- June 14, 2021 at 1:42 pm #504541DonnaParticipantRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
Do you girls still do more shopping online or get out more and do shopping at local stores.
Myself been going out more to malls and other local stores and buying clothes and such. Actually never really stopped. Just now more places are opening up and able to try on things.
- June 15, 2021 at 8:14 pm #505097Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 362Has thanked: 1051 timesBeen thanked: 1689 times
- June 15, 2021 at 7:38 pm #505076Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1205Has thanked: 16246 timesBeen thanked: 4495 times
Went shopping with the wife dressed this past weekend (and ran into someone we knew, but I think I got away with it, still not sure), as well as a couple meals out, and we had a blast. I do like shopping in person, whether drag or drab, and I have tried stuff on (but only in drag). This weekend we were just looking at inexpensive jewelry for me, no need to try that on. Mostly more earrings.
I want to support brick and mortar stores to the exigent that I can, but I purchase more items on line due to lower prices.
- June 15, 2021 at 7:50 pm #505085DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
Do the same too but many times find it cheaper online. Now there is certain things bought where seen it online and got price match at the store too.
- June 15, 2021 at 8:02 pm #505092Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1205Has thanked: 16246 timesBeen thanked: 4495 times
I’m curious where you’ve gotten a price match?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 15, 2021 at 3:28 pm #504998Tina QLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 100Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 565 times
I went shopping in-store today. My SO was not pleased that she could she my black bra through my Coral semi-sheer tank top and my white and black polka dot semi-sheer top. I got a white bra, another bra very close to coral. I also got a white top and two black tops.
I am pretty sure shopping for more clothes is not the point my SO was trying to make. It does accomplish three things. It helps the economy, my wardrobe and my SO concerns about visible bras.
The salesperson was very helpful. She helped adjust the bras and picked out some other bras that would work with the coral and white/black polka dot tops. The cashier also recommended some other plus size clothing stores to shop in.
- June 15, 2021 at 6:12 pm #505052LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
congrats seems like knocked out several things at one store. Plus bet SO is happy that got a good bra for those sheer tops.
- June 15, 2021 at 7:24 am #504782Charlotte WalkerDuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 317Has thanked: 1387 timesBeen thanked: 973 times
- June 15, 2021 at 7:10 am #504779Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 551Has thanked: 479 timesBeen thanked: 2371 times
I’ll probably to a mixture of online and in store, but the majority will still be online. I find local store selections to be limited, but somewhere else in the country may have an item I am looking for online.
For example, I buy alot of women’s racing/training one piece swimsuits. If I had to buy in person, the selection would be dismal and prices sky high. But I’ve found some other stores in the country that have decent selection and better prices.
- June 15, 2021 at 7:03 am #504773helenmarieLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 159Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 466 times
Hello Donna, I agree with you, we should get out more to our local shops & buy things, support the high street stores. I have bought clothes online & still do, but I prefer to go to the shops. First it gets me out fully dressed as Helenmarie, which I like to do, & you can talk to the sales staff & other people around. It gives you more confidents in your CD & dealing with other people while CD, the more we girls go out fully dressed the more the public will except us. So get out there & enjoy youself. love, Helenmarie
- June 14, 2021 at 4:51 pm #504609
- June 14, 2021 at 4:24 pm #504604Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 317Has thanked: 1154 timesBeen thanked: 1295 times
Well Donna, I’d much rather go in person but have done some online as well. I prefer to try things on as I hate doing returns. I’ve shopped and tried on things while dressed and in drab. Never once have I had a bad experience and all sales associates and always very helpful no matter how I dressed.
- June 14, 2021 at 3:39 pm #504588Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 41Replies: 1115Has thanked: 315 timesBeen thanked: 3808 times
Usually on line. Selection is better,prices are often lower especially when you factor in the cost of getting to the stores,and it’s much less of a hassle. Regarding the pandemic:hopefully almost over but some states are doing a really piss poor job when it comes to vaccinations so when that new super contagious variant gets here in force who knows what will happen.
- June 14, 2021 at 3:01 pm #504583Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 337Has thanked: 555 timesBeen thanked: 1220 times
As much as I dislike buying online, especially clothes, buying Women’s clothes in person was always a terrifying experience for me and I definitely didn’t try anything on anyways. Was always pretending to be buying something for my girlfriend. I’d usually do a big panic buy around Valentines Day or Christmas to support my internal story, lol. That or I had to have a sympathetic female friend to come with, which only happened once. I probably wasn’t fooling anyone but it was enough to get me through the task. Online shopping changed all of that. Now, if there was a local store doing a ‘mens’ night for crossdressers and I could go dressed already, possibly with someone, I’d be into that.
— Abbie 😘
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Abbie Normal.
- June 14, 2021 at 3:10 pm #504585LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
Believe it or not use to be that way but sale is sale don’t matter to sales people. Most don’t ask if for self or someone else. Remember going into a VS first time doing a fitting the girl was super polite. Saying many guys come in for selves. As for other clothes always have few male outfits mixed in with women’s clothes.
Now just when wanting to try things on will just get female clothes if wanting to try on. Specially when shopping for skinny jeans or shorts.
- June 14, 2021 at 2:55 pm #504580Tina QLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 100Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 565 times
Since I found that salespeople were more friendly that previous years and I could try on clothes before I buy them, I have done a lot more in store purchases. The stores were open all through the pandemic and they increased cleaning protocols. I felt safe the whole time.
- June 14, 2021 at 2:38 pm #504570Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1005Has thanked: 6859 timesBeen thanked: 4205 times
Hi Donna I have been out shopping several times. I loved being out with our sisters just searching for discounts. I have been desperately avoiding the plus size woman’s section. It seems all the fun clothes are in the junior section. So the woman’s section x large is where I always ended up if I was going find something to fit. Thank goodness for the old reliable stretch and wide leg yoga pants. They saved the day. Forget about sandals it seemed like every thing i liked was in a size 8 or under . I was told i could always order on line. That was the same for the tops, I liked if I wanted something in my size i always had the option to order on line. I did get a little gift bag of sample eye care from Sephora when i signed up for a credit card. That was a tiny plus . The first day was a good day. I spent far too much money but I am worth it. The second time out was more for my wife and return some of the items I purchased the first day. I love shopping Its nice to be out with sweet smells of perfume and estrogen filled woman once again
- June 14, 2021 at 2:51 pm #504578LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
totally agree so happy to see life coming back as we knew it before. Have also notice highways and other roads are lot more traffic coming and going. Was great when almost had the road to self. Almost. Felt like only one in area at times left on earth.
- June 14, 2021 at 2:20 pm #504555Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2305Has thanked: 8245 timesBeen thanked: 12989 times
We were ” supposed” to totally open up on the 21 June…..but it’s now been delayed for another 4 weeks due to a third wave of covid…….it doesnt really stop me, but people in general are still not going into my little town in great numbers……..I love ANY type of shopping xx
- June 14, 2021 at 2:02 pm #504549Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 643Has thanked: 4234 timesBeen thanked: 2465 times
- June 14, 2021 at 2:33 pm #504563
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.