• Creator
    Topic
    Sa•man•tha
    Founder
    Registered On: January 21, 2018
    Topics: 266
    Replies: 1417

Hiya Sisters,
    So…its been whispered about for the past month or so…*shhh!*…

Today I found out I’m gonna get laid off from my day job.  Like, sometime within the next few days.

Honestly, I’m scared but not upset.  I can probably draw unemployment for awhile.  While I’m doing that, I plan to live as a woman full time, now that my redneck job wont be in the way…haha take that, rednecks!!  You failed to stop me!! 😂

So I’m looking at this as a new opportunity.  But fk fk, I’ve got a child to support too, what do I do??  Dang it gotta make a living somehow, whys it gotta be all about the Bennies??

For some background info…I dont have a degree, I did have a carreer as an hvac service tech…that was decent money but man that job sucked lol I’m too old for that crap.  I can go back to that but I’ll hate my life if I do…

I used to think about getting a job, maybe as a waitress at the local lgbtq bar, or maybe housekeeping at a hotel…but with the pandemic on (which is why I’m getting laid off in the first place) those jobs are on the slide also…

Gosh.  Lol I’m not a kid anymore.  There are a lot of things I’m interested in, knowledgeable about, or good at.  But I dont have the college issued (or for that matter, court issued)  piece of paper to “prove myself” for those… “the man” wants your papers doesn’t he??

What I’d like is something that allows me to work as a woman or at least as a feminine guy.  And it needs to pay the bills also, lol not looking to get rich here (but maybe I should be looking to get rich, lol??  Aiming for the stars, thinking outside the box??)

Anyway, my head’s still spinning, since I just found out a few hours ago. All i know is that ultimately I’d love to end up with something that is rewarding in some way besides financially.

So…what would you do here if it were you Sisters?? The world is your oyster! (um ahem to an extent lol)

Thank you!! ❤

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Sa•man•tha
      Founder

Hey, I want to thank all of you Sisters from the bottom of my heart, all of these ideas, insight and advice are fantastic and I greatly appreciate your support everyone ❤ thank you all so very much!!

Dani CD
      Participant
      Registered On: September 10, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 25

Hi Samantha,                                                         Sorry to hear about your job, have you thought about selling cosmetics and other beauty products even as an on the side job, I’m sure plenty of ladies on CDH would love to have you as there beauty products consultant + there is no problems dressing as the real you.                                                             Just a thought.                                                       Dani 👩🏻‍🔧xoxo

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

That would be fun!  Gosh I’d have to up my makeup game a few notches there, but maybe I could also win a new Cadillac in the process, hmmm?  Lol thanks Dani 😊

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Samantha Joan
      Ambassador
      Registered On: November 17, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 68

Hey Samantha

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about being made redundant.

I have found myself in the same position since August. Losing my job also meant that Samantha did lose her safe dressing place, plus an office where everyone was very supportive.

Initially, this made me very sad as ultimately, I lost the job that I loved and where I could be the whole me. Since August and a little time off from everything, I have channelled my time into looking for a new job but also starting to learn a lot of new skills outside the only industry I knew for 30 years.

I have a lot of ideas for working for myself and how to incorporate Samantha into that as well. I wish you well and regardless of what circumstances, you can do anything!

Hugs

Samantha x x

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Dang, I’m really sorry to hear that Samantha!!  You had a really great thing going on there!  I wish you all the best also hon, and hope everything works out well for you ❤

Dana “Jennifer” Banton
      Participant
      Registered On: March 19, 2018
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 52

Sam,

Please forgive my slang, but yes, I am talking about recruiters.  It depends on what your skills are and what you want from a career.  But you can search for local recruiters online.  Many recruiters will specialize in certain job markets, like healthcare, engineering, automotive, etc.  But remember to wear your big girl panties as many of these recruiters do not have the best “best-side manner”.  There are really great ones to work with, but some are rather difficult.  I guess that is no different than anywhere else.  LOL.  You just need to have thick skin, which from what I know of you, you have that when you want it.

Good luck hon!  Reach out if you need me.  You know how to find me.  🙂

Dana

karley delaware
      Participant
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 375

Hi. Sammy…………..Friday will be here soon……….After your final shift, will you change out of work uniform into some really comfortable girl clothes and walk out the door as pretty Sammy?   Say a sweet” bye bye” to the boss.   You’re so cute Sammy!!  You never know. They may “find” money for an administrative assistant!!    kisses………………karley

Diane Crow
      Participant
      Registered On: October 21, 2019
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 164

You could even use your CDing as a marketing tool. Women would feel more comfortable having a woman working on their systems and in their homes. It would also attract free advertising in the way of the press. People who consider themselves progressive would hire you as well as the LGBTQ community. You would have a pre set population of clients.  What do you think?

Your marketing director

Diane

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

I see what you mean there Diane,  kinda thought about it from that angle before, and I think you’re right.  Not too sure how I’d feel about the newspaper knocking at my door tho, that could be a real double edge sword lol… thanks hon!

Camryn Occasionnel
      Participant
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 397

Hi Sammy,

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate layoff. So unfair. After reading so many of the imaginative suggestions about possible future endeavours, far be it for me to offer any advice. My advanced age saves me from ever having that experience ever again. (However, I DO NOT recommend getting any older any faster – lotsa drawbacks to that, too!)

A few years back, we had a caregiver for my elderly mother and somehow she (the caregiver, not my mother) was able to get a work-from-home job teaching English to students in China. She made good money at it, too. Unfortunately, the classes she taught were all in the wee hours of the morning. Instructions were via video-conferencing, one-on-one, so students and teacher could see each other. I have no doubt that you could teach as Sa•man•tha (probably have to drop the dots, though).

In a pre-COVID earth, decades ago in New Orleans, there was a restaurant where ALL of the waiters were required to crossdress, or work in drag. And you had to be convincing, too! At the time, CDing was not high on my list of secret desires, so I would never have given the least thought of dining there. As I recall, the enterprise didn’t catch on and the place closed down. It was probably the food. In your part of the country, I bet such a joint would’ve been burned to the ground the first week! So, scratch that idea.

You’re multi-talented, so I can’t imagine you being unemployed for long, COVID or no COVID. Please do let us know how it all plays out. Whatever happens, know this: you are a linchpin at CDH and you’re needed HERE! Keep the deep-thought Forum topics coming and keep the rest of us on our toes!

❤ Camryn

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Camryn, you’re always such a fine lady my dear!  These are both fascinating ideas…I sure wouldn’t mind teaching people English lol and the idea of a restaurant with an all c/d staff is just awesome…tho there are indeed lotta rednecks here, I could also see something like that really taking off.  Huh.  It would require someone smarter than me to do but dang that would be fun, haha.  Too bad they couldn’t keep it up with that.  Camryn, thanks for the ideas and hope things are well with you ❤

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 30

I didnt read everyone’s suggestions,  but I read all your replies.  You seem to have a great attitude which helps immensely.  You mentioned being a Chauffer, I did that for a while and made really good money and lots of booze that was left behind (I don’t drink). But the area live in kinda matters doing that. You’ll be fine with your optimism and willingness. But good luck anyway.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Oh God, dont tempt me with booze lol…its kind of a suburban / rural area but opportunities are still there, I’d just have to go down to the big city.   Thanks Lisa!! 😊

Dana “Jennifer” Banton
      Participant
      Registered On: March 19, 2018

Hey Sam!

if you can’t tell, there are a lot of people here that care about you.  Just look at all of the replies to your post.  WOW!

I am really sorry to hear about the job thing.  That sucks.  There is a lot of great advice in these posts, but I have to admit I have not read every one of them.  Have you thought about working with a headhunter?  Headhunters work for the companies, not the job seekers, but I think it would be worth a shot.  I have worked with a number of headhunters over the years with varying success.  Just be careful with them.  They may try to “twist your arm” to accept a job you don’t want.  The good ones won’t.  But again…they work and get paid by the companies wanting to hire…NOT by the job seekers.

One lovely lady here talked about working through the local LGTB community.  Networking is a great idea and can open doors you never knew were there.  But networking can be a long-term process, so you might need to take a job that you don’t want while you network for a job you do want.

When updating your resume, make sure you don’t just talk about what you did, but remember to add what the RESULTS were of what you did.  Employers care about the results.  And don’t discount yourself because you do not have a degree.  More and more employers are realizing that a degree is not everything.  Having skills, experience and the ability to apply both to get results are gaining importance.  Degrees are good and worthwhile for sure.  I have two of them.  But they are not everything.  There is no substitute for experience, so don’t discount an opportunity just because you do not have a degree.  What is the worst they can do?  Say no?

Good luck sweety.  I hope you find what you want very soon!  Keep us informed ok?  We care about you.

Hugs…Dana.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Yea talk about “support” omg I’m blown away here…”headhunters” lol that’s a word that conjures up all sort of mental images, lol… is this like a recruiter you’re talking about?  Are these the people you’d find at like a job fair?  Hey Dana, thank you for the insight and the advice hon I appreciate that!! ❤  And yes I’ll be back with some stories no doubt 😋

Heather Jameson
      Participant
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Replies: 335

Hey Sam, that sucks. I don’t know how your unemployment system works but do they offer any retraining programs, ours do to help people to get back to work and off unemployment. Perhaps you could go through for a PSW, personal support worker, once again not sur on terms or names your system uses. That gives you qualifications to work in a nursing home or convalescent ward sort of thing or as an educational assistant to work as a teacher’s helper sort of thing. I don’t know as I’ve said but just a couple of ideas.

Take care, you’ll land on your feet, you strike me as a survivor, Heather.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Oh now I hear Destinys Child playing in my head, lolol… but yea, I have a younger friend who’s drawing UI and also getting a GED thru the UI office I think, so I think they do offer stuff like that here.  I’ll have to look.  Since my last official day is Friday I havent been to the UI office yet, dont wanna risk spooking my bosses or something by applying before they’ve officially let me go lol

Thank you Heather!  It seems like you have a pretty good thing going on for yourself there, I know it’s a pain sometimes but, congrats hon! ❤

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 592

Sam*an*tha,   Doesn’t seem to matter where we live, always plenty of hurdles and hoops to get through to be where we wish to be.  And “tha gubment is hear ta hep!”  Now that I have told my employer, I have a bunch of them coming my way now too.  So, here we go!!!.

PaulaF

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Ah, the work is never done is it Paula?  You’re venturing into an area I’ve dreamed of but so far have dared not tread… so all I can say is, congratulations and best of luck to you!!  Paula, you’re a rock star and a goddess, I’m positive you’ll kick some ass on this next step forward dear ❤

patty williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 1135

See there Sammy you have all kinds of experience you aren’t telling us about.

Girlfriend start putting that stuff together for your resume and go for it.

I know you will land on your feet.

If all else fails use your cuteness, we know you have that going for you.LOL

You will do just fine Friend

Patty

Heather Harrison
      Participant
      Registered On: August 3, 2020
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 107

Hey Sami,

Having your own business can be incredibly freeing. We do most of our business online and if you need any advice, help, or whatever, don’t hesitate to get ahold of me.

Live Long And Prosper,

Heather

Jenny Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Replies: 106

I am so sorry to hear that. A lot of work places are being hit hard. We’re downsizing, but due to my skillset and position I am fortunate to be very close to the last on the chopping block. I hope it all goes well and have some well-wishes from me.

So a few tips:

1) Don’t hesitate or wait to sign up for Unemployment. I know WAY too many people who did this and are suffering for it now. Hope you’ll only be laid off for a few weeks, prepare to be laid off for a few months.

2) Working from home is becoming more and more of an option as time goes on. I am sure you can find something if you have the tools.

3) A lot of places are opening up to the idea of transgender and gender-fluidity in general. If you are really worried, it might be worth creating two resumes. One for your strictly male self and one for yourself, discussing your genderfluidity in the resumes.  But other people might have more input on this idea then me.

4) Might not be a bad idea to spread word around in the local LGBTQ community where you live. There are plenty of business owners who understand and are in those communities, worst case you might find a few supporting shoulders.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Jenny, yea I had the fine luck of having 2 yrs on the job at a place where every other person has like 20 – 25 so I’m sure it was an easy choice for the corporate lol… hey thank you Jenny, I appreciate your advice! 😊

Jennifer Grace
      Participant
      Registered On: September 6, 2020
      Replies: 15

Wow! Sam, that so TOTALLY sucks.

I had the same thing, and I’m trying to get hired back into my own industry (which has been impossible for the last six months). I’m and idiot and feel like , if I CAN work, I SHOULD work, so I took a job doing something I had done before which I positively HATE, and which actually pays LESS than what I was getting on unemployment (given the little $600.00 a week stipend from the Fed which I think ended in July). But, hate it or not, I work every day and clear a paycheck. That was my path.

For now look into unemployment. The COVID thing may induce the government to supplement that again, and then re-group. Keep looking. Keep hopeful.

Hugs…

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Doh!!  Whether it’s to an old job or an old girlfriend, I’ve gotten burned every time I’ve gone back!  Jennifer, I wish you the best on finding an opening in your preferred vocation quickly!! ❤ Thanks hon!

Mary Francis
      Participant
      Registered On: April 29, 2016
      Replies: 13

Dear Samantha,

My heart breaks every time I hear a story like yours.  We are living in a tragic and chaotic time that didn’t have to be.  Of all of the suggestions so far, working in the grocery industry is my recommendation.  Here in the northern part of Ohio each of the grocery store chains are hiring.  My  son and daughter both worked in the grocery industry and started there with no experience and right out of school.  My son worked night shift stocking shelves and my daughter was a check-out clerk.  So there are lots of entry level possibilities.  Also, at the local grocery store a check-out clerk was a transgender MTF in her transition.   I would get in her check-out line every time possible so I could observe how she was treated.  I saw nothing but positive responses from customers as well as staff.

Good luck in whatever you do.  Together, we will get through this.

Mary

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

“…that didnt have to be” yep that’s what I keep thinkin’ too.  What a shame.

I’d describe my current job title as “glorified cashier” just not in a retail setting and I spend some time stocking the warehouse also…I could totally get with stocking shelves at a grocery…although, it would drive me batty to have people picking from my freshly front faced shelves 😅 long as it pays the bills I could deal with that tho lol thanks Mary!

Tabitha Tee
      Participant
      Registered On: July 30, 2020
      Replies: 252

You have a lot of good advice here. I would add that a lot of folks here drive Uber or Doordash. Gig work which you could of course do as your femme self. Also the best jobs I ever fell into were because of who I knew. Tap into your network. Because you have mechanical skill, that translates into many other fields with a minimum of difficulty, and a good mechanic will always have work. Good luck, dear!

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Doordash in fem seems like it could be a blast hehe…thanks Tabitha! 😊

Linda Rose Nygaard
      Participant
      Registered On: April 30, 2020
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 100

Hi Samantha,

I’m sorry to hear of your (lack of) employment situation.  I believe you will find something, although it may not be exactly what you have in mind.  Never leave any stone unturned.  Your situation reminds me of how I got my last job in a most unexpected way.  In my job hunting, I ran into an old friend of mine named Ben at a gas station while I was filling my car.  I had helped him keep his old car running when he was a ‘dirt poor’ college student.  In the meantime he had become quite successful, climbing the ladder to become a top exec in a local manufacturing org.  He asked me what I was doing, so I told him the truth.  Remembering his college days, he repaid my earlier favors by saying “Why don’t you come and work for us?”  I applied there and he used his influence  to ‘push along’ my application to the right people, and the rest is history.  So, lesson learned, expect the unexpected.

One more thing, please don’t get down on yourself.  I know this won’t pay the bills, but remember that your worth as a human being isn’t tied up in how many bucks you can earn, but rather your worth is measured by how much you can love.  And definitely keeping this website going is a labor of love which has benefited the members here as well as untold numbers of ‘lurkers’.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Oh isn’t it so fun when stuff like that happens, when life just works out like that!  I like your philosophy there Linda, money is something I’ve never had much of and dont really understand the way some people behave over it… but yea, no worries about me getting bummed out here… I appreciate that Linda, thanks hon ❤

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 592

It is always hard to hear about jobs being cut, esp when it is your own.  The first thing you should do, is the very day you are officially terminated, file for those unemployment benefits you are entitled to.  DO NOT waste even a day doing that.

Now, look around at your community and find those jobs and side hustles that do not go away.  Security guard, pizza delivery, yard work, handy man, etc.  If you need something to supplement the unemployment bennies, find something that will pay you in cash as there is much, much less record keeping to do as far as taxes and such.  Most of these won’t be exactly what you are wanting to find or make a career, but they will put some food on the table for the time you need them to.

Above all else Sam*an*tha, DO NOT get down on yourself if you don’t find something as fast as you want to.  Right now is a hard time to be looking for another job, but they are there or soon will be.  Be patient.  Be persistent.  Stay positive.  It WILL get better.  And we all here at CDH know you will make it and will prosper.

As far as wishing to work and present as female, the laws are on your side but may need some pushing here and there to get them to open up and be able to be utilized, but they ARE there for you.

My wishes are with you,

PaulaF

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Paula!  I know this wasnt really the point of your reply but since you mentioned the legal part…I could probably make a whole new career of challenging all the ridiculous and pathetic laws my state has, basically if you dont own tons of money or tons of property here, then you exist at the whim of those who do.  This concept is what our governor likes to call “personal responsibility” 😅😅   Anyway… I promise you I wont get bummed over this stuff, instead I’d like to make it as fun as possible…and hopefully there’ll be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and maybe a few good stories I can share here as well.  Thank you Paula ❤

karley delaware
      Participant
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 375

Hi Sammy………….So sorry to hear about that………..I’m kinda on thin ice myself…………….so what to do?  Well, for starters your plan of living as a full time woman is GREAT!!!   If getting called back is not in the cards, then I’d might think about letting those bone heads see you as SAMANTHA!!!  Pretty Girl!!!   Then, if your library system has online classes, usually they are free……………take a few………….dressed as pretty Sammy!!.   Get a certificate of completion!!  What to take? Whatever interests you.  So, at the interview, when “the man”, asks “So, what have you been doing with your time?”  You can reply Oh , I learned about this and that and spent my time learning about other things…………..It kinda implies, you are a “go getter”……….”takes initiative”….”creative”….   It’s just having fun on the computer, dressed as a woman!!!.    When dressed as Karley, I actually enjoy doing the housework, laundary, all the BS stuff of life becomes fun!!…………………Good Luck Girl!!!  karley

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Thank you Karley!  Say, isn’t that fascinating, how the most mundane things become fun when you do them from your feminine place?  It’s like a chore is no longer a chore 😁

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 1917

H Sam,

I am so sorry to hear of your lay-off.  By all means apply for unemployment. You might qualify for your state’s programs.  Your state may offer retraining  Opportunities or offer a certificate in several areas that gives you educational credits.  With your child you may be eligible for additional support to tide you over until a job opportunity arises.

I was laid off to in an economic downturn and was able to collect unemployment.  I had to apply for work to continue the unemployment pay.  So I thought I’d apply dressed as the real me so I did.   It felt like the right thing to do.

Another thought was your state may offer listings of job opportunities to investigate.  With more wfh jobs you can be who you are.

Alice

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Gotta say, I love your way of thinking!  Thanks Alice! 😊

Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 244

Hi Samantha.
      Really sorry to hear about the job and the situation you find yourself in.
      All I can say is sit down and make a list of all the jobs you know you can do. Along side that make a list of all the jobs you think you could do,and probably would like to do.
      Bit of experience here in the UK, many employers are only hiring
      low numbers and the best of the bunch, the rest are put onto holding lists till covid has past.
      Home delivery has really taken off here, so I would say most countries will see a huge increase in demand.
      Maybe this is an area where permitted you could combine work and CD.
      I wish you well, but in the current climate I wouldn’t be to ambitious, as specially as you say you are a single parent. Survival now, then expand your dream after covid.
      Good luck, keep safe, and love to you sweetie.
      Amanda 💋💋

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Those would be a couple of long lists… it’s been a lifelong problem of mine “hmmm what do I want to do” lol or as one of my coworkers said about our office lady’s husband, “he’s great at everything as long as it doesn’t involve work” 😅 lol hey thanks Amanda!

Heather Harrison
      Participant
      Registered On: August 3, 2020
      Replies: 107

Hi Samantha,

So sorry to hear about your job. I don’t have a lot of advice, but can share what happened to me.

Fifteen years ago, I experienced physical problems that made it impossible for me to be a reliable employee. Long story short, I was diagnosed with two major diseases and finally qualified for disability. Subsequent to that, my wife and I started our own on-line business, and haven’t looked back since.

Ya just never know what is around the next corner.

Best of luck to you.

Heather

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Heather, I really like the idea of an online business, I have some talents that might be marketable there… hey congrats on yours hon, and thanks!

ChloeC
      Participant
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Replies: 178

Hi Samantha, I am sorry to hear about your upcoming unexpected job loss, something I’ve experienced several times – at least 3 .  Each was different but for all of them I just decided that I just had to be positive about it and treat each as a challenge and an opportunity.  For all of them, I had to go out and search, so I searched everywhere even places I wasn’t sure I did want to work, but you never know where that ideal job may be located. I sent out loads of resumes, contacted friends, answered a lot of ads and every time, I (was fortunate, perhaps, and I) found another before any severance ran out.

I was also at times took on contract jobs (limited time),  part time jobs, anything to keep a stream of money coming in and especially to not tap into savings.  It’s hard to not to, but I suspect it’s even harder to try to replace them later.  I cut expenses to the bone, gave up things I liked – feeling I would be able to get them back up when things turned better, which they did. Most of all while maybe privately I felt bad about myself at times, I tried hard to keep a positive outward appearance, for me, and especially for my family. I don’t doubt they were worried at times, but with me telling and them showing I could get work, they stayed positive themselves.

I don’t have specific jobs I can suggest, but at least early on look for something you think interesting and keep that positive outlook that I see (and appreciate and enjoy) in all of your responses here on cdh. Oh and really work at ’embellishing’ your resume. Let others read it and offer suggestions to make whatever you have done it the past, look positively outstanding, so that whoever hires you will believe they were fortunate to find you.  Good luck!

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Chloe, thank you!  Ya know, I’ve never once had to submit a resumé for anything so that’ll be a new experience if I get into that… but, if they like embellishment, oh my watch out lol 😆

Stephanie Bass
      Participant
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Replies: 749

Hi Sammy Not much as advice for your situation but listen to your heart and look for some thing that sounds pleasing to you with the thoughts of your son with you . Just be the woman you want to be with a side kick…lol… Big hugs girlfriend and good luck be safe 💋💋

Stephanie

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Thank you Stephanie, big hugs back hon 😊

Stephanie Bass
      Participant
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Replies: 749

Hi Natasha so pretty and dangerous LOL

Hugs Stephanie

Debbie J
      Participant
      Registered On: April 24, 2019
      Replies: 57

I don’t have any advice to offer, but I do have sympathy. I was laid off in May, and I’m still trying to land something else. Good luck, hun.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Thank you Debbie, and I wish you good luck too dear ❤

Seren
      Participant
      Registered On: March 2, 2020
      Topics: 36
      Replies: 398

Sorry to hear that Sammy, but it sounds like you’re seeing the opportunities in that silver lined catastrophe.
      Goals! Working en femme in a hippy lgbt+ friendly cafe 😀🏳️‍🌈 although I’m guessing if you’re in redneck country that might not be so easy…. x Covid disaster shutting down many hospitality businesses 😢

good luck girl

Seren xx

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hehe that would be fun wouldn’t it Seren?  And there are places like that around even here in redneckland… although like you mentioned, with the pandemic on not sure they’re doing much right now…but working at such a place is something I think would be enjoyable

Mandy Wife
      Participant
      Registered On: September 12, 2019
      Replies: 97

That sucks Samantha  – I hope you manage to find something, even temporary, to give you the balance you need xx

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Thank you Mandy, I really appreciate that hon! ❤

Diane Crow
      Participant
      Registered On: October 21, 2019
      Replies: 164

Have you ever thought about hanging up your own shingle? I have found in this Covid world that people are spending more time at home and more time on home projects. You could offer up your service’s as a cut rate but high end HVAC gal. I know it would suck for a while but if it goes well you could hire others to do the dirty work and you could just manage. Because you would be getting the full payment from the client and not the salary your company pays you you could do less volume and still make the same money.

Just a thought.

Diane

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Diane,, that would solve virtually all the problems I had with doing hvac for a company… but lol! despite the fact you’re working on machines that can kill people, you’re not required to have a license to do hvac here, go figure…so for a suburban area theres a startling amount of competition in the “one woman show” hvac biz…. it is however, mostly low quality competition tho lol so maybe still worth a shot…? Huh.  Thanks for the idea hon!

patty williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 1135

HI Sammy ,

I know I am with Bettylou,

Truck driving might be an option.

I have a friend that is a truck driver

The trucking industry as a whole I s booming maybe you could get your CDL and find a local driving job?

Hugs Patty

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Patty… or even maybe just like a chauffer’s license and a courier gig… I’ve done that sort of thing before, it wasnt too bad… although back then it was with someone else’s vehicle 😁 hmm…

Lol thanks Patty

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 88
      Replies: 784

Hi Sam

I am so sorry to here about your predicament.  I’ve been there too.  It sucks.  I was in IT for decades and got made redundant from my Operations Manager job at 50. As a manager for 10 years I hadn’t been able to keep my skills up to date ( I had previously done programming, systems analysis, and tech support), so IT turned its back on me. A closed door. That and my age. Over 40 ? IT?  No way.

Tried for a year to get a managers job- any manager – but they all wanted relevant skills.  No dice. Did a bit of casual work for a builder.  Drew unemployment benefit.

So I got a job as a postman.  No skills required except the ability to read and be fit enough. Haa! Just as well – in the jobs market I hadn’t got relevant skills!   And it was okay.  An early start, my own boss once out on delivery, no pressure.   Back then it was “job and finish” – so run round and home by early afternoon. Great with the childcare and shopping. Night shift at Xmas sorting packets was a real hoot.

So, Sam …..  mailman(woman) any chance there?  In UK it wasn’t so bad a job. Hours were okay ,pay was reasonable, overtime always possible.

Or Amazon?  Delivery driver?  Warehousewoman?  In the UK home deliveries are taking off big time.  Amazon is hiring thousands,  all the big supermarkets are too.   And restaurant deliveries too.  As this pandemic goes on home delivery is the way for retail business to go.  Just a thought.  Might be possibilities for you in this sector.

Anyway, good luck with whatever path you decide to follow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs

Stephanie p

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Thanks Stephanie!  Hmm mail lady, I do like the sound of that! I think the rural routes here are kind of like a subcontract deal…

Kay Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2020
      Replies: 499

Hi Samantha,

This has always been a plan that I had in my mind if I got laid off. I have taken a few classes at our local community college and noticed that there is bulletin board with jobs posted. You had to be a student to apply for them. I figured that if I got laid off, I’d go take a class and get access to that board. Something worth exploring. Just an idea.

Wishing you luck girl! 🌹

Kay

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Kay, classes are something I’ve thought about also from time to time in the past…lot to delve into there, woo lol … I have a friend who’s doing that sort of thing right now, prob gonna go talk to her about it this evening … thanks hon!

Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 35
      Replies: 1454

Hey Sam

When one door closes…

The possible opportunity to work femme is exciting although the job market is cerainly a bit tough right now. There are MANY right now working as independants in the service trades so you might try that at least temporarily. Keep your options open and your eyes and ears alert to any openings that look interesting.

You’re a good person with a ton of personality and skills, someone is going to very happy when they finally find you.

Love and hugs

Olivia

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Awh thank you Liv!! ❤ Lol yea the thing about doors is true isn’t it? Funny how that works! 😁

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 205

Hey Sa•man•tha,

I wish I could offer some advice, but seeing as it took me seven years to get the part-time job I have now I doubt anything I say could be of help. Plus even though I have an associate degree my job and it are incompatible with one another.

I guess all I can say is hang in there.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Thanks Jessica.  Say, you hit on something else there with the degree thing, I’ve heard stories about that too…can I ask you, if you could have any job you wanted, what would it be hon?

Anonymous
          Inactive
          Registered On:

I always wanted to something with video games (I guess it’s my inner gamer), like designing or testing them.

Sa•man•tha
            Founder

That seems like an industry with a bright future Jessica, I hope your ddreams come true there ❤

Anonymous
            Inactive
            Registered On:

Thanks, I hope things improve for you.

Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Replies: 331

Hi Sammy….if you really want “girl” full time, waitress somewhere until something better comes up. Find a nice understanding owner who will accept you for the wonderful person you are!!….it’s the same here in the UK….everyone wants experienced staff….but nobody will give you the chance to get experience!!….grrr…..sorry I cannot be more helpful, at least we are lucky enough to have you HERE…..huggs Grace xx

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Oh ain’t that a catch 22 lol “we just lure experienced staff from elsewhere” lol “no soup for you come back 1 year” lolol thanks Grace!

Stevie Steiner
      Participant
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 552

Hey Sa•man•tha,

Sorry to hear about that hon.  Though it’s always nice to get away from those red necks at the old job, it still has to suck.  I have been in a similar situation with how brutal covid has been on the restaurant industry.  A career change later in life can be a little overwhelming  ( tho your still young … ).   Money or happiness?  Always the same question.  One always has to pay the bills, but some level of happiness is essential in work.   My thoughts are going to be with you now.

Whatever you wind up doing, I know with the ” Va Va Voom ” you bring to the table, you WILL SUCCEED.

P.S.  I would soooo want you as my waitress …. all these tips sticking out your garter belt …..😁.

Hang in honey, I need ya; we need ya.  Dang it, the world needs ya. ❤

Stevie

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Brutal pandemic lol no kiddin’. Theres a lot of us in this situation right now arent there?  So it appears we’re in about the same boat here, although unfortunately Stevie I have to admit I’m older than you are.  So…can I ask, what are your plans from here hon?  Are you thinking of a career change, trying to ride out the storm, or what?  Thanks!

Stevie Steiner
          Participant
          Registered On: June 11, 2020
          Topics: 24
          Replies: 552

If you’re older than me (?), I want you eternal youth magic pill please…😁

Actually 2 pills, just to be safe.

Sa•man•tha
            Founder

😜😜

Stephanie Green
      Participant
      Registered On: September 12, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 90

You’re welcome, Sam.  I didn’t mean to say that you should plan on making a career out of any job.  I just meant that, if you couldn’t afford to go long without a paycheck, you might want to take a less than ideal job on a temporary basis.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Oh ok, gotcha Stephanie.  Funny thing, the job I’m getting laid off from was also meant to be temporary when I took it, 2½ years ago lol …and it was a step in the right direction compared to what I had before, I really wanna take another step forward now if I can… which,, I guess if I can line up a string of temporary jobs that are actually temporary I could just do whatever??  Lol that might be kinda fun!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 99

Samantha.

I am a electrician. High and low voltage. HVAC tech. Auto tech. Motorcycle tech. Boat tech. Tool & die machinist. Cell technician. We had a new 911 system installed in our whole area. It uses cell technology. I helped put it in and test it. It was top secret. I am a gun smith. PC repair technician. I can repair TVs stereos. I own my own PC repair shop & Auto shop. I even owned a FFL gun shop. I closed that a bit ago.

Male me built a 9 foot tall Tesla coil. Its powered by a 26kv pole pig. Tungsten rotary spark gap. I used acrylic tubing, not PVC and hand wound and counted the turns. It puts out about 18 foot lightning strikes. Its loud as all hell.

Hugs.

Natasha💋💋

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Yea, I worked in the trades for a couple decades, dont get me wrong I enjoy the work but the memories I have of the trades are: on call all the time, asshole customers, never knowing when I’d get to come home or for how long, and bosses who treated me like i was their property.  Not the life i wanna go back to.

Lol and they wonder why they can’t find people who wanna work in the trades around here, haha!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:

Hi sweetie.

I am good now. I am back on CDH..

My aunt had 20 some years at her place. So I can be understand her heartbreak. I will tell her what you said. She’s a sweet lady. She phones Natasha every Saturday.

I would go en femme. Nice secretary job. 😀 or similar.

Hugs Samantha

Natasha💋

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Good to hear Natasha!  What a nice aunt you have there, wish I had an aunt like yours…

Secretary…now that would be fun!  I’d prob be good at that.  Not sure I can type X words per minute tho, just ask anyone who’s ever seen me in the chat room lolol…

See this is what you get when you wanna jump from “mans vocation” to “womans vocation” … I can rewire your home from the ground to the meter but i type like 5 wpm lol

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:

Samantha

I am so sorry to hear about this hun. Its never a good thing. My aunt got furlough from her job in April Then they let her go just now. She’s heart broken.

I hope you find something you love. I would say you come here. I’d join with you. But our Hooters closed.

Huge hugs Samantha🌹

Natasha💋💋

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Fkn sweet, we found Natasha!!  Hey Natasha we been looking for you, how ya been?

Poor Aunt, please tell your aunt Sam said Hello & i wish her all the best.  Hmmm, I dont have a Hooters within an hour of my home lol “fake hooters” over here lolol 😅😅 but I mean maybe a waitress job at a straight place might be ok if they’re hiring, do you think I should go apply in fem?  Maybe I should do all job interviews in fem and see what happens?

Stephanie Green
      Participant
      Registered On: September 12, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 90

Sorry to hear about your job situation, Samantha.  With a child to support, I’d think your top priority would be getting a job, any job, so you can earn some money.  Of course, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look for something that you would really enjoy.  Look at the various job search websites.  You should be able to find something listed on one of them.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hiya Stephanie!  Well… you’d think my top priority would be getting any job but instead my top priority is taking this opportunity to live as I choose, if I can…after all, you wouldn’t want to date just any woman, or live in any neighborhood?  Since I’m not totally desolate I’d really like to find something that suits me instead of a job that requires me to conform to it’s own ridiculous demands!   But sometime within the next week I do plan on checking the job websites as well as the job board at the unemployment office.  Thanks Stephanie! ❤

Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Replies: 1438

Hi Sammy,

That’s a tough question, and I wish I had the right answer for you – but I don’t.  My elder son is in much the same situation as you.  He was a warehouse manager, and lost his job early on.  At age 54, and with no “papers”, he has been in a bind ever since.  You do have perfect timing to start a new, femme career; but it needs to be something you can enjoy doing, or you will soon grow to hate it.  I heard that truck drivers are in demand, and I know of one who is CD, and has a regular vlog on YouTube.  For now, I can only wish you luck.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Bettylou,

Well first off, God bless your son and tell him Sammy said “Hi”

Lol it’s hard to imagine myself driving a big truck, lol it may take a couple phone books for me to see over the wheel haha… tho I do like to travel…and so does my son…that’s something I’ve actually thought about in the past…its a great idea Bettylou, thank you!  Ever listen to Jim Croce?  “Speedball Tucker” is playing in my head now, lmao

Bobbi Sue
      Participant
      Registered On: September 15, 2020

Being unemployed sucks, and unfortunately I have no solid advice.   I do like that you’re looking at it as an opportunity.  That tells me you’ll be ok. You go girl. ❤

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Awwh thank you Bobbi Sue ❤

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.