• Creator
    Topic
    Rose
    Participant
    Registered On: September 15, 2016
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 618

Hi ladies.

Is there a way to change the sort order of forum posts? I’ve looked around and can’t find it. If I want to read the replies in the order they were made (my preference) I need to read the original post, then go to the last post (sometimes on another page) and essentially “read backward.”

Is there a way to change the order from “newest first” to “oldest first,” or some other trick?

Thanks in advance!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Darcy Grigsby
      Lady
      Registered On: July 1, 2020
      Topics: 33
      Replies: 201

On another forum I belong to if you have read a portion of a thread and you return to it later after additional posts have been made it will take you automatically to your first unread post within that thread.

And the order is in oldest first. I find this to be the best of all. Of course I’m sure that all runs on cookies and if you are like me you use private browsing when looking at CD content.

Marti
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 957

Hello girls,

I smile – as an ex software developer and and also as an ex moderator (on a very different sort of site). I’ve seen users get apoplectic about this topic. Luckily not often. But it’s one of those things where you can’t please all the people all the time

If you implement threads as bottom posting (or did I mean top?) it means new posts to an old and revisited thread are there to see at the top, and you don’t have to scroll down past posts you’ve already seen. But there again … {insert counter argument here}. And I accept some sites offer a drop down to let you choose your preferred style.

But I’m not sitting on the wall about this subject. My personal choice is “Whatever. I’ll live with it”.

Tongue in cheek πŸ˜‰

Marti xxx

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Marti.
      Pumped
      Lady
      Registered On: November 22, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 145

The way this forum is laid out is one big reason I don’t spend much time here. I really despise the layout. This is the only forum I am on with this layout, all the others are different from this, but very similar to each other.

Responding to posts and trying to understand the sequence of other posts in the same thread has me simply confused!

Kelly Terry
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: February 26, 2018
      Topics: 45
      Replies: 463

I’m old school and grown up with bottom posting, just hate this top posting that all email clients now show

A: Yes.

Q: Are you sure?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Yvette T
      Lady
      Registered On: January 10, 2022
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 8

I still think this is the wrong way round and would prefer oldest replies at the top and newest at the bottom as that’s how I read the replies. Any comments anyone.

Y

Anonymous
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 0

Agreed.. the default sorting is confusing.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2022 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.