Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi,

Most of my favourite large size (uk10) shoe shops seem to have closed over the last 5 years. I recently bought some from Amazon from China but am not very happy with the fit (too narrow).

I’m just looking for regular court shoes with 1 to 3 inch heels and also a pair of suede knee boots with 3 inch heels.

All I can find now is some v expensive suppliers and the eBay/Amazon Chinese manufacturers.

Does anyone have advice for regular shoes at affordable prices from UK?

Thanks so much!

Megan

Seren
      Baroness

Maybe not what you want, buuut….

I’m still finding my way here, so all my early shoe purchases have been secondhand. Personally I’d rather have something decent quality, leather pref, that’s hardly worn than something cheap, and probably poorly fitting. I’ve got some lovely black ankle boots, some Timberland calf length brown leather/nubuk boots (I reckon new 200£ for 40£) and just now some Think Mary Janes, all leather, €30. Obvs u have to take a chance on sizing, my fave s/h shop does free delivery and returns tho…!

hope you’re having a nice relaxing Sunday

stay safe

Seren xx

J D Williams, Dorothy Perkins and New Look all do larger sizes – and Jones the bookmaker too.

I was drooling over a lovely pair of boots in Jones’, and, when I asked the assistant if they had any sizes larger than 8, she said that I could order them, and the shop would hold on to them until I was ready to try them – even if that was weeks away – and I’d only pay if they fitted and were exactly what I wanted.

The branch of New Look I went into said the same thing – so it’s worth hunting and asking!

Most of my shoes are from these stores.

Love Laura

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Megan

Hope you are well.

Strangely enough, the best fitting shoes I have found have been in Primark.

Although their heels are way beyond anything I can walk in, I have a pair of smart loafers, flats and boots and they are brilliant!

Hope this helps.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Siobhan
      Lady

I have a few pairs of “Dream Pairs” ballet pumps from Amazon, size 9, I am normally an 8.5.

In fact just ordered another couple of pairs in different colours.

I think Dorothy Perkins and New look do wider fit.  Debenhams have a huge rage and larger sizes.

However I am buying cheaper shoes at the moment as I “find my style”.

I have quite a wide fit, normally have to wear Meindl men’s shoes as they are a wider German fit, or go up half a size for ecco.

Try …. Long Tall & Sally …website…

may see something there in your price range 🙂

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Megan

As mentioned above – long tall sally website would be a good place to start,

but ‘Onlymaker’  may be the best place to look – its not in the UK  but makes shoes up to size 15 !!

Maybe worth buying a few as the prices seem reasonable -??

‘ onlymaker.com ‘ … its an American site and looks great, but not seen any of their products in the flesh so to speak ..

Hope that helps

Dawn

x

Siobhan
      Lady

[postquote quote=385509]
      Onlymaker are also available on amazon.co.uk 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?