Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies!
      I was watching TCM (Turner Classic Movies) the other day and a song I hadn’t heard in such a long time came on. I couldn’t help but smile as I listened to it.
      “I Enjoy Being A Girl” from the movie Flower Drum Song.

“I’m a girl and by me that’s only great.
      I am proud that my silhouette is curvy.
      That I walk with a sweet and girlish gait.
      With my hips kind of swivelly and swerved.”

It only gets better from there. You can check out the lyrics on-line too.

What song make you happy and stop & think of being a woman or a girl?

Just a girl – No Doubt. Not for the lyrics as much but it was the first song I danced to first time out en femme at a cd party many years ago.

Am I outta my head am I outta my mind if you only knew the bad things I like dont think I can explain it its complicated dont matter what you say dont matter what you do I only wanna do bad things to you so good that you cant explain it what can I say its complicated and I said I want you forever even when we’re not togethe scars on my body so i can take you where ever said I want you for ever even when were not to gether scars on my body I can look at you when ever

Ya say you wanna see me more I say we should have a date where the Lamborghini store Im kindda scarry Harley Marie im like ouji board but Im a boss bitch who ya gonna leave me for

Now Im out here lookin like revenge feelin like a ten best Ive ever been and yeah I know how bad it must hurt to see me like this but it get worse

Now youre out here lookin like regret aint yo proud to beg second chance youll never get and yeah i know how bad it must hurt to see me like this but it gets worse

Well pay back is a bad bitch and baby im the baddest ya fuckin with a savage cant have this cant have this naaah and it would be nice of me to take easy on ya but naaah

Yes Im not exactly the innocent lil country girl that my pic looks like lol

Anonymous

I like Heads Carolina Tails California by Jodie Messina. It’s a perfect country song.

When I was a closeted I used to dress up in front of the mirror and singalong to CD’s in a good approximation of a female voice.All the songs were girly ballads about men.One of my all time favourites was Touch Me When We’re Dancing by The Carpenters.I was thinking of a gorgeous guy a good couple of years younger than  me.He used to sit opposite me at my office.I had a crush on him.I also used to sing I’m In Love With A Wonderful Guy from the musical South Pacific.I would be usually wearing a black sparkly dress with sheer black tights and high heels.it was like performing cabaret in front of the mirror.I loved it.

Diana Ross:

I’m Coming Out!

The time has come for me<br aria-hidden=”true” />To break out of the shell<br aria-hidden=”true” />I have to shout<br aria-hidden=”true” />That I am coming out

I’m coming out<br aria-hidden=”true” />I want the world to know<br aria-hidden=”true” />I got to let it show<br aria-hidden=”true” />I’m coming out

Ok now ya really giving my age away lol going back with some vintage tracks

JOJO
      Lady

“Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”

Androgynous by The Replacements. It’s not a song that necessarily makes me think about being femme but it does make me happy. And it was so far ahead of it’s time. I don’t think there were many people releasing songs in 1984 about people in gender non-confirming relationships from a positive viewpoint and giving hope to the notion that, in the future, such relationships will be met with more acceptance. I wish I’d discovered  it at a much earlier point in my life. The lyrics really resonate with me, and it’s hard to believe that they were written 3 decades before terms like non-binary, GNC, fluid etc were becoming more widely used and integrating into the lexicon of gender.

There’s a few cover versions – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Crash Test Dummies, Ezra Furman, some others – but my personal favourite is the Happy Hippie Backyard Session with Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace.

I’ve said it before as I get ready to go out and start glamming up my mind almost always plays this song.    Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress by the Hollies.  I like the vibe but I really can’t own it since I’m only 5 foot 5.  lol    Thanks Lisa for this fun question.       Marg

Deffinately a must have. The girl hes singing about is only 5′ 9″ dear so yeah own that shit girl.you got it.

Anonymous
      Lady

One from the past…. “Lola” by the Kinks

Janice
      Baroness

Hello Lisa. I actually have my personel list of happy songs I listen to often for they just feel good. Rainbow inside my heart (Angela Bofill) / Rainbow Connection (Kermit the Frog) I have heard the voices to many times, It’s something I am supposed to be. I found my rainbow connection. Sending lots of love. Janice.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Janice.
      Revel
      Baroness

Man! I Feel Like a Woman! by Shania Twain. I started a poll awhile back including that song. I love it, and I listen to it often. ❤️

XOXO Rev

It is not my favorite song but when I hear it the volume goes up and I can’t help but smile. Devil with a blue dress on.

Anonymous

Andi
      Yes definitely play that song when driving dressed
      Hugs Ginger

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?