Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Rose
      Lady

Hi ladies.

Is there a way to change the sort order of forum posts? I’ve looked around and can’t find it. If I want to read the replies in the order they were made (my preference) I need to read the original post, then go to the last post (sometimes on another page) and essentially “read backward.”

Is there a way to change the order from “newest first” to “oldest first,” or some other trick?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Agreed.. the default sorting is confusing.

Yvette T
      Lady

I still think this is the wrong way round and would prefer oldest replies at the top and newest at the bottom as that’s how I read the replies. Any comments anyone.

Y

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I’m old school and grown up with bottom posting, just hate this top posting that all email clients now show

A: Yes.

Q: Are you sure?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

Pumped
      Lady

The way this forum is laid out is one big reason I don’t spend much time here. I really despise the layout. This is the only forum I am on with this layout, all the others are different from this, but very similar to each other.

Responding to posts and trying to understand the sequence of other posts in the same thread has me simply confused!

Anonymous

Hello girls,

I smile – as an ex software developer and and also as an ex moderator (on a very different sort of site). I’ve seen users get apoplectic about this topic. Luckily not often. But it’s one of those things where you can’t please all the people all the time

If you implement threads as bottom posting (or did I mean top?) it means new posts to an old and revisited thread are there to see at the top, and you don’t have to scroll down past posts you’ve already seen. But there again … {insert counter argument here}. And I accept some sites offer a drop down to let you choose your preferred style.

But I’m not sitting on the wall about this subject. My personal choice is “Whatever. I’ll live with it”.

Tongue in cheek 😉

Marti xxx

On another forum I belong to if you have read a portion of a thread and you return to it later after additional posts have been made it will take you automatically to your first unread post within that thread.

And the order is in oldest first. I find this to be the best of all. Of course I’m sure that all runs on cookies and if you are like me you use private browsing when looking at CD content.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Get Help Using Crossdresser Heaven’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?