- January 9, 2022 at 8:20 pm #605613BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 1977Replies: 316Has thanked: 815 timesBeen thanked: 1648 times
this is exciting…
usually, as manager, I have the job of putting up forum posts about rules and people doing wrong stuff, and other yucky stuff. and I don’t let y’all respond, because I don’t want to keep defending the rules as they are, it just gets old…
anyway, this is a fun post!
we are going to have an essay contest. this is for non-staff members only. the prize will be a very nice one, I promise!
right now we are looking for topics for our contest… it’s not a poll, just a request for ideas.
so, submit your suggestions for a topic by Jan 15. the judges (who are so anonymous that they haven’t been chosen yet) will pick the topic, then there will be two weeks for submissions.
essays should be approximately 500 words. if you can’t convey an idea in 500 words, I’m going to fall asleep reading it…
so, right now, submit your topics, and next Saturday our anonymous judges (who will NOT be managers, by the way) will choose the topic for the contest…
I’m hoping by next week to announce what the prize will be… and it will be an EPIC prize! I promise!
PS the managers reserve the right to remove suggestions and submissions should they be deemed inappropriate…
- January 18, 2022 at 7:08 am #613128Dawn JudsonAmbassadorRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 15Replies: 194Has thanked: 471 timesBeen thanked: 917 times
Aw shucks, ma’am. I missed the deadline.
- January 18, 2022 at 7:06 am #613126Lenora JamesDuchessRegistered On: September 13, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
Curious, so has a topic been selected yet?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 14, 2022 at 12:38 pm #611686MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 136Has thanked: 713 timesBeen thanked: 846 times
My suggestion for a topic is “Coming Out” Just that alone without any further descriptors or guidance to allow for a broad range of responses.
This may have already been suggested but I have not yet read all of the prior posts.
- January 14, 2022 at 1:34 pm #611695
- January 13, 2022 at 1:30 pm #611380KimmieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 4Replies: 273Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 1229 times
Knowing that you can never pass, are there any circumstances in which you could ever feel comfortable being fully dressed, but presenting as a male? In a perfect world, would you be willing to go to such a place and interact with others in the same boat?
- January 13, 2022 at 8:36 am #611250ImannnRegistered On: January 9, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 13 times
1.Learning one of the most vital contributing factors towards your relationships: acceptance
2. Exploring the highs and lows of coming out
3. Understanding your place in a CD life (i wouldn’t say ‘learning’ because theres nothing to actually learn because your place in their life has not changed to them [ie. The CD] , as a partner, however, its very important to actively *understand* this and understand that as much as you might view them differently, they are still the person you fell in love with)
I love the other topics provided, I am a partner of a CD (who very recently came out to me) and personally I just felt like these topics would be helpful to SO of CD.
- January 13, 2022 at 6:23 am #611206Cerys BurtonLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2021Topics: 69Replies: 222Has thanked: 210 timesBeen thanked: 1808 times
Where does the crossdresser/transvestite fit? Not TG, not gay, not on any journeys to becoming female. Where do we fit?
Permanent/semipermanent/long lasting changes made to enhance the CD experience…. Ear piecing, hair removal, hair style, evebrow shaping, salon nails etc.
The Crossdressing rollercoaster. The highs and lows of being a crossdresser.
The little things that make you smile…. The feeling of pulling on tights.Slipping into a well fitting pair of heels. Lipstick stains on cups, underdressing (you know, but no one else does). When your pillow smells of your perfume. etc etc
The closet. is the door firmly shut? Is it ajar? Does it open widely, but still get closed. Have you kicked it open and broke it off the hinges?
- January 13, 2022 at 5:16 am #611186AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 12, 2022 at 2:33 pm #610998
- January 11, 2022 at 11:51 am #606615Coral WentworthDuchessRegistered On: July 12, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 115Has thanked: 346 timesBeen thanked: 502 times
The General perception of Crossdressing (MTF) today and what can be done to bring us to the reality of acceptance by the general public worldwide. What would that change for you personally? Do you think that would end the misconception of Crossdressers being dirty or Gay? Although it has gotten better in the last decade or two and I’m sure there are other genders that experience some discrimination or stigma, it seems like we are the last ones who have yet to receive acceptance as a group or gender by the world. These are my thoughts looking at the fact that so many Crossdressers still have to keep their true selves hidden as to keep from harm or personal loss in one manner or another, even from their own loved ones.
- January 10, 2022 at 11:55 pm #606441MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 957Has thanked: 4975 timesBeen thanked: 4523 times
Just like the famous Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene where John Cleese asked “What have the romans ever done for us?” and got inundated with uplifting answers.
“What has cdh ever done for me / us?”
- January 10, 2022 at 11:18 pm #606437Stephanie AstonLadyRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 98Has thanked: 631 timesBeen thanked: 490 times
- January 10, 2022 at 8:33 pm #606418BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 1977Replies: 316Has thanked: 815 timesBeen thanked: 1648 times
this is going to be so much fun to watch…
just call me “spoon”, I like stirring the pot sometimes!
- January 10, 2022 at 11:28 am #606218
- January 10, 2022 at 11:07 am #606211Peta MariLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 571Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 2876 times
- January 10, 2022 at 10:45 am #606207Ciao TopazLadyRegistered On: April 2, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
- January 10, 2022 at 10:28 am #606197Twilla ThompsonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 3, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 58Has thanked: 159 timesBeen thanked: 320 times
- January 10, 2022 at 10:11 am #606155Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 152Has thanked: 300 timesBeen thanked: 773 times
I have a afew ideas:
1. The highs and lows. I think many of us have gone through ups and downs and cycles in our dressing. Purge, purchase, repeat; fear, excitement, confidence, shame, resistance, longing, fear, etc. I think a topic that captures this aspect of dressing up could be fun, and helpful to many of us.
2. Perfect day en femme? What’s a fantasy day you’ve always wanted to achieve en femme? What would the day look like? What would you do, what outfits would you wear? Where would you go?
3. Funniest, best, worst moment dressed up?
- January 14, 2022 at 6:41 am #611573
- January 10, 2022 at 8:31 am #605886Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 30Replies: 968Has thanked: 4140 timesBeen thanked: 4169 times
Letting your feminine side out 100% on a night out in company. What would you wear? Where would you go? Who would you go with? How would you feel? How would others react?
- January 10, 2022 at 7:49 am #605764
- January 10, 2022 at 6:40 am #605745
- January 10, 2022 at 6:38 am #605743Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 704Has thanked: 4026 timesBeen thanked: 3322 times
- January 10, 2022 at 6:33 am #605741
- January 10, 2022 at 6:22 am #605735Nancy GammsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 14Replies: 279Has thanked: 127 timesBeen thanked: 834 times
- January 10, 2022 at 5:16 am #605723Lacey CynLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 209Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 965 times
- January 10, 2022 at 5:11 am #605720
- January 9, 2022 at 8:28 pm #605617
- January 9, 2022 at 8:21 pm #605614BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 1977Replies: 316Has thanked: 815 timesBeen thanked: 1648 times
oh, yeah… submit your ideas for topics here, in this forum posting…
as I said, the judges will choose the topic on Jan 15
- January 13, 2022 at 8:27 am #611248Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1502Has thanked: 9679 timesBeen thanked: 7354 times
Not the grammar police by any measure but basic grammar makes posts easier to read and more interesting. Its little things like paragraphs instead of one huge run on body of words and using periods to end a sentence. Oh and be sure to thank others, thanks are free.
Sorry to get off topic, back to your program now
- This reply was modified 8 months ago by Michelle McQueen.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.