skirts, types and your preferences

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Natalie Taylor 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

fiona moss
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 88
    Replies: 590

hi girls, its that fiona again!! ok skirts! I must admit they are my favourite type of clothing. I spend more time choosing these than any other type of clothing I own. but whats your favourite type, colour and length? I wear age appropriate ones, because as you all must know by now, I am a teen girl. short skirts are a must with studs, zips etc on them. I do prefer patterned types, but will also wear plain too. A-line skirts are my favourite although I do own pencil skirts too.

so the question today is what skirts do you prefer and why?

fiona xxxx

• Author
    Replies
     Natalie Taylor 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 10, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

Well for this girl skirts have always been my favorite over dresses . More options with mixing and matching skirts and tops … and with a smallish wardrobe optionality is key. My style is office/professional … most of my skirts are knee length .. a few a mid length . I prefer pencil skirts and pleated of fan fold type mids .. I prefer floral or patterns over solid colors .. but have both. This summer I bought my first denim skirt.. it’s just above the knee and I love it with a simple t or a sleeveless top.. Simply put nothing makes me feel more feminine or girlie than a skirt .

1 user thanked author for this post.
     SometimesLacey 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 5, 2018
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 85

I have a thing for Denim Mini skirts, bare leg and ankle boots

i have a few Denim Mini’s, posted a couple of pictures in public photos of them.

have a couple of really nice dresses as well but will opt for a mini and top most of the time, have moved away from stockings or tights with the mini in favour of bare leg

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Fiona,

I am not as brave as you…I wear a hemline just above the knee, I feel more feminine in that ..

I do enjoy skirts, I like ‘A’ line, straight & specially flowy skirts so nice to feel the gentle breeze slightly move the skirt again ones legs as you walk…I love many colors depends on the outfit I wear…mood, weather & location..

I enjoy the gentle fabric and styles.

Karen

fiona moss 
    Ambassador
    Topics: 88
    Replies: 590

oh! bobbi, that had me in stitches! ‘looking like a turnip’ lol. I have to admit I am not keen on long denim skirts or indeed, long skirts in general. I like to show a bit of leg, whether that’s right or wrong, I prefer it that way.

love fiona xxx

Bobbi 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 13, 2018
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 256

I love most types of skirts. It depends on the look I’m going for.
    I can go anywhere from “streetwalker” to “church lady”, & anywhere in between.
    The only ones I hate (I mean, really REALLY HATE) are long denim skirts, & “Balloon skirts”.
    (you know, the ones that make you look like a turnip!). They were a product of the 80’s, & I hope they NEVER come back!
    My preferred look, is “office professional”  (pencil skirt & silk blouse).

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Nancy Gamms 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 1, 2017
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 70

Have always loved pencil, a line, and flare but have mostly had pencil with a few exceptions.  Am starting to get into an A line mood but my wardrobe has gotten too big so I may need to get rid of a few pencil skirts.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0.85em 0px; direction: ltr; font-family: ‘open sans’; font-size: 14px;”></p>

Michelle Liefde 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 27, 2018
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 584

Hey Fiona,

Big fan of the A line skirt and Pencil skirt.  But then again, I just think skirts are a lot of fun.  So many combinations with blouses, sweaters, etc.

Victoria Egger 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2017
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 52

HI

I have a fair amount of everything. At 71 my legs are still very nice looking so I can wear minis. I have some semi-formal maxi’s that I wear for Christmas and New Years and other special occasions. I have a couple of skater Dress also. I have all different colors but blue and green are my favorite.

Love,
    Vicke E

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Laura Lovett 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 18, 2018
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 205

I love the 50s look too, but prefer above the knee skirts as I have shapely calves.

I prticularly like flared skirts that catch the breeze but wouldn’t wear one on a windy day!

Also work skirts – I like a smart work look, and the typical skirt that gives a nice shape to the hip area makes me feel business like in a really feminine way. I do all business related calls dressed this way as it makes me feel on point but in a manner that comes across as relaxed. I’ve been complimented on my telephone style too often to rule it out as coincindence!

I have a couple of short skirts, and love the swish of a long skirt… too many to choose from.

Never really tried a seriously mini skirt – my legs are good (with opaque tights to hide the varicose!), so will try one in the new year.

Nice topic, Fiona!

Love

Laura

Roberta Thomas 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 15, 2018
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 99

I like a variety of skirts, A line,pencil,midi,floral print.I like a short length but it has to be below the knee for me now that I am in my late fifties.Always wear tights with my skkrts,either black opaaue or natural.Currently I have thirty nine skirts in my wardrobe.My wife who is fully supporting of my feminine side will be buying me some skirts for Christmas.

Suzanne Collins 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 30, 2018
    Replies: 11

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Pencil skirt gal here.  Love them.</p>

Skyler 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 12, 2018
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 131

Mini bodycon (leather or not) Why? Idk. Goes with anything, shows off my butt and legs, makes my legs look longer.

sarasue olson 
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

Celeste.

I’m happy to hear others like the 50’s look. My dressing started in the mid 50’s and with the help of my loving sister and some of her friends  I inherited A horde of skirts dresses petticoats as well al the other neat things girls wear. I still love the 5o’s look I still have A poodle skirt and several petticoats as well as some fancy lacey panties, and still love all those vintage clothes . I also love Pendleton plaid wool skirts, as for dresses soft velvet is my favorite.

Sarasue

Celeste Starre 
    Participant
    Registered On: June 26, 2018
    Replies: 37

I have skirts of all types and lengths.  I’ve been on a 50’s kick for the past couple of years so I’m into full skirts and mostly dresses with full skirts. Basically anything I can wear a petticoat under.  I love both the look and the feel.  I have loads of dresses with full skirts thanks to Amazon selling them from  as little as  $8 to around $15.  Fearless leaders tariffs I think put an end to that but they are still pretty inexpensive.

I bought just two full skirts. One black and the other white with black roses.  I like to wear them with twin sweater sets.

Celeste Starre

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account