- December 28, 2021 at 6:36 am #594708Katie PlowrightParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
As some of you have read in my profile, after a couple of failed attempts my SO has now accepted Katie into our home. Initially this was on the provisos that no dressing for meals and not when spending the evenings together. Also I was pretty much stranded upstairs in the house…..But…….I’ve just been told if you want to dress in the evenings and wander the house even during the day, feel free. Wow and wow, I feel very humbled. Hugs Katie.
To all of the sisters here at CDH never give up, you never know, one day.
Total of 56 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 5, 2022 at 7:01 am #633766Jaime DallasLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 106Has thanked: 308 timesBeen thanked: 758 times
- April 5, 2022 at 11:38 am #633826
- March 28, 2022 at 6:52 am #631941StephaniewyLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 152Has thanked: 608 timesBeen thanked: 840 times
Katie that is so great. The littlest encouragement from your SO can mean so much. Just this morning while having coffee with my SO, dolled up a bit, My wife just looked over and said we need to go shopping for stephanie soon. Needless to say I was over the moon.
- March 27, 2022 at 5:38 am #631657Emily SisLadyRegistered On: March 25, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
Acceptance is big for us for sure. I have recently been going through a bit of resistance in my arena, so remember that acceptance can often lead to a stronger resistance along the front. The battle may seem over and then off your flank you are taking shots over something you thought was well past accepted by now.
- April 4, 2022 at 10:23 am #633546Betty RockwellBaronessRegistered On: March 9, 2022Topics: 14Replies: 70Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 588 times
I’m new to this as my husband just came out about a month ago. I find that one day I’m accepting and want him to do the things he needs to do in order to be his best self. Then another day I’m disgusted and resentful about something that was fine yesterday. I don’t think we understand our rollercoaster of feelings any better than you understand your need to dress.
- April 5, 2022 at 12:27 am #633726Katie PlowrightLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Thanks Betty for replying, it’s wonderful to get a wife opinions. You are right, I still do not understand why I need to dress but it’s let the proverbial itch. I hope you and yours find that happy medium, I am fortunate to we have found ours.
- March 27, 2022 at 4:21 am #631642LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Hi girls, another milestone has been achieved. My SO had ordered two MAC lipsticks. She decided neither suited her and said would I like them. How can a girl resist. So last night I dressed for supper and wore the lipstick for the very first time. Wow and wow, she said that colour really suits you. The dark days off the closet seem so long ago now. When I removed it for bed, she also mentioned when I get mascara as well it will take twice as long. I did say yes please. Katie.
- January 2, 2022 at 11:01 am #602913Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 34Replies: 6131Has thanked: 11694 timesBeen thanked: 12437 times
Being Patient does helps, one never knows where things may go. It took time for me to have acceptance but I’ve too will never take this for granted… its a big challenge for any couple. One that does need cooperation in understanding for what is important in every relationship. Congrats and the best to you both as you move forward…
- January 2, 2022 at 11:12 am #602915LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Stephanie, thank you, you are correct in all aspects. The fear is always there in a tiny corner that the acceptance maybe withdrawn and that’s why I limit my dressing so my wife hasn’t lost her husband. It’s talking and finding common ground for all parties. Two way street and all that. Hug’s Katie.
- January 2, 2022 at 10:37 am #602904CarolLadyRegistered On: December 21, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 37Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
Hi Katie. That’s wonderful news.
I’m so happy for you. I can’t begin to imagine the feelings you have when you’re dressed around the house. Lots of love to your wonderful wife.
I only wish I’ll get to experience such a relationship you both have together.
Lots of love Carol ❤️
- January 2, 2022 at 10:48 am #602911LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Thank you Carol, never say never. I was in your position early last year and it turned completely around. I think our wives need time to process the information. Mine admits she understands why I need to dress but doesn’t completely understand it but is accepting. She says it makes me a better person. Hope that makes sense. Talk with your wife but give her time and space to process. Hug’s Katie.
- April 4, 2022 at 10:28 am #633547BaronessRegistered On: March 9, 2022Topics: 14Replies: 70Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 588 times
Yes, yes, yes! We need time and then more time to process. What is being asked if us is so very complex.
I often wonder why so many crossdressers are married to hetero women. Would a bisexual partner be more accepting?
- April 5, 2022 at 12:39 am #633728LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
- April 5, 2022 at 10:59 am #633813BaronessRegistered On: March 9, 2022Topics: 14Replies: 70Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 588 times
- April 5, 2022 at 11:35 am #633823LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Betty, my apologies I probably misconstrued your message. That I’m not sure of, my wife has accepted my dressing but who knows in the future. I welcome and thank her for everyday I can dress. As she says, she doesn’t understand it but accepts it. I’m am very lucky.
- December 30, 2021 at 9:22 am #601751Dee NashLadyRegistered On: November 7, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 255Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 1074 times
- December 30, 2021 at 8:30 am #601730AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- December 30, 2021 at 7:37 am #601707LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
And it continues, just applied my first ever nail varnish on my toenails. That’s tricky, hats off to the girls who do this without thinking. A nice burgundy shade, very pleased. This was on the suggestion of my beautiful wife as well. This is certainly turning out to be a festive season. Hug’s Katie. xxxxx
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Katie Plowright.
- December 28, 2021 at 12:49 pm #594883Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2831 times
- December 28, 2021 at 3:16 pm #594917
- December 28, 2021 at 10:57 am #594829SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 674Has thanked: 16793 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
- December 28, 2021 at 9:40 am #594796Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1007Has thanked: 3745 timesBeen thanked: 4686 times
- December 28, 2021 at 9:30 am #594791Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1484Has thanked: 2846 timesBeen thanked: 5099 times
- December 28, 2021 at 9:01 am #594776PumpedLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 137Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 483 times
Katie, I would hole you thanked her for allowing you to indulge in her presence. I thank my wife often for being so open and accepting. It has made both of our lives so much simpler than DADT. I tell my wife that I love her dearly, (I do!) and I can’t explain how much I appreciate how accepting she has become.
I think back to just a very few years ago when my wife first found out and the time and progression to where we are now where I dress when and how I want and I generally do not get a second look from her, that is, unless she likes a new outfit I have on!
Love and thank those accepting wives! Let them know how important they are to you and how special they are as there are so many wives that are not accepting!
- December 28, 2021 at 9:16 am #594781LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
I do thank her regularly for allowing me to indulge. It is important as you say to be conscious of our loved ones. She asked after the girls here at CDH which is wonderful. I did mention a lot couldn’t dress at present or at anytime which she found sad. Thank goodness I have a wonderful wife. Hugs Katie
- December 28, 2021 at 8:45 am #594765Elizabeth(Liz)LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 397Has thanked: 2694 timesBeen thanked: 1784 times
- December 28, 2021 at 8:36 am #594762Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 679Has thanked: 1375 timesBeen thanked: 2806 times
I’m also free. It’s lovely to be able to express this part of myself fully after so many years of hiding. I’ve found it a bit of a mental roller coaster as I figure out who I am but I think it’s been valuable so far. Have fun!
— Abbie 🥰
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Abbie Normal.
- December 28, 2021 at 8:57 am #594772LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Thanks Abbie, this has literally happened today. So I’ve started conservatively with faux leather jeans, sweater, heels and forms. Looking forward to dresses and skirts, tiny steps but liberating. Hugs Katie.
- January 2, 2022 at 11:23 am #602921Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 77Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 448 times
Congratulations!!!! Major accomplishment! I know your delight!
I am fortunate to be with an accepting woman now after having the misfortune of a wife who could not accept and left me because of it. My Christmas gift was a dainty necklace with sapphire pendant, looking like my birthstone (topaz). We are planning a day out Wednesday to get manicures, shop for clothes, go to eat somewhere fancy, and attend a gala show where dressing to the nines is expected. I have not been out of the house for 2 months now. Being free to express who we are is HUGE!!.
- December 28, 2021 at 3:18 pm #594918LadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 183Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.