• Author
    Replies
      Simone C
      Participant
      Registered On: January 23, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 117

Ladies,

Like many of you I adore slips, full and half. As many of you said, they work well to get dresses, skirts and blouses to fall elegantly and move smoothly. They also I find smooth the body curves a little and hide things like bra straps a bit. And a little peek of satin and lace under the hemline when the skirt/dress rises is quite a thrill.

Bear in mind some dresses/skirts have their own lining and I have had occasions where the slip and lining “fought”, something to do with the texture of the material. The lining of the skirt caused the slip to ride up all the time, meaning I had to adjust it back down and straight frequently.

Be careful around zippers, I got a half-slip caught in the zipper once and not only damaged the slip, I almost had to cut myself out of the skirt!

Also, if you wear a skirt with a rear zip and need to do a zip-and-rotate to get the zip straight at the back it will twist the slip with it and you need to straighten the slip.

S

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Gillian Brown
      Participant
      Registered On: May 22, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 295

Mary Anne: let us know how you get on!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Mary Ann Summers
      Participant
      Registered On: April 29, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 101

I think I need to go shopping for some slips!!! Yipee!

Samantha Roarke
      Ambassador
      Registered On: April 17, 2019
      Topics: 41
      Replies: 1011

Just adding my 2 cents. I don’t own any slips, but I wear more jeans and shorts. I have been known to throw a dress on here and there. I don’t see the need for the slip in my world.

Thanks, SR

Mikayla Welsh
      Participant
      Registered On: April 29, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 58

thank you for this question and tge discussion.  It seems to awoken a memory long forgotten… i now remember trying on my mom’s half slips when I was a boy… previously, my earliest memory of crossdressing was a bit later in life, as a grad student… i appreciate the help in finding this memory.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 35
      Replies: 473

To be honest with you there’s nothing I love better than we’re not silky half or whole slip under my dresses and the feel of them on my panties and pantyhose is electric maybe that’s just me I don’t know 💋

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Anne Wesley
      Participant
      Registered On: August 14, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 17

I own several dozen slips, full and half from minis to floor sweepers. I always wear a slip. I love the way a slip feels caressing my nyloned legs and make my skirts and dresses flow. And I love to wear just the right length so that a hint of lace show when I sit or stand just so.

I am a slip fan.

Anne Wesley
      Participant
      Registered On: August 14, 2018
      Replies: 17

I own a couple dozen slips, full and half from mini to floor sweeper. I would not feel dresses without wearing one. Aside from how a slip reels caressing my nyloned legs, they make some skirts flow nicely and I love wearing one at the perfect length to let a little lace show when I sit or stand just so.

Yes, call me a slip lover.

ANDREA RAVEN
      Participant
      Registered On: December 21, 2017
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 284

The first thing to remember is the real purpose of a slip. A slip acts as an intermediate layer to separate your body from the dress itself, this has many advantages, it helps to smooth the overall appearance, it allows the dress to move free of the body so will hang better  and look better, older dresses were designed to be worn with a slip, without, they just will not work as they should. A slip is essential under thin material as it stops the ‘see through effect’ and in cooler weather it can also act as a extra layer for warmth, plus a glimpse of a slip under a dress has a magical effect! A slip works better than a sewn in lining of a dress as it is free to move separately from the dress itself, attached linings don’t do this they move with the dress which sort of makes the lining almost a waste of time.

So to answer your question, should we all be wearing slips? My answer is most definitely!!

Felicity D’Amor
      Participant
      Registered On: July 16, 2020
      Replies: 26

hi beautiful ladies, i like slips, but i don´t have any at the moment, i want to buy it but now is not possible, but surely i will buy it to complete my wardrobe, hugs felicity

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Carla Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: May 14, 2017
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 263

I think it depends on the dress…quite a few of my dresses have lining so nothing shows when light shines on the dress. I also use culotte slip instead of a regular slip sometimes when a dress really needs a little more material.

Carla

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 2063

Hi Joyce,

I have enjoyed wearing slips for many years.  Under a thinner dress they should be required as the sunlight shows your underneath.

Alice

Alina
      Participant
      Registered On: August 23, 2020
      Replies: 107

My first cross, I put on a slip, loved it. Now I will buy half and full slips. I was about 14, had just  found out about wet dreams, spoke with my Mom about it, I think that’s where I got the idea. Now I can handle igt.

sarasue olson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 169

I have always loved slips, to me they are the frosting on the cake. The feeling of the silky Lacey material under A dress or skirt is fantastic. And yes they also make for something special to sleep in.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Wendy Swift
      Participant
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Replies: 264

In my early years of dressing, I loved slips, I had full and half slips.

I currently own on full black slip, and a shorter nude coloured one.  I must be lazy, as I rarely wear a slip with a dress, + plus the slip I have is just a tad longer than the dresses I own and it is a faux pas to wear a slip longer than your dress.

I have skirts with no lining, so at times I would wear the half slip with those skirts.  But again, I am getting lazy and I just wear non lined skirts as is.

Gillian Brown
      Participant
      Registered On: May 22, 2019
      Replies: 295

I just adore wearing slips! Full with a dress and half with a skirt. Some slips make lovely nighties. Only problem nowadays is finding nylon, rather than polyester, ones with deep lace hems apart from on vintage clothing sites. Everyone loves the glimpse of a slip!

Laura Lovett
      Participant
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 429

I don’t know about should – depends on how warm it is!

It was a slip that first tempted me to finally try on a female item, back when I was 10.

I saw it, and could no more resist trying it on than I can resist breathing.

It’s hard to explain why – I loved what it looked like, and imagined what it would feel like to wear – that often happened to me as a child, but this time, the item was in a drawer, in the room I was sleeping in, not unobtainable and on a girl or washing line.

As far back as I can remember, I wanted to wear girls clothes.

That never went away, so now I do – and slips in cold weather?

You bet!!!

Love Laura

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.