Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have made several purchases from JC Penney in the past. They have a nice selection of dresses for tall woman. When I buy at item from the store I usually try to keep my encounters brief with the SA and pay cash. I am often pressured into signing up for a store credit card.

On my most recent visit I was totally en femme and found a beautiful blue cobalt dress in my size. A young SA asked if I would like to apply for a credit card. Since she seemed friendly and the store was not busy I decided to level with her. I said “I would love to obtain a charge card but my ID does not look anything like me because I am really a man” She seemed unfazed and said “That should be no problem if I had another credit card” She looked at my ID and then me for a long time but I was approved for the card and got a nice dress at a discounted price! She was non judgemental and accommodating.

Anonymous

Good for you Stephanie. All over the years I have never gone shopping and have somebody tell me they didn’t want my money!

It you have a Nordstrom’s where you live, go there for an even nicer shopping experience… unless they are terribly busy, the ladies at the store will offer to open you “a room” and they will even pick clothes for you based on the style you are looking for or even what they think will look nice on you.

Gaby 💜

That sounds great Gabriela. I wish they had a store in my part of the world.

The closest I have come to this is one time when I took mum shopping for a special occasion outfit over 20 years ago. I was stood waiting in the store and must have been eyeballing the clothes because a store assistant approached me and asked if I would like to try something on whilst I was waiting. Whilst I really wanted to say yes, mum would not have approved meaning serious ear ache. Consequently, I respectfully declined but have regretted not taking up the offer ever since.

Take care Gaby.

Anne-Marie.

I have never had an issue at a store. Some female shoppers give you the look like why are you in my clothes area. But dressing room attendants are always pretty good about the whole thing.

-SR-

Yes we of the younger generation are VERY excepting, it’s (and I mean no offence to people here) the older people in the 55 and older demographic that are too stick in there way to realize that people are not cookie cutters of themselves.

Unfortunately it’s those people who give me anxiety to go out because they have too many connections in my area and could hurt me and my family’s futures

Small town America is such a love/hate relationship for us girls is it not?

Anonymous

I am of that 55 plus demographic and have spent my whole life trying to undo the programming that we recieved. From TV and movies to all about school and work it has been relentless. I am so glad the new generation has embraced not giving a shit about gender ID or sexual orientation. It has helped emensly to realize it just doesn’t matter.  Now if I could just give myself permission to wear what I want when I want.

Hey Mattie.

You need to be more accepting of us fifty somethings.

One my side of the pond it doesn’t matter how old or sprog like people are. I’ve had problems with young sprogs, middle aged and older people but these are a small minority of folk.

Most people just get on with their own life and don’t really give a damn what we wear.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Sometimes we can be so vane, as to think that most people these days even notice us

Congratulations Stephanie,

On the dress, discount, credit card, and being up front with the SA.

That definately deserves an atta girl!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Great story. I began buying my own pantyhose at JC Penney when I was 13. I was often asked if I wanted to join the hosiery club. granted, that was a long way from going out fully fem but I think all those little steps we successfully take leads to more confidence and enjoyment of dressing.

Hello Stephanie; Thank you for sharing this shopping story. I bet the cobalt dress was quite lovely. Even better, you didn’t have to pay full price for it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?