- July 19, 2021 at 10:17 am #519850Gail RichParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 64Has thanked: 48 timesBeen thanked: 250 times
I am a big gurl. I am 6 feet tall and over 200 lbs. I shop in drab but underdressed. I always feel welcome in Torrid and Lane Bryant. They are both CD friendly and I have used fitting rooms in both stores
Here is my question: I have been reading about Victoria’s Secret repositioning itself in the market. They are trying to attract plus size women to their stores. Does anyone know if they are, or have become, CD friendly?
- July 25, 2021 at 8:33 am #522440Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 404Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 1188 times
- July 24, 2021 at 9:13 am #522057Terri BrownLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 252 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
Go to Torrid or Lane Bryant they cater to us plus size girls. Have been fitted at both stores if iam traveling i always stop in a store to see what styles they carry all store carry about the same thing but different states cater what is in style for that area.
- This reply was modified 6 days ago by Terri Brown.
- July 24, 2021 at 5:36 am #521998Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1708Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 4793 times
As much as I’ve always loved Victoria’s Secret items, for a girl my size they didn’t have much that fit. I would look, dream and wish they had those incredible items in my size.
- July 24, 2021 at 4:12 am #521964
- July 21, 2021 at 11:11 am #520813Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 93Has thanked: 286 timesBeen thanked: 463 times
- July 24, 2021 at 9:45 am #522068
- July 21, 2021 at 10:57 am #520804Yumi OkadaLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 37Has thanked: 103 timesBeen thanked: 147 times
And I had a very successful visit to Torrid. I went guyish, wearing my Andrew Christian Vibe shorts and a SuperDry tee, but also underdressed.
The capris ended up being cropped distressed dark jeans, a pale purple floral top and a lacy bra and panties.
First tried on a 22, as one site said my waist was that size, but the 20 fit the best.
XL tops and undies fit me off the rack, so no issues there.
Torrid did have some 46B bras on hand, so I tried a few. The band size was perfect, but my moob comes nowhere close to filling a B. So, that just leaves me with XL undertops, 46 bralettes and 46 sports bras.
And the biggest surprise, while they don’t stock size 13 in the store, they had a returned pair of ballet flats. And they fit comfortably. So I may have to re-evaluate some of the other stores I had visited.
Really happy about the clothes and will be shopping at Torrid again soon.
- July 21, 2021 at 7:43 am #520736Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 554Has thanked: 1655 timesBeen thanked: 1935 times
I sometimes shop in the VS store and they will sometimes ask if the purchase is fir me but it is just so they can make informed suggestions. I have always felt welcomed there and they treat me in drab as just another customer. I hear that half of VS customers are male so I would be surprised if they are not cd friendly. Do you know if Lane Bryant does bra fittings fir males?
- July 21, 2021 at 3:40 pm #520909Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
Lane Bryant has done bra fittings on guys who are shopping for bras for themselves. Due to Covid the fittings went virtual. As stores reopen and retail resumes the bra fittings may resume. Call your local store and ask. It may depend on each states requirements.
- July 26, 2021 at 9:25 am #523207Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 554Has thanked: 1655 timesBeen thanked: 1935 times
I will let you know what happens after I speak to tfe folks at the local Lane Bryant
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 26, 2021 at 1:23 pm #523381Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
If you use forms or inserts remember to bring them with you.
Have fun in the LB store.
- July 27, 2021 at 7:41 am #523723Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 554Has thanked: 1655 timesBeen thanked: 1935 times
Thanks. I do not use any inserts . I have a natural B cup so I will start with au natural fitting.
- July 22, 2021 at 5:22 am #521160
- July 21, 2021 at 7:25 am #520731Yumi OkadaLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 37Has thanked: 103 timesBeen thanked: 147 times
I’m going to give my local Torrid another try. Now that I’m a bit more knowledgeable, I’ll see if they can help me find some capris and see if they can order size 14 shoes.
- July 21, 2021 at 6:09 am #520703LadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
Just saw this statement about the VS business direction reset:
Victoria’s Secret CEO Martin Waters discussed the company’s shortcomings as it plans to split from parent L Brands on August 3. The brand will change its focus “from how people look to how people feel—from being about what he wants, to being about what she wants,” Martin said.
- July 20, 2021 at 2:44 pm #520438SutekinaLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 115Has thanked: 1493 timesBeen thanked: 368 times
Check online webstore to see if they have a Plus section. Then you’ll know. I know that Urban Planet now has Plus and a few more. But, I also think the higher-end stores would be more welcoming for CDs than the budget shops. I think high-end want repeat customers and therefore would serve CDs well whereas the budget shops are looking for high volume of people spending $20-50 each. They may not give you the kind of courteous service when they know there are 20 more GG shoppers behind you.
- July 19, 2021 at 5:12 pm #520077LadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
As Donna says Victoria Secret is fine with assisting CD’s with purchasing bras, panties or lingerie. The problem is the sizes they carry are rather limited. Panties run XS to XL. Being a bigger girl they might not fit. Bras in a store usually stop at 38. You can order a 40 on line. I’ve found over the years the quality has gone downhill so their garments don’t last. As we enjoy shopping that can be a good thing returning to buy more items.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Alice Underwire.
- July 19, 2021 at 5:38 pm #520084DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
- July 20, 2021 at 3:32 pm #520463LadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
- July 20, 2021 at 3:35 pm #520465DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
Agree there VS use to take pride in their products. Seems they going down some. Still love their items . No matter the brand always use a wash bag or hand wash them. Seem to last little longer.
- July 19, 2021 at 3:36 pm #520040Elise MichelleDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 19Replies: 264Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 780 times
I was wondering the same thing. I’m also 6 foot and over 200 lb. In looking at their website, I did notice that the largest bra size is a 44D, which isn’t big enough for me. I’m sure they have some panties I can fit into as I have no waist or butt, but they’re generally way too expensive. I’d rather get a pretty matching set from Torrid or City Chic.
- July 19, 2021 at 3:23 pm #520031LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.