Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m truly hoping that I’m wrong in this. Just as I’ve been trying to work up the courage to step out as Katie I’m seeing a lot of negative talk about our community,  it doesn’t take much of this for people to start lashing out against us because of some nasty accuracies. I’m beginning to think that our movement has been hijacked by the media pushing things too far too fast. When all we want is to be left alone. Somewhat afraid and frustrated.  Hugs Katie

Anonymous

Very sad, but true: A single incident such as happened in Loudoun county, VA makes the news, and ALL trans girls (and by extension, CDs) are painted by the media and the public as being sexual predators.

Lulu

What negative talk? Where?

Main problem is that most people do not understand the difference between biological sex and gender – and use the terms interchangeably.

I take it you’re referring to events at this school – where only a couple of weeks ago, parents made it clear they have no idea of the difference.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dozens-gather-at-loudoun-county-school-board-meeting-to-protest-transgender-policy

There’s clear guidance from the WHO, COE and other global bodies though, so really, there’s no excuse for mixing them up any more.

Sex is biological, and can be evidenced.

Gender is a social construct and not bound by the same rules – it cannot be, as gender is not binary.

https://www.coe.int/en/web/gender-matters/sex-and-gender#:~:text=Sex%20refers%20to%20%E2%80%9Cthe%20different,groups%20of%20women%20and%20men.

Love Laura

Anonymous

The media never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.

I read that “Gender” came into common use among animal researchers in the 70s or 80s to distinguish the sex of animals.

Before that, it was mostly used in languages and really means to bring forth, but is more often used to imply a range of characteristics which could be attributed to masculine, feminine or neutral.

So no real biological basis to the word at all, just a cultural appropriation!

#LauraGetsOCDAgain

We have to try to lead by example. And I don’t give a rats a– what ignorant people think of us or anyone else for that matter. Be the best you can be and let them talk.

Anonymous

Wrong word it’s supposed to be occurrences, sorry girls

Hi Katie We all know that politics is such a awful disgusting business. when stories like we have been seeing and reading come out and become national news. Its always best just to stay away and just let the next news cycle take its place. I have always felt safe and very comfortable when staying near the community that I have come to love. Always use your common sense and the gift that was given to you when accepting who you are as a person Making use of your feminine feelings should always keep you safe. This time will pass like everything else We are making headway despite what you may see or read. Politics will use anything nothing off bounds. Defining the difference between gender and sex has been such a break through not to be taken likely.  Remember you will always be who you are no matter how your are dressed. I dress a little more androgynous to help reduce my stress.   Stay safe and always be aware of who is around you. Unfortunately that is something all woman have to deal with.

Luv Stephanie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

The media are guilty of mixing the news to confuse. It blurs reason for them to get a good story. We know that, without fail, they will sensationalise. I am all for freedom of speech and will respect a reasoned opinion whether I agree or not. I am dismayed at these little groups that will hijack a debate and seem to be heard above all. They always demand, without discussion, their aims to be dealt with, in their words, NOW! There is little discussion and thought to the consequences of these demands.

In our case it seems that on both sides of the pond the media are doing it again. I have made my  point on a radio programme I was invited to join in. The nub of it is that the majority of us girls have , on the whole, been accepted into society. Laws and regulations have eased the path. The general public seem to be on our side as there are more positive experiences than negative.  What these sensationalist headlines do is to turn the public against us and make all the factions join in. The media know this.

They do not realise that with freedom comes a responsibility. They continually breach any code of responsibility in this issue and other issues. For them it is short term as they will move onto the next story and leave the mess behind.

I am worried about the consequences of this but so far I am going about my life as normal and there has been no change for me. Over here the issue has gone in the background as the news moved on.

I believe the public are beginning to see through this sensationalist reporting and dislike being told what they must or must not do by minority groups. 

I know this is worrying for you as you take your first steps outside Katie. I would say to you that it is natural to have nerves but dress to blend in and pick your location well and I am sure you will be fine.

Trepidation is completely understandable. Proceed with caution, but proceed. All the best.

Fredrika

Very well said, Lisa. Too often now certain groups or causes will become unwitting mascots or pawns in someone else’s agenda. That’s not to say there is a not lot of inequality and false stereotypes out there. But sometimes too much attention can be counterproductive to certain causes or movements (for lack of a better word.) When the general public is forced to accept something they may not yet be comfortable with through bullying tactics as you have described, or told their viewpoints are wrong or toxic, without allowing them time to process and change on their own terms, their minds can tend to close even more. Leaving ladies like us as unfortunate casualties.

Yes – people seem to think that they were taught gender = male/female = man/woman, ergo there’s nothing else.

Which is plainly nonsense.

It’s quite easy to understand male/female as sex, and masculine/feminine/neutral as genders – that’s how they’re described in languages such as German, which many learn.

Just because “Das hund” (the dog) takes a neutral gender, it doesn’t exclude the dog from being male or female!

The gender is assigned – it is conceptual.

Not hard to understand, yet people still mix and match, mainly because the difference is unimportant to them, as they themselves may not feel affected by feelings commonly ascribed to the “opposite” sex.

It’s easier to deal with binary boxes, even though neither black nor white actually exist.

And water isn’t wet.

It just makes things wet…

Love Laura.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?