- May 5, 2021 at 12:17 am #488062Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1822Has thanked: 6507 timesBeen thanked: 10201 times
Good morning ladies….
I have a question for all you married or separated or divorced girls……did you underdress on your wedding day????
For you single girls…..would you underdress on your wedding day????.
You girls that are out to your partner’s, I have read quite a few posts of some girls desires to get married dressed as the bride….so did you????….or is it planned????
…..just wondered, grace xxx
Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 7, 2021 at 2:10 am #489071Samantha LaneLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 40 times
No Grace 38 years ago my dressing was on hold back then, and restricted now with same women. Has knowledge of my dressing but does not want to see it. My imagination see’s me in a full length gown and my SO dressed in a tux taking off my garter at the reception. My bridezilla that day made for fighting and arguing and ruined wedding night. Was not a good day.
- May 6, 2021 at 9:55 pm #489036Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 957Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3309 times
I must admit to not underdressing when I married (twice) but I did wear morning dress on my first and a dinner jacket on my second!
I have already discussed this with my SO and we both agree that beautiful dresses on each would be appropriate!
No more chintz!
But for all you out there not having been married before… go for it!
- May 6, 2021 at 8:25 pm #488937Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1779Has thanked: 20801 timesBeen thanked: 5911 times
Hi Grace no didnt get the chance to underdress as my mom and wifes mom were fighting about wedding as what they wanted so he he we grabed our kids and headed to court house and got hitched made them both mad but they got over it .. Been married for 38 years now and would love a dual brides wedding sounds like so much fun he he ..
- May 6, 2021 at 7:55 pm #488919Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
I have gained many fond memories during the 57 years I’ve been married; but your question recalls one I would rather forget. I didn’t know of Bettylou then, and couldn’t have co-existed with her if I had. I regret to say I was a complete male chauvinist pig back then, and I’m still embarrassed by the thought.
- May 6, 2021 at 7:29 pm #488913Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1361Has thanked: 3931 timesBeen thanked: 3844 times
I got married in 1985, and I’m still married to the same woman. At the time I dressing so I just wore regular guy clothes, though my rental tux was pretty nice!
Now, if I were to do that again, which I really don’t ever want to, but one of those ceremonies where one renew’s their vows I would like to do. I would likely be underdressed, but what I’d love would be for both of us to be wearing matching wedding gowns to stand up and take the vows again.
- May 5, 2021 at 1:32 pm #488273patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 74Replies: 1400Has thanked: 2289 timesBeen thanked: 5060 times
Another good post.
I didn’t Know Patty 27 years ago when I got married .
I definitely would have underdressed.lolIt would be a wonderful experience to wear a bridal gown but I don’t see that happening.🤭
- May 5, 2021 at 1:43 pm #488277Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1822Has thanked: 6507 timesBeen thanked: 10201 times
- May 5, 2021 at 12:51 pm #488264sarasue olsonLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 226Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1133 times
On my wedding day I wore the nicest white panties under my tux, when bedtime came we gave each other nighties we bought for this special occasion. White satin for her and A beautiful light blue satin one for me.
- May 5, 2021 at 1:18 pm #488271
- May 5, 2021 at 11:07 am #488245Kay LambertLadyRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 62Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 365 times
Before we got to the point of the ceremony, we had already had the discussion about my proclivity for underdressing. So she knew and was accepting and had seen me in my lingerie. That being said, I wore a black VS 2nd Skin Satin hipster, with black Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs under my tux pants. I thought it looked rather fetching.
- May 5, 2021 at 11:01 am #488242Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 467Has thanked: 1299 timesBeen thanked: 1614 times
- May 5, 2021 at 7:57 am #488194KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 613Has thanked: 1798 timesBeen thanked: 2825 times
And a very good morning to You Grace,
I did not underdress at any of my three weddings. As Marti stated, it just wasn’t part of my mindset at the time. And as Amanda said, it was her big day.
I can assure you that there is never going to be a fourth wedding (three times is enough – though I did ask a fourth woman to marry me a very long time ago and she did say yes – but that is a very long story, suffice it to say that we never married and parted as very good friends).
I’d love to wear a bridal gown but it won’t be for walking down the aisle. We’re headed straight to the reception for dancing and drinking.
Stay healthy, stay safe, Big Hugs, Krista.
- May 5, 2021 at 7:26 am #488188Rachel MLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 66Has thanked: 368 timesBeen thanked: 255 times
When I married my wife, I clearly knew that she expects a masculine man, husband and the future father of our children. I have and had every intention of fulfilling that then and now so no I wouldn’t underdress or to wear a wedding dress on our wedding day to diminish that. Although that being said, Rachel will always be a part of me and often dream of wearing a beautiful wedding dress and be a bride for a day. My wife accepts my femme side but does not participate in it. I guess some things are not attainable because of the choices we make, but a girl can always dream.
- May 5, 2021 at 6:36 am #488169DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3942 times
- May 5, 2021 at 7:34 am #488190Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1822Has thanked: 6507 timesBeen thanked: 10201 times
- May 5, 2021 at 1:43 pm #488276Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1555Has thanked: 9180 timesBeen thanked: 6164 times
- May 6, 2021 at 7:01 pm #488896
- May 6, 2021 at 7:09 pm #488903
- May 6, 2021 at 7:11 pm #488906DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3942 times
That true thought found someone few months ago then he decided to go cheat around thankfully have good friends that are my eyes and ears and looking out for me. Do have some more leads building up though.
- May 5, 2021 at 10:01 am #488220
- May 5, 2021 at 5:49 am #488153Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 17595 timesBeen thanked: 4755 times
Having never been married, I can’t say I would have in the past, it just wasn’t legal in most places.
But, even at my age now, I don’t think I would have much problem wearing a beautiful gown down the aisle. But, it definitely would NOT be as extravagant as some of the ‘bridezilla’ nightmares you see on TV reality shows.
- May 5, 2021 at 6:16 am #488157
- May 5, 2021 at 3:52 am #488110
- May 5, 2021 at 3:06 am #488091MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 1212 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
No, it didn’t even occur to me. Just me wearing what I fancied. It wasn’t my mindset in that period.
We had a laid back wedding. My wife wore a simple silk dress she’d had made when we were in Thailand the year before. I bought a cheap and cheerful casual silk shirt to colour coordinate, just worn against my skin, and over trousers, In those days I often wore (male) silk boxers anyway.
- May 5, 2021 at 2:13 am #488081Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1555Has thanked: 9180 timesBeen thanked: 6164 times
No sweetie, it was her big day, , as she said “I am getting married to you, and adopting your Amanda to share it”.
Wouldn’t have had it any other way.
- May 5, 2021 at 2:07 am #488077Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4622 times
- May 5, 2021 at 12:39 am #488069LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 57Replies: 671Has thanked: 582 timesBeen thanked: 3212 times
No Grace. I was a different man then. Perhaps I should say I was all man then. The majority of my life has been femme free and Lisa has been a complication I could have done without even though I wouldn’t lose her now.
At my wedding I was suited and booted and accompanied by half the local rugby team. We vacated the reception half way through in favour of the England v Wales match and then got very drunk. But things change. Then I loved beer now I love premier cru wines and fine malts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.