• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jones.
Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Gail Rich
      Lady

I am a big gurl. I am 6 feet tall and over 200 lbs. I shop in drab but underdressed. I always feel welcome in Torrid and Lane Bryant. They are both CD friendly and I have used fitting rooms in both stores

Here is my question: I have been reading about Victoria’s Secret repositioning itself in the market. They are trying to attract plus size women to their stores. Does anyone know if they are, or have become, CD friendly?

Anonymous

Can say for certain know my VS store near me are happy to help any CD or any other in their store. All the girls there in sales know me personally and go out their way to help.

I was wondering the same thing. I’m also 6 foot and over 200 lb. In looking at their website, I did notice that the largest bra size is a 44D, which isn’t big enough for me. I’m sure they have some panties I can fit into as I have no waist or butt, but they’re generally way too expensive. I’d rather get a pretty matching set from Torrid or City Chic.

Hi Gail,

As Donna says Victoria Secret is fine with assisting CD’s with purchasing bras, panties or lingerie.  The problem is the sizes they carry are rather limited.  Panties run XS to XL.  Being a bigger girl they might not fit.  Bras in a store usually stop at 38.  You can order a 40 on line.  I’ve found over the years the quality has gone downhill so their garments don’t last.  As we enjoy shopping that can be a good thing returning to buy more items.

Alice

Anonymous

noticed that some too on certain brands we love that vs sells use to be good but some are sloppy material returned many for sure.

Hi Donna,

Very true.  Some of their panties fall apart after two washing cycles.

Alice

Anonymous

Agree there VS use to take pride in their products. Seems they going down some.  Still love their items . No matter the brand always use a wash bag or hand wash them.  Seem to last little longer.

Donna

Sutekina
      Lady

Check online webstore to see if they have a Plus section. Then you’ll know. I know that Urban Planet now has Plus and a few more. But, I also think the higher-end stores would be more welcoming for CDs than the budget shops. I think high-end want repeat customers and therefore would serve CDs well whereas the budget shops are looking for high volume of people spending $20-50 each. They may not give you the kind of courteous service when they know there are 20 more GG shoppers behind you.

Hi Gail,

Just saw this statement about the VS business direction reset:

Alice

Victoria’s Secret CEO Martin Waters discussed the company’s shortcomings as it plans to split from parent L Brands on August 3. The brand will change its focus “from how people look to how people feel—from being about what he wants, to being about what she wants,” Martin said.

I’m going to give my local Torrid another try. Now that I’m a bit more knowledgeable, I’ll see if they can help me find some capris and see if they can order size 14 shoes.

I sometimes shop in the VS store and they will sometimes ask if the purchase is fir me but it is just so they can make informed suggestions. I have always felt welcomed there and they treat me in drab as just another customer. I hear that half of VS customers are male so I would be surprised if they are not cd friendly. Do you know if Lane Bryant does bra fittings fir males?

Hi Jeannie,

Lane Bryant has done bra fittings on guys who are shopping for bras for themselves.  Due to Covid the fittings went virtual.  As stores reopen and retail resumes the bra fittings may resume.  Call your local store and ask.  It may depend on each states requirements.

Alice

😊

I will let you know what happens after I speak to tfe folks at the local Lane Bryant

Hi Jeanie,

If you use forms or inserts remember to bring them with you.

Have fun in the LB store.

Alice

Thanks. I do not use any inserts . I have a natural B cup so I will start with au natural fitting.

And I had a very successful visit to Torrid. I went guyish, wearing my Andrew Christian Vibe shorts and a SuperDry tee, but also underdressed.

The capris ended up being cropped distressed dark jeans, a pale purple floral top and a lacy bra and panties.

First tried on a 22, as one site said my waist was that size, but the 20 fit the best.

XL tops and undies fit me off the rack, so no issues there.

Torrid did have some 46B bras on hand, so I tried a few. The band size was perfect, but my moob comes nowhere close to filling a B. So, that just leaves me with XL undertops, 46 bralettes and 46 sports bras.

And the biggest surprise, while they don’t stock size 13 in the store, they had a returned pair of ballet flats. And they fit comfortably. So I may have to re-evaluate some of the other stores I had visited.

Really happy about the clothes and will be shopping at Torrid again soon.

I love VS, I’ve been in to my local one and the sales lady was very helpful when I said I was a CD shopping for something for myself. Ended up buying a gorgeous satin bridal nightie/robe set.

Anonymous

They’ve always been CD friendly, but rarely had anything to fit a lot of them.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

As much as I’ve always loved Victoria’s Secret items, for a girl my size they didn’t have much that fit. I would look, dream and wish they had those incredible items in my size.

Go to Torrid or Lane Bryant they cater to us plus size girls. Have been fitted at both stores if iam traveling i always stop in a store to see what styles they carry all store carry about the same thing but different states cater what is in style for that area.

Our local VS is very CD friendly. I find that as soon as I own up to shopping for myself, I cease being a pervert and become a customer.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?