Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cece X
      Lady

Greetings, ladies. About a year ago, i found that I was accumulating so much femme wear that I brought a new tall dresser into my bedroom to dedicate exclusively to this wardrobe. I tell myself I already have more clothing than I will ever wear, but I continue browsing the net and ordering new items from time to time. I seldom wear most of what I have in those drawers. I wonder if the subconscious drive for the shopping responds to an inner need for self-affirmation rather than the need for more choices in my dresser drawers. I have so many items that I have worn only once!
      What is your experience with shopping vs. the use of what you bring home?

You may be indulging in the costly practice of retail therapy. Are you deriving more joy from the clothes, or from the purchase?

What I found that’s helped reign me in, is that I put a physical limit on what how much I am allowed to own for clothes. Space is already tight at my place without having a to account for a second clothing portfolio.

I have a make-up suitcase and a 50L rubbermaid storage bin. In the storage bin I fit several shirts, pants, dresses, a few jackets, a pair of shoes, and three pairs of silicon forms. I’ve maxed out the bin by vacuum sealing my clothes in resealable freezer bags.

I let myself buy whatever I want, but I must part with enough clothes to make space in the bin for the new items. It was easy at first to swap out clothes, but now that my wardrobe is more fine tuned, it’s hard to find an article that I’m willing to part with.

Overall, both me and my wallet are happier.

Anonymous
      Lady

I do love shopping and I do have enough clothes but do love getting something new. For me it’s not just one denim skirt for example. I want one in black, white, red and raw hem, ripped, short and very short. So if you look at just my denim skirts I have probably 12. I do have lots of dresses too. But they are seasonal. I have more summer dresses than winter. Same for tops and shoes. I have quite a number of panties and it’s not just because I love panties. I don’t wash my panties with my other clothes. I wash them when I have 15 or 20 to wash. I use the delicate cycle and hang to dry. I do that to conserve on power, water and keep them in good shape. So when I look at my closet I don’t see my shopping as self-affirmation but shopping for seasons, weather, time of day, occasion and fashion changes.

Anonymous
      Lady

I feel the same way. As I am going out more, I am finding I am wearing more of the clothes I have but continue to buy clothes more as a want than a need.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

A lot of women have more clothes than they need and some that are unworn. We are no different. I am often asked why I buy so much. The answer is simple, I have a lot of years that I was unable to buy so am making up for lost time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?