Tagged: ,

Viewing 32 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Becka
      Lady

I may have asked this previously, forgive me if I have.  Has anyone considered or actually created a social media presence under your gurl name?

I’ve thought about doing so to connect with others, but would feel sort of guilty about doing so.

Thanks Ladies,

Rebekka

Anonymous

On Facebook I certainly have, but I don’t use any others at the moment.

Imogen x

The closest I have came is posting some reviews and pics on google maps.  Otherwise just this site and one other.

Anonymous

The way that social media likes to connect people together, and often digs up lots of people I used to vaguely know, I currently wouldn’t risk having my femme & homme identities on any social media platform coming from the same computer.

That said I have used for over 20 years now an online alias for many sites that is separate to my “real life” name.  Given that the online alias has no obvious gender, I am always pleased when I am frequently assumed to be female.

Anonymous

For entirely a different reason (coming out lesbian) I wanted to create a 2nd profile where my homophobic family would leave me alone. I have aunts and uncles that have not spoken to me in years but i promise you they would hunt me down in person if they found out.

I have a few tips that are not any certified guarantee but in one years time it has not “friend suggested” anyone that i know from my old world.

• I never listed my city, but in my “bio” I typed in the State i lived in
        • For many months I did not post any photo in my permanent profile
        • I limited all posts to “friends only”
        • Certain people i for sure did not want finding me, i went in and added them to the “block list” in my new profile. If you block someone they cannot even see that your profile exists.
        • And if you have a Samsung 8, 9 or 10 you can run “dual messenger apps” I am running Facebook & FB Messenger on my Galaxy note9 and so I can still communicate with my family for my kids sake.  None of the information has crossed over by using the dual app feature

That being said i had to delete instagram totally!! , It was cross sharing info, even though the email and login was not the same.  Instagram was just data mining from my cell phone.

Anonymous

Thank you Jennifer!  I hadn’t even realised there was a “block list” option.  I’ve mainly eschewed social media sites due to the amount of time they seem to eat up, but for some groups or clubs they are the main source of information.

Anonymous

I had been on facebook for years. Made about 150 friends there, mostly women, to whom I let know about me not being a female shortly after befriending them. I’d say that maybe 10% of the people to whom I told were the only ones who rejected me then.

I left FB about 5 years ago , after my wife found my page with my photos, etc. I left it open before I went to work. She knew about my dressing and had some tolerance for it. But she had never seen me or my clothes or my photos. It was more than shocking to her.

So, unless you can be sure that nobody will ever come and find your page open in your computer or that everybody already knows, be very careful.

Gaby

Hi Rebekka!  I have my own web-site under construction and am listed as Lady Veronica Graunwolf in search engines…..was not looking for this but it is there.

Dame Veronica

I am on social media if any of you ladies or gentlemen admirers would like to follow me (ask in private message)

The key I found out is to have a separate phone number for your gurl social media accounts. That helps out tremendously from unwanted people finding your new social media accounts

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I started a F/B account about five years ago. I only have friends see the profile and select who is on it by having friends only. It seems okay and I have had no issues with privacy. I have a very limited amount of info on the profile A good tool to keep in touch.

Anonymous

I did try it a while back, but it started recommending friends from my main account. I wasn’t sure how deep the link went so I killed that version of Connie.

Connie

xxx

This is my only social media account, I had FB as my drab self over 10 years ago, but the nonsense between family members on there made me ill, and I havent looked back.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

K Swim
      Lady

Aside from this site, the only other system I’ve made an account under this identity is Discord. Every other popular social media site operating these days is nothing more than epicenters for hatred and clueless political opinions.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have created an online presence using my gurl name. I found when I was buying and selling clothes, if the buyer or seller realized I was a man, they would often not reply. I also connect to a CD group using FB. I don’t have many friends on my gurl FB account. I haven’t posted on it either.

Anonymous

Hi, yes I have my own female mail and several other sites like Twitter, Flickr – all with photos of me,  do no longer use FB. Plus a “professional” site for business contacts. 0

Anonymous

And to my disappoint the other day, someone had found “Helene” and sent the link to my wife who was far from happy  ..so now all closed as some of these cites also cross-referred you to other and having “spied” in your address book, asked to many of them if they “knew”  Helene!! So be careful

I have a Facebook account but regret ever opening it.  If anyone does a backround check on you they will find it.  Once your on Facebook you can’t delete your profile.

Stay away from social media if you want to keep your crossdressing secret.

All my social media, except Facebook which I haven’t used for years, is under Amber Scott.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

Hi Rebekka

I have thought about it a lot but as Lucy Satin said if you want to keep it secret stay away from social media.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Not to long all be legally my name just matter of time so can move around more after my surgery had

then off to get name legal bonded only thing be different is last name use here be real last name though.

Do have a twitter account but its use to be male name.

Donna

As for facebook stay off that site.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Rebekka ,

This is the only site I visit under my girl name.

Now that I know that CDH is a safe place to be ,
      it will probably remain the ONLY site I will visit under my girl name.
      Better to be safe than sorry !

Love Sylvia.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Emily has a presence on several social media sites.  I go to great lengths to mitigate the chance of accidentally outing myself.

Prudence
      Ambassador

I did on one. But got a lot of creepy people. So I deleted it. But Pru does have her own e-mail!  Hugs

I’ve done it. It’s still there. I haven’t used any of them in well over a year.
      I was a religious user of FB and Twitter…but no more. I so detest what social media has done to our population.

I have one on fb, it doesn’t have alot of content.

I am who I am and I’m not hiding

Anonymous

I’m on Flickr, as Nina August. So far been fun, no creepy stuff, no mean comment or messages. Have connected to several like minded girls!

-Nina

I do on Flickr it’s wonderful to look and see all the gorgeous outfits! Occasionally get creepy stuff but just block them.

I see more and more of us getting on Flickr. Maybe I need to make an account as well. I thought Flickr was outdated since Instagram came about. Guess I was wrong lol.

A lot of people now offer services to promote blogs on social networks. As for TikTok, I agree with the previous commentator.

Anonymous

Hi Becka,

I’m new to crossdressing and acknowledging my femme side. Now that I have, I feel wonderful. So yes, if I had a proper full physical femme identity I would consider it. What I mean by that is, the clothes and makeup. I have to learn so much yet about makeup and clothes before I can even post pictures here. In a way, by being here, we have already started on that journey. I suppose it depends how far we want to go.

Anonymous
      Lady

My fem self has a presence here on CDH and on a kink site. I actually found this site from an ad on the kink site. I’ve never had an FB account and don’t want one either.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Well, um, I suppose so. I mean I do have my ‘avatars’ name (feminine) on a webs.com website which has a lot of my writings from when I was seriously into fan fiction of a particularly popular series of books by a famous author as well as being an active member of one of the several online fan/rpg sites. It also has a guest book as well as some reference compilations but hasn’t had much activity probably due to the slowly waning popularity of author’s works.

Hugs, ChloëC

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m only on here as Caty Ryan and as others have said, I stay away from “FB” “Insta”et al and so forth.

“They know too much about you”

I use to be a on a similar Australian site, but after a big “blue””  with them (Oz for argument), that’s how I found CDH.

Never looked back..

Caty.

Anonymous

I am on Flickr as well.  Quite a few of my CDH friends are there.  It will be a cold day in hell before I would ever get on FB or twitter.

Gave up FB as well but over the years have used many sites like flickr but find this to be my favorite and the only one I use now

Years ago I was on FB and Flicker, but along with my Purge also went my digit existence as well. Now I would rather just be here at CDH. Safe and secure and no hassles from those from the outside. I enjoy communicating with the sisterhood then the unknown.

Lisa Leigh

I have numerous profiles on social media under Gina

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?