• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Ladies  earlier this week on tv I was watching the local news for my region, they were reporting about a hate crime. The victim was a mature trans woman from our area who was attacked and verbally abused, she reported it to the police who were very understanding and sympathetic to her. They have arrested the thugs who did this to her and charged them, I really felt for her what also came out was she has no communication from her family anymore. It was said in the report her conversation the police and ambulance people, they were the only people she has spoken with in over 6 weeks. They didn’t reveal her name they just showed her walking with a female Police officer, I thought what a lonely hard life just for being yourself.

Love to all you Ladies

Sarah xx

Anonymous

Hi Sarah..

I find that story incredibly sad…I have no idea who this woman is, let alone what her name is….but I’m so sorry for her and my god, how I would love to give her a massive hug.

It’s the world we live in I’m afraid, thankfully I haven’t heard of any stories like this….but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen…maybe the victims are too scared to report it….who knows.

Disgustedly, grace xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace I thought how hard it must be to have no nobody to talk to, I have no idea who she was they didn’t give her name, it was monday or tuesday it was shown. I just felt for her.

Sarah xx

Anonymous

Hi Sarah what a sad story, I think there must be lots of trans people like that when they come out to their family and friends they get excommunicated from all they have known and lose everything,

I expect it is hard to make and meet new friends x

What i find most disturbing is the fact that to some people it’s ok to go and assault them for no other reason than being a trans woman x

Hugs Rozalyne x

There’s lots of people who are cut off from family for a variety of reasons, this being not uncommon. My wife is largely cut off from hers, mostly due to dysfunction, theirs not hers. It’s sad. And in times like these, when many of us are shut in all over the world anyways, those with few friends are even more cut off. I wish I knew how to help.

Intolerant punks who have no manners really tick me off though. Go pick on someone your own size and age, who can fight back.

Angry Bridgette

Anonymous

Sarah,

Love your sweet sensitive heart.

And there may be more to her story than just the fact that she is trans. Could be mental issues, could be that she burned bridges in other ways, or it could be that it’s all about TG. Hard to know without more info.

Glad that law enforcement was responsive, though. I’m hesitant to label something as a hate crime based solely on the identity of the victim. There is often a knee jerk conclusion about these things. I wonder if there were other indicators that she was attacked because of her TG status or if it was merely a crime of opportunity, random, etc…?

God bless,

steph

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie the police and tv report both described it as hate crime.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Got it. I’m more swayed by what the police say than anyone in the media! I am curious about what the other evidence is besides the mere identity of the victim though. Not really a fan of the hate crime designation. It suggests that the identity of some victims is less important than others, and candidly, most violent crime is motivated by some type of malice.

Dawn Wyvern
            Managing Ambassador

Hi Stephanie.

The UK police forces are very good at this sort of thing and have an ongoing training program to help support all aspects of hate crime.

In the past I have given some training to the Scottish police forces, presenting lectures on TG/CD to the Diversity trainers in a ‘train the trainers’ session.

Since then I have been involved in some events where I was able to see the use of these skills first hand and was very impressed on how the ‘bobby on the beat’  responded.

onward and upward !

Dawn x

Anonymous

Thanks. Yes, I think it’s important to be sensitive to the needs of all victims, and more information and understanding can only be a good thing. Thank you for doing that. Great valuable stuff.

That said, I oppose the notion of “hate crimes” as a category. Ordinarily, the statutes as written will provide for adequate punishment.

I know some countries struggle with ensuring that police and prosecutors will vigorously pursue cases that involve “unfavored victims” — often folks from the LGBT “community,” — and in those instances I think it’s more important to hold their feet to the fire about treating all victims the same than it is to create new statutes that elevate certain victims over others.

I don’t know for 100%, but I am pretty sure most places now classify harassing one of us as a hate crime now.  The first time I was involved personally in an ‘incident’, I did report it like you are supposed to.  The way I was treated though was reprehensible.  They took the information, but then i was told that maybe it was because of how I was ‘dressed’ and where I was when it happened.  Other incidents later (early 80’s) just sent me retreating from everyone for a while.  The town I was living in had no relatives that would tolerate seeing their ‘queer cousin’ and such.  It is a lot more common than people realize, and if you talk very personally to some of our sisters, they will probably admit to the same feelings also.

That is one reason that I and a couple of friends that I go out with most keep an eye for ‘newbie’ girls that are out in public for the first, or one of the first times.  We invite them to join us for a little bit, or for the rest of the night, and whoever they seem to latch onto, gives them their phone number, ‘just in case’.  We don’t always hear from them again, but we do from a few of them.

We must still look out for each other and provide some sort of security for each other.  Please everyone take these suggestions to heart.  Look out for each other.

PaulaF

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Sarah

This is a problem for many in our community, not only TG but all parts of the LGBT+ as well as those with mental health issues, the aged and non-white individuals. The UK is very good in its ability to make laws in an attempt to stop this sort of crime, but it still goes on.

This is where sites like this come into their own by being able to offer a place to chat with others and be there when ever needed, offering advice and support.

We have come a long way in my time of being out, but will always be those who think that they have a right to dictate how you should live your life, what colour you skin should be,  and what football team you should support, while we all have a right to be who and what we want.

Finding friends and social support is an important thing for all, but more so for minority group members.

Be proud of who and what you are, and being nice to others helps.

hugs

Dawn

I thank you for the news… it is going on all over the world! I know politics is a forbidden word but I cannot refrain from adding the despicable laws against the rainbow community!

A saddened Polly 🥺🌸

I know.

There go I.

Nancy
      Lady

That is such a sad story, and disgusting that our society hasn’t evolved more acceptance than it has. Here in the US, many states are trying to push through laws attacking trans rights. Whether they succeed or not, it all empowers the haters out there who may do crimes like this.

That is a great fear of mine, which keeps me in the safety of my own house most of the time when I’m expressing my femme side, that people will reject and maybe even attack me for who I am. But, I think the fear of ending up alone is even greater…

Birel

Anonymous

This kind of thing makes me so mad there is just no need why carnt people just be themselves and not put down for it and most of the time its a group mentality if they were on there own they would of probably left her alone so sad thankyou for sharing x

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?