Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

As my wife is cool and a hundred per cent supportive of my dressing we go on girly shopping expeditions.It’s good fun but there are drawbacks.Sadly, I have to do it in guy mode and the other thing is we have to look out for people we know.We had a most frustrating experience  in the womenswear department of Tesco supermarket in the UK.We both wanted to buy a couple of multipacks of black and navy tights.We had hardly had any room to move because two other lady customers were hovering around.It’s always the way.As a result our browsing felt a little hurried.The wife didn’t pick up enough pairs and I had to tactfully shout out ” Did you want anymore?”.I think she wanted to call out the same thing to me but was mindful of the still hovering ladies.Whenever we go shopping it always has comedy potentiall.On fruitful trips if we are in the ladieswear shops looking for skirts and tops my wife makes a gesture if she knows that there is an item that has taken my fancy.I am sure that the people who go through the CC footage must have a laugh at this sort of thing.I often wonder if the S.A might suspect that half the items we take to the checkout are for me as my wife and I are different skirt sizes.I am so upfront about my crossdressing these days I am beginning to adopt a let them think they are for me philosophy.With the way the world is at the moment life is too precious and short to worry about such things.

Anonymous

Roberta, just go  shopping in the department store in your man mode, nobody bat’s an eyelid that your buying female clothes  at all nowadays. 

Becka
      Lady

As  my wife does not accept my dressing I have to shop solo.  At first I was timid and weary, but Amanda says, no one bats an eye!  I bought tights yesterday at a Walgreens and it was like buying candy.

This last month or so, I’ve been shopping many times with my SO and youngest daughter, they’ve been awesome and have helped smooth over a couple of awkward moments. As I’m only somewhat femininely dressed in public ATM it’s probably not as obvious to those around me that could take issue with Rei.

Anonymous

Amanda…your right……  everyone lost in their own world and if embarrased at till and unsure just joke by saying no doubt i will be back as my wife will say you daft twit wrong size take it back….   but nearly all the time no sniggers or strange looks when paying.

Vanessa ?
      Lady

Shopping is definitely a lot less awkward with a female friend, especially if we wear similar sizes so there’s no reason for the checkout people to ever doubt that they are “for her.”

My roommate (ex-girlfriend) and I have picked up a few of my outfits from Goodwill this way and it’s so much easier on my anxiety… I’ve tried shopping for stuff there on my own, but on my solo trips it always seems so much more crowded and I feel awkward even looking through the girly clothes with so many random people milling around.

Someplace like Wal-Mart is easier to do on my own, in comparison.  Especially since I always bring reusable bags, so if I grab some feminine item off a rack I can tuck it down into the bag right away when nobody’s around to see.  And self-checkout of course means nobody will need to see what I’m buying at all.  I grabbed a pair of fishnet thigh-high stockings from the Halloween section last week and it turns out that I love them.  Might get a nicer pair at some point in the future, since I can already tell these probably aren’t going to have a terribly long lifespan, but I’m glad I finally had a chance to try some on.

Abbey
      Lady

Bought my own makeup the other week and there were 2 other guys buying makeup. I also wear my wedding ring and carry a shopping list so it just looks like the clueless husband on a wild goose chase for his wife.

Abbey.

Anonymous

Hi Roberta

I love the sale rails in Tesco’s…you sometimes get dresses or blouses for £1.00!!….( back off Amanda)..

Those two women hovering while you were trying to buy tights…good chance one of the was me…haha….and you are right, life is too short

smiles, grace 💋

Anonymous

[postquote quote=396958]
      I will look out for the sale rail next time I am in Tesco.Grace,thank you for the tip.It’s the best place to shop in our town now.Sadly,our local branch of Bon Marche is on the verge of closing.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=396958]
      Grace!!!!!! Would I do that to you? 🤔 well if the items are pink Roberta wouldn’t stand a chance, but I’m sure you and me could be civilised and share, after all a friendship is worth more that a dress. We could have a try on session together and each tell a little porky,  that the dresses we really like doesn’t look good the other. There what are friends for,civilised clothes sale shopping.

Bee Dee
      Lady

Lovely story, I wish I could do that, there is no way my wife would go with me, which is a shame because I think it would be a laugh. Nerve racking time for me otherwise. Very self conscious when I buy things but I’ve yet to have a bad experience.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Bee Dee.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?