Viewing 106 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Most of us have a song or two that just hits home with the femme side of us. Do you have one that just screams “that’s me!!!”.

Joni Mitchell’s Court and Spark

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Thanks Debbie, I had never heard of Joni Mitchell, I listen to the song you mentioned and I can see where you, or anyone, would love to be courted and find that spark when femme.

Hello Carolyn, thank you for this intriguing poll question! I’m enjoying the suggestions from all the girls so far! Hugs, Debbie Lynn (she/her)

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Carolyn!  I guess I would have to go with Dear Prudence!  Giggle

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I had to smile when I read your response, it doesn’t get more personal than that!

Noelia6
      Lady

Para mí varias canciones de Roxette como soy una mujer, una reina va detrás de un rey y alguna más

For me several songs by Roxette as I am a woman, a queen goes after a king and some more
        Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Not sure what language that is but the translation was half block so I couldn’t read it. But I did get “I am Woman”, that is a perfect one for all of us when we want to be heard!!!!

Noelia6
          Lady

My fron is spanish use traductor googlee

¡Hola Noelia! Acabo de notar que Roxette cantó la canción “It Must Have Been Love” de la película “Pretty Woman”. Una de mis canciones favoritas de esa película. ¡Y además, una de mis películas favoritas!

I hope that Google translated this properly — it looked right to me!

Noelia6
            Lady

Yes thx 

Anonymous

Easy…Shinia Twain….” I FEEL LIKE A WOMEN!”

Dr. T.J.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I have danced to that one numerous times, that is one feel good song.

Stephanie
      Lady

Music has always been my anchor in this world…there is not one genres of music do not like, however, there is one style that captured my heart ❤️ and that was the love ballads of the 70-80’s (I think this is what kept my femme side alive throughout all the chaos of growing up) but I did narrow to The promise by the romans and Lady in Red===Wonderful Tonite  Kenny Rogers

I traded my tv for the music world again, I can’t remember when I watched anything on that box

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I know what you are referring to about the chaos of growing up, there was just so much I didn’t understand. Music was always there to let me escape into a dream.

Stephanie
          Lady

It is still my go too place when life throws too much at me…😊

Carolyn Kay
            Baroness - Annual

If you are like me, I usually have a glass of wine when I am listening, just a little escape.

Stephanie
            Lady

In those moments I’m not sure if the wine would help but headphones sure do, I can get lost for hours

Jackie
      Ambassador

oops I did it again/Britney Spears

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

What did you do again, lol. The song does describe how some of us feel once we get dressed. We put it off and suddenly, wham we are femme. It’s a wonderful feeling.

With Britney it is: “Not a girl – not yet a woman” that touched me most.

This is where I can get into Taylor Swift

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Is there a certain song by Taylor Swift that is special to you?

Tomasina
          Duchess

Oh yes for sure! “He’s so shy” Pointer Sisters / “Delicate” Taylor Swift/ “Where ever When ever” Shakira

They add to both my Submissive and feminine feeling!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Tomasina.
          Tomasina
          Duchess

Oh yes : “Delicate” is great!

Anonymous
        Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I know a lot of Abba songs but I had to go look this one up. I can see why it would be one of your favorites, we all have a prayer we would like answered.

“Follow Your Arrow” and “Rainbow” by Kacey Musgraves. Several Katy Perry songs.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

It must be nice to have do many songs, probably does with your mood that day.

Anonymous

Hi Carolyn.

” Glorious” by Andreas Johnson

….”my getting ready to go out” song.

Grace ❤️

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

If that is your “getting ready to go out song”, I hope you listen to it often.

I’m every woman!

Gail
      Lady

Mine is Doris Day’s version of “I enjoy being a Girl”, I enjoy listening it quite often.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

My granddaughter is doing a dance to that song at her dance recital. She was amazed I knew the words at her practice session, oops.

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Shania Twain- Man, I Feel Like A Woman!

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

That is one song you can really get into, you almost have to dance when you hear it. Wearing heels, while dancing to it, is such a wonderful time.

Anonymous

Hey Sheri!

Of All the Songs in the World…

We Picked the same one…what are the odds?

Yep…” I feel like a Woman!”

Dr. T.J.

Anonymous

another one is the song mustang sally by Wilson Pickette

Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett – YouTube

“ guess I’ll have to slow your mustang down”

Anonymous

Yes… though most of the ladies out there may not follow this……  My song is Midnight Train To Georgia – by the phenomenal Gladys Knight (and the Pips).  The girl’s obvious pain and longing made me realise that my own feelings weren’t just “boy feelings” – they were universal to all humans.

Incidentally; back in 2017, I was in Gyumri in the north of Armenia and was waiting to get to Tbilisi;  the transport was supposed to turn up at 23:50, but it was ten minutes late, so…  I literally was on the MIDNIGHT TRAIN TO GEORGIA!!!

Inga:  Loving The Caucasus……

Krissy
      Lady

Always been fond of lola by the kinks

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I still think he knew about Lola before he got to the room, still what a great night.

Krissy
          Lady

When I was little I always wanted to be like lola and that thought has stayed with me. The song lola made me very much aware that it’s ok to dress as a woman, been doing it since 1974 so it’s certainly something I enjoy. My passion is buying new dresses and looking more beautiful or as beautiful I can be for someone my age x

Hey, Hey Helen by ABBA (from their debut album ABBA, 1975).

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Do you know Donna? She likes Abba to.

Anonymous

hehe think many people love Abba

Anne- Freida said the first time Benny played Dancing Queen for her she cried at its sheer beauty.

I’m coming out by Diana Ross

Hi Carolyn long time no see  as many have said Shania Twain   I Feel Like A Woman  a fitting classic and Helen Reddys I Am Woman another classic  i just melt when i hear them he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Both are great songs, they really help you get into the right mind set for just being you.

Anonymous

At times my mood changes to the song candyman from  Christina Aguilera

Christina Aguilera Candyman Official Music Video – YouTube

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Thanks for all your input Donna, it almost seems every song you listen to has some femme meaning to it for you, that is wonderful.

Anonymous

You welcome Carolyn depending if wanting to be good or bad sets the moods.

Hey, Carolyn, here’s mine: The song “Travelin’ Thru” by Dolly Parton, from the movie “Transamerica”. I love the song itself, but the lyrics seem to speak volumes to confused CDs/TGs everywhere, on their journey toward seeking understanding about “where they’re going” and “where they’ve been”.

(At least, that’s what it means to me.)

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I think you are right on with your interpretation of the meaning of the song. I bet it is helping you with your journey to.

I pretty much see music as the soundtrack to my life, so have songs that speak to all sorts of moods and situations. Also I have very eclectic tastes, so few would actually recognize my influences, but I do love talking music so couldn’t resist. A few songs that have profound meaning for me would be Lotus by Liv Kirstien, Stand Your Ground by Within Temptation and I Walk Alone by Tarja. All hit at the struggle of finding yourself and/or believing in who you are.

Heather

When I get to the end of the week and I want to just let my hair down – ‘Gasoline’ by HAIM ft. Taylor Swift. OMG so good, sexy and fun: Haim – Gasoline (Lyrics) ft. Taylor Swift – YouTube

Another one that gets me whenever I listen to it but speaks to me and the journey – ‘Let Go’ by Frou Frou: Frou Frou – Let Go – YouTube

If I’m in the mood to dance – ‘Raining’ by Kaskade & Adam K ft. Sunsun: Kaskade & Adam K ft. Sunsun – Raining (Dance.Love Edit) – YouTube

enjoy!
      FM

Mona
        Duchess

OMG, I love Haim.   “Now I’m in It” makes me think of being in the Pink Fog.  Great video for that song, also.

So true Mona! They must get the pink fog as well lol

Lou Reed ” Walk on The Wild Side ” When this was playing on the radio I couldn’t tell you how many times I wanted to pluck my eye brows and shave my legs and hitch hike to L.A.

From
      the Sugar Punk Fairy

Feel like a woman by Shania Twain

Anonymous

My Favorite Shania Twain Song and video, just love her in that corset

My mood determines the music I like listening too, so my choices jump all over the place.

Lola….. The Kinks

Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon,….. Cherry, Cherry….. Kentucky Woman…. Shiloh…..  Neil Diamond (and yes, I have been Diamondized)

Unknown Legend….. Neil Young

Black Magic Woman….. Santana

Gold Dust Woman….. Touched By An Angel….. Stevie Nicks

Rosana….. Toto

That’s just a few

PaulaF

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

You listed enough songs for just about every mood, thank you for the input.

Anonymous

Love is a Battlefield – Pat Benetar

The video seals the deal for me.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

We are fighting a battle to just be us!!!

Anonymous

The song “Nights in White Satin” by the Moody Blues puts me in a dreamy feminine mood.

Eva

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I have spent a lot of hours listening to that song. The lyrics have such deep meaning, they get you to thinking about reality.

I actually getting dressed yesterday for a Robin day and was listening to music and Classic Girl by Janes Addiction came on, I have always loved that song and felt it was kind of appropriate

Anonymous
      Lady

Lou Reed – Walk on the Wild Side

The Kinks – Lola

Aerosmith – Dude looks like a Lady

The woman in me, by Shania Twain.

Not sure if anyone knows, but mine is: Heaven give me words by Propaganda.
      And Somebody by Depeche Mode.

“I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan is the current top of my list.

I have it on my car playlist, and sing along every time it comes around. When I walked past a bar on Saturday evening, it was blaring out of the open windows, and I couldn’t stop myself moving a little to the beat, smiling widely and singing along.

Suddenly I was grabbed by a large group of women and encouraged to dance with them right there on the pavement outside the bar, all of us singing at the tops of our voices – it was a magical moment, and a singularly appropriate song!

https://genius.com/Chaka-khan-im-every-woman-lyrics

https://youtu.be/DVDCNmdi7QI

Anonymous
      Duchess

I have always liked “Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac. The title says it.

I also have a soft spot for Bette Midler’s version of “One Monkey Don’t Stop No Show.” I performed it a few years ago at a St. Louis club amateur night.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Here are a couple of songs I’ve liked over the years –

Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want to Have Fun  (I wanna be the one to walk in the sun)

and that other Beatle Song

Ob-La-Di  Ob-La-Da Life Goes On.

Some of Jen’s favourites have already been mentioned! But also,

Kelly Marie – Feels Like I’m in Love
      Madonna – Material Girl
      Sophie Ellis-Bexter – Murder on the Dancefloor
      Night Club – Die in the Disco

I don’t need too much encouragement to start circling my handbag, in a pair of heels, when the opportunity allows!

I’m still looking for that perfect song to add to the videos I like to make of myself in fem.

So far the only one I have used that I made a fun video around is “Walkin Round in Women’s Underwear. I enjoyed making the video and even posted it on Youtube

Lola
      Walk on the wild side
      I feel pretty song from west side story

Anonymous
        Lady

I was wondering when someone would mention “Lola” by The Kinks. I couldn’t believe a song about a transvestite made it on the radio in the 60’s with the line “I’m not the world’s most passionate man, but I know what I am in the bed of a man, so does Lola, lo-lo-lo-lo-Lola…”

Carolyn Kay
          Baroness - Annual

I have sang that song a million times, love it.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

1/. In past years… All the Linda Rondsadt/Nelson Riddle old  “torch songs” she and he did so well> I had them all on casette and would play them on my am/radio cassette player in hotel rooms in many places around the world. “mood music” as I put on my make up and got dressed for a Caty session.

2/ These days a circa 60-70 song playlist on my “old faithful” Ipod, (with the little wheel) featuring a combination of James Galway on flute and a little known but gifted Canadian singer/songwriter/ musician named Richard Samuels . Richard on paino and “jimmy tootling his flute” is my latter day “music to be come Caty by”.

It also doubles as my resident “send me off to sleep nightime music”

Happy dressing

Caty.

Anonymous

I had to wear a girdle all day at school, so I guess a song that represents my sheer relief at being able to take it off at the end of the day and let it all hang out would be by Cat Stevens – I Can’t Keep It In (I can’t keep it in, I gotta let it out…).

Siobhan
      Lady

Against Me! – True Trans Soul Rebel from the album Transgender Dysphoria Blues

Boy George – She Was Never He

Lou Reed – Walk On The Wild Side

Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace – Androgenous

Mina Caputo – Identity

Anonymous

..Absolutely! ~

Ellie Goulding : Love me like you do

Sia : Chandelier

KDA : The baddest (If I’m feeling like acting uP..heh heh heh..)

..To name just a few that kick me off..  !!

Thanks! Xx

Anonymous

Joe cocker- you are so beautiful

Maybe not a magnificent song but when I’m feel ugly it helps put a smile on my face

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I am a huge Joe Cocker fan, I also love the song -“ misunderstood”. I think that also defines part of our lives.

Anonymous

Showing my age. Two oldies from Aretha Franklin, queen of soul.

“I say a little prayer”

“(You make me feel like) A natural woman”

Marti xxx

Flower
      Princess

Pat banatra:black velvet

First off, I’d like to give compliments for this topic. This is a great topic. The question was a hard one to answer for me though. I have TONS of great songs and reasons for them all. But if I had to choose just 1 for current times it’d be…

SONG: “ADDICT” written by Silva Hound and preformed by Michael Kovach & Kelly “Chi-Chi” Boyer (written for Hazbin Hotel)

REASON: Because after all these years I have finally felt ready to let myself go and pretty much say F the haters and just finally be myself… do what I want, say what I want, dress how I want, become who I feel I was always meant to be… whatever it takes to finally be me for once. Cause I’m sick and tired of having to hide who and what I truly am within

A song for me and my crossdressing life would be Climb every mountain from Sound of music. This symbolised how we should stick to our dreams. Still true today.
      Jane

When I dress up and do my chores, I have youtube list

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL17LoVnjmQbHsmUogyyzPdB7rV3qiUADm

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Siri Storm.
      • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Siri Storm.

Ed Sheeran – Shape of You

Roxette – The Look

DJ Khaled (feat. Rihanna) – Wild Thoughts

Secrets by Mary Lambert. Lighthearted but powerful underneath.

That’s easy.

“Man, I Feel Like A Woman” – Shania Twain

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Don’t we all, that’s a classic!!! You have to dance when you listen to it.

As with a number of other posters;

Shania Twain’s ‘Man, I feel like a Woman’  but also

Running down a Dream’ by Tom Petty.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Never thought about “Running down a dream” by Tom Petty. The song has new meaning to me now, thank you.

Anonymous

Here’s a song to try:

“Prisoner of Gender” by Fascinating Aida, sung by Adele – no, not that one.

Marti xxx

No rain by Blind melon. More so the video. Its how I felt after finding CDH.

Hugs to all. Tina

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I am going to have to take a look at the video, thanks!!

Hi Carolyn,
      Thanks for a great topic. For me, it’s “Groove Is In The Heart” by Deee-Lite. The meaning of the lyrics are interpreted many different ways, but the funky club vibe is undeniable. I wear my tight top, short skirt, and 5 inch heels… oh my, just can’t stop dancing.
      Luv, Cindy
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etviGf1uWlg

Groove in the heart has been on my Playlist each weekend also. Love it.

Tina

There is a song from Rupaul’s Drag Race called mirror. If you haven’t heard it i strongly recommend you listen to it. I know it speaks to me.

Ob-la-di Ob-la-da by the Beatles.  McCartney made a mistake in the last verse, switching the places of Desmond and Molly Jones.  So it’s “Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face”.  The mistake amused them and they left it in.  It’s such a happy song and it describes my life, so I love it.

Also, if I’m feeling romantic – Black Velvet by Alannah Myles
      Or if I’m feeling self-assured – Strut by Sheena Easton

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Now I have to listen to the song again, lol.

Evan Nine
      Duchess

Days when I’m feeling blue:

whole wide world – wreckless eric

I try – Macy Gray

these are songs that I sing to my girl side, they are meant to cheer her up, doesn’t always work…

Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress by the Hollies.   Every time I start to really glam up (big event in an evening dress) this tune starts to pulse thorough my body.  And, then when I think that I look just nice but old (which I am) my mental juke box starts playing Both Sides Now by Judy Collins.  Thanks for this topic and Party On !  Marg

Mine is I Am Woman by Helen Reddy.When I first heard this song back in 1973 when I was thirteen and had not long started crossdressing.I got the song entirely wrong.I didn’t realise that it was a Women’s Liberation song.I just thought it was a celebration of being a woman.I am sure I sang it one day when I was wearing a pair of tights and my mum’s skirt.It resonated with me because deep down inside I wanted to be a woman when I growup.I obviously had’t heard the hook line,” I am strong,I am invicible”.That wouldn’t have been me at all.I wanted to be soft and girly.

Same here, I remember when I first heard that song! Wow! It was powerful for its day. I was in HS at the time!

Looking Glass Brandy (your a fine girl}
      The reason It was going to be my name if I was born a girl. Thats how I got my name.

Anonymous

Anything from Momoland, but especially one of their newer singles in Yummy Yummy Love. Don’t ask, I don’t know who wrote the song or why it’s called that. Just like the piece

Early Abba

Waterloo. Dancing Queen. Mamma Mia. Take A Chance On Me, etc

Feel good music, love it.

B x

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Got to dance to those songs every time!!

Aerosmith… Dude looks like a lady.   Lmao.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

The only issue there is, your recent pictures don’t look much like a dude at all, you have become so accomplished.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

The first song that came to mind was “I Feel Like A Woman” by Shania Twain (the video is so fun).
      Then I thought of “She’s A Lady” by Tom Jones

I enjoy being a girl

From Flower Drum Song
      Saw it with my mother when I was a kid.

The dating men part has never appealed, but I still have the image of her flouncing around her bed room.

Anonymous

Music has always been an important part of my life, so yes, I have many songs that scream out “That’s me!!!”

Here’s just a partial list of some of my favorites:

Ann-Margret: “How Lovely to Be a Woman” (from “Bye Bye, Birdie”

Doris Day: “I Enjoy Being a Girl” (from “Flower Drum Song”)

Nancy Kwan: “I Enjoy Being a Girl” (the original recording from “Flower Drum Song”)

Emily Reid: “Good Time Being a Woman”

Peggy Lee: “I’m a Woman”

Helen Reddy: “I Am Woman”

Shania Twain: “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”

The Three Degrees: “I Like Being a Woman”

And on and on and on…

Like I said, music is and always has been very important to me, so finding tunes that reflected who I am was also very important!

Hugs,

Holly

I Enjoy Being A Girl from the first series of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is the theme song of my CD life. Born This Way by Lady Gaga for when I want a sexy dance (sorry, neighbours).

Ms.Gaynor  from South Pacific for us seniors.

“This is Me” from the Greatest Showman soundtrack, “Man, I feel like a woman”, “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera are a few that come to mind.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Hose Heels.
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Hose Heels.

‘Lola’ by the Kinks!

Trish White
      Baroness

The song that has always been special to me and my femme side is ‘I feel like a woman’ by Shania Twain. When I  listen to the song and the lyrics I relax, go to my happy place and let the sweet pink fog envelope me. I just love it!! 😍

Trish

Dreaming by Blondie Just a Girl -No Doubt Pretty in Pink- Psychedelic Furs

One more, Rebel Rebel- David Bowie

This is a hard one. But I guess if I had to think of one, it might be P!NK’s “Don’t Let Me Get Me”. It basically feels like it’s about my life (minus the “teachers dating me” part which to this very day I always thought was the weirdest part of the entire song XD). It feels like it basically discribes my life in general… being picked on and bullied pre adulthood, being kinda a “Debbie Downer” (as people nowadays might call it) for most of my life (which I think is more related to my depression which I’m still seeking help for currently), doing evil/dark things to myself I probably shouldn’t mention here til adulthood, etc.

And whenever I hear the line “I don’t wanna be my friend no more, I wanna be somebody else”, it feels like my current state of wishing and wanting to finally no longer be the gender I was born with, but someone else I’ve felt for YEARS I was meant to truly be (which might become a reality soon if all goes smoothly now for me btw).

And whenever I hear the line “Doctor doctor please prescribe me something, a day in the life of someone else” it brings my feminine side to the surface and I wanna dress more and more femininely each time in the process.

I wanna be free by Toyah

When you say nothing at all, Alison Krauss

Have you heard Alison Krauss performing Simple Gifts with Yo Yo Ma? Her voice is gorgeous.

I posted one earlier, but this one has to be on my list also. (it always tears me up when I hear it)
      AND THAT’S WHAT MUSIC IS SUPPOSED TO DO, STIR YOUR EMOTIONS.

Tom Petty – Leave Virginia Alone

Both Sides Now as performed by Miss Hayley Westenra, until yesterday when I discovered a new cover by Jackie Evancho. I have never heard a voice more beautiful than Jackies.

Sorry, but no-one could ever do Both Sides Now as brilliantly as the lovely Joni Mitchell!  Holly XXX  (P.S.  Agree that the song totally speaks to me though!)

Carolyn Kay
          Baroness - Annual

That truly is a great song, it has different meaning to me now that you pointed it out, thank you.

Anonymous

I like Waking up in Vegas by Katy Perry.  She is so cute and vivacious in the music video.  I wish I could be her.

Anonymous

I got attached to “Pretty Mess” by Vanity.

I have many favourite songs when in femme mode.One of my all time favourites is It Must Be Him by Vicki Carr.I have sang that number many times in front of the mirror whilst wearing a cute dress, heels and pantyhose.Whilst singing I think of a guy who used to work in my former workplace about twenty years ago.I have had a crush on him for the longest time.I sat opposite him in the office for three years.He is a good few years younger than me and totally straight.He would have a shock if he knew.He is so macho and very sporty.But he is a lovely man.If I was a woman I would wish that I was married to him.

Just a girl: No Doubt.
      Crazy for you: Madonna.
      The Tide is high: Blondie.
      Love Alive: Heart.
      To name a few.

Take a walk on the wild side

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Oh yes, “then he was a she”, a dream for all of us.

Anonymous
        Lady

Yes “Take a walk on the wild side”. This Lou Reed song was my favorite early on and when ever it came on I would sing to it ignoring the stares of my friends and family. If I came out to them today I don’t think they would be surprised. Also “Lola” by the Kinks was a favorite.

Anonymous

For me, it is Man I feel like a woman by Shania Twain.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

That is a classic for us, when I hear it I can’t help but want to dance.

I have an entire playlist on Spotify, but the song that defines Gemma the most is “Everything” by BitterSweet. My playlist is named “Hygge” which is a Dutch word that describes a mood of coziness and “comfortable conviviality” with feelings of wellness and contentment. Hygge is my goal of comfort and contentment as Gemma. I like soft textures, and comfort.

Beverly
      Lady

The black and white clip of the one and only Miss Dusty Springfield……You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me. She was so beautiful and this moves me every time…….When i said I needed you…………

I have a white wig almost like hers. One day I will pay tribute at karaoke…..

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Beverly.
        Beverly
        Lady

Hello Carolynn,

Thanks for the thanks. I see you are from Michigan, I am Motown mad! So many great songs, impossible to choose.

Regards

Melanie

Carolyn Kay
          Baroness - Annual

I listened to a lot of Motown, and even watched it grow.

Brandy, by Looking Glass is how I choose my name, and Pretty Woman, by Roy Orbison, which I will never be but as the line goes I would like to be one “walking down the street” en femmme.,

I know this is a discussion that has been going on for a long time, but I wanted to add “ How lovely to be a Woman” sung by the gorgeous Ann Margaret in the movie Bye Bye Birdie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ilu-ARtiY

I can remember looking and listening to the song and Ann Margaret, and thinking how I would like to look like her, and then she sang that song.  But I guess that ages me a lot.

Roberta Broussard
        Duchess - Annual

Ann Margaret and Angie Dickinson, I was fascinated by both of them. They were everything I could ever have wanted in being female.

Carolyn Kay
          Baroness - Annual

What wonderful role models!!!

Samantha R
          Duchess

I have always loved Ann Margret’s voice and looks. And those dance moves are to die for…

Carolyn Kay
            Baroness - Annual

All I can say is – yes!

Julie
      Lady

I wouldn’t say I have a special song. But now a days since I wanna be a woman. Girls just want to have fun, man I feel like a woman and perfect day are some of the best female songs I can listen too. There’s lots but those are a few of the best ones Girlfriend!

Kate Bush, ‘Running Up that Hill’ is about making a deal with God to swap lives with another person.

Kate Bush explained in 1985: “It’s about a relationship between a man and a woman. They love each other very much, and the power of the relationship is something that gets in the way. It creates insecurities.

“It’s saying if the man could be the woman and the woman the man, if they could make a deal with God, to change places, that they’d understand what it’s like to be the other person and perhaps it would clear up misunderstandings. You know, all the little problems; there would be no problem.”
      The Youtube video is very good.

I have Dressed for a Long time but always wore Skirts & Slacks and such… But I finally bought a Dress and when I first put it on, all made up and looked in the Mirror the song “Every Body wants to rule the world ” had just started.. The opening verse Hit me so hard.. “Welcome to you’re Life, There’s no turning Back”.. the tears just started flowing.. The rest of the song continued the tears.. Though not suppose to be what the song is about.. Now it is about Me!!! XoXo Jill💖💖💖

Mona
      Duchess

Great thread! Since the passing of Christine McVie at the end of November, I’ve been listening almost exclusively to her songs – past, present and everything in between.  Her voice, her lyrics, her awesome songwriting and playing…she presses all my buttons (and of course, I’m not the only one!).

I’ve come to realize that I’ve always subconsciously identified with the longing and vulnerable femininity evoked by her voice and lyrics.  And it can be argued that she was the primary force in leading Fleetwood Mac to global stardom, while quietly trailblazing her way through the old-school boy’s club of rock and roll.

Yeah, so obviously I’m a major fanboy/girl who is still in mourning.  For me, it’s not any one of the songs, but the amazing woman who composed and performed them.  What a legacy.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Christine McVie was a great loss, I loved her voice and demeanor on stage.

It has to be “ You make me feel like a natural woman “ .When I’m en femme this song encapsulates how I’m feeling at that moment!!

Wow! Did you pick the #1 subject.  Here comes the heavy thought. Poetry and music are the soul of humanity.   Music makes this MAN cry like a baby.  The 3 I mention, one is for we girls. First for my best friend who has left this world, “Sailing” by  Christopher Cross.  For my lady of 55 years, “Your’re the best thing that ever happened to me” by Gladys Knight.  And for us and especially me “ Just another women in love” by  the Canadian songbird Anne Murray.  Read the lyrics, like the feelings that overwhelm us.  “ a fire out of control”.  Pass the Kleenex.

Gimme Gimme Gimme by Abba is mine.  “Gimme Gimme Gimme a man after midnight” (grin)

Denise

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

That is one of those songs you just have to move or dance when you hear it!!!

Standing outside the fire, Garth Brooks.  “ walking the wire”

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

It does feel we are walking a wire sometimes.

No special song but anything that livens up and one can dance too. I was a disco girl when younger and just loved dancing to the music at the clubs in heels and a swing dress and a partner that loved it as much as me. Oh the memories.

It’s interesting to read some of the creative picks for songs. Mine are pretty stereotypical, I think. I always smile when “Lola” by the kinks comes on. My wife had Queen’s “I’ve got to be free” on her phone as my ring tone, which is a great song in any measure, even without the music video! I often sing this one when I’m skiing (skiing and biking coaches sometimes recommend singing as a way of getting into the most effective “zone” for difficult terrain).

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Lola had quite the night in the song.

Placebo – Pure Morning. Remember when music videos were a thing? I was obsessed with this video and fell in love with the “girl” in it — who happened to be Brian Molko, the lead singer, not a girl. I’m not attracted to men, but I couldn’t get over the fact that he looked so cute: how could look that cute?

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Mariana S..
        Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I once saw a lead male singer do the song Proud Mary, while dressed as Tina Turner, I got the same feelings you did.

I like A Better Man by Little Big Town.  I love to sing along and I can match the feminine pitch of the girl singing it.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

A loose interpretation but I see it.

For me it’s certainly Lola, but also ABBA’s Dancing Queen and Kylie’s Can’t get you out of my head and I always cry to Eric Clapton’s Tears in Heaven. But my, Christine’s, favourite song is Shania Twain’s Man I feel like a woman. When I hear any of these songs, if I am not already dressed, I have to change immediately! To dance, to cry, to feel like a woman.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

That is quite the lust of songs, but I know everyone.

mine is “Three Times a Lady” by the Commodores.  It came out before my time, but i love it.  ❤️

Boys Wanna Be Her by Peaches

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Going to have to look that one up.

Katie
      Lady

I just read through all the songs and they sound great, but I don’t think anyone has mention “Out of the Wardrobe” by The Kinks off their Misfits album. I think someone in The Kinks was fascinated by Crossdressing…

“Has anyone here seen a chick called Dick? He’s 6 feet tall and his arms are all brown and hairy. He married Bettylou back in ’65, when you had to be butch to survive”

“But when he puts on that dress, he feels like a Princess. He’s out of the wardrobe and now he’s got no regrets.”

Out of the Wardrobe, by The Kinks Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwVw6x7lzGY

Have fun girls!

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Hi Katie, no misinterpreting that song, it pretty straight forward. I never heard it before thanks for letting us know about it.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I believe I’ve responded to this forum before before but I heard a song today and watched the video and it was quite a blast from the past from my childhood. Check out YouTube for a song called “just like anyone” by soul asylum it’s stars a young Claire Danes and is a little silly but I think any of us could identify with the message. Ty in advance for your comments

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I am going to have to look that song up and listen to it, thank you.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Another great one from the 90’s is Mr. Jones by the counting crows! The lyrics are impossible to not see myself in. Early in the song it’s goes something like this “You know She dances while his father plays guitar.
      She’s suddenly beautiful.
      And we all want something beautiful.
      Man, I wish I was beautiful. “
      This song came out when I was a teen and believe me I wanted to be beautiful and 30 years later I still do. It’s an awesome song and the band has quite a few others. Anna Begins, American Girls featuring Sheryl Crows backup vocals are two more examples. Please take a minute and listen to them and share what songs mean something to you. Im finding more and more songs that make me think about my life everyday. Thanks in advance.

There is one song that I always keep coming back to. I loved this song when I was in high school and now many decades later. It is “If You Could Rad My Mind” by Gordon Lightfoot. On Youtube there is a video for this song and it has a beautiful lady in a gown walking outside and eventually she goes into a mansion, walks up the stairs into a bedroom, opens a drawer and takes out a bottle of perfume. This song always makes me feel mellow and resonates wonderful feelings in my heart.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I know the song well but I have never seen the video, it does sound intriguing.

OMG this is the quintessential MTF song ever!

Viewing 106 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?