• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls,

For those of you on here who don’t know, I have transitioned and now live and work as a woman full time. I think we all like, or would like, to ‘pass’ when we are out in public enfemme. Even after transitioning I was feeling quite nervous for awhile when away from my workplace or home.

Last week, in the process of having to do an address change on my ID cards, I had to have a new picture taken and was asked what my gender is now. I had thought about changing it as the provincial government where I live had recently made it much easier to change the gender designation on your personal ID cards. So I filled out the form and I am now officially a female, and I felt like I was walking on air, finally fulfilling a lifelong dream!

I had a long coffee with one of my co workers and she asked me if my ears had been burning, as they’d been talking about me, saying good things, she assured, lol.  Evidently, since now actually being called a woman, a change in my total persona and demeanor has become very evident to everybody. She said the way I look, behave, talk, my mannerisms, how I laugh and smile have all become so natural that they’re all amazed. She told me that I had no reason to worry anymore about whether I passed, saying that I am a beautiful woman and nobody seeing me would think anything else. I know my confidence levels had increased, but after hearing what she had to say, they have skyrocketed!

So, the rather interesting experiences. Hmmm, I’m attracting attention. It would appear that I am definitely passing. While waiting for the bus I’ve had several ladies ask, “Excuse me miss, do you know when the next bus arrives?” That was okay. Men are opening doors for me and letting me on the bus first, that is okay. But this morning, while exchanging buses downtown, several guys came up and asked, “Miss, do you have any spare change?” I said no, and fortunately the bus arrived.  This afternoon, again while waiting for my bus, a fellow sidled up and said, “Sure is a nice breeze on a warm day.” I nodded and said yes. The bus arrived and I got on, he did as well and sat close by. He kept trying to engage me in conversation and I guess I’m just not into that yet.  There was another man on the bus who kept his eyes on me and I tried to avert his stares. As the bus approached the stop before my stop I grabbed the handles of my handbag, he then pulled the cord to get off at my stop. I exited as fast as I could and ran across the street. He was walking on the other side, still watching me and started to cross the street, traffic kept him busy as I made it to the stairs down to our condo and I didn’t see him.

I know, from reading posts by other sisters on here that some of you enjoy male companionship. I don’t swing that way, have been informed by my lady friends that I am a trans lesbian, and I’m totally fine with that.

So, passing can be amazingly wonderful, but, as I found, can lead to some unwanted attention and I guess I need to learn how to be careful.

Hugs girls, I need some nice hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Nice warm hugs from me Lauren.
      You need to get a man red light turned on while out and about.
      A few months ago I had mine on but that did not stop one man who had been staring at me intently getting in his car and following me when I was driving home. As I know the area well and all of its back lanes I did manage to shake him off but still quite scary, at ironically a red light.
      More warm hugs
      Philippa

I sign off my blog with the tag line “Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties” — confidence in our femininity CAN translate to SOME men as “come and get me”. So stay safe, Sweetie!

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Nice, Lauren. A lot of guys have bought me drinks & come on to me. I’ve been flirted with &, frankly, I love to flirt back, but have never had a problem with “drawing the line”.

Thanks Dawn, any pointers, tips, or advice? I’m still new at this.  It’s amazing finally being the true person I was born as, but with these situations I was definitely caught off guard.  🙂

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Dawn Judson
          Ambassador

I wish I had some “sage” advice, Lauren, but there’s really nothing special that I do other than saying, “I’m not interested, but thanks for the dance/drink/conversation.” Some have gotten a little too touchy, but I just remove their hands from where they’re touching me & they stop. Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but I’ve never had to pull the mace out of my purse.

Anonymous
      Lady

You’re a female now and you have to be aware of your surroundings more so now like any genetic female to be safe from those who would take advantage of you. You should carry mace or a weapon for defense. Stay safe!

Wonderful uplifting post Lauren, so happy for you, thanks for sharing.

B x

Anonymous
      Lady

Many hugs to you Ms Lauren.

You know pretty flowers attract bees with stingers so bee careful sweetie.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It seems that you have arrived at the last stop to womanhood Lauren.  Acceptance and some unwanted attention too. I am sure if you talk to the girls at work they will share there experiences of the unwanted attention too. Just be careful and enjoy this new life.

Anonymous

Congrats on your acceptance at work, Lauren. It must feel so wonderful to become the person you always were meant to be.

You’ll find that many women might engage in conversation with a total stranger just to have someone to talk with. Innocent conversation with men might just be that, casual conversation. You’ll learn how to converse with women as a sister, or with men with the attitude of ‘hands off’.

There is something to consider in that your ‘passing’ is still questionable. Some might engage in conversation just to test your responses. Over time, your confidence and mannerisms will be second nature.

Unfortunately, the unwanted attention from men is quite normal for most women. It’s not always an experience that is meant to be a compliment.

Eileen

Ang
      Baroness

Hi Lauren,

Yes, sometimes unwanted attention can be very unnerving. I think it is important that you practice the same skills us GG do. Keep aware of your surroundings, make sure others know you are aware of your surroundings (don’t be too much looking at your phone, don’t sit in your car with doors unlocked, etc). Also, if you keep keys on hand remember you can use that as a weapon by having pointy end out in between fingers. The vibe or attitude of thanks but no thanks is also good to learn. I would highly recommend taking one of those protection classes for women too, you never know when you might need it. As a teen I had to physically kick, punch, and shove my way out of a group of overzealous men, you can never be too safe or aware. It was so bad for me that I use to be afraid to even be in a car with a man…. It has taken me a long, long time to be more comfortable with men in public settings and sadly private ones too. I don’t say this to scare you by any means…but more as an ounce of prevention is easier than a pound of cure. Stay safe, Ang

Anonymous

A common courtesy, like opening a door or being called miss or ma’am, can be positive. I have been offered a drink on a couple times by men, but honestly I wasn’t sure whether they saw me as an unattached woman or a transwoman. In those situations I try to be polite but decline anything more than a free beverage.

Oddly enough, I seem to attract more positive attention from women in girl mode than I ever did as a male. I’m not sure what to make of that.

Hi Kim, you said:

“I seem to attract more positive attention from women in girl mode than I ever did as a male.”

This is so true for me, so true. I’m getting ladies at work taking me out for coffee or lunch quite frequently, one of them likes hugs, addresses me as ‘dearest Lauren’ and blows me kisses all the time, at this stage I’m not sure how to respond…

I have to learn how to respond to these various scenarios, LOL.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Very happy for you Lauren and those are some great experiences, other than the creepy guys. It’s one of the reasons I’m closeted, the only guy who sees me dress is my boyfriend and I pass for him and that’s all I need.

Lauren… giving you a big virtual hug from your fellow Canadian friend.

So since you are passing so well as a woman, congratulations on all of your successes that you mentioned. We (as women) will always get the attraction of other people (men and women) and I think that is very flattering but you do need to be aware and safe.

I think the best advice (and this was mentioned by Angela earlier), get some advice from some other generic women about how they have dealt with it over their whole lifetime. Since you are so close with your co-workers, you should be able to bring it up in a conversation. I bet you will hear some different stories and reactions and then you can use the best way that works for you.

Hugs 🤗🤗🤗 and Kisses 💋💋💋
      Michelle

Anonymous
      Lady

This is a discussion that has come up in my circles lately. Who we identify as or live as is one thing and who we are interested in is another. We are all on our own path and who we identify as or live as has no relation to our interests.

I have had several men interested on some singles (non-dating) groups I belong to. I don’t like to engage them in conversation as they are operating outside the group situations. These conversations are discouraged in these groups as they can lead to situations out of your control.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?