Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Putting just a little twist in a question that has been asked before: Do you smoke? I don’t but wondered about others.

gave up that nasty habit years ago, trying to get my youngest son and daughter to quit now

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Hard NO!  Tobacco smoke aggravates my allergies.  I avoid being around it as much as possible.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Like you, I hate breathing in others smoke, some can be so careless about others.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

I have never smoked but my parents were chain smokers until they discovered how unhealthy it is, then gave it up cold turkey, but years later it was still a factor in their deaths. The damage is permanent and subtracts 8 years on average from a person’s life.

When about age 4 my father had me make a record, reciting The Night Before Christmas.. when I got to the part “and the smoke encircled his head like a wreath” I started coughing because my father was smoking in my face and I pleaded with him to stop. I had bad asthma, which was aggravated by smoke.

Some vices are more damaging than others.. Smoking bad! Dressing good!

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

My Father died of lung cancer, he was a two pack or more a day guy, I learned from his mistake.

I never even tried one. My parents smoked and it made me sick. I remember long car rides and they would smoke and I would feel like vomiting. I have kids that smoke and I wish they would stop.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Oh yes, the car rides, there was always a cloud of smoke as both my parents would light up. I can remember being yelled at for opening a window.

Hi Carolyn,

No, I never smoked.

Alice

I never had the desire to smoke. I had a friend in high school that constantly tried to get me to smoke. I was well aware of it not being healthy for you and also didn’t have the money to waste on it either. But crossdressing, that I have know problem spending money on.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Peer pressure, I gave in a few times, when I was young. I maybe smoked a pack or two, but that was it. I remember once I had lipstick on, seeing the mark on the cigarette was different.

My mom smoked, and I had my first asthma attack at age 7. At the time they didn’t even have albuterol, I was just put into an oxygen tent in the hospital. As an adult, my lung capacity is decreased, and I’m sure second hand smoke is a factor. My mom eventually gave it up, but the damage was done.

At my Bar Mitzvah (age 13), it was customary to pose for a gag photo. I was laying with my head in my sister’s lap with a napkin over my forehead, a half empty bottle of liquor near me, an unlit cigarette in my mouth. My brothers had put matches in the toe of the shoe and looked like they were going to light it. I hated having the cigarette in my mouth (even unlit it was disgusting). There is a sign near me that says “Today I am a man.”  I really didn’t want to take the photo, but almost forced to, being told that someday I’d look back and enjoy it. Guess what? 50+ years later, I still hate the photo.

I never smoked, never had any desire to smoke, and don’t have the desire in the future to smoke.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I too know I have lung damage from breathing all the second hand smoke as a kid. I was tested when I was in my thirties when I joined a running team. The doctor asked me how long I had been smoking, I told him I didn’t. Yes, a smoking family hurts all in the family.

I do smoke very little, but actually more in femme mode. Wonder, if this is another means to distinguish between femme and regular male mode?

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I think the movie industry has made a woman smoking a sexy thing, I wonder if that’s where “smokin’ hot” comes from?

I am a former smoker. Even though I smoked my last cigarette in 1984, it doesn’t mean  I don’t still want to. It’s an addiction that I have never quite overcome, I just have not slid back as yet. Fortunately for me I am not around smokers frequently.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Congratulations, it’s very hard to quit, you go girl!!!

I quit smoking in 2007. Since then I may have had less than a half a pack with the last one a few years ago. My wife is currently trying to quit.

I cold turkey quit drinking alcohol in 1999 and I haven’t had a single drop since. Well except NyQuil when needed to sleep on a few occasions while having severe congestion.

My crutch right now has been with me almost the longest. I still enjoy the flavor of snuff. I’ve quit it once for two years but I met up with an old friend, he offered and here I am. I’m hoping to quit for good when I retire.

I actually dated two girls years ago that dipped snuff. In the military, I knew several girls that regularly partook of the product.

Hopefully soon, it will join the ranks with my cigarette’s and alcohol.

Rose

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I wish you well on your desire to quit the “snuff”, like any habit, it takes a lot of will power.

You know Carolyn, the only time I have no desire to partake nor do I even think about it, is when Rose can be her true self, fully dressed and made up.

Thank you for the encouragement. I just need the will power that I had with the others or, I just need Rose dressed 24/7.

I’ve never been a full time smoker, but used to enjoy having a cigarette when out drinking. I’ve not smoked for years, but have done as Katie in the past, and it did feel oddly quite sexy, just like when you leave your lipstick on a cup or glass when drinking, you do the same on the cigarette butt. They are certainly no good for you and I for one will not be going back to them, but smoking as a girl was just another experience. I still managed to run a half marathon recently, so hoping I’ve not done too much damage.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Oh yes, the lipstick marks, we have all fell prey to that. You seem like someone who takes care of herself, so leave the lipstick on straws not cigarette butts.

Ick! I once kissed a girl who smoked and nearly barfed!

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I don’t know about barfing, but it sure is not pleasant.

I kissed a girl and I liked it… but I wouldn’t have if she had been smoking.  Sorry, ladies – but as much as I love girls, I can’t be that interested in girls who smell like an ashtray.  Yes, I’ve broken that rule in the past – but I couldn’t do it again…  Holly XXX

Cathryn
      Lady

Maybe the better question is with all we know about smoking and it’s super negative health issues, why does anyone smoke at all? It is a guaranteed health problem that will lead to some disease that will kill you early.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Yep, all your dreams do go up in smoke.

Fully agree Cathryn, and that message seems to have finally cut through to the vast majority, at least in the UK. Its not just the risk of cancer but also heart disease and strokes. Strokes eventually got both my parents, who smoked all their lives, though they both made it into their 80s. One of the factors that convinced me to give up 20 or so years ago.

But if you recall in the 70s and 80s, even though we pretty much knew how bad it was for us, peer pressure to conform and media advertising was relentless. Almost everyone I knew back then smoked. You could smoke at work, on the trains and buses, and in theatres and restaurants. Seems so weird now, thankfully common sense has prevailed.

And yet, I can’t help finding women smoking sexy. Random.

Much love

Helen xx

I ticked no, as I haven’t smoked in over 20 years now. Before that I was a smoker, though not heavy, for maybe 20 years too. My wife does not smoke either, in fact I don’t actually know a single person who does now.

But here’s the thing. For some reason I find women smoking sexy. I have no idea why, though it may be due to the fact that my first girlfriend in my teens (and so the first real love of my life) smoked. Or maybe its the whole phallic imagery thing.

So curiously when I’ve been staging photos of Helen at home, I wanted her to be smoking sometimes. But without actually smoking myself!

So with a bit of digging around online I found some stage props that look like real cigarettes. Problem solved. Weird maybe but hey, we all have our things…

Much love

Helen xx

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I think movies and the advertising has done a good job of making women who smoke sexy. There is nothing more sexy than a woman hacking and coughing trying to breathe. Not!

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

Hi Helen.

I’m going to buck the trend and admit I’ve been a smoker all my life. I’m not proud of it, but I’m not sure that’s going to change anytime soon. Finding pretty girls smoking to be attractive and sexy is one of my guilty secrets so it’s quite comforting to hear a similar view from a friend.

Oh, I’m heading down to Whitstable for the weekend in a couple of hours so will be close to you. I’ll have the missus with me though so no chance of a meet up!

Hugs, Chrissie.

Hi Chrissie ooh not far, I know Whitstable quite well. Whereabouts are you staying? My wife is around this weekend too, and Whitstable is too near, and too popular with people who know me, to risk dressing outdoors!

Much love

Helen xx

Sherri Remington
        Duchess - Annual

Both of my parents smoked and my dad would take out his Zippo lighter and light two cigarettes and hand one to my mom, I just thought that was so cool, like something James Bond would do. So my 2nd girl friend was a smoker and wallah, there was my chance, I bought a Zippo and did the same. We dated for 4 years and I continued to smoke for 2 more years, when one day I woke up light a cigarette and it tasted disgusting and quit right then and there. That was 38 years ago and I don’t miss it at all and I have a hard time when I’m around smokers, I really don’t like working in their homes, that’s for sure.

Sherri

Hi Carolyn,Michelle here.My Mom had a very large family.As a child I can remember large family dinners where everybody smoked and after everybody went home there was a cloud of smoke in the house for hours.I have never smoked{Marty is 75 and Michelle admits to 44,lol}.After the ARMY ,I was a Chevy dealership mechanic for many years and was amazed at the number of cars and trucks traded in with tinted windows when the vehicles were not equipped with tinted windows from the factory.This was back in the 70s.A smokers car or truck was at times a very hard vehicle to resell because of all the odors and stains from the cigarettes.Smoking causes lung cancer and I know my parents,cousins ,aunts and uncles would have lived many more years if they had not smoked.I apologize for my rant,it was not my intention to be preachy.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I do remember the windows of the car being “tinted” with a yellow coating. Yuck. I also remember the ceiling tiles at restaurants being the same color.

I quit 30+ years ago and when I was married my X wife kept smoking so it was hard I couldn’t stand the smell after I quit. I was a 3+ pack a day smoker, it wasn’t easy!!!!!!! I’m so glad neither one of my girls ever took up smoking..

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

You definitely have some good will power, that had to be hard. I have 4 daughters and none of them ever took up the habit, made me happy.

Tobacco?  NO, not in guy or girl mode.  I did for a few years as it gave me the opportunity to loiter while dressed outside of hotels or similar.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

You paint an interesting picture, but you made the right choice to give it up.

I gave up crossdressing for 4 years because Rebekka was a smoker and I really had to stop, hopefully now that she’s back she’ll be an ex smoker too.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Definitely toss the cigarettes and get back into the bra, lol. Don’t let your true self go up in smoke!!!

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

I am an actuary and have researched the impact of smoking on cancer. Ever since about 1900 there was a secular trend showing a constant exponential increase in deaths that was rather predictable, at least through the 1980s. Circa 1980 research became evident that smokers have far higher mortality than non-smokers. Many insurers began offering lower rates for smokers, but many ignored the evidence for fear of losing customers and convinced themselves that cigars were ok (presumably smoke is not inhaled), chewing might be ok, or that any negative effects could be permanently reversed if one stopped smoking. All of those mind games eventually were disproved. Last I checked, the average lifetime for a smoker is 8 years shorter than for a non-smoker. Lung cancer is a leading cause, but as others have pointed out, there are many other impacts on the heart, etc. FINALLY the general population realized that the effects of smoking are largely irreversible, although it certainly helps to kick the habit as early in life as possible. So mortality rates have gradually improved. I was amazed that COVID did not trigger immediate reactions by insurers, as clearly it has proved a major risk factor. The tendency of most to ignore the obvious until it can be proved by results (higher death rates) that the obvious is true will never cease to amaze me.

As many have indicated, even second-hand smoke is damaging to others. I am building a house. I have banned smoking by the workers, which is nearly impossible for some of them, as it is so addictive, the resulting damage, including constant smoke breaks, has proved so damaging and disruptive that I have had to let the smokers go. Reduced employment opportunities is another seldom-cited negative consequence of smoking.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Thank you for all the facts and history.

Gail
      Lady

I’ve asked a girlfriend of mine if she ever Smoked after SEX—-

————she said “I don’t know, I’ve never Looked!”

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Lol, thanks for the laugh!!!!

Hippie
      Lady

I used to smoke but I quit smoking in the 1990s

Yeah, I’m an old man now
      Hippie

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Glad to hear you quit and remember you are only as old as you feel. I always feel younger when I femme up.

I also quit in 1999 after 30 years.  It is an addiction like any drug, still want to light up, but the urge not as strong.  No cancer , but lungs show some damage.  I miss a good cigar most,  sorta like Slick Willie  huh?  LOL

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Congratulations on being able to stick to it, I am sure your lungs are happier too.

I’ll have you know I’m a good girl!!!  So I’d need to negotiate …… doesn’t every girl have her price?…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?