Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Please… I’m hearing just the occasional mention.  I can’t believe I’m the only girl who doesn’t feel undressed without, that sliver of material.  The choice, whether half or full: that something under a blouse, the pull of that extra strap of a full slip; that little bit extra a half slip gives to a heavy, long,  pleated skirt…

Donni
      Lady

Nope. You’re not the only girl.  I love slips. They make a huge difference!

Anonymous

Thanks for the comment…Nicola.

Hi Nicola, I hadn’t tried one yet. But I’ll certainly give it a go now. I love having a camisole on so….

Anonymous

Thank you, if you’ve found camis I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.  I started my first reply almost as a slips 101, and stopped.  I’ve got so many!  Match a favourite skirt, with quality hose, to half slip of felt quality : there’s a certain sheerness, like hose.  You’ll know!  Then you’ll be hooked: sorry.  Toodle, Nicola

C

Definitely wear them! They make your clothes move wonderfully, cover a manner of sins and I love the extra straps over my shoulders.

i own several in many colors and absolutely love them

Anonymous

A box full to play mix and match with, the worst is getting the length right with that just above or just below knee skirt.  And your just wanting to get dressed!  Toodle, Nicola

I started my CD journey in the 59’s and all the girls wore slips, when my sister gave me my first dress she also gave me A full slip to wear under it. it was A thrill I will never forget, later I was given A lot of skirts and both full and half slips that I cherished. I still love slips and frilly petticoats and am so said to see so many women don’t wear them anymore.

Anonymous

Yes, I remember the 50’s, petticoats – waiting for my trawl of charity and vintage shops to turn one up, then I’ll need that particular frock to go with.  Do find slips though, Nicola,

Anonymous

I simply adore slips … full and half . I’ve always felt they are one of the most feminine girly items we can wear . They feel so good under my dresses and skirts . I really enjoy the half slip camisole combo . The light elastic at the waist and the additional shoulder straps constantly remind me what I’m wearing ( as if I really needed more awareness ) I will lounge and sometimes sleep in a full slip.  “Miss your slip is showing” …. “ oh I hope so” 💋

hugs

Nancee

Anonymous

Thanks, they give that certain: ‘Je ne sais quoi.’  That little extra: laced edged, and femme.  Toodle, Nicola…

Hello Nicola, No, you’re not the only girl that likes full/half slips.  I have 2 full slips, 1 black, 1 white and 3 half-slips. I also have about 4 camis.

Anonymous

Ta from Tassie (loved The Hunter, the landscape, if not the rednecks!).   I think you need more slips for the winters you must get there from the South.  Toodle, Nicola…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I love slips and half slips and have a nice collection in many cases with camis to match.

But an Australian summer does not like me or them, so its winter only.

I also adore cami and french knicker sets, escpecially in silk. Plus a good collection of camis to wear with panties instead of the ‘orrible make equivalent!!

I’ve been increasing my number of wide strap cami’s cos when my So gives me a hug, there’s no tell tale strap adjusters!!!

Caty

Anonymous

Ideal for Melbourne winters (Peter Temple fan)?   While an English summer never quite defeats a slip, long half slip with a light pleated skirt, it can hose.  Toodle, nice pics…

Anonymous

Another name for a full slip is a petticoat.
      (One of the first feminine items I ever tried on – loved that silky feeling and the lace).

Have any of you tried petti-pants?
      Sort of like half slips, with legs – still silky/satiny with lace if you want.
      They come in various lengths, from some that are like tap pants or boxer shorts to quite long.

Great if you wanta slip feel, under your drab.
      I’m wearing some which are ankle length under my jeans – I’m still very aware of the satin and lace as they tickle my legs.

Gail Rich
        Lady

My sister’s petti-pants were one of the first items I ever wore. I loved them, but haven’t seen them in years.

Clara
      Lady

I always wear a cami, my short skirt doesn’t is to short even for the shortest half slip, I always wear a half slip with my longer skirt and full slip with my dress rain hail or shine regardless how hot it is.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You are not alone! When I was younger it was always worn under a dress or skirt and I never forget what my mother said to a sister ‘You must always wear a slip’ and when I dressed I had one on and didn’t feel properly dressed without. They were available everywhere back then and were adorned with lace. Today they are few and far between so luckily I have collected plenty over the years and wear one daily.

I love my slips and camisoles the only time I do not wear a slip is when I’m wearing a short sundress.

Hi your not alone if I am wearing an unlined dress, then I always wear a full slip it just feels so nice. The same is said for an unlined skirt a half slip also gives a lovely silky feeling against your legs.
      Sarah xx

I don’t wear a full or half slip during the day but do wear a cami with lace at the hem and at the neckline when under-dressed.

When it is cool I sleep in a full slip down to my ankles and large so it is not confining. In the summer I wear a short slip/petticoat, though these very hot days in FL I sleep nude.

Is slip USA usage and petticoat UK? My mother in the UK always said “petticoat”. Best, Marlene.

You know, I don’t think I have ever worn a slip in all my years of dressing. I remember my mum having a full length pink one hanging on her wardrobe door but I definitely never took the opportunity. Lisa xx

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I have a lovely black full slip that I often wear in the evenings just to lounge around in. All of my skirts & dresses that may need slips have one already sewn in except one unlined denim dress & for that I use my full slip.

Slips are definitely on my “want it” list but I’m mostly in leggings, slacks, and jeans so I haven’t prioritized them.

Yes I don’t wear them as much as I use to but I do have many full and half slips , lots of camisoles to match the half slips. I do wear a full slip under my sweater dresses a lot and slips are the second piece I added after my beloved pantyhose I tried many years ago. Before I had much clothes ( pre coming out to my wife days) I wore a slip with pantyhose a lot with my first pair of heels . Love the way the 2 feel together.

Anonymous

Thank you, been meaning to say hi.  Love the work you do on the site, the support you give; and trust things will work out with your gentleman friend.   I think you mentioned one somewhere – still getting to grip with the site’s navigation, apart from this being on a new laptop (and Windows 10!).  Hope that wasn’t being too forward.  Love your exaltation to the slip – have a boxful, almost gets difficult to mix and match: a delicious problem – but Nicola’s not sure she would invoke the Lord!   Toodle, ta for the comment…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?