- January 19, 2021 at 4:40 am #435286Holly TygressaParticipantRegistered On: January 16, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 106Has thanked: 120 timesBeen thanked: 329 times
I have a hard time finding shoes. I have very wide feet. I generally have to go two sizes bigger even in wide shoes to get them to fit. However in heels this does not work. Anyone know where you can find shoes that actually fit and look good?
- January 19, 2021 at 9:26 pm #435696Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 490Has thanked: 394 timesBeen thanked: 2210 times
- January 19, 2021 at 8:24 pm #435679Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 1834Has thanked: 3389 timesBeen thanked: 6286 times
We bigfoot girls do have a problem; I’m a 13 W myself. Sometimes, even those are a tight fit at the ball of the foot, but the REAL problem is that any shoe which fits the wide part of my foot has a heel which is too wide, causing it to slip. Strappys and MJs are no problem, but of all the pumps I have bought, I have only one which is comfortable and will stay on.
Payless now has a clone called Shoe Show, which is in malls here in the states, and it has an online presence. You can probably find something.
I also bought a set of shoe stretchers, to help with pairs in which the Right foot feels OK, but the Left is a squeeze.
- January 19, 2021 at 3:50 pm #435616Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2707Has thanked: 1893 timesBeen thanked: 5451 times
Peggy Sue is right about Torrid. Their shoes run wide and to a size 12. Sign up for their emails to hear of their sales. Best to visit a store and try them on.
Payless Is back but only on line. Check out Payless.com
- January 19, 2021 at 9:16 am #435427Peggy Sue WilliamsBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 261Has thanked: 936 timesBeen thanked: 1128 times
Your profile shows Toronto, Canada. I highly recommend Torrid stores for both clothing and shoes, and it appears they have multiple stores in Toronto.
Their shoes are true wide-width for us big girls. Their stores have a limited selection of shoes, but you should go to one of their stores to determine your size, then go to their on line store and order from their huge selection of shoes offered on line. Their sizes in the stores run exactly the same as what is offered on line, and you can return anything you order on line to any one of their stores. IMHO, prices are very reasonable.
I love their clothing too. It fits well and looks well, particularly for us big girls.
Torrid also offers a “Torrid Loyalty Program,” which adds up quickly. I combine points earned there with sales and save big.
Torrid is CD/Trans friendly! Sales associates are helpful but not pushy.
As another suggestion, sometimes you can hit it lucky at thrift stores, but I find that is a rare happening, and one must cruise many thrift stores often to make a lucky find.
- January 19, 2021 at 9:07 am #435415Donatella illjesLadyRegistered On: June 29, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 3 times
I have a similar problem one foot is bigger than the other generally one of the best places to buy shoes is Friedman’s shoes in Atlanta also listed under large feet.com depending on the size some are limited but he does carry wide and with the moderate heel they should be very comfortable he also carries a wide and 4 inch heel
Also AliExpress sells shoes and large sizes from China I’ve had good luck with them but you have to program in when you request what size shoe you’re looking for
Get on Friedman’s mailing list she has weekly specials where they usually 30 to 40% off they have fast service and they’re very knowledgeable and they’re very very polite over the phone when ordering I just called them directly it’s the best way to do it
Long tall Sally is another site you might try
I’ve also had some good results on Amazon time to time but it’s sporadic it’s not consistent
- January 19, 2021 at 8:26 am #435390Leslies Ann Gray GirlLadyRegistered On: September 22, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 131Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 504 times
Holly , go to Jessica London , they have a lot of styles and usually some really reduced . All sizes and extra wide , they are my go to for shoes . Leslie
- January 19, 2021 at 7:43 am #435367Candace BaciLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2020Topics: 42Replies: 86Has thanked: 327 timesBeen thanked: 701 times
I have a wide foot also and up until a year or so ago my go to store for wide fit shoes was Payless. I know they closed stores but I believe they still have an online presence
- January 19, 2021 at 5:05 am #435295AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 227Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 920 times
En Femme and The BreastForm Store have shoes.
Both sites advertise on CDH.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.