- November 18, 2018 at 7:14 am #129159
Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 330Replies: 1139Has thanked: 2866 timesBeen thanked: 2110 times
hi girls, fiona here. I was listening to music like I normally do and I came across a track which made my heart miss a beat. it was avicii (sadly missed r.i.p) and nicky romero- I could be the one. it just felt so apt. do you girls have a favorite track which helps you along with your journey or maybe bring back memories when you first begun?
- August 29, 2019 at 5:14 pm #214952Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 70Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
- August 29, 2019 at 11:17 pm #214991Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 713Has thanked: 916 timesBeen thanked: 1056 times
I love Muse’s version – it’s on my playlist and I always sing along.
- August 29, 2019 at 5:23 pm #214953Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 70Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
and of course……….Lola
- August 29, 2019 at 4:10 pm #214931
- August 29, 2019 at 2:53 pm #214908Roberta ThomasParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2018Topics: 61Replies: 523Has thanked: 1135 timesBeen thanked: 929 times
Before my wife became accepting of Roberta I used to take days off work just to dress.I would always select some CD’s and tapes by female singers and singalong.I do actually have a good singing voice and have a gift for singing in a female voice.I always played The Corrs first three albums,Celine Dion,Gabrielle and The Carpenters.I am embarassed to say that I did this whilst admiring my hosed legs in the dressing table mirror.It was like my own personal female impersonation show.In those days my girl name was Belinda.I still affectionately call those selections ‘Belinda’s Girly Collection’. The song I had the most fun with was The Carpenters version of Jambalya.I did much skirt swirling to that one.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Roberta Thomas.
- August 21, 2019 at 12:43 pm #210730Noelia6ParticipantRegistered On: July 11, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 21 times
I love Roxette and I identify with several songs as I am a woman (FADING LIKE A FLOWER) that I love a mi me encanta Roxette y me identifico con varias canciones como soy una mujer ( FADING LIKE A FLOWER) que me encanta
- August 21, 2019 at 2:30 am #210484Bianca EverdeneParticipantRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 250Has thanked: 613 timesBeen thanked: 510 times
- August 20, 2019 at 11:03 pm #210468anne-marieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 230Has thanked: 277 timesBeen thanked: 251 times
For me it’s Clare Torry singing Butterflies by Dolly Parton. This was the theme tune to butterflies sit com which was on TV in my formative years. When I wad home alone on Sundays I used to put this on TV and would dress en-femme and also tried my hand at dress-making (I was rubish at that) but the song kinda became my crossdressing mantra for a while.
Take care girls
- July 24, 2019 at 12:22 pm #200823Alicen ThairmsParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 93Has thanked: 255 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
I had a renaissance of interest in popular music when I got back to crossdressing a couple of years ago. Music I listen to a lot : Inna – Fly Like you do it …. like a woman (hot) , and lots of her other music; along with tracks by Meghan Trainor, Rihanna ….
- July 24, 2019 at 10:17 am #200798
- June 11, 2019 at 10:57 pm #184825Rachel PlainParticipantRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 199Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 318 times
- January 10, 2019 at 3:33 pm #142340Jasmine FletcherParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 295Has thanked: 155 timesBeen thanked: 421 times
- January 6, 2019 at 11:23 am #141167
- December 18, 2018 at 11:22 pm #135910ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 713Has thanked: 916 timesBeen thanked: 1056 times
- December 18, 2018 at 9:24 pm #135896Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 282Has thanked: 360 timesBeen thanked: 424 times
Maybe it’s just that I love the song, but the lyrics to Dolly Parton’s “Travelin’ Thru” (from the movie “Transamerica”) seem to aptly describe the life journey of a confused and isolated crossdresser just trying to make sense of it all. The song makes me feel such great empathy for all CD sisters longing to be comfortable with their femme sides.
- December 18, 2018 at 6:01 pm #135854Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 809Has thanked: 1250 timesBeen thanked: 836 times
The amazing workings within our minds eh? I was making a work list earlier, didn’t even have music on which is weird and it just came to me
Joni Mitchell- Both sides now
Even though I haven’t heard it in a while, it made me smile from ear to ear. Then I had to look back to find this posting
- December 19, 2018 at 9:36 am #135992SweetJaneParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 16 times
This is such a great thread. I love Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides” so much too! Music is so therapeutic for me. Other great songs that have special meanings and great messages:
“Reflection” by Lea Salonga or Christina Aguilara
“If I were a Boy” by Beyonce
“She Wolf” by Shakira
- December 12, 2018 at 9:54 am #134181Miranda LebelParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 43Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
Several come to mind.
Low spark of High Heeled boys – Traffic
You can’t always get what you want – Rolling Stones
My Girl – Temptations
- December 12, 2018 at 4:48 am #134127Jessica RabbitParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
‘Heart Attack’ by Demi Lovato is my go to. Others are: ‘just a girl’ by no doubt, ‘cheap thrills’ by sia and ‘rewrite the stars’ from the greatest showman (can imagine both male and female sides of me singing to each other)
- December 11, 2018 at 2:43 am #133928
- December 7, 2018 at 9:09 pm #133375Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 38Replies: 378Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 531 times
When Linda Rondstadt was in her “Nelson Riddle Orchestra period” ie all the old standards and torch songs, that was when I was working in my “much overseas travel job”and of course back then they were on cassette.
So me and my lil old portable cassette recorder would get together in my hotel room bathroom and I would do my make up. hair and get dressed to such oldies as “I love you for Sentimental Reasons”. “Skylark” and “Guess I’ll hang my tears out to dry”
Wonderful “mood music”. Still have the cassettes and until recently, still used them as my “dressing music”.
Tho when it came to wash my breast forms…” Guess I’ll…etc etc”……
Leave “y’all” to guess the rest…
- December 22, 2018 at 3:11 pm #136714Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 38Replies: 378Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 531 times
I’ve not seen anyone mention Carole Kings “You make me feel like a natural woman”
And of course, “The Impossible Dream” by whoever recorded it!!
Why? Cos my version of the above is to be able to be Caty in the presence of my beloved and that just aint gunna happen
- December 7, 2018 at 7:01 am #133218Brianna RainParticipantRegistered On: December 3, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 32Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
I just found this amazing song and video (“Cameron” by Jillette Johnson) https://youtu.be/5uQP7Fgk5T0
However, the song that I will always most associate with my crossdressing journey is Bonnie Raitt’s “Let’s Give Them Something To Talk About”. I remember listening to that song as a teenager while I locked myself in my bedroom (even though no one was home) and danced around wearing bra and panties.
- November 18, 2018 at 2:17 pm #129235AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 46 times
When I am all dolled up and I have my sexiest outfit on and that feminine part of me takes over , I like nasty naughty boy, by Christina aguilera it is such a sexy song , that sounds like something from bygone era.
- November 18, 2018 at 11:40 am #129211Jessica LoveRegistered On: October 16, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
One that I adore that has recently connected with me is “Maybe It’s Time” by Bradley Cooper from the “A Star is Born” soundtrack. In the movie he sang it in in a Drag Bar and the lyrics are poignant. It’s kind of become a mantra for me personally.
- November 18, 2018 at 11:28 am #129210Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1987Has thanked: 1681 timesBeen thanked: 1790 times
Hi girls……I do know of these songs. Unfortunately, I din’t have any songs that went with my introduction to cross-dressing. About the closet I ever came was Frank Sinatras’….”When I was 17, it was a very good year”. I was introduced to many different things in life at that age….my first cross-dressing experience at an LGBT party, before they were known as that.
- November 18, 2018 at 11:08 am #129206
- November 18, 2018 at 10:29 am #129200AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 642Has thanked: 190 timesBeen thanked: 390 times
Take a walk on the wild side.Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.
- November 18, 2018 at 10:21 am #129199
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.