Viewing 53 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Although fairly new to CD I have amassed quite a wardrobe, almost exclusively from in-store purchases. I found it to be like the stories of theives walking out of sears with a t.v., if you appear be doing nothing out the ordinary people accept it or hardly notice. All this in my small community where i have to otherwise be very careful. I have shopped in both superstores and clothing boutiques, always presenting as male….so far lol, mostly alone but sometimes with my SO. The more confident I appear the easier it goes. I don’t rush through it, just browse, remove items from racks to look or check size and have even tried things on and asked for assistance finding items. All with my head up! Most of the salespeople, even the younger ones are quite professional and some recognize me as a regular and I am sure suspect the things are for me. There have been a few sideways looks from other patrons but if i pay them no mind they move on.

Anonymous
      Lady

Olivia you are SOOO right!  Just be natural and nobody cares. I regularly shop, club, dine and live as a woman when on the road and have never had a bad time. I am treated just like any other woman out doing my thing. Enjoy life and don’t worry about what others think and we will all be much happier.

🍷C

I have just recently built up the never to shop in stores. Heels, a few tops, bra and panties. Each time I feel like my heart is going to beat through my chest❤️ Partly from the excitement of the purchase but also the nervousness of being “watched”. The process has given me courage along the way and reinforces what I feel inside and the need to express it outwardly. 😘

Anonymous

Stores are there to sell and make a profit. And on their till never separate sales made to their female customers from the one they make from “men who are buying dresses for themselves” 🙂

if you look all nervous when at a store, they will pay much more attention because they may think that you are shoplifting than anything else.

When I’m shopping as a guy and a sales lady asks me “can I help you?” I normally answer “not right now, thank you, but maybe later”. And then if I find something I like but can’t find it in my size then I have no problem asking for help.

True, very few have “issues” with the community, but at least on large department stores they have training an a sale is a sale so they can’t afford to be biased towards customers.

The only advice… be nice to them. Retail is not a fun job, and they will always react better to a polite customer.

Love

Gaby

Anonymous

Olivia at first i was nervous shopping in drab at a ladies clothing store.

as the years have flown by, i realize nobody really cares and i am always

open with the sales lady’s that the items are for me. i even have enrolled in

loyalty programs from such stores as Pennington’s and Addition Elle

just walk into the store with your head held high and shop to you drop

or at least run out of money.

Becka
      Lady

yup, shop all the time now in hybrid dress mode.  no one seems to care or notice.

I started shopping in stores back in 1981 at age 21.Mostly bought just pantyhose/tights for msny years.I was very nervous im the early years. I was convinced that the Sales Assistants knew that the hosiery was for me and I thought they tegarded me as a pervert.With time I got more and more confident and realised that the assistants do not really care if the items are for me or not.

I am more nervous shopping dressed than shopping as a guy.  Guys shop for their wives.  Dressed I don’t want to get clocked or get weird looks.  The last few times have been great, no 2nd glances at all, even from small kids who always seem to give a little stare.  Trying on shoes dressed is wonderful, I don’t try on clothes because with a wig it is more difficult to change out of what I’m wearing.  Although I have a plan to wear a button down shirt and skirt the next time and try on a dress.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Happy to shop in store in both “modes”, tho of course as Caty is much more fun and at least for me more relaxing. Still a touch nervous in male mode around items like dresses and make up, but lingerie, perfume etc, very easy “for the wife” .

I still giggle about the time I went into a lingerie store, nominated my bra and panty size and the assistant went straight for the “full briefs”. She obviously guessed that I needed “extra support”.

lol Caty, I now find shopping is stores to be alot of fun. My bum is the part that dosen’t need extra. Thongs are my fave!

this topic made me grin 🙂 . for me you can liken it to buying a packet of condoms from the chemist, trying to build up the courage to pick them, take them to the counter, quickly pay, then bolt through the door! omg! actually its not too bad now, I can go in clothes stores (with wife) and at first it does seem, for me anyway, like people are watching me as I look through the various garments. in reality though, nobody really cares, its just my guilty feelings knowing full well the clothes are for me but other people dont know that do they? they could be for my wife of course! I really do look too deeply into things at times and if I could just relax more, maybe just maybe I might enjoy it more shopping for clothes rather than looking at it like i’m going to my doom!

fiona xxx

😎😁😈 I went shopping today, it was great. Yep none of the other gals are worried about what I was doing. Hard to miss my 6′ 5″ self.

I sometimes have a 🍺 to get the liquid courage going.

Anonymous

I’m probably not the majority here but I much prefer shopping en femme. Partly it is because I really like to try on clothes before buying them, otherwise buying girls’ clothes by size alone is such a crap shoot. But more because I really like to spend my time browsing etc and what guy do you know spends inordinate amounts of time browsing for their wife/gf? It always makes me so self-conscious, and whenever I checkout (in the couple of times I shopped as a guy) I always get the “Is that for you or someone else” question for some weird reason lol.

Hey Sassy, the reversal is kinda hilarious. You’re brave enough to shop en femme while I’m nowhere near and yet you are self concious when shopping as male while I spend forever and enjoy every minute. We both end up getting our favorite outfits to make us feel fabulous. Cheers to us girls 💋

Though I have bought items online and generally need to buy bras online, I much prefer to shop in person.  The fun of shopping for me is trying on the items.  That experience just does exist with online shopping.  Besides, I hate having to return purchases, and online returns are the worse.  That being said, I have nothing, but great experiences with both salespersons and my fellow patrons.  If any patron has had an issuse, she has not expressed it in my direction.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

My story is the same as may here. I was nervous at first, but now I just walk around like I know what I’m doing. No one ever seems to pay any attention. The only thing I don’t like id to linger too long, then I start to get a little more self conscious about it, but that is just me. I hsop in guy mode all the time and I would definitely like to shop as Chari but I just don’t get the opportunity to dress for it. I will the first time I get the opportunity though.

Tonight I went to the local thrift store and looked around everywhere. Tried on a skirt… hated it. Then I put on a pair of boots and walked up and down the aisle. My only problem was I didn’t buy them!! I wasn’t sure at first and I needed to go so I just put them back. I so wish now I would have just got them!! I will likely go back tomorrow and pick them up. lol

If anyone wants to chat about these type things or anything please friend me as say Hi. I need more friends here that like to chat.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>It took me a little while to gain the confidence to shop in store. The main reason was because I issues with going to try things on. Eventually, I relized that they didn’t care even when dressed in guy mode.</p>

I’ve never gotten odd looks shopping in male clothes. And at the register if I got an odd look from the cashier (rare) I just ask for a gift receipt lol

I like to shop online and pickup at the store, while I am there I browse a little for the things I don’t get online because of fit, color or size question. Thrift stores are great, but you got a get things when you there, next day there might be gone. In the beginning it was not easy for me to just walk up to a rack and look at bras and such, it got easier over time and you find out what the best time is with the least people in the store and I think it is also a more common sight now, many man get things for the SO now days ( what I also do, one for her, one for me). It’s still a little intimidating when I go into the little stores where you the only customer, get’s me a little bit nervous because of all the questions there have, hard to just browse.

At one time I was uncomfortable shopping in stories, but that was many years ago. I now shop openly and find it to be quite enjoyable. While on A road trip  by myself I saw A sign for A VF outlet ahead, and I thought I might stop and see if I could find something I might like.  they had A sale on  women’s jeans for $6.99 , and I found two pairs of my favorites, A women joined me at the sale rack and was searching through, I asked her what size she wanted she smiled and said she wasn’t sure and asked how do you compare women’s sizes with men’s, I told her that A good rule of thumb women’s size were about half of A man’s She said her husband wore A  44. I told her A 22 women’s may fit him, I also showed her my choice, and she liked them and picked out three pair and looked for more. About that time  one of the ladies that worked there asked if we were finding what we wanted I asked if they had more of the jeans I had, she went and came back with 6 more pair in my size. I thanked her and took all 6 plus the two I first picked out. I checked out and left the store with eight pair of my favorite jeans. As I drove down I57 I was thinking of the women I helped It made me feel good to see A women buying ladies jeans for her husband and also the nice employee that found more jeans in the stockroom. I love to shop the VF outlets as they have panties at A very good price as well as A very friendly staff.

Sarasue

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I was way too self conscious at first, but as time moves on. I am getting more and more comfortable shopping in person, though still in drab and who knows, might work up to trying things on and shopping while dressed.

Hi Michelle, one step at a time right. Things get easier as we get more comfortable with our true selves.

Maria
      Lady

[quote quote=128718]I was way too self conscious at first, but as time moves on. I am getting more and more comfortable shopping in person, though still in drab and who knows, might work up to trying things on and shopping while dressed.

[/quote]

Have you tried anything on in store yet? I highly recomend it. My time to shop is so limited returning is not an option so trying on is the only way.

I used to go to stores as they opened so I an get to the fitting rooms before they were monitored, and I still do, but if someone is there I go in anyway. I have never had a single comment, even when taking floor length gowns in TKMax (my favourite type of dress).

My first time doing this the back button of a dress became unstitched, even before I tried it on. I didnt want to give us a bad name so I showed it to the SA explaining it was already broken, rather than her thinking I broke it. She didnt bat an eye.

Becka
        Lady

Michelle,

This is challenging!  One story I shop at has two locations in the same mall.  One for men, one for women (which incidentally has all the “home” goods a woman would want).
        I’ve shopped at the womens store before, but because it is  “womans” store, the dressing rooms are “women only”.  🙁  Big bummer!

Not sure how to get around this.

At the thrift/vintage stores I try things on all the time!  They are non-gender dressing rooms.  It is fun, sexy and I find myself getting turned on by taking things off, seeing my femme items on in a big mirror, then trying things on.  Great place to take pictures too, if you don’t have a place to do so otherwise!

Hello Olivia, after the first purchase of lingerie items, I became more confident in male mode shopping in department stores. One time I purchased some nighties. At the checkout the female sales assistant commented, “The blue suits you”. That made my day.

Anonymous

I shop on line and in stores. I am a big guy and am stuck shopping at plus size places. What I like about on line is I can take my time compare sizes, prices, mixing and matching. I send my on line purchase to the store if I can. I feel that it gives me credibility – the sales people know that when I pick up the order that I am a serious shopper. I can try them on without hurrying (like I did the first time) and I can get advice about exchanging something if it doesn’t look good.

I have found sales assistants to be helpful. Non of them surprised after the initial shock of a big guy with a beard asking to pick up an order and try it on. One day I had some time to kill and I just stopped by a new “plus sized shop” near me. The look on the sales assistant – a well made up woman in er 60’s- was priceless when i asked her is she thought a very nice baby doll would fit me! The shock wore off after I purchased it (a story for another time)

Over all, I like both on line and in store.

It seems like there’s a wide range of views here. I would be way too self conscious to shop in guy mode. I usually buy on line but last week had my first steps outside en femme, and browsed clothing and make up. I eventually bought a pink purse. My heart was beating out of my chest, but I plan to repeat the experience. I’m not sure what the attitude of staff would be to using changing room in the UK. I think things are a bit more conservative here.

In another life and another time, I would be a CD who is so perfectly “passable” as a woman, I would shop in the men’s department for MALE clothes while in full femme. I bet no one would even bat an eye.

Of course, if I were that convincing of a woman, why would I ever want any male clothes at all??

Anonymous

Camryn,

Actually… been there, did that! I had to buy a dress shirt and I was already at the mall. So had to stop at the men’s department and get my shirt.

What would have been awesome was if the sales person had asked me if I knew “his” size. You know what my answer would have been right?

”Well, he is about my size”…

Gaby 😆💜

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I love shopping-whether online or in person, as is clear if you wander through my private media gallery where you will see pics of my wardrobe!I have not as yet tried stuff on in stores but I have no hesitation in shopping whether in male mode or full Cyn mode. I always browse through the women’s section of Walmart looking for great deals. Online just provides a greater selection than an individual store does especially in size 18 dresses like I need.
      Cyn

Hi Cynthia, I saw your wardrobe pics and other than the shoes, mines getting close. Was out shopping for a while just this eve (underdressed) at one of my fav stores, they’ve been filling my inbox with sale invites, don’t you just love after holiday sales + the extra 10% vip club discount. The sales staff is getting to know me a bit, so spent some time there. A few of the tops I tried really just wouldn’t work well without growing real breasts and more tummy training, still came home with a full bag of bargains though. Girls gotta shop!

skippy1965 Cynthia
          Ambassador

Olivia that’s about 1/2 to 2/3 of it-in the pics with the racks on the wall that’s about 300 dresses, 100 skirts and about 200 tops; shoes total about 250-300 pairs; wigs (which I haven’t worn in about two years) are about 200; earrings over 500 pair; and there is another room full of stuff that I have not gotten around to hanging up and organizing; i’m BAD! Lol
          Cyn

Donni
            Lady

Cyn! Omg! We may need to get some girls together for an intervention!

Amy Myers
            Baroness

Wow Cyn! That’s something.

My wife already complains that I have too many male clothes, she says that she’s never a man with so many clothes, and that was a year ago when we were packing to move, and more importantly, before I started buying women’s clothes. I will be big trouble if I get that much!

Amy

Jen Kelly
      Lady

I go to goodwill store that sells in bulk.  I also frequent any store that has self checkout machines.  Before when i was younger, i would have to buy in boy form.  I recall buying some stockings at a supermarket and they wouldn’t scan.  Female had to get a “price check” it was incredibly embarrassing.  Now I like to buy stiuff dressed.  Just bought a dress at the Mall from an older cashier.  She starts asing me all these questions like my phone number, if i have a CC from store.  Totally blown, but oh well.

Best kep secret

Goodwill outlet store-most big cities have em-where the clothes sold are from reg goodwill stores(stuff that didn’t sell) sold by the pound like if ur buying shop rags-seriously good-plus feel little freaky and dirty like a dirty freak-nasty girl!! while digging through questionable items-wear gloves-once you go and walk away with so much for a few bucks-nothin else makes sense

-JO

I shop online and in the stores. If I know it fits online for best price. Lately I have been ordering online pick-up in store. Then it is free shipping and when I pick up items I try them on in the store and If they don’t fit then I will get or order right size for free shipping to house. Or return if I do not like them. I shop at Kohls , Target, Macy’s, JCPenney . But I have to give a thumbs up for Lane Bryant they treat me very nice help me out even looking for in store coupons for me to get best price. As always I am in male mode when I shop.

I went t dress shopping with my wife today. We went in and out of fitting rooms time and again even walking right past other women no one seemed to care in the least, it was great fun. Got some nice blouses but no dress I’ll keep looking.

I was out doing a bit of shopping, duh…its Saturday, in one of my fav stores where one of the girls Knows both of me lol. I found a few things and headed to the front to pay. She met me there, I handed her the items and my VIP card (in Olivia’ name), she smiled at me and said I’m sorry sir the named cardholder must be present for it to be honored. She was just having a bit of fun with it, so I unzipped my jacket further to expose my well endowed undressings, she laughed and said…Oh, there she is! The woman behind me couldn’t see anything but was a bit bewildered. I smiled, paid (less my discount) and was on my Mary way. Its the personal touch that you just can’t get online. Cheers, and 3 more new blouses for the wardrobe. 💋 Olivia

Donni
        Lady

I love it, Olivia!

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Wow, Olivia, what an experience! Brave girl!

Amy

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’m very new to this, my story is awaiting its’ turn with the editors, all this say I really don’t have much. I really wanted a T shirt kind of top, and I did much the same thing, I just looked casually, and then picked one up, and paid at the checkout, and all seemed to be normal. So I now have one real women’s top, and the fit is decent.

The other thing is, I used to do a lot of sales, not retail, but I always had the opinion is that a customer, is a customer, so even if they suspect that its’ for you, who’s to really care?

Not so easy, of course, I felt like my heart was in my mouth the whole time

Amy

Hi Amy,

But you did it!!

You’ve got that one under your belt(so to speak) and each one after that gets easier. Builds confidence, move forward and be strong. Your wardrobe will get there hun.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Olivia. I hope you’re right. I’d really like to get shoes soon, but I’d have to try them on, and that rather worries me. Tops I can pretend its’ for my wife, or another relative, but actually trying on shoes, no doubt who there’re for!!!
      Amy

Amy

Its not ever easy the first time, but don’t pretend, you’ve tried on and bought shoes before right? Do it just like that! The salesperson doesn’t know you and is just happy to make the sale.

Been there, done that, and own the shoes now.

Carri
      Lady

I dont even know how long it took me to work up the courage to shop for misses clothing let alone start trying stuff on in the store.  But I prefer to try stuff on now vs buying and returning.

i never shopped dressed up, but have went to stores to buy pads, dresses, skirts, bras, panties, nylons. but never dressed up.  i don’t feel afraid of buying female cloths in male mode, the sales person would think its for my wife or gf.   if i could pass and have the courage to dress up and go out shopping for more dresses i would, but know days what store is still around? if i could would i pass as a female and would no one care? would they know i am a cross dresser and some one spotted me that knows me and sees me dressed up? i would love to go out dressed up as a female and shop and have people call me mam, i would be so happy and thrilled to her people call me mam and help me out if i needed help

Anonymous

Been doing this around charity shops for years – UK girl, where the middle class congrates itself on its finds in such: you should see my tweed and corduroy! .  The hardest I’ve found is buying a bra, I fit it into another buy as cover such as a dvd or book.  Heels gets more difficult, sometimes there’s cover to try them on, or you might not have the right thickness of sock, to try.  I’ve had to go back, sometimes, in corduroy drag wearing knee highs and snick a moment: those heels were worth it, gorgeous….

Anonymous

I usually shop in guy mode and have never had a problem, although had some looks.  The SA are always friendly.  I love buying heels and trying them on in the store, walking up and down the aisle, pausing in front of a mirror to see how they look.  What a stimulating experience!

Becka
      Lady

I do all my shopping on the weekend, which means I’m in hybrid mode.  Gurl jeans, shoes, panties and cammie et al.

It’s become very comfortable to do this.   I used to meander around the guys section or somewhere else in the store, and slowly make my way to the womens section.  No more, now I just go straight to the womens clothes or shoe departments and shop.

I’m currently on the look out for red and or butter yellow jeans.  The difficult part is, I can’t go try  them on.  I would have to take them back to the mens section to do this.  Sometimes that’s impossible as there are no mens sections in some of the stores I visit!

🙂

Marianne
        Ambassador

I have been shopping for womens clothes in stores for about 20 years. First as a male and for the last seven years mainly dressed as a woman. When in a new store, I simply take the garments and approaching an assistant quietly declare my intention to try them on. Only once in 20 years I’ve been denied and twice had to go over to the men’s section for trying things on. On the contrary I’ve had many wonderful comments and often have been asked if I need them to find another size, colour etc for me and sometimes have been encouraged to try other things expected to suit me.

Anonymous

I have been shopping dressed femme twice now first time jeans wig small heels got a few looks no comments. 2nd time skirt wig nice top purse etc.I could hear comments as I walked thru mall even had vendor stop me to try some skin care products. All the time walking as comfortable as possible. I am not passable but confident makes the biggest difference out in public.

Anonymous

For me, shopping in a store is almost as much fun as dressing.  I shop in drab and for years I would go in the a department store and “circle” the lingerie/women’s section slowing closing the circle.  If searching for lingerie, I would start by looking at robes, then flannel pj’s then move to panties and sexier nighties…narrowing down to what I was really there for.  If asked I would indicated I was buying for someone else.

I finally was able to get past this a few years ago and just go straight to it!  For those of you who go out dressed, this may seem like a minor thing, but for us shy girls, it is a huge accomplishment. On the few occasions where a sales clerk has asked if I need assistance I either tell her what I am looking for or just  indicated I was OK on my own.   I have always been treated well.

An awkward moment!
      This evening I went out en femme for the third time. First to a movie, after which I really needed the ladies room. No way I was going to make it home, so I followed what I’d read on this site and walked right in.. The woman in front of me held the door and gave me a lovely smile. There was nobody else inside. However, while I was in the cubicle it was like rush hour and sounded like about 20 people came in at once. At that point I confess I lost my nerve and stayed put until it sounded like they’d gone. then to. Then I went to a nearby supermarket to buy some tights aka pantyhose. At the checkout I put in the wrong pin and had to get a staff member to help. It failed again so I had to leave the goods and beat an embarrassed and hasty retreat. I went home and checked the pin and thought best to get back on the horse. Back in the car to a different branch of the store and successfully bought what I needed.
      I’m pretty certain that the sales assistant at the first store was giving me strange looks, but she was up close and I am too old and too tall to pass. Definitely the most exciting night this year.

[quote quote=155959]For me, shopping in a store is almost as much fun as dressing. I shop in drab and for years I would go in the a department store and “circle” the lingerie/women’s section slowing closing the circle. If searching for lingerie, I would start by looking at robes, then flannel pj’s then move to panties and sexier nighties…narrowing down to what I was really there for. If asked I would indicated I was buying for someone else.

I finally was able to get past this a few years ago and just go straight to it! For those of you who go out dressed, this may seem like a minor thing, but for us shy girls, it is a huge accomplishment. On the few occasions where a sales clerk has asked if I need assistance I either tell her what I am looking for or just indicated I was OK on my own. I have always been treated well.

[/quote]
      I thought it was just me that circled for the kill…. Just like you, getting the circles smaller and smaller until I was where I wanted to be.  I keep getting braver but still do those (in my mind at least) stupid stories if asked a question.  “Well, i’m not sure what size she is…………”

I’ve bought an occasional item but it’s almost too much stress for me. I start sweating and get scared – feel like everyone is watching me and they KNOW!! I know most people probably really don’t give a crap but still…

Maybe someday? I don’t know.

Its truly just like that for most of us Danielle, but it does get easier with oractice and once you get there, it can be so much fun to do. Just as you likely see and look at others that are shopping around you, so do they, don’t take it too eriously.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well girls, I did it! I mean I went into not one, but two women’s wear stores and bought an item in each!

Didn’t buy too much, just a silver metallic top in one, then a burgundy scarf in the other. Actually I went in, then chickened out, did some other shopping then went into one in another part of the mall. I was determined that today I would go in and buy something for myself.

The store was not too busy, which meant two things, not many other shoppers to look at me, but also I got personal attention from the sales staff. A pleasant lady perhaps 55-60, at a guess. Of course, I lied and said I was shopping for my wife, and to discuss sizing, I said that our shoulders are about the same size, as our jackets fit each other. The lady showed me a few things, based on what I said I was looking for, then bought something different, a silvery shirt sleeve top. Through chatting, I said that I often buy things for my wife, and she said her husband does the same for her.

Then I went back into the other store, and bought the scarf.

That store had many other female shoppers, but no one even seemed to glance at me, and then a younger guy came in and started looking around. Of course I had to wonder who he was shopping for!

I must thank Olivia for giving the encouragement to do this.

The other point that someone made was about shoplifters. If you are acting oddly, nervous, glancing around too much, you are likely going to attract attention, but not the kind you think. The staff are trained to be on the outlook for lifters, as I worked retail at one time, which are an issue. A man going in selecting, then buying clothes, whoever they think their for, is just another customer.

Easier to say than do, I know.

My next goal is to buy some black shoes. those I can’t really pretend they are for someone else though.

Amy

When I first starting shopping I was scared to death.  I did like to shop fully under dressed.  As I look at all the pretty thing in the lingerie section I couldn’t help but to think that I was probably wearing more lingerie than any one else that was there.  Over the years the fear lessened.  I have never shopped en femme, at least at a store or the mall, but always under dressed.  I love the feel of my nylons against my dress pants.  One important thing I have learned is you need to know your sizes, I still get a little put off if a sales lady comes over and wants to help.

I now find it so much easier to shop on line.  I do a lot at Amazon.  They have a new deal right now for Prime members, you can pick out up to 8 items, the will send them to you to try on and if you don’t want them you send them back within a week.

Happy dressing girls

Anonymous

I was scared to shop at first the woman at the torrid store said does your wife eanw to try them on I don’t know why but I said I am not going to lie they are for me they smirked and said you only live once I know have even tried clothes on in the dressing room I love torrid Jasmine

Gail Rich
        Lady

I love Torrid too. It is the first store that I used the fitting room. I let the SA know I was shopping for myself. She was very helpful and when I asked a question about size, she said “if your not sure of the size, why don’t you try it on”. I have been trying on clothes ever since

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well, girls, I have mentioned here that my next big hurdle is going shoe shopping, as one has to take the time to try them on. I was given the tip that Payless is closing all their stores, by another girl here at CDH. So, yesterday, my wife and I went shoe shopping. We bought 6 pairs, 3 each, but only one pair of men’s. She was a very good sport, as she was watching the aisles, and helping my to hide me, whilst I tried on a pair of shoes, or several, as it turned out. It turned out to be as much of a giggle for her as I, and when I asked her how we’re dividing up the bill for this, she said, don’t worry, I’ll buy them all.

Didn’t buy a pair of tall black boots though. I might go back and see if they have them in my size. Solo.

Amy

Hooray for you Amy!! and shopping with the SO can be some of the best times. 💋 Olivia

Anonymous

Some bad words in here, sorry.

I shop in store and on-line, knowing my size is important for both, but that’s not the main point here. I prefer to shop with a sig/O although at the moment I don’t have one. Why is this ? It’s just nicer to have company, and helps me to control the mad urge to dress like an 80’s teenager rather than a 49 year old living in 2019.

I’ve have had one single bad retail experience, and it took (metaphorical) balls  of steel to brazen it out and make a big fuss. This was in a TK-Maxx local to me some years ago, I had browsed, selected and queued… Got to the cash desk and spotty oik decided that I was funny. He, and his co-worker openly laughed at me for buying my clothes..  Somehow that day my brain skipped embarrassment and went straight to pissed off. “I wonder if your supervisor will get the fuckin’ joke?” Says I… And it snowballed from there. long story short, 10% discount and lots of apologies.

these days I shop in ASDA (that’s Walmart basically) ab Tesco and have never had any similar incidents. Same as others, I just shop, head up and happy, I check sizes, hold things up against me.. I can’t use the fitting rooms because most of England is still in the bronze age, and Welwyn Hatfield is it’s retarded cousin still banging the rocks together to make fire. If I tried the fitting rooms, it;s cert that the store fuzz then the real po’po’s would be called to investigate ‘the pervert’… Yeah, I know it’s wrong, but I have to live here and I have to take my own safety and prospects into consideration.

I do always try shoes on… I know my fit is 10eee, but shoe fitting is done on a little bench not in a curtained off changing area, so it’s safe… and you get to stare back at snobby bints who give you funny looks.

Don’t let anything stop  you from being yourself, shop with pride but be realistic about it I suppose is what I’m saying here.

I feel fortunate to have very close and understanding female friends. We go shopping frequently and have a wonderful time. They know exactly what looks and feels good on me. I have no problem trying on clothes and letting them tell me what they think. The salesgirls seem more helpful too.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well, this has been quite week for shopping. I’ve bought three skirts, two tops, and a pair of boots. Plus new red stockings. All in store, a few with my wife helping, but the last skirt and top I bought yesterday afternoon at Value Village solo, likewise the boots. This doesn’t include the two pairs of shoes my wife bought for me the last time we were at Payless.

A couple of stories about my experiences. At the shoe store the aisle where my sizes were had men’s one side and women’s the other, so I was interested in some tall black boots, but there was a guy also in the same aisle. For some reason, I was more embarassed to have another guy see me trying on women’s boots, than a woman, not sure why, though. So, I went into the next aisle to try them, and here’s the interesting part, when I came back around the corner he had women’s shoes in his hands. Maybe he too, was shopping for himself!

At value village, all I had was the two women’s items, and the checkout lady wasn’t busy and we got into a chat about cycling! No judgement about my puchases.

Amy

You’re well on your way!!

Monster created, have we, yeeess hmmm

Amy Myers
          Baroness

I think so, Olivia. You’re soooo bad, encouraging me like that!

Amy

Anonymous

I love shopping! pffft. I’ll go right into the womens clothing section I get awkward looks from from all walks of life. But you know something? I enjoy it, my wife does too and that’s all that matters.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well, Dears, I did a bit more shopping for Amy today, at Ardene’s.  I bought a black and silver necklace, and 3 pairs of tights. They were 3 for $15, so what’s a girl to do, but shop for the bargain, right?

Olivia, you are so right that it gets easier. Though I can’t say I was a relaxed as I would of been shopping in a men’s store, neither was my pulse racing, and blood pressure high (if my doctor had been there to check).

I am meeting the Xpressions group for their monthly pub night tomorrow night, and wanted another couple of things. Mostly I wanted the tights or pantyhose, as if I dress, I wanted something more conservative, plus a bit of jewelry. We shall see if I really do have the courage to do this!

Sorry, don’t mean to hi-jack your thread, Olivia.

XXOO

Amy

I love try on women stores

The girls were supportive and help me whit the size,

Today I try on animal print leggins

i love shopping in stores for female clothing and make up and all that. love the look at cash out, the person thinks its for me or my gf or wife. i even try on some in store to make sure it fits before buying, but i know my size well enough. nothing like buying female cloths for your self in stores and feel not afraid, let people think what they want. we are all human.

Anonymous

Hi ladies, there are so many similar stories, I think its amazing that we go through such similar experiences. I’ve always shopped in-store, the first time (some years ago!) scared the living daylights out of me, and always in drab. Now, I’m still nervous but in an excited way rather than scared. I know my size so that helps. I decide what I want to buy and go for it! I must admit that if a sales assistant asks if I want any help I say that whatever I’ve picked is for my wife and can she bring it back it its wrong. It is good fun, especially when you get your new clothes home and wear them for the first time!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well, here I am again, with a small confession to make. I still have yet to buy my first dress, in part because I don’t have the nerve to go and try it on! Trying to find something that I like as well has been more dificult than I thought. I don’t want anything with a plunging neckline, and I want sleeves, preferably half sleeves, so that my biceps are covered, but short sleeves would work too.

Wow, what a minefield, but the biggest one is in my head! I have tried on a few tops, and then jeans when I was shopping for them, but those still tend to look rather generic, but to go into a change room holding a dress or two, has so far, been beyond my courage level.

Posting this here in the hopes that it might help me overcome myself, so to speak.

I would really love to get a summer dress or two in the not too distant future.

Amy

You can do it!, you’ve come this far Amy. I was in shopping this morning for another summer dress as well, something that falls below the knee perhaps lol.

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?