- I have worn some women's clothes, but never dressed fully as a woman
- I have been out shopping for women's clothes or makeup or shoes, presenting as a man
- I have ordered women's clothes or makeup or shoes or accessories online
- I have told somebody other than a family member about my crossdressing
- I have told a family member about my crossdressing
- I have attended a crossdressing support group meeting
- I have attended a crossdressing convention lasting more than one day
- I have gone out for a drive dressed up fully like a woman
- I have gone out shopping to a CD/TG specialty shop
- I have bought one or more wigs at the wig shop letting them know they are for me
- I have had a makeover done at a retail store
- I have had a makeover done by a professional MUA at their studio
- I have driven my car to a different city at least 100 miles away while presenting as a woman
- I have gone to watch a movie or a play while presenting as a woman
- I have eaten at a nice restaurant while presenting as a woman
- I have flown in a commercial flight while presenting as a woman
- I have had a manicure and/or pedicure at the nail salon while presenting as a woman
- I have underdressed at work or some family function
- I have spent more than one week presenting full time as a woman
- I have dated a man who knows I'm a CD while presenting as a woman
- I have dated a man who doesn't know I am a CD while presenting as a woman
- I attended an appointment with my therapist while presenting as a woman
- I have told my therapist about being a CD
- I am out at work
- I have visited a full transformation service
- I have spent one full day presenting full time as a woman
- I have been stopped for a traffic violation/speeding while presenting as a woman
- I have spent more than three days presenting full time as a woman
- I have been to a hair salon to get my hair (natural or a wig) cut / styled
- I have pierced my ears and they remain pierced today
- Used the women’s restroom when out presenting as a woman.
- Had a professional bra fitting
- I pierced my ears but let them heal
- I have worn a wedding gown
- I have tried on women’s clothes at the store
- I have had a studio photo session
- Shopping for non crossdressing related items while presenting as a woman
- Other (Ran out of ideas!)
- April 10, 2022 at 7:38 pm #637673Gabriela RomaniFounderRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 988Replies: 463Has thanked: 406 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
It is true that we all are at different places in life, and more specifically when it comes to our crossdressing. Some are just feeling the itch to get started, some are feeling the itch to go beyond. In any case, we do things which start adding up to our crossdressing stories.
So, I’ll create a list of things that either I have done, or people I know has done, and let’s see how many you have already done.
Note 1: If you don’t identify as a crossdresser, it is likely this poll may not have interest to you. No worries, that’s ok, you don’t have to participate.
Note 2: There is no sequential order on each one of the steps.
Note 3: if you want, you can delete your previous responses so you can include answers to questions I may add from time to time.
- This topic was modified 5 months ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: Added a few options after Stephanywy mention of her piercing her earlobes
- This topic was modified 5 months ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: Added some answers suggested by Jin
Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Sandra James, Michelle Davis, Polly Stewart, Jane Mansfield, Brittney Andrews, Samantha Lynn, ChloeC, Lauren Mugnaia, Bobbi Watt, Sofía Alejandra Hurtado Espinoza, Christy Hunter, Leonara, Jenn Curious, Rayna Carlian, BillieJay, Denise Carpenter, Katherine Leigh, Cassie Jayson, Michelle Bailey, Terri Johnson
- May 28, 2022 at 9:19 am #648424Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 974Has thanked: 4670 timesBeen thanked: 4154 times
I have check off most of the boxes but must say I have no interest in flying on a major airlines not dating a man that didnt know I was a cd. Everything else is a thrilling adventure
- May 27, 2022 at 10:25 pm #648307
- April 22, 2022 at 11:52 am #640479Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 766Has thanked: 51876 timesBeen thanked: 1888 times
been out shopping for women’s clothes, shoes, and make-up as a man.
told someone other than a family member about my CDing.
attended a CDing support group meeting.
gone out for a drive dressed up fully like a woman.
gone out shopping to a CD/TG specialty shop.
had a makeover done at a retail store.
had a makeover done by a professional MUA at their studio.
been to a hair salon to get my natural hair cut.
had a studio photo session.
tried on women’s clothes at the store.
- May 20, 2022 at 10:27 am #646518
- April 20, 2022 at 9:30 pm #640133MonaRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 109 times
I haven’t done many of the things on the list, but one that felt like a big mile stone was just to be fully dressed as a woman head to toe. For the polls sake the caveate would be being fully dressed, but never leaving the house. I did take lots of pics and have shared them in the next step below.
Another step, which was not in the pole, but felt important to me, was presenting myself as a CD on CD dating sites. Part of that includes posting pics to attract potential dates. A lot of guys on those sites are pretty sketchy, but I would chat in my femme Mona persona with many of the better looking ones who seemed more normal and interesting. It was interesting learning how to talk and respond within that relationship dynamic. Since I can’t yet bring myself to leave the house dressed, it’s probably unrealistic that I would go on a real live date, even if I found someone that I connected with. But I see it as an important step. It’s not just dressing femme, but I really had to think about acting, talking, responding, behaving, and relating in femme ways within a relational dynamic where I am supposed to be the “weaker” more submissive partner.
Anyway, just a few thoughts.
- April 22, 2022 at 2:42 pm #640525Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 988Replies: 463Has thanked: 406 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
Sorry, but the dating site experiences are definitely not in my areas of interest, so just not something I would have thought about including in my poll.
But it is kind of funny because you brought some memories of my interactions with admirers in different chat rooms. Most men there (and in many dating apps) really couldn’t care less about the person they are interacting with. They are looking for a hookup. So, to each their own… definitely not my cup of tea.
- April 20, 2022 at 7:09 pm #640130ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 602Has thanked: 2215 timesBeen thanked: 2812 times
Well, I see I’m in good company. The top seven on the list, I also checked, as well as a few farther down. As Carolyn Kay wrote, sure are a lot more things I could have done, or maybe I’ll still get a chance to do some. added – oh yeah, gone swimming wearing a once piece (and two piece once!) swim suit in a full sized pool presenting as a woman.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by ChloeC.
- April 27, 2022 at 12:46 am #641565Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 947Has thanked: 1463 timesBeen thanked: 3238 times
I would love to go to the pool presenting as fully female… alas, I wear a wig! Strangely enough, when I compare my burgeoning boobies to the man boobs around… I’m tiny compared to some of these men!!
💋💋💋 poppin’ Polly
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 20, 2022 at 11:02 am #640057Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 348Has thanked: 3571 timesBeen thanked: 1857 times
I have come out completely at work and everywhere else, so in all of that process have checked off most of the boxes. I have completed my social transition and now it may be time to move to the next chapter. I had open heart surgery last summer and because of that didn’t think HRT was an option as there can be possible issues with blood clots. Yesterday my cardiologist called with the results of my latest lab tests. One of the questions he asked me was how my health was doing. I said I felt great and told him about my being transgender and transitioning, asked why he was inquiring. He congratulated me and said that my tests indicated a massive drop in stress levels and said that my coming out as TG was probably the reason why – no longer carrying the burden of having to hide your true self in the shadows forever. I asked about HRT and he said that, with the meds I am on that control my cardiovascular system and the healthy results of my tests, that there shouldn’t be any problem with hormone. I do have to consult with my family doctors and then have another consultation with an endocrinologist, but it is nice to know there is a real possibility I can go on hormones, even at my age.
Other things that I have done that weren’t listed:
-Had a custom bra and breast form fitting at a specialty lingerie shop – as a trans woman.
-Been taken out for tea at a fancy hotel, as a woman.
-I am now a Sephora and MAC insider with all the benefits, now I always go in as Lauren, a woman.
-Work full time as a trans woman at my job.
-I now present full time in public as a woman.
The other major thing in my life as a trans woman will be moving in with a lady as her full time roommate, she is fine with my living full time as a woman. Wow, never imagined this could happen..!!
- April 20, 2022 at 5:18 pm #640105Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 988Replies: 463Has thanked: 406 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
Hi Lauren and congratulations on this hopefully joyful stage in your life!
Yeah there are things you have started doing which are simple everyday life to cis-females and you will be doing more and more which just are not applicable for the non-transitioning cd/tg, so was pointless adding them in this poll.
Again, congrats, and really, happy for your life “going your way”
- April 20, 2022 at 8:42 am #640026Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 538Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 1729 times
Been whistled at.
Had a professional bra fitting.
Been told you are pretty by strangers.
Worn a woman’s swimsuit at a public pool.
Walked around the locker room in your panties.
Admitted to sales help that you are shopping for yourself.
Been propositioned at a bar.
Asked “Does this outfit make me look fat?
Purchesed tires while a woman.
Been asked to dance by a cute, straight guy.
Used the “Ladies”
- April 22, 2022 at 3:00 pm #640532Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 988Replies: 463Has thanked: 406 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
I have updated the survey to include a couple of the items on your list. Others are… well, not quite “basic” crossdressing stuff.
Fear asking, but walking around the locker room in your panties” doesn’t sound like a “goal” or something to do.
Anyway, like they’d say in France… vive la différence!
- April 19, 2022 at 12:11 pm #639872Sofía Alejandra Hurtado EspinozaLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 63Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 239 times
Hi Gabriela, It is a very interesting survey and while I answered it, it made me remember some of my experiences that undoubtedly made me smile more than once, it was really fun to answer and it also helped me to consider certain experiences to have and live in the future, greetings to all
- April 14, 2022 at 7:24 pm #638809Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 663Has thanked: 1492 timesBeen thanked: 1733 times
For me this is such a timely poll! There are many things on this list that I haven’t done, and will probably never do. But I’ve done one really BIG ONE!!
I attended my VERY FIRST crossdresser/trans convention, the Keystone Conference, from 3/23/2022 thru 3/27/2022. Imagine spending 5 full days dressed in full femme from wig to heels, including makeup, in the company of over 500+ other crossdressers, trans-women, even a few trans-men! During that time, I had my nails professionally done, ate en femme at three fine dining restaurants (with other CDs, of course), and met with many friends from CDH at a specially-organized get-together hosted by Leah Santini (of CDH).
For this über-closeted crossdresser, attending Keystone was and is the single most wonderful thing I’ve ever done in my life, drab or femme, and I will remember it forever!
- April 17, 2022 at 7:44 am #639349BobbiJo CLadyRegistered On: March 29, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 83 times
- April 17, 2022 at 7:18 pm #639477
- April 14, 2022 at 8:41 pm #638825Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 988Replies: 463Has thanked: 406 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
I don’t have to imagine… and now you don’t have to imagine either! 🙂 Congratulations!!
I pick a million times living with the memories than living wondering how things may be…
Cheers to your checking a few items from the list!
- April 14, 2022 at 1:57 pm #638738Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 464Has thanked: 597 timesBeen thanked: 1635 times
I hadn’t thought that I had done very much… But to see that I checked off about 2/3 of that list..
It made me think, cool! I’ve done SOMETHING…lol.
It actually made me feel good to see that I have made some progress,
Thanks for the poll!
- April 17, 2022 at 6:16 am #639334
- April 14, 2022 at 3:28 pm #638758Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 988Replies: 463Has thanked: 406 timesBeen thanked: 2294 times
You are very welcome!
I remember that after I had started going out, I was somehow looking for new challenges. There are things in this list that I have done that I never thought possible as a CD. Yet at some point I decided to try them, and I’m just glad I did!
The few things I haven’t done include going out on a date (I’m married, so dating anybody, male or female is just not something I’d do). And I have pierced my earlobes but let them heal. And I’m not out at work. I don’t have any reason to be.
So, of course I’m not an expert in all these things… but I have done them, so I’m happy about it. And have a laugh about those who label themselves as experts in all things and have done… nothing! 🙂
- April 20, 2022 at 8:45 am #640027Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 538Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 1729 times
try going on a date with your wife. You dressed as a woman and her dressed male? We occasionally do and it is great fun.
- April 12, 2022 at 7:42 pm #638375StephaniewyLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 198Has thanked: 897 timesBeen thanked: 1086 times
- April 12, 2022 at 6:44 pm #638363Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 58Replies: 1019Has thanked: 2387 timesBeen thanked: 4669 times
For me the highlights on your list for me were getting my hair colored at a salon and getting my nails done at the nail salon. Sometime in the (near) future would love to go to a convention and meeting some of you wonderful ladies face to face.
- April 12, 2022 at 1:24 pm #638303MacKenzie AlexandraManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 675Has thanked: 181 timesBeen thanked: 1840 times
I could have probably clicked many more except that I do not generally present as a woman from shoulders up (rarely makeup / never a wig) though I usually wear feminine attire on a daily basis. To understand me statement, I will refer you to my profile photo.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by MacKenzie Alexandra.
- April 13, 2022 at 8:38 am #638461Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 58Replies: 1019Has thanked: 2387 timesBeen thanked: 4669 times
MacKenzie, You just go to prove that we are all at different places and desire to go different places. When I go out in fem I want to present myself as feminine as possible. Looking at your profile picture I have to look twice, something in my head just does not go together; but I am guessing if I were to meet you in person that I would see how happy you are in yourself and comfortable that way and we would be good friends.
- April 12, 2022 at 3:26 am #638124Alice BlackDuchessRegistered On: January 18, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 245Has thanked: 447 timesBeen thanked: 714 times
I checked several boxes. I told my sister after my wife figured it out. I have used a makeover service a number of times. I have gone shopping for fem items while drab and done a lot of shopping for fem stuff on Amazon. And, I have shopped at cd specialty store.
- April 11, 2022 at 10:38 am #637952skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 119Replies: 1342Has thanked: 629 timesBeen thanked: 1914 times
Done about 90% of the options listed-mainly the ones I missed were those involving wigs(i have my own hair); cd specialty shops/transformation services(too pricey) and dating guys(not attracted to guys (though would not ABSOLUTELY rule it out if the right person came along). Been to 8-10 conventions, stealth dressed until few years ago, not completely out at work but sure people suspect, out everywhere else in the world-flying driving shopping eating playing pool at local bars etc.
- April 11, 2022 at 8:27 am #637761
- April 11, 2022 at 3:20 am #637715Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 844Has thanked: 685 timesBeen thanked: 3556 times
I’ve checked many of the boxes, and others are borderline.
I have been out shopping for women’s clothes or makeup or shoes, presenting as a man and as a woman. There was a Dress Barn 1/4 mile from my home and I’d often go in dressed as a man to either browse or pick up online orders. As they were in their last months before closing their brick and mortar stores, I went in en femme as well. One sales associate looked at me, recognized me and said hi.
I have ordered women’s clothes and shoes and accessories online.
I have told the women who wax me about my crossdressing. They were curious about my wanting to get my legs waxed so I told them. I’ve had three women over the years.
I have told my ex (spouse at the time) and my adult kids about my crossdressing. I dress in front of two of them all the time. I’m not counting people in my support groups or the woman who ran the transformation business, those are kind of obvious.
I have attended a crossdressing support group meeting.
I have attended a crossdressing convention lasting 5 days.
I have gone out for a drive dressed up fully like a woman. To and from my support groups, or just running errands. After driving my daughter to college, I would drive home en femme, and reverse it when picking her up. Since that was 500 miles away, that also qualifies as “I have driven my car to a different city at least 100 miles away while presenting as a woman.” One time while I was driving about 500 miles from home (getting ready to pick up my daughter to take her home), there were warning signs that my alternator was about to go. There was no place to change As luck would have it, I found a sign for a national chain of repair shops where I was able to get the alternator replaced by the end of the day. Although I wasn’t able to pick up my daughter until the next morning, it all worked out.
I have gone out shopping to a CD/TG specialty shop once. It’s more of a warehouse than a shop, but you can make an appointment to go there (one person at a time).
I have bought one or more wigs at the wig shop letting them know they are for me. In fact, our support group has had people from a wig shop come over every year for the last few years, including this weekend. A couple of times we went to their store, but they moved and their new store is very small so they brought some wigs to us instead.
I have gone to watch a movie once, been to three Broadway shows (I saw Hair, Casa Valentina, based on the book Casa Susanna about a crossdressing resort in the Catskills north of New York City in the 1950’s, and Kinky Boots), as well as an opera about Stonewall while presenting as a woman.
I have eaten at family restaurants (sometimes diners, sometimes a little more fancy, but nothing too extravagant) while presenting as a woman. I have also gone out a couple of times to bars with my CD friends while dressed.
I have had a manicure at the nail salon while presenting as a man while getting my nails painted, once before a show I was in, and once before the convention I went to.
I underdress almost all the time, even if it’s just panties. Often I stealth dress, where everything I’m wearing is women’s clothing; it just looks close enough that no one questions. This includes panties, women’s jeans, woman’s tee shirt or other androgynous looking top, women’s socks (sometimes women’s trouser socks, other times women’s low rise ankle socks), women’s shoes (usually flat, but sometimes I’ll wear boots if the weather is bad, and sometimes I’ve worn chunky heels). And I might even be wearing a woman’s cardigan or jeans jacket. Occasionally I’ll wear tights instead of socks, or pantyhose and no socks.
I don’t have a therapist, but we did talk about my being a CD once or twice with a marriage counselor. But we had bigger problems that we couldn’t resolve, and ended up getting divorced.
I have visited a full transformation service. In fact, that’s how I really got started going out. I was out driving a couple of times before, but this (even though later) was the real birth of Alison. The woman gave me a makeup lesson as well as a makeover. She gave me a bra and some old foam forms to take home, as well as clip-on bangs. After the makeover I went out with her to the diner. She also threw parties at her home (and occasional trips outside the home, for example see the Stonewall opera above) and I attended almost all of them as it was my only chance to be me.
I have spent many days presenting full time as a woman. During the pandemic, I was dressing for most of the day almost every day. There were a few times I would have to appear as male for short periods, but then would go back to presenting female. One year, I spent three days dressed as a woman. My daughter was going to be spending the semester studying abroad, but the marching band was going to be playing during the inaugural parade. I drove her to college. I spent 3 days en femme, including one day working remotely from the hotel, before changing back to pick her up and drive her home. Later that year I spent 5 days at a convention, including stopping off at the cemetery (which was on the way) to visit.
I haven’t been stopped for a traffic violation/speeding while presenting as a woman. But one night I came back from an event dressed and had to pick up my daughter at the school who was returning from a marching band show. Because it was Diwali, the police wouldn’t let us enter the school’s main entrance (they rented the school for their Saturday night festival, and the parking at the school was full) and I had to talk to officer to find out if they would let us in through the back just to pick up the kids.
Another time I got into a car accident while dressed. Someone made a turn in front of me while I had the right of way and I couldn’t avoid hitting them. Fortunately I only had minor bruises from the exploding airbag and the other party was OK too. And I gave the ambulance personnel my male name when they came to check me out.
I have been to a unisex hair salon (even though it’s mostly women) to get my hair cut (just trimmed and the grey colored out) for many years, all with the same stylist.
Other? Many others. I have been a couple of times to the beach in a women’s one piece bathing suit. I regularly take walks through my neighborhood presenting as a woman, and people even wave, say hi, or make other small talk as we pass. I even bought an ankle length quilted nylon coat so I can wear a skirt or dress even in the winter while out for walks. I went to one of my friend’s parties in a hotel in a quinceanera gown with a train. I have gone out the last two years on Halloween walking through my neighborhood wearing a pink poodle skirt and petticoats, and a white top and white sneakers, and lace top socks. I have done shopping locally dressed en femme. I’ve been out at a friends party dressed (and one time locked multiple times before handing over the keys) as a maid. I had a bridal makeover and photo shoot. I think I’ll stop here.
- April 11, 2022 at 2:03 am #637711Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 432Has thanked: 1763 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
- April 11, 2022 at 3:58 am #637719
- April 10, 2022 at 7:43 pm #637677Tina QueLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 58Replies: 298Has thanked: 1196 timesBeen thanked: 1758 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.