Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, now i want your honest opinions here. Should we or should we not, feature members? As mentioned before, the aim of this was to thank all the members that spend their precious time here, answering the many posts, posting pictures and spending time in the chatroom etc. Only very active members would be featured or members that show good commitment. This is only a pilot idea, we have currently got it in place, but i really want to know your opinions about this, do you agree or disagree? your help is greatly appreciated 🙂 .

Hi Fiona

I think it’s a great idea, it is after all the hard work of these individuals that make CDH such a fantastic place. Only thing I would say is that anyone to be featured should be asked first before it’s announced just incase they would prefer annominity.

Stephanie x

Hi Stephanie, members will always be asked in advance to be ‘featured members’ as i too believe that your privacy is super important! however the with the ‘featured photos’ , members are not asked in advance, as the photos are there already posted, just the fact they are being moved to another page, plus the fact anyway, if you post pictures, surely you want them to be viewed?!!!

Fiona xxx

Hi Fiona

Thanks for the explanation, I fully understand and agree with all points made 😀

when I posted my comments  I wasn’t suggesting people wernt being asked and also that CDH wouldn’t ask,  I guess it was just a thought as I was replying, as I said I think it’s a great idea.

Apologies if my comments were misinterpreted.

Stephanie xx

I do not object to this but I did not vote on it either.

Dame Veronica Graunwolf

Anonymous

I (and others) commented about this here, which is why I guess this poll was started:

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/featured-members/

In case anyone is wondering:  yes I was asked in advance.  No I didn’t know what it entailed, but I was up for being a test subject.  The only difference (apart from having my fizzog on the front page and Fiona’s kind words in the forum) is a small increase in friend requests and wall posts (Hi all and thank you!).

Like Dame Veronica I don’t object, but I’ve abstained from voting as only time will tell if this is a worthwhile idea or not.

Anonymous

Same here!

I had no idea what the outcome would be, but it seems a good idea. I was flattered to be among the first chosen, but at the same time, see it as a kind of test of an idea for a feature.

It’s been a fun week, and I’ve had closer contact with more people than in the previous 5 months or so, which is great!

I’ve felt more strongly than ever like a temporary ambassador for the site, and hope I’ve fulfilled that role and demonstrated some of the value that this feature can bring.

I’m not great at taking the spotlight, so treated it like a challenge to do as well as I could, so I’d like to thank Fiona and the team for the opportunity!

Love Laura

Hi girls!

I came to this after reading the discussion in the other thread and there are valid points on both sides of the issue.  In the end I went with yes, as I don’t think fear of possible outcomes should prevent us from acts of kindness and recognition.  If we trust those in charge to make a fair decision based on contribution (which I do) then I see no reason why we shouldn’t extend that recognition to those who so richly deserve it.

Khloe West
      Duchess

I’d like to see the option for all…whether old or new!

I’ve been here for years, but an infrequent poster.

Shortly after I joined? We (wife who “knows” and I) had serial disasters in life that kept me away from here simply pertaining to time allocation and life priorities.

As far as privacy?

Appreciate the nod, but my “dressing” is among the least hidden secrets in Western Civilization! Lol!

If the need and niche arises? I would be honored to be a “featured member”!

Most all “know”. Have lost some many year pals in the early days of being “out”.

Much to my surprise? One in particular that I thought would be gone for life rang me up in the past month after years of silence.

#BeYou

I truly believe yes we should feature all members on here dont see no harm to it .

Becka
      Lady

Hi Fiona!

I like the idea.  Why not?  We could try it and if it does not work out, well we tried!

Love and hugs,

Rebekka!

I think it could be damaging.  While many girls are quite better looking than some of us, it may inflate their egos if you feature only them.  If you feature anyone, let it me those who are active and have ‘thanks’ for their inputs.  Don’t single out people based on their beauty or arrogance.

Becka
        Lady

I honestly don’t think nor would I want it to be, based on beauty or arrogance.  Those would be the ones not to highlight!

Hi Meran, first of all, i want to clear this up once and for all!! the featured members is not a beauty contest, it is about you as a person, how you interact on the site, give good advice, being caring, or have some other great quality about you, i personally couldnt give a damn, how good looking you are, in my eyes, everyone on here is equal, you are all beautiful to me, by virtue of you all being here in the first place. If by chance you are featured and you are ‘good looking’ then it will be a coincedence and certainly not chosen on those merits alone. We have a huge amount of members here, who have amazing qualities, whether new or established. What i certainly do not want, is a competitive atmosphere, members chances will come eventually, after first of all, being notified to gain permission. Five members each week would be featured. It really is all down to the results of this poll, if i feel members do not want it, then it simply wont happen. So far, it seems more positive than negative 🙂 .

Fiona xxx

Khloe West
          Duchess

A great wrap and quick explanation of the subject and I also applaud it not being a “beauty contest” concept that I utterly get.

I’m far from perfect, but anyone who puts themselves out there should be proud of that factor in itself. That sort of confidence is awesome.

If ever invited? I’d simply love to help others.

My road here was of the “crash box” sort. At 51, a FB joke that the wife and I wer eplaying on HER friends slid sideways…ended up with me getting a “drag makeover” on YT…and an unexpected (but innocent) “outing” on my first “girls night out”. A “bumpy” year would be a gross understatement.

0 to 60 got nuthin’ inside of all that within a year!

Spent the next several years after unraveling all that I thought true about me for decades. An interesting and oft uncomfortable ride at points, but all good in the current.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

It would be good to try it out only so long as  it is NOT for beauty and/or popularity.   If it could help draw out the shy ones into our sisterhood, great.

Hi Karley. Beauty is not what this is all about. Please see my comments below 🙂

Fiona xxx

Hello Gang,

I answered “No,” but I genuinely have no objection and can think of roughly as many positives as many who selected “Yes.”  My Thoughts, however, relate to choice.  Many of us have kind of featured ourselves by the articles we write, the photos we display, the friends we choose, and the frequency of comments and activity.  There are many of you who would no doubt be featured in that system, but that may drive the less active or forward members further into anonymity.  I think a system wherein members self-select by the quality of their work is more equitable and less political.

Thats just me,

FAM

If you get rid of featured girls you might as well get rid of the “like” feature.  That is much more a popularity contest than the featured members.  Featured members gives you a reason to submit pictures and makes you strive to dress better to be featured.  My  $.02

Alicia C
      Lady

I’d say it should be an opt IN thing in your profile if possible. some folks here I think want to keep a lower profile.

Hi Alicia,  you may have missed an earlier post.  CDH said they will email the members first for permission before featuring them.  That way, anyone who prefers to remain out of the limelight can kindly decline and they will then not be featured.

I have no objection to featured members but I preferred the previous feature which showed which girls were currently online. I got to discover more members that way.

I don’t have extra money to spend on being a played member but wouldn’t mind it. Even if it just envolved some payee members and maybe 1 none paid member!

Either way I think it would be nice!

Hi Tara, the featured members is open to paying members and members of ‘Lady’ status too. The idea of choosing members for that week has no bearing at all on your status. It doesnt matter if you are Lady, Duchess, Baroness or Princess, everyone and i repeat everyone has equal chance. Remember, you could have answered lots of posts and been very busy here, but only be of Lady status, should this be recognised?, too right it should!!! i hope that clears this up 🙂

Fiona xxx

Very clear

Thank you

❤❤HUGS❤❤,

Tara

Lady status, Duchess status, Baroness status, Princess status??????

All sounds a bit elitist to me.

Regards

Anne-Marie.

Lol Anne, its not as bad as it sounds! lady status is non-paying, the rest are 🙂 !

i hope that clears things up a little!

Fiona xxx

Rain Bow
      Lady

It would be nice to see who is on the site not just blindly guessing

I think it’s very encouraging, one of my photos was recently posted in featured photos. I felt very honored it also  gave me a sense of accomplishment.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?