Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m just taking the next steps in my journey with womanhood and haven’t purchased any makeup yet. I have asked my wife a few questions in regards to her experience with foundations and looked at many articles about makeup tips for crossdressers.

Here’s my problem. I understand the importance of matching one’s skin tone. I have mixed ancestry and experience dramatic changes in my skin tone over the course of a year. Do any of you ladies that venture out have differing seasonal makeup styles and colors because of variations in skin tone? Do you do skin tone matching often at a cosmetics counter/store? Do you just say screw it and keep the same foundation and colors all year?

Emily
      Lady

I tend to change with the seasons to some degree. In the summer my skin is darker obviously from more time spent in the sun. In the winter and spring it’s lighter. I have a number of different shades of foundation and powder that I use to match my skin tone for the seasons. Lipstick colors can vary as well to compliment your overall face tone. Besides, buying makeup is fun! I have never had a professional makeup analysis done, but have always wanted to. Perhaps it’s in my future? Experimenting with different shades and colors can be time consuming, but once you have it figured out, it makes all the difference in how you look and feel. Hope this helps. Have fun!

Thanks, Emily. I am definitely going to do some experimentation. I might have to keep some different foundation shades on hand as my skin tone changes dramatically over the year. I suppose the good news, for me, is that if something doesn’t quite work, it may be perfect a few months later.

[postquote quote=407247]
      IlI wish I could find a foundation that was better than sorta close.   Then I’d have this problem.     Instead I tweak my foundation  every time.   I’ve got foundation correcting drops to cool it off, but usually adding some blush works better.  Usually it’s passable. Some times its gawd awful.

Thanks, Bobbi Sue. I had no idea that foundation correcting drops were a thing. That’s definitely something for me to consider.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Mika, I have much the same problem. I tan very well, so winter to summer my skin tone changes quite a bit and I have about four different foundation colours which I use. That still doesn’t cover all the changes I go through, but seems to be adequate.

Amy

I think that’s what I’m gonna have to do as well. Perhaps, I might even get a bronzer to help me darken some lighter foundations if needed.

Yes, although I usually try a little contouring anyway, so it’s all part of the mix! I have been to various makeup consultations at different times of the year, so have quite a selection…

I put together a lengthy list of starter makeup and plan to go stock up next weekend. I feel like I’ll need several different consultations throughout the year. Once my seasonal job kicks in, in March, I’ll start getting darker. By June, I will be extremely dark (with a farmer’s tan) because I work outside so much. So, I anticipate, at least, two more visits to Ulta by Summer.

Not sure how it is over there, but I would certainly recommend going for a makeup session where you usually get to effectively get the lesson for free, but have to spend a certain amount on cosmetics, either out of politeness or due to the way in which these things are structured.

In a normal environment, that’s how it is where I live. However, the COVID has put that on hold in my state for now.

Hi Mika

I mustered the courage to go to a beauty counter to get colour matched. Feel I was treated like she would have treated a woman, even got a complimentary make up lesson and mskeover.  Soooo much fun. So glad I overcame the barrier in my head, got the right shade of foundation, was shown how to apply it properly, had a great time, and left looking fabulous.

❤️B

Things are a bit restricted where I live because of covid. I think I can do skin tone matching to get the right foundation and such though. Gonna go to a nearby Ulta within the next week to get started. Hopefully, the health crisis gets better soon and I can take advantage of their full services.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?