- August 27, 2020 at 9:31 am #378253Joyce FranceParticipantRegistered On: August 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 7Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 46 times
- August 30, 2020 at 6:04 am #379220Simone CParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 113Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
Like many of you I adore slips, full and half. As many of you said, they work well to get dresses, skirts and blouses to fall elegantly and move smoothly. They also I find smooth the body curves a little and hide things like bra straps a bit. And a little peek of satin and lace under the hemline when the skirt/dress rises is quite a thrill.
Bear in mind some dresses/skirts have their own lining and I have had occasions where the slip and lining “fought”, something to do with the texture of the material. The lining of the skirt caused the slip to ride up all the time, meaning I had to adjust it back down and straight frequently.
Be careful around zippers, I got a half-slip caught in the zipper once and not only damaged the slip, I almost had to cut myself out of the skirt!
Also, if you wear a skirt with a rear zip and need to do a zip-and-rotate to get the zip straight at the back it will twist the slip with it and you need to straighten the slip.
- August 30, 2020 at 4:04 am #379148
- August 28, 2020 at 2:49 pm #378676
- August 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm #378633Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 38Replies: 722Has thanked: 1315 timesBeen thanked: 1352 times
Just adding my 2 cents. I don’t own any slips, but I wear more jeans and shorts. I have been known to throw a dress on here and there. I don’t see the need for the slip in my world.
- August 28, 2020 at 1:08 pm #378630Mikayla WelshParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 46Has thanked: 326 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
thank you for this question and tge discussion. It seems to awoken a memory long forgotten… i now remember trying on my mom’s half slips when I was a boy… previously, my earliest memory of crossdressing was a bit later in life, as a grad student… i appreciate the help in finding this memory.
- August 28, 2020 at 5:34 am #378476AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 35Replies: 473Has thanked: 1230 timesBeen thanked: 1371 times
To be honest with you there’s nothing I love better than we’re not silky half or whole slip under my dresses and the feel of them on my panties and pantyhose is electric maybe that’s just me I don’t know 💋
- August 28, 2020 at 3:12 am #378455Anne WesleyParticipantRegistered On: August 14, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 42 times
I own several dozen slips, full and half from minis to floor sweepers. I always wear a slip. I love the way a slip feels caressing my nyloned legs and make my skirts and dresses flow. And I love to wear just the right length so that a hint of lace show when I sit or stand just so.
I am a slip fan.
- August 28, 2020 at 3:08 am #378453Anne WesleyParticipantRegistered On: August 14, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 42 times
I own a couple dozen slips, full and half from mini to floor sweeper. I would not feel dresses without wearing one. Aside from how a slip reels caressing my nyloned legs, they make some skirts flow nicely and I love wearing one at the perfect length to let a little lace show when I sit or stand just so.
Yes, call me a slip lover.
- August 28, 2020 at 2:35 am #378449ANDREA RAVENParticipantRegistered On: December 21, 2017Topics: 6Replies: 261Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 509 times
The first thing to remember is the real purpose of a slip. A slip acts as an intermediate layer to separate your body from the dress itself, this has many advantages, it helps to smooth the overall appearance, it allows the dress to move free of the body so will hang better and look better, older dresses were designed to be worn with a slip, without, they just will not work as they should. A slip is essential under thin material as it stops the ‘see through effect’ and in cooler weather it can also act as a extra layer for warmth, plus a glimpse of a slip under a dress has a magical effect! A slip works better than a sewn in lining of a dress as it is free to move separately from the dress itself, attached linings don’t do this they move with the dress which sort of makes the lining almost a waste of time.
So to answer your question, should we all be wearing slips? My answer is most definitely!!
- August 27, 2020 at 7:29 pm #378381Felicity D’AmorParticipantRegistered On: July 16, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 86 times
- August 27, 2020 at 5:10 pm #378351Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 258Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 892 times
- August 27, 2020 at 4:34 pm #378344Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1742Has thanked: 497 timesBeen thanked: 3050 times
- August 27, 2020 at 12:49 pm #378295AlinaParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 50Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 105 times
- August 27, 2020 at 12:30 pm #378290sarasue olsonParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 160Has thanked: 438 timesBeen thanked: 724 times
I have always loved slips, to me they are the frosting on the cake. The feeling of the silky Lacey material under A dress or skirt is fantastic. And yes they also make for something special to sleep in.
- August 27, 2020 at 10:06 am #378264Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 205Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 630 times
In my early years of dressing, I loved slips, I had full and half slips.
I currently own on full black slip, and a shorter nude coloured one. I must be lazy, as I rarely wear a slip with a dress, + plus the slip I have is just a tad longer than the dresses I own and it is a faux pas to wear a slip longer than your dress.
I have skirts with no lining, so at times I would wear the half slip with those skirts. But again, I am getting lazy and I just wear non lined skirts as is.
- August 27, 2020 at 10:01 am #378260Gillian BrownParticipantRegistered On: May 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 286Has thanked: 457 timesBeen thanked: 424 times
I just adore wearing slips! Full with a dress and half with a skirt. Some slips make lovely nighties. Only problem nowadays is finding nylon, rather than polyester, ones with deep lace hems apart from on vintage clothing sites. Everyone loves the glimpse of a slip!
- August 27, 2020 at 9:49 am #378257Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 311Has thanked: 852 timesBeen thanked: 1286 times
I don’t know about should – depends on how warm it is!
It was a slip that first tempted me to finally try on a female item, back when I was 10.
I saw it, and could no more resist trying it on than I can resist breathing.
It’s hard to explain why – I loved what it looked like, and imagined what it would feel like to wear – that often happened to me as a child, but this time, the item was in a drawer, in the room I was sleeping in, not unobtainable and on a girl or washing line.
As far back as I can remember, I wanted to wear girls clothes.
That never went away, so now I do – and slips in cold weather?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.