Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies
      For all you ladies who are closeted like me a problem I am now encountering is a smart doorbell, my wife has the app on her phone and see who comes and go’s from our house. To make matters worse my neighbour’s directly opposite also have one, so will be able see the comings and goings. Any of you lovely ladies encountering this problem, love to hear if you have this problem.
      Love Sarah

Hi, Sarah. Technology often brings unforeseen problems. But no I do not have that particular problem as I am too dumb to have a smart doorbell. But watch out, next will be a camera in the house accessed from her smart phone. Luckily I am out to my SO. Maybe it is time for “the talk”, or at least put a toe in the water. Best, Marlene.

If it’s a Ring I know you can snooze the camera from the app. Other brands might have that, too. That won’t help with the neighbor, of course. You might want to check out the article on leaving the house discreetly here on CDH.

It only snoozes it on that device, not all of them, and it still records, it just doesn’t notify. You can turn off motion detection though, that stops recording and notifying altogether on all devices.

To be safe Sarah, I’d turn it off before you leave, then turn it on again once you are out of detection range. Then when returning, turn it off before detection and on once inside. Otherwise, your wife may notice the camera is off and wonder why. Or worse, turn it back on while you are gone and catch you coming home.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I think the article Wanda suggested is your best bet if coming out is simply not an option.

I work in tech and I’m not a fan of smart technology.  Partly that’s due to unintended consequences such as this one, and partly because of cyber security and privacy concerns.  We all know where these devices come from.  I know for a fact that some are being used for malicious purposes.  I will never have one in my home.

We have a nest for the front and a camera/spotlight for the back.   I didn’t purchase the storage option for the nest, but the one in the back keeps images on the camera for 1 week.

I find the nest to be extremely useful.  I still wfh, and my work computer is in the basement.  When I am expecting a delivery, I view the camera from my nest hub to see when the delivery guy shows up, that way I am not a victim of porch pirates.  For the back, we had some sketchy people cut thru our yard often so the camera in the back helps there too.

Since my wife knows about Wendy, it is not a problem if she sees me on camera.  On top of that, she has no apps on her phone so she can’t view anyways.  Our neighbours don’t have any cameras in their back yard, but I have noticed quite a few neighbours have doorbell cams in the front.

Viewing video clips from the back camera, I can see what I would look like in full femme mode and it helps me make adjustments when I am Wendy.  For example, the way I walk, it is very clunky and drab like, so viewing myself walking I can conciously make tweaks in the way I walk so it is more feminine.

I have had issues with family members calling me with the FaceTime application at all hours.

Hi Sarah ,

I installed a Eufy doorbell camera and sometimes I like to dress and walk out to the car in the mornings before going to work or I dress and drive to work .

I was turning the camera off but then I will forget to turn it back on.

That made my wife mad so now I just let her see me .

I only Dress and go out if its dark .

My wife doesnt complain  too much.

I just hope my neighbors arent filming me .

But honestly I dont care too much.Its my life .

Huggs Patty

Anonymous

Sure do. I was home alone a few weekends ago and decided to get dolled up. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning up. I had filled the trash can, so it had to be taken out. I took the trash out and picked up a package that had been dropped off. A few minutes later, I got a call from my Wife asking me what I was doing. I told her I had cleaned up and was hanging out. She then says, “I just saw you take out the trash. It would be best if you were a little more discreet when getting dressed up. I’ll be home soon. Make sure my Husband is there.” When she got home nothing else was spoken about it. I did make sure to get back to my male self!

Diane Benson
      Baroness

We haven’t got a smart doorbell yet but my wife has suggested that we get one. It sounds like a nightmare to me. I know nothing about them other than comings and goings can be seen on a phone and no doubt my wife would want to be able to use her phone to check on things. I hope that the control box (if there is such a thing) can be switched off manually or from a different phone, otherwise it will meant that I won’t be able to leave the house en femme once we get one.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?