Tagged: 

Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I do have a favourite soap, it would be Coronation Street.
      Maureen Lipman appeared in one years ago called Agony playing an Agony Aunt.
      There was also an American one called Soap.
      We in the UK also had Brookside

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Elizabeth!   Well, I have heard of Eastenders, and have watched Coronation Street at times ( who hasn’t? Lol ), though I will say I’m not a huge fan of soaps.

Growing up – long, long ago – I do remember my mom watching All My Children.

Stevie

Anonymous

I do chuckle at Neighbours – they’ve managed, against all odds and statistics, to cram a gay couple, a lesbian, a bi girl and a post-op trans woman into a regular cast of about 20 actors, and the occasional extra gay/bi character pops in too.

They even managed to write Courtney Act into the show a while back.

Great fun

Connie

xxx

I picked other.

I’ll be the oddball and say whatever is cheap and in a bulk packaging at walmart.

Wendy hope you don’t mind when I was referring to Soaps, I wasn’t something to wash with, it’s a television soap series. Hope you’re not offended.
        Hugs
        Liz

Ooooh, lol, now that i realize you were talking tv shows, now i feel like a dope.

Wendy you’re not a dope. I’ve a few senior moments myself they seem to becoming more and more. I’m 71 now.
            Liz

Anonymous

Wendy honey….I’m sorry but that was funny….

and you are no dope xx

Anonymous

And here I was about to say the same thing.  giggles. X wife use to watch General Hopsital here in US and Days of our lives.

Donna

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I gave up on soaps so I have no favourite as I do not watch them. I did however enjoy the American sitcom ‘Soap’ about the Tates and Campbells which ran in the late 70’s – That was funny but Brit soaps are not my cup of tea – even with a dunk of Neighbours….

[postquote quote=579964]
      Oh Angela, I loved that program Soap, it was whacky and of the wall.
      Liz

Anonymous

Hi…

I dont watch ANY soaps at all anymore, not for over ten years now……EastEnders was so depressing, it drove the love of fhem right out of me.

Grace xx

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Elizabeth ,

My favourite UK soap was “Upstairs Downstairs” , it was called
      “The Bellamy Family” here in the Netherlands.
      Maybe it wasn’t a real soap but I liked it very much.

Love Sylvia.

[postquote quote=580069]
      Yes Upstairs Downstairs’  would I believe technically come under that heading. What female character would you like to be? Do you think it would be Rose, or  Daisy or Mrs Bridges ,or Lady Agnes or Lady Prudence or someone else?

Liz

Sylvia
        Lady

Dear Elizabeth ,

No particular role model for me here , but I did like
        Georgina ( Lesley-Anne Down ).
        She also played in North and South , about the American Cival War.
        All these beautiful ladies in those magnificant gowns from the eighteenhundredths.

Love Sylvia.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.

[postquote quote=580092]
      That’s right I forgot about her Sylvia. ,I liked Jean Marsh playing Rose in it.
      Hugs
      Liz x

[postquote quote=579795] Haven’t watched Neighbours in years.

Liz

ChloeC
      Duchess

Being from the other side of the pond I got hooked on All My Children for the 1st year it was on and the start of Susan Lucci’s career. Only others I watched regularly were Soap and Mary Hartman Mary Hartman each with their own charm.

[postquote quote=580108]
      I’ve never heard of those Chloe.

Liz

The only time I even watched a full episode of any soap opera was the first episode of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.  Mostly because of the previews, where the she served an overtired coach some chicken soup, and he fell asleep and died in the bowl of chicken soup.  Although others in my family watched the comedy Soap, I had no interest.  My siblings also used to watch Dark Shadows, about a vampire.  Again, I had no interest.  I couldn’t even tell you who shot J.R.

Anonymous

No, sorry not a soap opera fan, the only soap I ever watched was the old comedy Soap, loved that show, great cast

Not a fan of soap operas, I remember watching the first episode of East Enders and thinking, “what a load of c**p!” Never watched any more of it. I started to get into El Dorado then they took it off.

Brandi
      Lady

The soap I loved to watch was the Guiding Light.

They had a charcter named Hillary and had a huge crush on her. She was so pretty.

Did not hurt that she played the role of a nurse at the hospital and those nurses uniforms. Not sure the crush was just on her, along with the nurses’ uniform as well.

Calling Nurse Hillary STAT!!!

Brandi XOXO

I’m pretty sure my favourite soap is called “Not If My Life Depended On It!”  There are books to read, documentaries to watch and places to visit; why would I want to watch a ridiculously overdone – and totally unbelievable – version of other peoples lives, when I have a life of my own to live?  Sorry – but NO!  Holly XXX

If a yank can weigh in, I would vote for Dark Shadows  circa 1968.  Most afternoons , my main squeeze ( girlfriend) and I would be making out on the couch in her house and that show was on.   I guess my attention was more on her as we are now married 54 years.

Soap, on ABC-tv, in the late1970s was hilarious.

Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

‘Coronation Street’ for me.

I remember watching the first episodes when they first came out. Ken Barlow was a uni student at the time.

[postquote quote=778977]

Haha! Quite right too! 😀

My partner used to watch Eastenders, Emmerdale and Coronation Street… some evenings it was all three, one after the other on the terrestrial scheduling (and occasionally she’d watch on catch-up). However, one evening I just said ‘Enough! Please!! No more!!!’ – I had reached saturation point!

And since that day, we haven’t watched any of them… incredible really. However, these days she is addicted to those ‘Real Housewives of…’ shows. Literally (almost). Mind you, I confess that I can’t help watching them! I much prefer those to the endless. repetitious misery of British Soaps! And we get to discuss the ladies’ fashion choices 🙂

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?