Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello all.  I’m still semi private about being Alexis.  This town I live in is not big on the lifestyle.   I recently created a separate Instagram account just for Alexis.  My question is this… how many of you also have an Instagram or other social media account for you crossdressing selves?   Have a blessed day all.

Nika
      Lady

I do, it allows Nika to be free to like and follow who she wants to without worrying about my other life finding out.

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

AnnaBeth has an instagram account but there is nothing on it at this point. I opened it to see other’s pictures.

I have a Facebook account in the name. I keep it separate form everything else, no overlap of freinds, it is not connected to me contact list.

I opened a tiktok account but have not posted there.

It is interesting how the algorithm still finds people from my drab life.

Paula

Anonymous

This is about as close to social media as I get these days. Long ago, before Facebook and Twitter became toxic waste sites, I had accounts on both, but even though I wasn’t disclosing my transgender status, I was alarmed by how quickly Facebook associated me with people that I know, often people from my far distant past. It creeped me out and I will never trust it. I have deleted my Twitter account, although for different reasons.

Yeah, I have actually made a few different social media accounts for Jenny and it is actually quite great cause it has helped me meet a few similar people while being open about it. Honestly I use social media so much more as Jenny then before.

I have Denise accounts on most sites.  I agree with comments about Facebook and Twitter, and have not posted there lately.  This is the site where I feel safe to post pics.

You’ll find Wanda on Tumblr.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m not on Facebook et al and never will be. I have several other “security measures”, but if I start blabbing about them now, they wont be secure any more.

Caty.

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

I have create several accounts mostly to interact with others on the web.  I have a gmail account so that allows me to browse the web while saving bookmarks that will not be seen with my normal account if my wife happens to be looking over my shoulder while typing in a search engine and something CD wise pops up.

Recently I interacted on YouTube by commenting on a video as Diana.  It was very interesting on the feedback I got as a woman versus what I get as a male.

I do not have anything posted on any of my accounts though.  I have Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.  I also have a Amazon account that I create lists on.

Anonymous

I have a profile on Flickr.  I have met a ton of great CD and Trans girls there.  Many who are members here.

Hi Alexis, I have an Instagram account and a Flickr account.

Hello Alexis
      I have numerous social media accounts and haven’t encountered any problems, along as there is nothing that can be traced back to your male existence you shouldn’t get any problems.
      Sarah xx

Wow thank you for all of your feedback

My twitter account is me, and whether anyone realizes it or not, i haven’t been harassed , or insulted, or anything like that for being myself.

I have a Facebook & Twitter account for Kimmy, although I rarely use them as I prefer CDH

ChloeC
      Duchess

Years ago, I had joined a very active RPG site based on a very popular fictional setting, as a female, taking on a female RPG character. I was very active on the site, taking on some responsibilities (managing one of the many forums), and I made (because that’s who I am) some friends. As a result I did make a FB account for my name behind the character and was friended by two from the RPG site, but hardly ever used it then and don’t now, tho I still have the email account and get FB related postings. I haven’t been on either to do anything in years (the original RPG site was hacked and destroyed, sad to say, but later a few pieces were put back together, but the activity there is about 2-5% of what it was in its heyday).

I was never bothered on the FB site as I had only those 2 as friends, but I was harassed a little by some male on the RPG site who tried to track me down and failed miserably.

In male mode I am on FB. I don’t post much on my site, but I belong to 4 affinity groups and each one is heavily moderated and there have been no noticeable problems.  I do get FB hacked friend requests of people I knew well and contact them to let them know.

I’m not on any other social media site that I care about.

Hugs, ChloëC

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Welcome to CDH.

I am not on social media, either as a male or female. You could say I am antisocial media.

I was thinking of setting up something, but it would have only been with a brand new email address, and accessed on a virtual machine to use for this singular purpose only, in order to containerize it and keep their hooks and trackers out of everything else I do.

Becka
      Lady

I asked this question before, without realizing my profile her is in fact an account for my alter self, Becka, on a social media site!!! 🙂

That said, I know what you mean and are asking. I have not created an account on any other platform. Too risky, accounts find a way of getting connected.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a number of social media accounts besides CDH/TGH: Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr, Reddit, and Susans.  I hardly use FB and Flickr.  I’m very careful what I post on other SM and have strict privacy settings.  I’m not concerned about outing myself because, well, I’m already out.  But the tight privacy settings do help reduce unwanted attention.  Despite my misgivings about Insta (being owned by Meta), it’s been a great way to meet and stay in touch with other trans girls, and keep up with several organizations I care about.  CDH and TGH have been and will continue to be the place where I share the most about my life.  There are no comparable support sites, IMO.  Simply the best!

/EA

Samantha R
      Duchess

Yes, Samantha has her own accounts.

Anonymous

Im out for a few friends and i have two different Instagram accounts, my female insta is private but always have friends from my male insta recommendations, i really want to make my female profile public, but always re the chance that someone recognize you.
      i never understand why whit a different email adress , and different privacy settings , get people that i know on recommendations

Harriette
      Lady

Everybody, especially businesses, ask for your e-mail.

Duckduckgo, the alternative search engine company, now has a free e-mail forwarding service with a name@duck.com address format.

The service removes all tracking and then forwards the message to your normal e-mail address. Replies also come from duck.com, so you remain unouted. Initiating a new e-mail is more tricky, therefore I cannot describe how, just yet.

However, duck.com is an easy, safe way to deal with your femme alter ego in stores or new acquaintances.

Thanks!
        I have used Duckduckgo search engine for years because it does not track you but I did not know they have an E-mail service. Must look into that. Best, Marlene.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Only CDH for me.

💕Lara

Yes, I have Facebook account, but under a different name and email.

Hi Alexis, Flickr and having a blast.

My main three sites are Flickr, Fetlife and CDH. I have or had a FB page but getting access again so I can delete is proving very difficult. Pretty sure I have an Instagram account-guess I will need to go find out on that! Also in a very active Groups.io group.

Sandy

I have a Facebook and Quora accounts. Im not big on social, I dont like photos of hairy men in cheap undies. I sound like a snob but its a shame that that seems to be the norm. There are endless sites where you can get get your exhibitionistic jollies off why fill up a place where you can talk with that sort of photos. I’m no angel but keep it to yourself on SM (pun intended) girls.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?