- June 5, 2021 at 12:17 pm #500752Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 618Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 2787 times
Most of us have a song or two that just hits home with the femme side of us. Do you have one that just screams “that’s me!!!”.
Total of 54 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 27, 2023 at 1:44 am #734745Autumn GoldRegistered On: October 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 284 times
There is one song that I always keep coming back to. I loved this song when I was in high school and now many decades later. It is “If You Could Rad My Mind” by Gordon Lightfoot. On Youtube there is a video for this song and it has a beautiful lady in a gown walking outside and eventually she goes into a mansion, walks up the stairs into a bedroom, opens a drawer and takes out a bottle of perfume. This song always makes me feel mellow and resonates wonderful feelings in my heart.
- April 27, 2023 at 1:56 am #734747
- April 26, 2023 at 4:12 pm #734683MelanieElizabethAmbassadorRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 26Replies: 331Has thanked: 998 timesBeen thanked: 2027 times
Another great one from the 90’s is Mr. Jones by the counting crows! The lyrics are impossible to not see myself in. Early in the song it’s goes something like this “You know She dances while his father plays guitar.
She’s suddenly beautiful.
And we all want something beautiful.
Man, I wish I was beautiful. “
This song came out when I was a teen and believe me I wanted to be beautiful and 30 years later I still do. It’s an awesome song and the band has quite a few others. Anna Begins, American Girls featuring Sheryl Crows backup vocals are two more examples. Please take a minute and listen to them and share what songs mean something to you. Im finding more and more songs that make me think about my life everyday. Thanks in advance.
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by MelanieElizabeth.
- April 24, 2023 at 9:37 am #734221MelanieElizabethAmbassadorRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 26Replies: 331Has thanked: 998 timesBeen thanked: 2027 times
I believe I’ve responded to this forum before before but I heard a song today and watched the video and it was quite a blast from the past from my childhood. Check out YouTube for a song called “just like anyone” by soul asylum it’s stars a young Claire Danes and is a little silly but I think any of us could identify with the message. Ty in advance for your comments
- April 25, 2023 at 10:50 am #734434
- April 15, 2023 at 1:18 pm #732403KatieLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
I just read through all the songs and they sound great, but I don’t think anyone has mention “Out of the Wardrobe” by The Kinks off their Misfits album. I think someone in The Kinks was fascinated by Crossdressing…
“Has anyone here seen a chick called Dick? He’s 6 feet tall and his arms are all brown and hairy. He married Bettylou back in ’65, when you had to be butch to survive”
“But when he puts on that dress, he feels like a Princess. He’s out of the wardrobe and now he’s got no regrets.”
Out of the Wardrobe, by The Kinks Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwVw6x7lzGY
Have fun girls!
- April 15, 2023 at 12:29 pm #732392Wanda OvahearRegistered On: October 19, 2022Topics: 16Replies: 918Has thanked: 1758 timesBeen thanked: 2910 times
- April 16, 2023 at 3:57 am #732590
- April 15, 2023 at 8:53 am #732310Christine ThomasLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 276Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 1077 times
For me it’s certainly Lola, but also ABBA’s Dancing Queen and Kylie’s Can’t get you out of my head and I always cry to Eric Clapton’s Tears in Heaven. But my, Christine’s, favourite song is Shania Twain’s Man I feel like a woman. When I hear any of these songs, if I am not already dressed, I have to change immediately! To dance, to cry, to feel like a woman.
- April 15, 2023 at 8:44 am #732307Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2022Topics: 34Replies: 275Has thanked: 120 timesBeen thanked: 1534 times
- April 15, 2023 at 8:05 am #732299Mariana S.LadyRegistered On: April 10, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 81Has thanked: 262 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
Placebo – Pure Morning. Remember when music videos were a thing? I was obsessed with this video and fell in love with the “girl” in it — who happened to be Brian Molko, the lead singer, not a girl. I’m not attracted to men, but I couldn’t get over the fact that he looked so cute: how could I look that cute?
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by Mariana S..
- January 24, 2023 at 10:13 am #711912Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 292Has thanked: 700 timesBeen thanked: 1785 times
It’s interesting to read some of the creative picks for songs. Mine are pretty stereotypical, I think. I always smile when “Lola” by the kinks comes on. My wife had Queen’s “I’ve got to be free” on her phone as my ring tone, which is a great song in any measure, even without the music video! I often sing this one when I’m skiing (skiing and biking coaches sometimes recommend singing as a way of getting into the most effective “zone” for difficult terrain).
- January 24, 2023 at 4:35 pm #712008
- January 24, 2023 at 9:07 am #711900Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 1202Has thanked: 6027 timesBeen thanked: 5465 times
No special song but anything that livens up and one can dance too. I was a disco girl when younger and just loved dancing to the music at the clubs in heels and a swing dress and a partner that loved it as much as me. Oh the memories.
- January 23, 2023 at 9:04 am #711623Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 419Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 1474 times
- January 23, 2023 at 10:58 am #711663
- January 21, 2023 at 5:26 pm #711222Denise TanoLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 66Has thanked: 252 timesBeen thanked: 425 times
- January 21, 2023 at 5:52 pm #711226
- January 21, 2023 at 1:41 pm #711179Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 419Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 1474 times
Wow! Did you pick the #1 subject. Here comes the heavy thought. Poetry and music are the soul of humanity. Music makes this MAN cry like a baby. The 3 I mention, one is for we girls. First for my best friend who has left this world, “Sailing” by Christopher Cross. For my lady of 55 years, “Your’re the best thing that ever happened to me” by Gladys Knight. And for us and especially me “ Just another women in love” by the Canadian songbird Anne Murray. Read the lyrics, like the feelings that overwhelm us. “ a fire out of control”. Pass the Kleenex.
- January 21, 2023 at 7:00 am #711078Kandace KussenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2023Topics: 10Replies: 52Has thanked: 242 timesBeen thanked: 375 times
- January 21, 2023 at 6:54 am #711077MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 12Replies: 177Has thanked: 883 timesBeen thanked: 1053 times
Great thread! Since the passing of Christine McVie at the end of November, I’ve been listening almost exclusively to her songs – past, present and everything in between. Her voice, her lyrics, her awesome songwriting and playing…she presses all my buttons (and of course, I’m not the only one!).
I’ve come to realize that I’ve always subconsciously identified with the longing and vulnerable femininity evoked by her voice and lyrics. And it can be argued that she was the primary force in leading Fleetwood Mac to global stardom, while quietly trailblazing her way through the old-school boy’s club of rock and roll.
Yeah, so obviously I’m a major fanboy/girl who is still in mourning. For me, it’s not any one of the songs, but the amazing woman who composed and performed them. What a legacy.
- January 21, 2023 at 11:33 am #711149
- January 20, 2023 at 10:39 am #710888Jillian(Jill) EversRegistered On: August 2, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 70Has thanked: 364 timesBeen thanked: 376 times
I have Dressed for a Long time but always wore Skirts & Slacks and such… But I finally bought a Dress and when I first put it on, all made up and looked in the Mirror the song “Every Body wants to rule the world ” had just started.. The opening verse Hit me so hard.. “Welcome to you’re Life, There’s no turning Back”.. the tears just started flowing.. The rest of the song continued the tears.. Though not suppose to be what the song is about.. Now it is about Me!!! XoXo Jill💖💖💖
- January 20, 2023 at 7:51 am #710860Alison ElliottLadyRegistered On: February 5, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 50Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 158 times
Kate Bush, ‘Running Up that Hill’ is about making a deal with God to swap lives with another person.
Kate Bush explained in 1985: “It’s about a relationship between a man and a woman. They love each other very much, and the power of the relationship is something that gets in the way. It creates insecurities.
“It’s saying if the man could be the woman and the woman the man, if they could make a deal with God, to change places, that they’d understand what it’s like to be the other person and perhaps it would clear up misunderstandings. You know, all the little problems; there would be no problem.”
The Youtube video is very good.
- January 19, 2023 at 3:27 pm #710730JulieLadyRegistered On: March 19, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 212Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 590 times
I wouldn’t say I have a special song. But now a days since I wanna be a woman. Girls just want to have fun, man I feel like a woman and perfect day are some of the best female songs I can listen too. There’s lots but those are a few of the best ones Girlfriend!
- January 19, 2023 at 4:34 am #710584Jennifer ConnollyDuchessRegistered On: November 27, 2022Topics: 22Replies: 262Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1890 times
I know this is a discussion that has been going on for a long time, but I wanted to add “ How lovely to be a Woman” sung by the gorgeous Ann Margaret in the movie Bye Bye Birdie.
I can remember looking and listening to the song and Ann Margaret, and thinking how I would like to look like her, and then she sang that song. But I guess that ages me a lot.
- This reply was modified 10 months ago by Jennifer Connolly.
- January 20, 2023 at 3:12 am #710822Roberta BroussardDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 687Has thanked: 8795 timesBeen thanked: 3534 times
- January 19, 2023 at 4:28 am #710583Brandy CeedeeLadyRegistered On: December 21, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 55 times
- January 19, 2023 at 3:37 am #710569BeverlyLadyRegistered On: November 11, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 21Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 87 times
The black and white clip of the one and only Miss Dusty Springfield……You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me. She was so beautiful and this moves me every time…….When i said I needed you…………
I have a white wig almost like hers. One day I will pay tribute at karaoke…..
- This reply was modified 10 months ago by Beverly.
- January 20, 2023 at 12:45 am #710814BeverlyLadyRegistered On: November 11, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 21Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 87 times
Thanks for the thanks. I see you are from Michigan, I am Motown mad! So many great songs, impossible to choose.
- January 1, 2023 at 5:24 am #705597Gemma LovegoodDuchessRegistered On: December 29, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 46Has thanked: 162 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
I have an entire playlist on Spotify, but the song that defines Gemma the most is “Everything” by BitterSweet. My playlist is named “Hygge” which is a Dutch word that describes a mood of coziness and “comfortable conviviality” with feelings of wellness and contentment. Hygge is my goal of comfort and contentment as Gemma. I like soft textures, and comfort.
- January 1, 2023 at 12:51 am #705573AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 1, 2023 at 5:20 am #705595
- January 1, 2023 at 12:24 am #705570Charlene LaFlameLadyRegistered On: December 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 27Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
- January 19, 2023 at 5:05 am #710589AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Yes “Take a walk on the wild side”. This Lou Reed song was my favorite early on and when ever it came on I would sing to it ignoring the stares of my friends and family. If I came out to them today I don’t think they would be surprised. Also “Lola” by the Kinks was a favorite.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 1, 2023 at 5:22 am #705596
- August 18, 2022 at 1:40 pm #670940Julianna FrancesLadyRegistered On: July 29, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 102Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 514 times
- August 18, 2022 at 1:05 pm #670932Roberta LaneLadyRegistered On: May 10, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 199Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 817 times
I have many favourite songs when in femme mode.One of my all time favourites is It Must Be Him by Vicki Carr.I have sang that number many times in front of the mirror whilst wearing a cute dress, heels and pantyhose.Whilst singing I think of a guy who used to work in my former workplace about twenty years ago.I have had a crush on him for the longest time.I sat opposite him in the office for three years.He is a good few years younger than me and totally straight.He would have a shock if he knew.He is so macho and very sporty.But he is a lovely man.If I was a woman I would wish that I was married to him.
- August 17, 2022 at 11:54 am #670705AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I got attached to “Pretty Mess” by Vanity.
- August 17, 2022 at 10:05 am #670687AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- August 17, 2022 at 11:49 am #670703
- June 24, 2022 at 9:07 pm #658368Barbie SatinRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 191Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 736 times
- January 1, 2023 at 3:22 am #705579Holly MarieLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 227Has thanked: 227 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
- June 24, 2022 at 7:49 pm #658360Stevie JohnsonLadyRegistered On: June 24, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 20Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
I posted one earlier, but this one has to be on my list also. (it always tears me up when I hear it)
AND THAT’S WHAT MUSIC IS SUPPOSED TO DO, STIR YOUR EMOTIONS.
Tom Petty – Leave Virginia Alone
- June 24, 2022 at 1:16 am #658213Stevie JohnsonLadyRegistered On: June 24, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 20Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
- June 23, 2022 at 10:45 pm #658206
- June 22, 2022 at 9:09 pm #655120Malody SingriteLadyRegistered On: February 16, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 11Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 40 times
This is a hard one. But I guess if I had to think of one, it might be P!NK’s “Don’t Let Me Get Me”. It basically feels like it’s about my life (minus the “teachers dating me” part which to this very day I always thought was the weirdest part of the entire song XD). It feels like it basically discribes my life in general… being picked on and bullied pre adulthood, being kinda a “Debbie Downer” (as people nowadays might call it) for most of my life (which I think is more related to my depression which I’m still seeking help for currently), doing evil/dark things to myself I probably shouldn’t mention here til adulthood, etc.
And whenever I hear the line “I don’t wanna be my friend no more, I wanna be somebody else”, it feels like my current state of wishing and wanting to finally no longer be the gender I was born with, but someone else I’ve felt for YEARS I was meant to truly be (which might become a reality soon if all goes smoothly now for me btw).
And whenever I hear the line “Doctor doctor please prescribe me something, a day in the life of someone else” it brings my feminine side to the surface and I wanna dress more and more femininely each time in the process.
- June 21, 2022 at 4:01 pm #654757
- June 20, 2022 at 12:27 pm #654495
- June 14, 2022 at 8:08 am #652841Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 584Has thanked: 4025 timesBeen thanked: 2592 times
The song that has always been special to me and my femme side is ‘I feel like a woman’ by Shania Twain. When I listen to the song and the lyrics I relax, go to my happy place and let the sweet pink fog envelope me. I just love it!! 😍
- June 14, 2022 at 4:40 am #652789
- June 13, 2022 at 8:24 pm #652264Hose HeelsLadyRegistered On: May 9, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 74 times
“This is Me” from the Greatest Showman soundtrack, “Man, I feel like a woman”, “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera are a few that come to mind.
- June 13, 2022 at 1:08 pm #652161Amy CatrelleLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2022Topics: 11Replies: 258Has thanked: 643 timesBeen thanked: 1169 times
- June 13, 2022 at 12:06 pm #652149AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Music has always been an important part of my life, so yes, I have many songs that scream out “That’s me!!!”
Here’s just a partial list of some of my favorites:
Ann-Margret: “How Lovely to Be a Woman” (from “Bye Bye, Birdie”
Doris Day: “I Enjoy Being a Girl” (from “Flower Drum Song”)
Nancy Kwan: “I Enjoy Being a Girl” (the original recording from “Flower Drum Song”)
Emily Reid: “Good Time Being a Woman”
Peggy Lee: “I’m a Woman”
Helen Reddy: “I Am Woman”
Shania Twain: “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”
The Three Degrees: “I Like Being a Woman”
And on and on and on…
Like I said, music is and always has been very important to me, so finding tunes that reflected who I am was also very important!
- June 2, 2022 at 12:53 pm #649672Venus EnvyLadyRegistered On: April 9, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 104Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 444 times
- June 2, 2022 at 11:40 am #649661Karla RogersDuchessRegistered On: December 30, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 137Has thanked: 256 timesBeen thanked: 676 times
- June 1, 2022 at 2:43 pm #649506Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 963Has thanked: 3438 timesBeen thanked: 4922 times
- June 5, 2022 at 3:28 am #650233Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 618Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 2787 times
- June 1, 2022 at 1:54 pm #649497Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 38Replies: 1166Has thanked: 5280 timesBeen thanked: 5364 times
- June 5, 2022 at 3:26 am #650232
- June 1, 2022 at 12:59 pm #649486AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Anything from Momoland, but especially one of their newer singles in Yummy Yummy Love. Don’t ask, I don’t know who wrote the song or why it’s called that. Just like the piece
- May 13, 2022 at 6:47 pm #645070Brandie KnoxLadyRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 93Replies: 129Has thanked: 1201 timesBeen thanked: 2127 times
- May 13, 2022 at 6:21 pm #645065Roberta LaneLadyRegistered On: May 10, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 199Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 817 times
Mine is I Am Woman by Helen Reddy.When I first heard this song back in 1973 when I was thirteen and had not long started crossdressing.I got the song entirely wrong.I didn’t realise that it was a Women’s Liberation song.I just thought it was a celebration of being a woman.I am sure I sang it one day when I was wearing a pair of tights and my mum’s skirt.It resonated with me because deep down inside I wanted to be a woman when I growup.I obviously had’t heard the hook line,” I am strong,I am invicible”.That wouldn’t have been me at all.I wanted to be soft and girly.
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Roberta Lane.
- June 1, 2022 at 2:48 pm #649509
- April 17, 2022 at 8:20 am #639360Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress by the Hollies. Every time I start to really glam up (big event in an evening dress) this tune starts to pulse thorough my body. And, then when I think that I look just nice but old (which I am) my mental juke box starts playing Both Sides Now by Judy Collins. Thanks for this topic and Party On ! Marg
- April 16, 2022 at 1:47 pm #639179Evan NineDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 280 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
- April 16, 2022 at 11:42 am #639165Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 123Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 634 times
Ob-la-di Ob-la-da by the Beatles. McCartney made a mistake in the last verse, switching the places of Desmond and Molly Jones. So it’s “Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face”. The mistake amused them and they left it in. It’s such a happy song and it describes my life, so I love it.
Also, if I’m feeling romantic – Black Velvet by Alannah Myles
Or if I’m feeling self-assured – Strut by Sheena Easton
- April 16, 2022 at 4:44 pm #639230
- April 16, 2022 at 11:05 am #639159Amanda WoodsLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 145Has thanked: 260 timesBeen thanked: 593 times
- March 23, 2022 at 6:55 am #630776Cindy JonesLadyRegistered On: July 31, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 67Has thanked: 1007 timesBeen thanked: 259 times
Thanks for a great topic. For me, it’s “Groove Is In The Heart” by Deee-Lite. The meaning of the lyrics are interpreted many different ways, but the funky club vibe is undeniable. I wear my tight top, short skirt, and 5 inch heels… oh my, just can’t stop dancing.
- March 23, 2022 at 9:27 pm #630920
- March 22, 2022 at 10:47 pm #630745Tina AllenRegistered On: August 16, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 51Has thanked: 543 timesBeen thanked: 247 times
- March 23, 2022 at 2:25 am #630752
- March 21, 2022 at 9:03 am #630418
- March 20, 2022 at 6:42 pm #630299Johannah 66LadyRegistered On: July 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 207 times
- March 20, 2022 at 5:32 pm #630289Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 248Has thanked: 682 timesBeen thanked: 814 times
- March 19, 2022 at 1:41 am #629999
- March 5, 2022 at 8:27 am #626832
- February 26, 2022 at 2:48 am #624997Siri StormLadyRegistered On: October 28, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 5Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 35 times
When I dress up and do my chores, I have youtube list
- February 25, 2022 at 10:17 pm #624964Jane MansfieldLadyRegistered On: December 27, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 318Has thanked: 645 timesBeen thanked: 1123 times
- February 22, 2022 at 1:21 am #623948Malody SingriteLadyRegistered On: February 16, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 11Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 40 times
First off, I’d like to give compliments for this topic. This is a great topic. The question was a hard one to answer for me though. I have TONS of great songs and reasons for them all. But if I had to choose just 1 for current times it’d be…
SONG: “ADDICT” written by Silva Hound and preformed by Michael Kovach & Kelly “Chi-Chi” Boyer (written for Hazbin Hotel)
REASON: Because after all these years I have finally felt ready to let myself go and pretty much say F the haters and just finally be myself… do what I want, say what I want, dress how I want, become who I feel I was always meant to be… whatever it takes to finally be me for once. Cause I’m sick and tired of having to hide who and what I truly am within
- February 14, 2022 at 5:31 am #621411
- February 14, 2022 at 4:18 am #621402AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- February 14, 2022 at 3:31 am #621394AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- February 8, 2022 at 9:27 am #619458AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- February 6, 2022 at 2:07 am #618633SiobhanLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 126Has thanked: 885 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
Against Me! – True Trans Soul Rebel from the album Transgender Dysphoria Blues
Boy George – She Was Never He
Lou Reed – Walk On The Wild Side
Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace – Androgenous
Mina Caputo – Identity
- January 13, 2022 at 3:45 pm #611409AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I had to wear a girdle all day at school, so I guess a song that represents my sheer relief at being able to take it off at the end of the day and let it all hang out would be by Cat Stevens – I Can’t Keep It In (I can’t keep it in, I gotta let it out…).
- September 26, 2021 at 11:47 pm #548824Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 145Replies: 1434Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6385 times
1/. In past years… All the Linda Rondsadt/Nelson Riddle old “torch songs” she and he did so well> I had them all on casette and would play them on my am/radio cassette player in hotel rooms in many places around the world. “mood music” as I put on my make up and got dressed for a Caty session.
2/ These days a circa 60-70 song playlist on my “old faithful” Ipod, (with the little wheel) featuring a combination of James Galway on flute and a little known but gifted Canadian singer/songwriter/ musician named Richard Samuels . Richard on paino and “jimmy tootling his flute” is my latter day “music to be come Caty by”.
It also doubles as my resident “send me off to sleep nightime music”
- September 26, 2021 at 6:37 pm #548725Bobbi BeeblebroxLadyRegistered On: September 26, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 25 times
- June 13, 2022 at 10:12 pm #652271AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I was wondering when someone would mention “Lola” by The Kinks. I couldn’t believe a song about a transvestite made it on the radio in the 60’s with the line “I’m not the world’s most passionate man, but I know what I am in the bed of a man, so does Lola, lo-lo-lo-lo-Lola…”
- September 11, 2021 at 1:34 am #541811Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 481Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 2344 times
I’m still looking for that perfect song to add to the videos I like to make of myself in fem.
So far the only one I have used that I made a fun video around is “Walkin Round in Women’s Underwear. I enjoyed making the video and even posted it on Youtube
- June 27, 2021 at 2:32 am #509945Jenn (Jennifer) ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 106Has thanked: 929 timesBeen thanked: 608 times
Some of Jen’s favourites have already been mentioned! But also,
Kelly Marie – Feels Like I’m in Love
Madonna – Material Girl
Sophie Ellis-Bexter – Murder on the Dancefloor
Night Club – Die in the Disco
I don’t need too much encouragement to start circling my handbag, in a pair of heels, when the opportunity allows!
- June 26, 2021 at 6:18 pm #509847ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 797Has thanked: 3143 timesBeen thanked: 3925 times
Here are a couple of songs I’ve liked over the years –
Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want to Have Fun (I wanna be the one to walk in the sun)
and that other Beatle Song
Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da Life Goes On.
- June 26, 2021 at 5:53 pm #509842AnonymousDuchessTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I have always liked “Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac. The title says it.
I also have a soft spot for Bette Midler’s version of “One Monkey Don’t Stop No Show.” I performed it a few years ago at a St. Louis club amateur night.
- June 25, 2021 at 2:52 pm #509491Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1540Has thanked: 5096 timesBeen thanked: 7617 times
“I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan is the current top of my list.
I have it on my car playlist, and sing along every time it comes around. When I walked past a bar on Saturday evening, it was blaring out of the open windows, and I couldn’t stop myself moving a little to the beat, smiling widely and singing along.
Suddenly I was grabbed by a large group of women and encouraged to dance with them right there on the pavement outside the bar, all of us singing at the tops of our voices – it was a magical moment, and a singularly appropriate song!
- June 25, 2021 at 2:05 pm #509481Melanie MayerLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 140 times
- June 21, 2021 at 11:05 am #507928
- June 19, 2021 at 4:05 pm #506713
- June 14, 2021 at 8:03 am #504413Robin RobenoltRegistered On: April 5, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 6Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 75 times
- June 13, 2021 at 5:30 pm #504214AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 13, 2021 at 3:08 pm #504150AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 13, 2021 at 4:15 pm #504180
- June 13, 2021 at 3:02 pm #504146Paula FRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1551Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6426 times
My mood determines the music I like listening too, so my choices jump all over the place.
Lola….. The Kinks
Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon,….. Cherry, Cherry….. Kentucky Woman…. Shiloh….. Neil Diamond (and yes, I have been Diamondized)
Unknown Legend….. Neil Young
Black Magic Woman….. Santana
Gold Dust Woman….. Touched By An Angel….. Stevie Nicks
That’s just a few
- June 13, 2021 at 4:17 pm #504184
- June 13, 2021 at 6:09 am #503971Nikki DahlLadyRegistered On: July 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 168Has thanked: 71 timesBeen thanked: 494 times
- March 20, 2022 at 3:04 pm #630260
- June 9, 2021 at 8:14 pm #502505DreamRegistered On: December 31, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 58Has thanked: 376 timesBeen thanked: 327 times
Lou Reed ” Walk on The Wild Side ” When this was playing on the radio I couldn’t tell you how many times I wanted to pluck my eye brows and shave my legs and hitch hike to L.A.
the Sugar Punk Fairy
- June 9, 2021 at 11:56 am #502350Felicia MarsLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 67Has thanked: 613 timesBeen thanked: 347 times
When I get to the end of the week and I want to just let my hair down – ‘Gasoline’ by HAIM ft. Taylor Swift. OMG so good, sexy and fun: Haim – Gasoline (Lyrics) ft. Taylor Swift – YouTube
Another one that gets me whenever I listen to it but speaks to me and the journey – ‘Let Go’ by Frou Frou: Frou Frou – Let Go – YouTube
If I’m in the mood to dance – ‘Raining’ by Kaskade & Adam K ft. Sunsun: Kaskade & Adam K ft. Sunsun – Raining (Dance.Love Edit) – YouTube
- January 20, 2023 at 5:25 am #710833MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 12Replies: 177Has thanked: 883 timesBeen thanked: 1053 times
OMG, I love Haim. “Now I’m in It” makes me think of being in the Pink Fog. Great video for that song, also.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 6, 2021 at 9:17 pm #501341Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 65Has thanked: 248 timesBeen thanked: 311 times
I pretty much see music as the soundtrack to my life, so have songs that speak to all sorts of moods and situations. Also I have very eclectic tastes, so few would actually recognize my influences, but I do love talking music so couldn’t resist. A few songs that have profound meaning for me would be Lotus by Liv Kirstien, Stand Your Ground by Within Temptation and I Walk Alone by Tarja. All hit at the struggle of finding yourself and/or believing in who you are.
- June 6, 2021 at 8:41 pm #501332Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 718Has thanked: 1719 timesBeen thanked: 1943 times
Hey, Carolyn, here’s mine: The song “Travelin’ Thru” by Dolly Parton, from the movie “Transamerica”. I love the song itself, but the lyrics seem to speak volumes to confused CDs/TGs everywhere, on their journey toward seeking understanding about “where they’re going” and “where they’ve been”.
(At least, that’s what it means to me.)
- June 6, 2021 at 4:13 pm #501247AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
At times my mood changes to the song candyman from Christina Aguilera
- June 6, 2021 at 4:01 pm #501243Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 30Replies: 4993Has thanked: 73641 timesBeen thanked: 17468 times
- June 6, 2021 at 4:12 pm #501246
- June 6, 2021 at 3:30 pm #501231
- June 6, 2021 at 12:50 pm #501180Helene EtrangeLadyRegistered On: May 31, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 5 times
- January 21, 2023 at 1:21 pm #711171Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 419Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 1474 times
Anne- Freida said the first time Benny played Dancing Queen for her she cried at its sheer beauty.
- June 6, 2021 at 12:53 pm #501181Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 618Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 2787 times
- June 6, 2021 at 1:14 pm #501190
- June 6, 2021 at 12:03 pm #501167KrissyLadyRegistered On: June 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 412Has thanked: 720 timesBeen thanked: 1611 times