Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve been travelling for a few days and last night I was going through my bags and realized I didn’t have my make up bag. Panic!! I realized I left it on the counter in the bathroom of the motel room I was in the night before. Since I knew I had to do a presentation the next morning and would not be halfway presentable without some, I ran to Walmart of all places to get the basics I needed. Needless to say, $220 dollars later (I did find some lipsticks I liked but didn’t really need). I managed a reasonable face with the drug store makeup and am about to face the day. I can’t believe how expensive the drug store make up is now. Geesh!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Wow did you buy up the shop Danielle? That’s a costly mistake.

I always carry quite a bit of makeup in my shoulder bag that would allow for me to do a touch up to a full repair.  I have make up wipes and even a razor in the glovebox of the car  too. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but maybe time to stash a makeup kit in the car ‘Just in case’….

I had to buy brushes, applicators, lash curler…everything.

Danielle –

Ouch – a costly mistake.  I’m sure you won’t be making that mistake again.  Good advice to keep a make up bag in the car for just in case.  Whenever I travel I always check the room one last time before leaving – drawers, closets, outlets (it’s easy to leave chargers behind) and bathroom.  Only takes a minute and is well worth it in the end.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Suzanne you nailed that one perfectly. At my age it’s a give me to always go Back through.  I am amazed at what I almost left behind sometimes.

Have Fun

Amber

I usually do but the one time I don’t…gotcha!

Anonymous

Considering that we buy make up one item at a time as they deplete, $220 in one fell swoop is not too bad. Good thing that Wallyworld (as I call it) had all the items you needed.

Anonymous

Quick thinking! I know a lot of people have doubts about drug store or walmart cosmetics, but I would like to offer an alternate view. One of my best friends was a theater arts major in college and she can do amazing things with makeup. As a medical professional, she works extensively with patients who are transgender. She strongly favors economical, drug-store brands for both herself and her patients. A few years ago, she gave me a makeup tutorial that greatly enhanced my appearance and saved me ton of $$ over the years!

Anonymous

Most cosmetics, you pay for the brand and less for quality.

Anonymous

That’s so true!

J J
      Lady

Just another example of life’s unfairness to women. Why to women (and us) feel the need for $200 of make up to be “presentable”? What man (other then us who like to dress) would think that a necessary expenditure?

While I like a bit of make up here and there, I have not gone down that rabbit hole that tells me I absolutely have to have this, and hope I never do.

I have to “paint the barn” or I just don’t look right.  When I was younger I could get away with mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss.  Those days are long over.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?