heeled pumps were the standard for feminine excellence when dressing up.  While my mother wore high heels only seldom, I had some aunts and older cousins who wore them frequently.  I really liked the true leather pumps with little or no adornment and the highest stiletto heels.  Initially, I shied away from the strappy variety of women’s shoes until I got kind of fascinated by those with only three straps, one across the instep, one across the toes, and one behind the tendon.  I still have several of these that have not gone out of style.  I’ve added some new ones with a sort of collar around the ankle and one with a zipper behind the heel.  While I seldom polish my toenails, I’m fastidious about keeping them clean and trimmed.  Polished or not, they look great in the strappy heels.  Sometimes wish I had the courage to do the French pedi routinely!

We often talk about what style we might adopt if our society truly accepted our feminine propensities.  At this point, for me, if there was acceptance, I think I would wear skinny jeans or tights with a tunic or sleeveless top depending on the weather.  On my feet, I’d wear either some sort of stiletto or heeled bootie, again depending on the weather.  I’ve noticed the women who’ve kind of found a home in this style and I’m convinced it fits my personality.  Outside of these, I’d like to occasionally wear dresses with a full skirt just above the knee, pantyhose and pumps or high heeled boots.

Currently I have 4 pairs of mens, mainly for work and social gatherings. They are all ‘shoes’, my everyday trainers/sneakers are female, as are my warm weather sandals. I recently moved and had a purge, throwing away about 10 pairs of heels/gladiators/flats, so I’m left with 8 pairs of heels, 3 flats and 2 boots. Oh, and my slippers are fluffy pink, to go with the dressing gown.

Anonymous

I’m guilty too, of too many shoes, boots and “all others” …however, I’ve only one set of sneakers (steel toed) …!weird!, one pair of man’s pants and that’s it aside from a man’s belt, but I never ever freakin’ wear them!  I’ve been dressing femme and rocking heels so long I’d fall flat on my face in men’s shoes!  (HONEST INJUN)!  Ohhhh!  Speaking of which, there are Cherokee women here (Nantahala National Forest), and I’d love to have the hair THEY have.  It’s black and OMG gorgeous!  Nothing like it anywhere (one of a kind hair).  Can’t BUY it either, except synthetic and it’s not even close…
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve no desire to go count, but there’s a bevy of every colour pump, platforms w/heels, Stilettos galore,  Goth Boots, booties, WILD footwear –>  and a few sandals and wedges (no flats).  These shoes and boots and such are all used when modelling for shoots or whatever.  (I believe I’d have them anyway, even if I’d never modeled).  In other words, I’m dressed femme 24/7/365 and could care less who likes or dislikes it.  I love it and that’s all that matters.  For those people who feel they must DOMINATE and be the most aggressive about my looks (which is rare indeed), I carry a Glock .40 caliber.  Lifting my dress to reveal a garter belt with HEAT makes all the A’hole men turn and scurry away like they say WOMEN do!  roflmao   🙂  Besides, since you appear to be a woman you are NOT at all safe at any time.  Remember the best defense is to jam your finger into one of their eyes.  🙂  That will put an immediate stop to everything and you can leave unfettered with no feathers ruffled in the least.  Err….sorry.  Got carried away again… (sheepish look).</p>

Aimee….no question that we are all vulnerable when out en femme…depending on venue and time of day, more vulnerable at certain times/places compared to others.

I appreciated your point about thumb to the eye of an attacker.  I actually demonstrated this to my daughter…I said to her “when the chips are down and your life is on the line, can you push your finger or thumb into his eye and push for all your worth.”  The thought of doing this was too extreme for her to contemplate and she was unsure she could.  I told her that then she could to at the very least expect to be raped.  Yes, it’s gruesome to think about, but better to mentally prepare oneself in advance.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

250-300 pairs of shoes-all female(some less obviously so for work-penny loafers- and for hanging out in stealth mode-multicolor pink and black sneakers). The only true male shoes I still wear are old tennis shoes for cutting the grass! Hey that reminds me I need to go do that lol.
      Cyn

Anonymous

Cyn Imelda Marcos comes to mind. The shoe cupboard must be the biggest room in the house. Enjoy wearing them. x.

Anonymous

Cynthia, thank you! (Je vous remercie)!  I’ve now clearance to ‘run amuck!” in the shoes, boots, wedges, sandals, fireman-boots, lake-waders (women’s only of course), and other lovelies Department (and online)!  Primo!  If you are like myself, we rattle around a small manse using but one bedroom and bed, another for boots, another for Winter wear and lingerie&nylons, leggings, meggings, thigh-highs, garters, gaffs ….yada yada, another for all else (shoes and attire).  Both constantly change and I’ve an agreement to stay reasonably current, or ‘cutting edge’.  It’s not the volume of shoes, it’s the problem of “what do I take with me for this shoot?”  Okay then …let’s fill that Learjet45.  🙂  

[quote quote=180472]Cyn Imelda Marcos comes to mind.
      [/quote]

Oh my gosh , Yes.

I own more female shoes then male.

Anastasia
      Lady

Hm. Let’s see.

One pair of ridiculously high pink pvc boots. I ordered red, though.
      Pros: Good god, they feel amazing!
      Cons: They make me walk like a velociraptor. If I try to walk with absolutely straight legs I can move at roughly 100 meters an hour.

One pair of weirdly comfortable 6″ heel thigh boots. If women are to be believed, 6″ heels are absolute murder.
      Pros: Feel both sexy and heavenly!
      Cons: Can’t wear them for over about 6-8 hours.

One pair of suede otk boots with block heels.
      Pros: Heavenly!
      Cons: none

Kpop style complicated pumps that have like two meters of strap requiring to be applied in a very specific manner.
      Pros: Feel amazing!
      Cons: Takes about 20 minute to put one shoe on.

I actually had to think about this one. Right! i own more female shoes than male, currently 2 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of dress shoes and my infamous Barbie slippers, my male shoes consist of my workboots a pair of trainers and finally a pair of dress shoes.

Although i own more Femme shoes than male, i wear my Male shoes far more than my Femme ones, it is work related, in my line of work we have to wear steel capped boots, plus i dont go to work Femme, although if i could, i would!! interestingly enough, this topic also applies to my Femme wardrobe too, having far more Femme clothes than boring drab ones, although the same answer applies, my Male clothes get worn more than my Femme ones, funny eh?? 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Fiona, sounds like your ‘balancing act’ is in primo order?  Yeah!  (How about steel-toes Nikes)?  They do make them!  lol…. j/k

Anonymous

The question made me think.  I never owned (or wanted) more than 2 pair of shoes, plus one pair of Wellingtons or motorcycle boots for guys.  But since the femme side resurfaced, I love to shop for shoes.  So far: 2 pr tennis shoes, 2 scrunch flats,  2 regular flats, 2 heels,  1 Chelsea boots, 1 open-toe wedgie and 1 closed-toe wedgie.  Shopping for a pair of loafers, no luck so far.  At home, I wear the scrunch flats full time.

Anonymous

Like many of you girls

i have 4 or 5 “his style” with no dress shoes in sight.

but, I’ve almost lost count as to how many pretties I have now.

i love to shop for them.

but wifey surprises me a lot with them too.

she had a pair of wine red – faux gator skin – with gold colored heels (no chunky heels) and platform.

Omg, I should post a pic, they are…..

to…..die….for!

E

I have 8 pairs of men’s shoes and 170 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of flats and 3 pairs of sandals.  I may have a problem.  NOT!

Khloe

Anonymous

Your problem is where to put them all, but it’s a nice problem to have.

Hi claudia,

A little late to this poll and topic.

As others here I have many pairs of female shoes probably 20 pair.

For my male shoes maybe 5.

I love women’s shoes so much.

Just got a pair off postmark today. oops 21

Patty

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love my pumps and platforms. I wear them all the time except when I can’t or shouldn’t. They are one of my vital essentials for being Patty.

I own only 2 pair of men’s shoes, 1 pair of runners and 1 pair of dress.  The rest are feminine.  2 pairs of flats (1 dark blue, 1 grey), black wedges, 2 pairs of 4″ heels and a pair of 6″ platforms.  And, like any gurl, I want more.

I no longer own any men’s shoes.  When I needed steel toed shoes, I found a pair of size 12 women’s in a black oxford style.  No one at work noticed the difference.

I only wear female shoes when I dress up not when in male but I own both and have way more female shoes than male shoes LOL

I have 5 pairs of male shoes: 2 pairs of tennis shoes, 1 pair of steel toed shoes for work, 1 pair of dark dress shoes, and 1 pair of slippers. My 1 black pair of tennis shoes, my work shoes, and my slippers are what I wear daily.

I have 3 pairs of women’s shoes: 1 pair of black patented 2.5 inch heeled pumps, 1 pair of white open toed elastic ankle strap with a 3 inch full wedge, and 1 pair of red patented 3.75 inch heeled pumps. I wear my ladies shoes at home and at my CD/TG support group meetings.

Anonymous

Clickbait!

I read the word “Shoes” and was like, I’m going to dive in there.

I own 4, maybe 5 pairs of male shoes, but 50+ pairs in total… downsize time – but which ones go???

Oh the dilemmas!!!

I currently have 5 pairs.  A nude pair with a 3 inch heel, a white pair with a 3 inch heel,  a pink strap on with 4 inch heel, a floral wedge sandal with a 3 inch heel.   But my favorite theses days is a brown leather ankle boots with a  3 inch heel.  Still closeted, I get to wear these in my everyday male mode.  I wear my stockings underneath my jeans and just love getting out and about wearing them.  Even swaying when I walk in them.
      Lisa

Hi All,

When I dress, I’ll wear women’s shoes.  Even in drab mode I’ll wear women’s shoes.  With winter on it’s it’s time to think about snow boots so I ordered ladies boots from Lane Bryant.  Will pick them up later in the week and try them on.  Hope they fit.

Alice

I own both male and female shoes.

Although I own more female shoes, I only wear them when I get dressed as a girl.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have likes 5 or 6 pairs of men’s shoes. I have around 50 pairs or women’s shoes. I wear the women’s shoes except when they are not practical or suitable.

I love my platform wedges and sexy pumps but unfortunately they are not always practical or suitable.

80% to 90% of the time I present as DeeAnn. The rest of the time I present as Don for various reasons. However, DeeAnn’s shoes probably outnumber Don’s by 4 to 1 or 5 to 1…

Ellie Hope
      Baroness

I own 5 pairs male, only two female. High time for this girl to go shopping!

Hugs and Love

Ellie

Anonymous

I OWN a dozen pairs of women’s and only three pair of men’s; but because of size problems (width) I can only wear 3 of them in comfort. I do wear my flats 50% of the time, and men’s velcro walkers the other 50%.

I have loads of shoes (and boots). Not really sure how many. Probably about 8 pairs of femme boots with typically 2 1/2 heels. Dozens of femme shoes in various styles and heel heights – between ‘sensible’ 2 1/2 or 3 inch mary-janes. Qite a few with heels over 4 inch. I also have quite a few mens shoes inc hiking boots, mens dress shoes and trainers/sneakers.

I would say I wear my mens shoes. 52 hours per week, femme shoes/boots about 20 hours per week and the rest of the time neither.

I’ve recently discovered some sock type footwear which are fleece lined and have silicone blobs on the bottom which replace slippers and I’m rapidly falling in love with them. They are not only practical (wash in the washer, dry in the drier on cool – because of the silicon and ready to wear again), cheap but also really comfortable and I find myself wearing these several hours per night.

O.K. Thats me.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Kay Seale
      Lady

It depends

Anonymous

I have shoes, I don’t split them into men’s and women’s. I wear heals more than anything else and I never wear flats.I will wear a male business suit with patent court shoes or ankle boots. Sorry but I don’t know how to answer on the survey.

Most of my shoes are female shoes.  But most of the time you can’t tell as they are generic enough looking.

I do have a pair of chunky heels I wear with my suit.  I hate when the pant leg brushes the floor because it ruins the hem.  Also my foot tends to catch the blind hem and pull it down.  So by wearing the heels I keep the hem off of the floor and away from my heel.

I have a pair of men’s pure black Chuck Taylor canvas sneakers that I could also wear as a woman.  But I have an identical pair in pink and white which I’m unlikely to wear as a male.

DeLora
      Lady

I have just doubled my inventory of female shoe
      Last summer I bought a pair of heeled sandals and black heeled booties.
      Yesterday I was looking for some knee high boots in a thrift store, I found a pair and I found some black, very high heeled sandals, so obviously picked them up too!

I definitely own way, way more women’s shoes than I do male.  At work the only requirement is that our shoes be black and no heels.  I go more for comfort there than anything and currently wear black New Balance, which are so far the most comfortable I have found in a long while.  Outside of work, I am almost exclusively in women’s shoes, to include slippers and fuzzy house shoes.  I do have one really old pair of beater Starter tennis shoes for when I am doing my yardwork and general handy girl things to keep the house up.

PaulaF

Anonymous

I own more women’s shoes. I have 7 pairs of high heels, plus my has a few pair of ankle boots and a pair of Uggs I can wear.  Of course seeing how I have to work for a living and I am only out to my wife, I wear may tennis shoes and work shoes more

I love wearing short boots but have high heels but find them more uncomfortable compared to the boots even with 4″ heels. Current ratio 2 to 1 male to female I also dance in high heels for my dance work being a dance teacher.

Love and Kisses! Jessica Scarlett.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I owe way more female shoes than male, even the shoes I wear as male are really female ones.

/kt

As my wardrobe consists of only womens clothing, so are my shoes. Flats, athletics, sandals, heels and boots are all female. The only time you will find mens shoes in our home is if we have a male visitor.

I have currently, 3 pair of mens shoes, and 12 womens, I must wear steel toes at work, and my fem runners are pink, so I dont wear them on the way to work, but once I leave there, it’s fem all the way
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Hi Claudia…

I still have male shoes but the one pair I can wear are a pair of Bally lace ups. They look fab with jeans and wide legged female pants. Now you say you wear steel caps to work… there are many female tradies in NZ these days and are all obliged to wear steel caps on site. Even the women who trundle down from the architects or the engineers are obliged to wear the same. So it is without doubt that steel caps have become part of a woman’s wardrobe.
      Sports shoes, Converse sneakers, jandals and other like footwear are all unisex. So, as girls, we can have a large collection of footwear if we include all of the above. My collection of footwear especially for my femininity still thrills me! Slipping on my Sixties low heels or going with stilettos brrrrrrr… I have eight pairs of 3” and above heels, four pairs of lower heels, two pairs of flats and a pair of gold strappy sandals.
      So, if I work at home but on IT, accounting or some such work I wear heels… if, on the other hand, I’m doing some gardening or carpentry, I’ll be wearing the appropriate footwear.

Polly 💋💋💋👠🥿🩴👟🥾👞👡👢

Anonymous

I love mine, too, Bobbi. I have even worn them in drab, sometimes.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?