- June 17, 2021 at 10:51 am #505748Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2307Has thanked: 8249 timesBeen thanked: 12994 times
Hello lovelies, from a very humid Somerset….
The weather has been so “close” for the past week….all the heavy thunderstorms forecast have skirted us. We had a dribble of rain last night, but it’s soooooo humid….( for the u.k. anyway)
I usually get home from work by about 4.00 pm on average….
Into the shower to cool down and dry off ..
panties, bra, forms and scent….boob tube dress, just above the knee and flip flops….
I have 5 different colour dresses, only about £5 each and the flip flops were £1 from a charity shop, simple!!!
Fan going in the Lounge and a cool drink…..and that’s all I need….simple, but heavenly….
cost virtually nothing…
Does it take much to keep YOU cool?????
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- June 19, 2021 at 1:22 pm #506612Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 334Has thanked: 1347 timesBeen thanked: 1686 times
Pull the black out curtains, close off all rooms that are not being used. Especially the kitchen, exhaust fan going. Small personal fan on computer desk blowing directly at me.
Drinks: ice cold Monster energy drink (I’m addicted) or cold beer. Cold sandwiches, not cooking in this weather, not even microwave!
Short skirt with silky top. I have a open knit sweater that is surprisingly cool.
Rain? Omg we need it! Lawn is brown and crispy so I haven’t mowed in a month but I like that. Rain predicted tomorrow and significantly lower temps.
Staying comfortable. You do the same love.
- June 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm #506581Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 347Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 899 times
Well, over here in the colonies, it’s 95f (35c) outside and not nice to be outside in the sunshine. Thankfully there is a breeze keeping the humidity somewhat bearable. Keeping cool in the house is easy under air conditioning but the system does sometimes struggle with the heat. So, iced water and wandering the house in bra & bikini panties works a treat. Tomorrow will be very different when the remnants of a tropical storm coming from the Gulf of Mexico dumps a whole lot of rain on us. The weather keeps you on your toes in the Carolinas!
- June 19, 2021 at 10:56 am #506547robynrRegistered On: June 17, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 70 timesBeen thanked: 122 times
- June 19, 2021 at 11:06 am #506551Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2307Has thanked: 8249 timesBeen thanked: 12994 times
- June 19, 2021 at 9:06 am #506506PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 386Has thanked: 1704 timesBeen thanked: 1187 times
- June 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm #506676Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 1777Has thanked: 10092 timesBeen thanked: 6972 times
Bavaclavas in the freezer then PY?
- June 19, 2021 at 9:21 am #506513
- June 19, 2021 at 8:41 am #506502stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 166Replies: 2249Has thanked: 3567 timesBeen thanked: 10623 times
- June 18, 2021 at 11:02 pm #506357Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1329Has thanked: 20236 timesBeen thanked: 5152 times
Texas here too Donna, but at the complete other end. Rained enough this spring to put us a few inches above normal, but this summer arrived before the solstice. 3 days of high 90 deg F, 2 days of 100F. It is 0100 Friday night and still 87F.
Short cutoffs, thin tank tops, flip flops or deck shoes are the clothes of choice right now.
- June 19, 2021 at 9:49 am #506523DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6056 times
- June 19, 2021 at 9:52 am #506525Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2307Has thanked: 8249 timesBeen thanked: 12994 times
- June 19, 2021 at 3:35 pm #506698DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6056 times
- June 19, 2021 at 4:11 pm #506715
- June 19, 2021 at 6:38 pm #506765DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6056 times
- June 17, 2021 at 11:07 pm #505959LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 71Replies: 888Has thanked: 888 timesBeen thanked: 4421 times
- June 17, 2021 at 2:28 pm #505826Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
Take your ice tea with lots of ice chips and lemon. Keep your pitcher of water in the fridge. Oh, yes there is always ice cream straight from the freezer. Turn up the oscillating fan to move the air around. Even when it’s warm the moving air still feels better.
We could visit Krista too.
- June 17, 2021 at 2:49 pm #505838Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
- June 17, 2021 at 2:33 pm #505830
- June 17, 2021 at 2:18 pm #505815Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 1777Has thanked: 10092 timesBeen thanked: 6972 times
- June 17, 2021 at 11:52 am #505765Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 26Replies: 837Has thanked: 3419 timesBeen thanked: 3477 times
- June 17, 2021 at 12:23 pm #505777
- June 17, 2021 at 11:07 am #505757KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 643Has thanked: 1992 timesBeen thanked: 2993 times
Doesn’t take much to keep me cool. I had just messaged Diane and told her my furnace kicked on. It is about 10 or 11 C outside and light rain. Feels like I’m in Seattle in November. I’m wearing a fleece hoodie while typing this post and thinking about putting on mittens. BUT it is supposed to start warming up tomorrow for the weekend and maybe get into the high 20s C for next week. This means the combination of the last two days of rain and then the heat will bring out the mosquitos. Those nasty little buggers have bitten me a few times already this spring.
I definitely have empathy for you Grace. I just hate humidity. All the very best in your efforts to cool off. You are always welcome to visit NW Canada anytime my dear; hope you don’t mind the mosquitos!!!!
Have a most lovely weekend, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- June 17, 2021 at 10:59 am #505752Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 337Has thanked: 555 timesBeen thanked: 1220 times
It hasn’t got hot here but I live on an island where the temperature is moderated by the sea. Might get up to 21 today but there is a breeze. I wish I had a dress or a skirt on though!
Stay cool girls…
— Abbie 😘
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.