- November 29, 2020 at 5:37 pm #412344Jennifer WalkerParticipantRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 89Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
Today I looked at my last dozen messages and found that five of the girls had deleted their account. It seemed so sad and the site is so wonderful.
I don’t know where I am going with this topic. If just depressed me little. Obviously I have not been nasty or unpleasant, just supportive
Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- December 1, 2020 at 4:41 pm #413068Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 48Has thanked: 192 timesBeen thanked: 244 times
I was much more active when I first joined. I found many people to chat with and enjoyed the conversations. I have not had much time to dress and have no new stories to add.
I had to step my membership down to free as my income was drastically reduced and paying for membership was no longer an option. I still read the forums and articles. I am living through all of the experiences shared here.
I hope to be back out as Paula soon.
Love and hugs
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 1, 2020 at 1:39 pm #413003Megan EdwardsLadyRegistered On: September 9, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
- December 1, 2020 at 12:59 pm #412997Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1703Has thanked: 3031 timesBeen thanked: 5710 times
The topic has been mentioned before, and I have noticed, from friendship requests I have received but delayed acting upon because of the absence of any biographical info, is that many of these new folks are online for only two or three days, then never post again. IMO, they were only looking for hookup sites and left when we disappointed them.
- December 1, 2020 at 11:14 am #412963Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 557Has thanked: 1683 timesBeen thanked: 2197 times
I’m sure I would never delete my account. I do know that I might not be as active in a few months. I am seasonally employed and I’m currently free all day. Once March comes, I’ll be back to full time hours. That’ll really cut into my dressing time, too. The reliable income is nice but I’m not looking forward to being drab so much.
- December 1, 2020 at 9:06 am #412924Leslies Ann Gray GirlLadyRegistered On: September 22, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 129Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 473 times
Hi all , Jennifer , i to so miss people here who disappear , i have lost a couple very close to me and with no explanation , why ? . This is why we as friends must always be kind and sweet to all we meet here . I’m so ready to talk with anyone who wishes to speak about their lives or some problem , i want to help . We all know what a woman like us here has to endure , sometimes sadness just attaches itself to us , we sometimes just need a shoulder to cry on . I love this place , its a gift to us . I love you all and wish i could meet and hug you all as well . Girls , be kind , be sweet , show love as only a woman can to her kind and it will make a difference . Love , Leslie
- December 1, 2020 at 7:17 am #412887Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 64Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
I have packed away and unpacked Trisha so many times in the last 35 years that I am sure she has some type of box dysphoria. Truth is being a CD doesn’t fit into traditional life. The only people who truly understand us is us. To further complicate it is that each and every one of us is different still.
I for one and very grateful for CDH and more specifically the ladies here. I have recently, 1.5 years ago, decided that Trisha is important enough to me to not box her up again. If someone doesnt accept her so be it and I move forward. CDH and the ladies here have given me the strength for that.
I love all my sister’s here and will do anything I can for each and everyone of them.
- December 1, 2020 at 4:41 am #412869Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 249Has thanked: 56 timesBeen thanked: 908 times
I don’t know the reason why people simply disappear but maybe it’s a generational thing, the safe, supportive and welcoming place to be is being taken over by the feverish ramblings of over imaginative minds that I don’t understand or want to be part of.
Where’s the joy of cross dressing gone?
- December 1, 2020 at 4:35 am #412867Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 799Has thanked: 3888 timesBeen thanked: 4244 times
We all come here for help, happiness and acceptance – and fun – as we journey down our own paths. It’s a mixed blessing of sorts, as all journeys by their nature, eventually end. I would like to think the journey ended positively for the members no longer here and they moved on with a heartfelt thanks to CDH. Sadly that will not always be the case, as life doesn’t always treat us fairly. It does hurt a bit when a friend disappears without a word, but I’ll still wish the best for them always – hoping to hear from them again….
Journeys end, the friendships do not have to. 🙂
- December 1, 2020 at 3:47 am #412860Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1507Has thanked: 1100 timesBeen thanked: 3887 times
Some of the things I love about being a CD of course is the clothes and how I look and feel when wearing them. I love being Patty and when I’m bold and courageous enough to go out and sow her off to others. I love being pretty, sexy and admired.
Then I can take off the clothes, makeup and hair and put Patty away. So from time to time she does go missing.
- November 30, 2020 at 5:48 pm #412730Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5618 timesBeen thanked: 2326 times
I haven’t been here a long time, myself, but as I tend to be a bit outspoken, I’m sure the regulars have seen my posts, lol.
With the support, and inspiration I have gotten from all the beautiful ladies here, I plan on, and hope and pray I can, be around for a long time. And, if my words, my hugs, or just my friendly ear, are a help to one girl, or thousand, whether they are here a moment, or a lifetime, I will be happy.
Sorry girls, rambling again.
- November 30, 2020 at 2:35 pm #412684Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 854Has thanked: 6702 timesBeen thanked: 3249 times
Yes it always sad when friends and girls leave, but that’s a reflection of true life. Many click the friends button, but it’s hard to write to everyone. Would be great if you could send multiple hello or how are you to a group of friends at once. It takes time to know people, and they to know us. But it’s a great site and I am getting to know many beautiful girls. As I sad before pop by say hello.
- November 30, 2020 at 2:15 pm #412682Alisha AlexLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 36Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
They may come and go. They may take a break or purge. But I believe no other place on this virtual world is beautiful and safe enough as CDH.
- November 30, 2020 at 1:51 pm #412674KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 103Has thanked: 284 timesBeen thanked: 569 times
Well, I’ve only been here a little while, so the relevancy of my response may be limited.
I have enjoyed and loved sharing and writing on this site and it has helped me immensely.
I sometimes find that things happening with my family/friends and the outer world in general sidetracks me from being on here. My wife and I are considering counselling at the moment, and to be honest, it’s hard for me to focus on the joy I’ve experienced from this community at the moment as a result.
…But I’ve found all my sisters I’ve spoken to on this site to be caring and supportive and fun, and I hope that I’ll be back writing with a bit more frequency in the not too distant future.
- November 30, 2020 at 8:35 am #412565EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3924 timesBeen thanked: 2259 times
Agree. I have been a member here since 2016 and have seen lots of ladies come and go. This is the primary reason I make it a point to welcome each new member. Some ladies leave and return, others take breaks when life gets in the way, then they come back. I know I have taken breaks in the past. I suspect it is a form of denial or purging. All I know is that when I am active here, I feel my strongest and most confident. I guess all we can do is do our best to support each other.
- November 30, 2020 at 7:23 am #412545Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3194 times
As a still relatively new comer, I’ve seen it plenty already and it is disheartening.
This may be the norm in any social media nowadays though (although I don’t think of this site as social media even though its my only outlet for socializing, online anyways) but I could be way off in that assessment.
When I think on the difficulties faced by all the ladies coming out pre-internet era, I am awed at their (or yours if this applies to you) level of fortitude. I’m not sure if I could have been brave enough myself had I not found this site and also been alive in this particular society and time and place in history.
Take heart that even in those ladies short time here I guarantee a few seeds were planted that will grow and develop and one day a lady will BURST from the confines of her male conditioning. Even if its only one girl in a thousand, eventually all those little seedlings grow into a forest.
18 users thanked author for this post.
- November 30, 2020 at 6:22 am #412535Rachel McFaddenLadyRegistered On: November 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 111 timesBeen thanked: 368 times
As a newcomer to the forum, I’m not sure whether I can comment on those who are no longer here. But, from a personal perspective, I would like to offer up a hypothesis…
I joined CDH recently after being hit by a wall of ‘pink fog’ which honestly, I think could be classified as dysphoria of some sort. After years of repressing/ignoring my need to be Rachel, who I’d lived as quite happily in my younger days, I was faced with a overwhelming desire to stop being ‘the man’ and recapture ‘the woman’. My thoughts were confused and searches on the Internet brought me here.
Reading the various stories and participating in some of the chats have helped me immensely – they’ve normalised my understanding and acceptance of myself. While I might not conform to broadly accepted norms, I know now that I’m not that unusual and that many folks out there feel precisely the same as me and that there is a path for those of us who have wives and families to navigate through.
Right now, I do feel a need to be connected, however indirectly, with girls who are the same as me. But, I can imagine a time/stage in my life when I’m truly comfortable as Rachel once more and where my life has a better balance and I can also imagine not feeling such a need to share myself on a forum like this when that time comes.
Although that may seem a little bit sad (maybe even selfish?) I would also regard it as a success of this forum – helping our sisters to accept themselves, live their lives and be happy must surely be the ultimate triumph.
- November 29, 2020 at 10:55 pm #412466stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1374Has thanked: 2031 timesBeen thanked: 5905 times
I don’t remember the actual figure but I believe we have several thousand members, most of who never post or reply to posts. Have you noticed that its the same small number – guessing 20-30 girls who post regularly? Back in early 2019 there were a whole different group of regular posters – most of whom have long gone. From my perspective only dear Samantha is still active from back then.
I went of air for some months for personal reasons (my wife found my photo’s!) Oh girl was I in the s***! My passion for CDH just slipped away temporarily. I came back – many others haven’t – most of my original friends were gone!
The current regulars are amazing! Long may it continue. I can truly say that the girls here have stimulated, inspired, enriched and brightened my life exponentially in 2020. I have made some truly beautiful and wonderful new friends. You know who you are! I love you all.
I guess there are lots of girls participating just as observers rather than contributors. Maybe they haven’t found their voice yet. But some will and I suspect the forums will be very different in a years time. There are many who only dip in occasionally. Some get bored. Some decide it’s not their thing. And yes, sadly, some have health issues or pass on.
For every reply or thanks we get I bet their are dozens, maybe hundreds, who dip in for a read and move on, like butterflies they flutter in, look round the flowers and go on their way to new gardens, and we are unaware they have visited. That’s life.
20 users thanked author for this post.
- November 30, 2020 at 8:06 am #412557Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 19Replies: 644Has thanked: 2409 timesBeen thanked: 2413 times
- December 1, 2020 at 2:50 am #412851stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1374Has thanked: 2031 timesBeen thanked: 5905 times
So, so sorry Bianca,
Dooohhh! I remember – you were actually the first friend I made.
“there’s nae feel like an auld feel” Errr… it’s a correct Doric saying …. but please don’t misinterpret ‘feel!’
(Grace, it’s me that’s black affrontit now 🥵)
I’ll geez ye a bosie Bianca
Love Steph ❤
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 1, 2020 at 12:47 pm #412994Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 19Replies: 644Has thanked: 2409 timesBeen thanked: 2413 times
🤣🤣🤣love your accent Steph.
No worries, I’ve been quiet for a while now. Still pop in to see what’s going on everyday, and always love your cheer and humour.
Don’t worry that my interest is waning, the force is strong in this one. Just added a pair of black knee length boots to my winter wardrobe. Spent way too much on them, but when I see something beautiful that you know will look fab on you, and is so versatile, well you just have to have it!!’
Stay safe and healthy my friend.
- November 30, 2020 at 8:50 am #412571
- November 30, 2020 at 1:55 am #412496Jennifer WalkerDuchessRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 89Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
I joined a year ago and I have also noticed have also noticed the group of girls contributing are slightly different. My own interest also comes and goes. I was not interested in the summer, but I am now lost in the thickest pink fog I can remember for a long time.
- November 29, 2020 at 8:09 pm #412397Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1148Has thanked: 3136 timesBeen thanked: 2999 times
I have often wondered about some of the girls who don’t seem to be here as well, Jennifer. As others have said, there are so many reasons which we can only guess at which cause our friends to leave the site.
However, as real as they are for the person concerned, we cannot help but wonder what has become of that person we have grown to know and call a friend. When someone has cancelled their account, at least they have made a rational choice, even if has been forced by a situation in their life.
What I find more troubling are those who just seem to disappear, and are never seen again, which causes me to wonder if something tragic has happened to them, or they have had a sudden health crisis. Since we have an identity different from our legal one, in most cases that is, we have no way to know if our friend has passed or not.
I always think positive and hope that she will show up here again one day though.
- November 29, 2020 at 7:18 pm #412381Stephanie RobertsPrincessRegistered On: May 20, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 426Has thanked: 3439 timesBeen thanked: 1421 times
You have nothing to worry about. As the other ladies said, people come and go for all sorts of reasons. Let’s wish them well and hope they come back some day.
Hugs, Stephanie 💖
- November 30, 2020 at 12:50 am #412481Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1431Has thanked: 6674 timesBeen thanked: 7934 times
I too find it quite sad when friends disappear, I very often check out my ” friend” list….and there is generally someone who has been off site a while. To be honest, I will then PM them, but it’s usually too late…
but looking forward, there are wonderful, beautiful, and caring girls still here!!!…let’s all enjoy the ride while we can.
Love, grace ❤️
- November 29, 2020 at 6:33 pm #412370Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
As its already been said, there’s many a reason some disappear. I’ve noticed a couple who had been here and have come back. There are plenty of new girls coming here daily.
If you believe in a higher power, people come and go from our lives for a reason. Wish them well, hope they return. Dont let it get you down.
xo – Robyn🤗😁❤️
- November 29, 2020 at 6:12 pm #412360Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 816Has thanked: 6248 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
There are a lot of causes for people coming and going from sites all over the internet, not just here. Typical reasons range from ‘ghosting’, which seems to be a huge thing some less than honest people do, to maybe one of our girls is found out by a spouse and given an ultimatum, and even the ones who build a fake persona looking for hookups and porn and are sadly disappointed when they see that sites like CDH can function without that.
I do believe that our core of ladies is a good solid foundation for having and keeping a place that we, and new girls, can turn to for support and friendship from others so much like ourselves, yet still as different as grains of sand.
A lot of us will come and go, and some will be here, then gone for a bit, but come back. Others will join us just to have some interesting items to read and learn from, sadly, without participation. It is actually a pretty common occurrence on the net and has been since it started, and will continue for the foreseeable future.
- November 29, 2020 at 6:09 pm #412357Shreya ShahLadyRegistered On: April 23, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 184Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 550 times
- November 29, 2020 at 6:07 pm #412356Jennifer WalkerDuchessRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 89Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
- November 29, 2020 at 6:00 pm #412355Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5618 timesBeen thanked: 2326 times
As in any group, people are going to come and go constantly, Jennifer, as I’m sure you have experienced, especially for girls like us, so many go in and out of the closet, purging and splurging.
From what I have seen, and I’m checking new posts, members, etc every day, or pretty close to it, you have nothing to regret.
All we can do is be positive and supporting for each as we come and go, and be sure everyone knows they are loved and welcomed.
And, some of us will be here forever, lol, or at least as long as our home, here, is around.
- November 29, 2020 at 6:37 pm #412372DuchessRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 89Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
I have had doubts and guilt myself and I can understand people leaving. Just wanted to express my feelings that it seems a shame to leave such a supportive environnent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.