Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Lea
      Lady

For a change, it only took my 10 minutes to pick an outfit, dress, purse, heels, and go. I haven’t worn a dress out in a while and it felt so good to, it felt so natural. And I didn’t feel ashamed, I just felt like me in women’s clothes. I need to get to the point where this is a normal day in my life. Soon, I hope.

I applaud your bravery.  I for one am scared to death to let anyone outside “the community” see me dressed, and I live in a pretty liberal area.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>Being afraid to let people outside the community see you is perfectly normal and understandable. I moved to an apartment building in Baltimore back in 04 and despite being as out as you can get I was still very scared of my neighbors seeing me.

I lived in a building where I had to go down to the front door to let people into the building so if I was meeting someone dressed I had to venture out to let them in. I was always nervous and would have to always take a few deep breaths before stepping out.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Lea
        Lady

I’m scared of anyone seeing me, so I venture to a neighboring city during the weekday when everyone I know is busy at their work or their routine.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>That is also so relatable. I tried to keep things hidden from my neighbors in rural PA. I would drive 230 miles from home to NYC to have a life as Barbie or 85 miles to Baltimore. I was lucky enough to have some trips out dressed in San Francisco back in 01 and it was a wonderful place to be. I would say I felt the most comfortable in San Francisco over any other city I have been out in.

In Baltimore I stayed within the gay community when out and never had a problem. Going out in NYC for a CD was generally safe during the day. I would not have recommend for most girls to go out sampling the night life. It could get very dangerous out there at night in NYC back in the late 90’s.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Lea
            Lady

I drive about 20 miles, but sometimes I end up driving for 1 hour to spend 1 hour shopping. It can get tiring. A few times, I just risked it and went out in my immediate neighborhood…. but that was risky.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>The longest drive I ever made dressed was about 160 miles from Gettysburg PA to Scranton PA. PA is a huge state. The Gettysburg area is very conservative and I was always very nervous when I would be out.

I also lived in an apartment building in Baltimore and to let people in I had to go down to the front door to do it. That meant walking through my building dressed. It always made me nervous.

The best place I lived for going out was New York. It was risky at times but it was so much fun.

I’ve thought about it.  But renting from folks that might or might not understand if they saw me coming or going complicates things.  I’ve even thought about renting hotel rooms for the purpose but I’m not made of money… or time, for that matter.

Along those lines, I did set aside some Val time on my last trip to Michigan.  Didn’t ever actually go out dressed but with the help of a supportive friend I did shop for some clothes and makeup and the entire universe didn’t explode, so there’s that. :}

Lea
            Lady

I am still a bit nervous about the neighbors. Sometimes I put baggy pants and a hoodie over a dress, then I find somewhere to safely remove that layer in public.

Anonymous
      Lady

I love going out in a dress! I don’t wear one if going to Walmart since no females wear them shopping there but I will wear a denim skirt at Walmart. But gong to other stores I will put on a nice dress, feeling the hem sway against my legs is just wonderful! A dress does make it a little more difficult to try on clothes but not to big of a deal.

So true about walmart Sandy. One has to dress according to her surroundings . It would be like in male mode going into a red neck bar in a three piece suit. So I shop in funky tops and skirts for easy clothes changing . We all just love the feeling of the skirt against our legs and the liberating feeling it brings

Going out in a dress is so fun and liberating! Hope you have many more outings in a dress!

Xoxo,

Dani

Anonymous

I’ve been toKohls, a shoe store, Sally Beauty supply, and the local mall in dresses or skirt outfits.  Never really had any problems and the sales lady at Sally even complimented me on my dress.  I’ve decided that if anyone ever confronts me in public I’ll  just say I’m a transgender woman and what is the problem

Kerri

ll

I work for one of the gig companies where you grocery shop and deliver to people, I shop at multipal stores a day. I’m usually dressed in fem, I do not pass and no make up. I will wear a dress once a week, a skirt/skort more often then pants or shorts. I got the courage to do this after about 3 years in therapy and have not stopped. I have notied the store employees have become a lot more friendler twards me and the general public does not even care. I will tell you that working in heels and delivering cases of water is a great workout. I alway dress appropriate for my age and is more professional that casual.

i LOVE to go clothes shopping in a dress… it’s very exciting and liberating.  i love that it has become much more accepted in society.

Lea
      Lady

Unless you happened to run into me shopping!! We’d probably be so shocked, we might get scare and avoid each other.

Seriously, can we not just cut the red tape and declare dresses men’s clothing?  Since it seems like we’re the only ones wearing them most of the time.

Lea
      Lady

Absolutely! A “Dresses are for men” movement!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?