- A-line (or flared) 47.45% 121 votes
- Pencil skirts (all types) 46.67% 119 votes
- Miniskirt (all types) 46.67% 119 votes
- Pleated (schoolgirl look) 32.16% 82 votes
- Denim Skirts (all lengths) 29.02% 74 votes
- Bodycon skirts (figure hugging) 24.31% 62 votes
- Leather skirts (all lengths) 20.78% 53 votes
- Ruffle skirts 15.29% 39 votes
- Tartan or checked skirts 9.41% 24 votes
- Sports skirts such as Tennis or Netball etc 7.45% 19 votes
- Ballerina skirts 5.49% 14 votes
- None of these (please specify in the comments) 3.53% 9 votes
- September 7, 2019 at 12:31 pm #218876Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 368Replies: 1176Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3773 times
Skirts!! we all love them dont we? but what is your favourite type? I am only going to list the more common types as there are loads!! my apologies in advance for any i have missed but you can specify yours below in the comments 🙂
Love and kisses, fiona xxx
Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 13, 2022 at 12:26 pm #638507Carmen CruzLadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 341Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 1982 times
Way too short skater skirts for me. The flare hides my narrow hips for a more feminine appearance. The minimal length draws attention to my legs, to further hide my narrow male waste line. It’s a daily for me and don’t see that changing anytime soon… especially because of the sex appeal.
- April 13, 2022 at 12:16 pm #638506Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 280Has thanked: 281 timesBeen thanked: 804 times
I mostly wear dresses but skirts are nice. Pleated or old school is my favorite. I look for colorful and floral dresses. As soon as I find one I am looking for another. You can’t get enough dresses and skirts. You have to look for the right one to put on before heading out the door. Not enough dress shops to walk through, but when you find one you can loose yourself in there. I spend some time online shopping for them. You just have to look around and ask them where to go.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 13, 2022 at 6:53 am #638443Riley McCortLadyRegistered On: September 10, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 70Has thanked: 88 timesBeen thanked: 351 times
Love love love ALL kinds of skirts! My Two faves are pencil and minis. I have slim athletic legs (5’9″ and 150 ) so I can pretty much wear anything cute n short. Love pleated ones. I have a mini thats Black and just below my butt cheeks with a cute tie piece on the 3″ wide waste band then pleats down from there. Super super cute!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 6, 2022 at 7:59 pm #634202Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 144Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 452 times
Hi Fiona, I only have bodycon or pencil style. Most are in black, but a few in red, white, sequin or denim. All are above the knee and most have some stretch fiber in them for perfect fit and walking ability. The same usually goes for my dresses. Marg
- March 29, 2022 at 8:14 pm #632345Sofía Alejandra Hurtado EspinozaLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 58Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Hi girls, this question was difficult for me haha, in the end I chose my 3 favorite types of skirts which are: pencil skirts, because I love how they hug my body and make my curves shine, in addition to being perfect for both formal looks and more casual looks,
pleated skirts (schoolgirl look), because I always felt attracted to the skirts of the uniforms for women of the schools where I studied so much that to this day I still look for them and use them, besides the fact that I think they can create varied looks, and last but not least, the plaid skirts, I love them the looks that can be created with these have a rebellious and punk style, perfect for when you want to embrace your wild side,
I had a lot of fun answering this survey, greetings to all, with love, Sofia
- March 29, 2022 at 6:00 pm #632335Denise LittleDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 48Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 187 times
Love short pencil or skater skirts. Skater skirts are fun on a windy day since you never know what is next, great with tights in winter. Preference for jeans skirts since most f public outings are casual. I keep more modest when out extensively and around SO. On great advantage to dresses is that you can mix different sizes for tops and bottoms.
- March 27, 2022 at 8:41 am #631725Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 945Has thanked: 4466 timesBeen thanked: 3981 times
Pencil skirts are one of my most favorite just below the knee. Feels great in hip and butt padding to show off the hose and heels I am wearing. The restrictive feel of walking makes it easier too in high heels. For summer casual street wear I like long cotton skirts like peasant skirts with a cute top and sandals. Minis and skater skirts or fun and girlie but feel I am too old to wear those in public now but do wear them to events.
- March 27, 2022 at 7:05 am #631675Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 816Has thanked: 881 timesBeen thanked: 3654 times
I voted pencil. My skirt collection is mostly pencil, I just love the tight hip hugging looks, and if it is tight enough (coupled with my hip/butt pads), I get really noticable vpl.
Most of my skirts are just above the knee, with a few at the knee.
- March 27, 2022 at 5:39 am #631658Samantha Elizabeth AndrewsLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 32Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
- November 25, 2019 at 7:53 pm #252754
- November 23, 2019 at 11:17 am #251968DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 855Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2340 times
I checked a number of different types. I tend to prefer short skirts. However, by “sports skirts” do you mean skorts? I have a number of those also. I like to wear them as I worry a bit less about keeping my legs closed. I am always aware of how I sit, but it is a bit less stressful when wearing a skort…
- November 22, 2019 at 2:26 pm #251789Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 762Has thanked: 51506 timesBeen thanked: 1869 times
I have two black pencil skirts; one with an elastic waist and the another has a back zipper and hook and eye. I also have a lite purple faux suede wrap pencil skirt. They’re my favorites and I love the feminine shape they give me. I also have a denim skirt. My skirts are a length of 20 to 26 inches, which have them fall above or below the knee. I want more skirts in my wardrobe, but I haven’t found many that appeal to me. I’m very picky about the material and the length. I also have a little difficulty putting separate skirts and tops together.
- September 29, 2019 at 5:08 am #228617Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1842Has thanked: 1432 timesBeen thanked: 5485 times
- September 25, 2019 at 11:14 pm #227250Roni CalinLadyRegistered On: August 13, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 154Has thanked: 972 timesBeen thanked: 486 times
- September 27, 2019 at 4:44 pm #228052
- September 23, 2019 at 10:19 pm #226439Danii DoorsRegistered On: August 28, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 41Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
- September 24, 2019 at 3:57 am #226464Gillian BrownLadyRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 293Has thanked: 553 timesBeen thanked: 501 times
Hi Danii, M & S have a few lovely skirts at the moment despite the company’s rather frumpy image. I have my eye on a short ruffle hem skirt and a pink satin pencil skirt, both look rather feminine although perhaps a bit young for me! Gilly.
PS. I don’t work for them!
- September 21, 2019 at 7:08 am #225258DavidamaeLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 231Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 481 times
<p style=”text-align: right;”>So far … I’m just amazed at the variety and choices in materials, styles. They gamete of fabrics, feels and how uniquely each one fits. I’m coming to the end of my first year of Dressing so I’m still doing a lot of experimenting. The one constant choice for me has been … just below the knee.</p>
- September 16, 2019 at 4:10 pm #223531Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5239Has thanked: 7394 timesBeen thanked: 13315 times
I love maxi length skirts and denim skirts. About a month ago I was browsing in a shop and founds a maxi denim skirt that falls to mid calf. It did not have an elastic waist but fit. Yay!!
this summer I’ve been wearing a skort. The skorts I’ve found were just above the knee to mid thigh. A skort is a skirt with shorts underneath. I believe the skort is more common to attire worn for golf or tennis. I’ve found, black, navy, gray and white skorts.
- September 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #220729Rachel PlainLadyRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 249Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
- September 9, 2019 at 10:20 am #220070Helene BockLadyRegistered On: September 17, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 85Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
I love pencil skirts, with the right shapewear under and a waist-clincher it gives a super feminine shape plus ofcourse a girdle smoothing the shapes and lace top stockings. It took a little training though to learn to go up and down staircases and into taxi, but wow what a pleasure!
- September 9, 2019 at 6:57 am #220008Cherrie LlewellynLadyRegistered On: January 10, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 61Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 143 times
- September 9, 2019 at 5:20 am #219986Michelle WilmingtonLadyRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 81Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 373 times
- September 9, 2019 at 4:08 am #219971LadyRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 293Has thanked: 553 timesBeen thanked: 501 times
One or two girls have mentioned slips/petticoats. Are they still “in fashion” or do the younger generation think they are old fashioned? It appears in the UK to be difficult to find a pretty one, either full or half, with a lace bodice and/or hem. Any suggestions? Gilly.
- April 6, 2022 at 8:11 pm #634203Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 144Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 452 times
Gillian, I still use a half slip under some of my skirts or dresses (especially leather ones) that don’t have a lining in or are deemed too see-through. It’s handy for me to keep a black, white or beige half slip in the closet. Marg
- September 16, 2019 at 4:05 pm #223530
- September 10, 2019 at 6:35 pm #220715Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 373Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
There is an on-line store called House of Olivier that specialises in cotton petticoats / half slips. I’m sure if you put their name into duckduckgo (or even google – but Ihate being spied on) you will find them. Quite expensive though – but good.
I love wearing one of these petticoats with the lace edge showing under a ditsy A-line skirt. Really comfy but vintage and sexy (IMHO).
My fav’ though has to be the classic pencil skirt, particularly if its made of sateen, good quality linen or best of all leather.
Mmmmmmm – nappa leather pencil skitrts!
Take good care girls
- September 9, 2019 at 7:42 pm #220282Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 819Has thanked: 664 timesBeen thanked: 3457 times
Gillian, you can find petticoats on ebay (used) or via online stores. Except for square dancing or other performing dancers, or cosplay, petticoats are not worn. They may also worn under formal gowns when you want volume. Occasionally you might see tulle skirts which look like petticoats worn without an over skirt
- September 8, 2019 at 4:44 pm #219825sarasue olsonLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 27Replies: 257Has thanked: 1059 timesBeen thanked: 1413 times
Long before I started crossdressing and was about eight I loved to see the girls in their colorful plaid skirts and pretty sweaters, at that time I had no thoughts of wearing girls cloths myself. when I was about fourteen the idea of me wearing such things really kicked in and with the help of my older sister and some of her friends giving the things they no longer wore my desires were met big time. I loved the feel of skirts with slips and panties underneath. My most fondest memory was A poodle skirt and the fluffy petticoat I wore underneath it. I also had several pretty plaid kilt type skirts and plenty of nice sweaters and blouses to make my outfits complete. Unlike many CD’s I didn’t have to hide my things and have terrible guilt feelings as my parents were OK with my dressing mainly because dad and his brother were also crossdressers.
- September 8, 2019 at 2:59 pm #219784Roberta ThomasLadyRegistered On: September 15, 2018Topics: 63Replies: 535Has thanked: 1284 timesBeen thanked: 1144 times
I love pencil skirts and floral skirts.I adore pencil skirts,love wearing them with natural tights or 40 denier black tights.I wore mini skirts a lot from my early thirties to mid forties but wouldn’t consider it these days as I become a more mature lady.If I go for anything short it has to be just below the knee.
- September 8, 2019 at 11:26 am #219633AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I love most skirts as long as they are knee length or shorter I’m not so stuck on midi or maxi skirts, a nice black pencil skirt looks nice for a secretarial look, and a nice leather mini skirt looks great for a biker girl look, a skater skirt looks great for when you want to look like a cheer leader xxxxx
- September 8, 2019 at 5:03 am #219358Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1842Has thanked: 1432 timesBeen thanked: 5485 times
Ever since I was 4 I loved wearing pantyhose with pumps and a shirt that looked like a short dress and show my legs. Over they years as I became a crossdresser, it was always the love of wearing pantyhose with heels and a short dress or skirt to show my legs.
That’s my love and passion, so it’s always short.
- September 8, 2019 at 4:19 am #219354
- September 8, 2019 at 1:34 am #219287Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6400 times
I like to keep mine in almost all styles, to at least knee or mid-thigh length. Denim is my all time favorite material, for any length. A-line and flared are best for my body shape. Used to love my mini’s, but with age comes a little modesty. I do own and wear a few maxi length in several different materials too.
Leather and vinyl I could never pull off no matter how hard I tried, just didn’t like them. I got into the gypsy look several years ago, but it was always too thin to wear in the cooler weather of winter with the wind chills around this part of the country.
My all time favorite are the sundresses and beach cover ups that have gotten my attention the last couple of years. You girls should look into the Riviera Sun line, inexpensive and every color and pattern you could think of.
- September 7, 2019 at 11:35 pm #219268
- September 7, 2019 at 4:36 pm #219084patty williamsHostessRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 90Replies: 1559Has thanked: 2807 timesBeen thanked: 6062 times
- September 8, 2019 at 5:43 am #219368DavidamaeLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 231Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 481 times
I’d like to say, “ Yes, I luv them all” but Can’t. The short, mini skirts just don’t seem age appropriate for me personally. I prefer below the knee for length. There are SOooo many styles and materials. I do like experimenting and of course there’s always at least ONE exception… the type I didn’t think I’d like … until … I tried it on!
- September 7, 2019 at 4:24 pm #219077
- September 7, 2019 at 4:03 pm #219072Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 819Has thanked: 664 timesBeen thanked: 3457 times
I’m sorry, did I miss it? Was Yes a choice? Lol
In addition to my selections, which were mini, pencil, A-line, leather (or pleather), denim, and pleated, I also like circle skirts. They are great for putting petticoats underneath. They are also easy to make, too. (I had a store bought black one, and just made a blue one for an upcoming party.) I also have a narrow maid’s dress that flares at the bottom into a mermaid shape. I also have a few skorts. I’m not sure if they fit into the category of sports skirts or not. Two are made of material that could be considered a sport skirt, but another is definitely more dressy.
- September 7, 2019 at 3:19 pm #219039
- September 7, 2019 at 2:27 pm #218979Vicki SmytheLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 92Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 327 times
- September 7, 2019 at 1:37 pm #218921AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
A timely poll. In many ways, my guy persona is quite different from Bettylou; but we DO have one thing in common, and it’s denim. Black denim trousers or blue jeans for one, and ladies’ jeans or denim skirts for the other. And since my wife gave the OK for me wearing skirts at home, it’s been blue denim skirts every day. Hey! I’m a Texan; is there anything else?
- September 7, 2019 at 12:53 pm #218887AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- September 7, 2019 at 1:30 pm #218914AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Sorry , I missed Ann in Fiona- Ann , btw that’s simply beautiful xx
- September 7, 2019 at 12:50 pm #218884
- September 7, 2019 at 12:36 pm #218879AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.