• This topic has 28 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

hi girls, fiona here. I was listening to music like I normally do and I came across a track which made my heart miss a beat. it was avicii (sadly missed r.i.p) and nicky romero- I could be the one. it just felt so apt. do you girls have a favorite track which helps you along with your journey or maybe bring back memories when you first begun?

fiona xxxx

Madonna, “What it feels like for a girl”

Anonymous

Take a walk on the wild side.

Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
      Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
      Plucked her eyebrows on the way
      Shaved her legs and then he was a she
      She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
      Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Hi girls……I do know of these songs. Unfortunately, I din’t have any songs that went with my introduction to cross-dressing. About the closet I ever came was Frank Sinatras’….”When I was 17, it was a very good year”. I was introduced to many different things in life at that age….my first cross-dressing experience at an LGBT party, before they were known as that.

Dame Veronica

One that I adore that has recently connected with me is “Maybe It’s Time” by Bradley Cooper from the “A Star is Born” soundtrack. In the movie he sang it in in a Drag Bar and the lyrics are poignant. It’s kind of become a mantra for me personally.

Anonymous

When I am all dolled up and I have my sexiest outfit on and that feminine part of me takes over , I like nasty naughty boy, by Christina aguilera it is such a  sexy song , that sounds like something from bygone era.

Anonymous

I just found this amazing song and video (“Cameron” by Jillette Johnson) https://youtu.be/5uQP7Fgk5T0

However, the song that I will always most associate with my crossdressing journey is Bonnie Raitt’s “Let’s Give Them Something To Talk About”. I remember listening to that song as a teenager while I locked myself in my bedroom (even though no one was home) and danced around wearing bra and panties.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

When Linda Rondstadt was in her “Nelson Riddle Orchestra period” ie all the old standards and torch songs, that was when I was working in my “much overseas travel job”and of course back then they were on cassette.

So me and my lil old portable cassette recorder would get together in my hotel room bathroom and I would do my make up. hair and get dressed to such oldies as “I love you for Sentimental Reasons”. “Skylark” and “Guess I’ll hang my tears out to dry”

Wonderful “mood music”. Still have the cassettes and until recently, still used them as my “dressing music”.

Tho when it came to wash my breast forms…” Guess I’ll…etc etc”……

Leave “y’all” to guess the rest…

Caty

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Hi all

I’ve not seen anyone mention Carole Kings “You make me feel like a natural woman”

And of course, “The Impossible Dream” by whoever recorded it!!

Why? Cos my version of the above is to be able to be Caty in the presence of my beloved and that just aint gunna happen

Caty

Anonymous

The Who – I’m a Boy

Pink Fairies – I Wish I Was A Girl

Queen – I Want to Break Free

All resonate with me!

‘Heart Attack’ by Demi Lovato is my go to. Others are: ‘just a girl’ by no doubt, ‘cheap thrills’ by sia and ‘rewrite the stars’ from the greatest showman (can imagine both male and female sides of me singing to each other)

Anonymous

Several come to mind.

Low spark of High Heeled boys – Traffic

You can’t always get what you want – Rolling Stones

My Girl – Temptations

The amazing workings within our minds eh? I was making a work list earlier, didn’t even have music on which is weird and it just came to me

Joni Mitchell- Both sides now

Even though I haven’t heard it in a while, it made me smile from ear to ear. Then I had to look back to find this posting

This is such a great thread. I love Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides” so much too! Music is so therapeutic for me. Other great songs that have special meanings and great messages:
        “Reflection” by Lea Salonga or Christina Aguilara
        “If I were a Boy” by Beyonce
        “She Wolf” by Shakira

Maybe it’s just that I love the song, but the lyrics to Dolly Parton’s “Travelin’ Thru” (from the movie “Transamerica”) seem to aptly describe the life journey of a confused and isolated crossdresser just trying to make sense of it all.  The song makes me feel such great empathy for all CD sisters longing to be comfortable with their femme sides.

Anonymous

A few more Queen songs with more CD relevance than I’d previously realised;

1. Now I’m Here

2. Spread Your Wings

3. Keep Yourself Alive

4. Killer Queen

5. Lily of the Valley

Enjoy the depths of these!

Love

Laura

I just listened to Percy Sledge, when a man loves a woman with my CD ears haha. Whole new meaning!

Anonymous

Kate Bush : The Sensual World.   https://youtu.be/h1DDndY0FLI

I used to imagine dancing through those trees in that dress.

now I’ve powers o’er a woman’s body, yes
      Stepping out of the page into the sensual world
      Stepping out

‘Animate’ by Rush. Strictly it’s about the Jungian concept of the anima and animus, but I’ve always found the lyrics just simply about the girl inside.

She by Green Day.

She figured out that all her doubts are someone else’s point of view.

I had a renaissance of interest in popular music when I got back to crossdressing a couple of years ago. Music I listen to a lot : Inna – Fly Like you do it …. like a woman (hot) , and lots of her other music; along with tracks by Meghan Trainor, Rihanna ….

For me it’s Clare Torry singing Butterflies by Dolly Parton. This was the theme tune to butterflies sit com which was on TV in my formative years. When I wad home alone on Sundays I used to put this on TV and would dress en-femme and also tried my hand at dress-making (I was rubish at that) but the song kinda became my crossdressing mantra for a while.

Take care girls

Anne-Marie.

‘Man I feel like a woman’ Shania Twain.

Anything and everything by ABBA

Dancing to ‘New Rules’ by Dua Lipa on my first (and only) GNO. Music sometimes takes you back to a perfect moment in time.

love

B

Noelia6
      Lady
      I love Roxette and I identify with several songs as I am a woman (FADING LIKE A FLOWER) that I love

a mi me encanta Roxette y me identifico con varias canciones como soy una mujer ( FADING LIKE A FLOWER) que me encanta

Before my wife became accepting of Roberta I used to take days off work just to dress.I would always select some CD’s and tapes by female singers and singalong.I do actually have a good singing voice and have a gift for singing in a female voice.I always played The Corrs first three albums,Celine Dion,Gabrielle and The Carpenters.I am embarassed to say that I did this whilst admiring my hosed legs in the dressing table mirror.It was like my own personal female impersonation show.In those days my girl name was Belinda.I still affectionately call those selections ‘Belinda’s Girly Collection’. The song I had the most fun with was The Carpenters version of Jambalya.I did much skirt swirling to that one.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Highway To Hell comes to mind.

The chorus from Nina Simones Feeling Good     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Y11hwjMNs

It’s a new dawn

It’s a new day

it’s a new life     For me

And I’m feeling good.

Sal x

and of course……….Lola

Anonymous

I love Muse’s version – it’s on my playlist and I always sing along.

Love Laura

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?