Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

In the midst of a pandemic, I cringed at the thought of getting my ears pierced. I wasn’t put off by the process; I was concerned about exposure. Call me excessively cautious, but I’ll err on the side of caution until I’ve got the vaccine(s) coursing through my veins.

As I was discussing my concerns out loud on a Crossport support Zoom meeting, one of the members surprised me: “You know, you can get kits online and do it yourself at home.” A smile lit up my face!

I had been considering ear piercing for a while. BC (Before Covid) I was getting closer to making a decision, but not quite. As the months have crawled by, I’ve gotten comfortable with the idea of earrings dangling against my neck in the traditional hooks and posts. I knew the selection of posts and such would be much greater in the pierced section of stores.

But until I heard my friend mention the DIY solution, I thought I would either have to brave the tattoo parlor or put it off until the end of Covid.  With this tidbit of news; No more waiting!

Even with the sense of freedom I felt with this DIY knowledge, it took me weeks to even look them up online, and more weeks before I ordered them. Then they sat on my table, taunting me, leering at me for another week.

Tonight would be the night.

As I open the package, I expect to find some instructions. Nope. No instructions. I knew it was simple, and I might be able to figure it out on my own, but there were only two cartridges, and once spent they are disposed of.

I go online and sure enough, the instructions were in the item description.

I look in the mirror, feeling a tipping point coming on. Well, I knew that I could reverse the procedure by ignoring it long enough, but it felt like a big commitment to actually spear my ear with a dagger of steel.

Following the instructions, I move the “gun” into place. I hesitate, remembering the instructions to “Do it quickly.”

SNAP!

Being right next to my ear, it is a loud report, and plastic parts shoot into the mirror, surprising me.

And there it was. A 3 mm post resting in my flesh. With a modicum of pain. On to the next one. The second one stings a bit more, and takes longer to settle down. It will be fine.

I am delighted with the look! Immediately, it seems like I had upleveled my feminine presentation, that my face has taken on new gracefulness. Though my hair falls below my ears, it curls inward so that there is a “tunnel” to see the glittering stone catch the ambient light.

I am pleased, relieved, and excited. Chalk this one up as another experience of gender euphoria.

Have any of you tried the DIY method?

The thought of doing this excites me. When I return to work in March, I’m gonna check the dress code. If men can’t have pierced ears, it might be necessary for me to come out so that it would be acceptable. Time will tell. I’m glad to know there are options if the Covid is still as bad as it is now.

The shipyard where I work only has regulations about dangly earrings in production areas, as a safety thing. That’s male or female. Also a heel height limit, and no skirts in production areas too. I’m not sure they’re allowed to say it’s okay for women but not men… seems like that leads to lawyers and suits (that you can’t wear, lol). I got my ears some last weekend, and have no damns to give about what’s said about it. And of course, so far nobody has said a word. They’re very observant…

That’s wonderful. I’d wear a skirt if I could if only to make my close minded supervisor uncomfortable. I have to do a lot of field work, literally. I’m walking through prairies and through the woods a lot. Jeans are just way more practical. And men and women all wear uniforms and they really don’t vary much beyond the cut. Women don’t even wear skirts. I’m probably gonna cause a stir regardless because I have been sculpting my eyebrows but I really want to thin them out much more.

Hi Lorie Its nice to meet you and have mine both done 25 years ago back in Fla where i grew up . I was married when i was cool ha ha wife pierced 1 ear for me as we picked out a pair of nice diamond post earings  we cleaned it with alcohol and she looked and placed a pen dot on lobe to make sure it was straight said ok and grabbed my ear and pushed it thru hurt a little but not bad .  Went to work next day and boss i had was a prude really pissed him off that i would do that ?? worked in construction industry so no like in public lime lite as a bank or anything i knew he could not do anything about it and he was an a-hole anyhow and didnt care for him.  That evening wife went shopping i was home alone she had all kids with her  so i went and took round # 2 i pierced my other one as wife knew about Stephanie she kind of said ok no big deal did it to piss off boss at work and did a good job of it  others i worked with as same as wife they were ok and life went on  ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Hi Lorie,

And congratulations on the “new” ears. Gender euphoria, indeed! It will be a year next week that I had my last haircut, had my ears pierced, and realized that I’m really a girl, despite being a GM.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Congratulations on the discovery journey, Bettylou!

Anonymous

In the immortal words of The King, “Thank you, thank you very much.

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Anonymous

Hi Lorie,

I bought the do it yourself kit from Amazon and did one ear. Minimal pain, just a pinch.  I have several relatives that are shocked that I have an earring. Planning on doing the other ear, but I am not sure when.

Kay

Relatives can be scary. Your plan sounds perfect. Let everyone – especially yourself! – get used to the first one. The second earring will be perfect in it’s own time. No hurry.

I thought about diy, but just said screw it and went to Claire’s last Sunday, I think it was. Love it! I feel the same euphoria. Just make sure you do the aftercare and keep from infection.

That’s awesome, Bridgette. I thought mine were so small and that my hair might cover them, but a friend noticed them. It’s very obvious, I guess, no hiding! That’s good, cause I’m in that place.

None of the guys I work with have said anything. I’m not even sure they really noticed, I mean no weird looks or anything, and I’ve got short hair. Of course they also haven’t noticed the clear nail polish or lip gloss in a color close to my natural lip color. They’re very observant…

Lol you go Gurl. I pierced my left ear twice in my life, the first time was in high school with a safety pin at a campout!!! Needless to say within a few weeks I had to have a friend pull the stud out during band practice. The main thing to watch out for is infection, so keep those lobes clean, and use plenty of rubbing alcohol. The second time was in college, and I took better care of this one. Had a silver hoop I wore for 3+ years.

I have done almost all of my own piercings. I did have the one’s in the top of my left ear done while at the state fair almost 6 year’s ago.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

It may be a Christmas present to myself . I want to and have for a while. With this pandemic it certainly has made it difficult so hopefully soon I’ll go ahead and take the plunge and do it.  Congrats to you…🌷

If self surgery scares you I suggest going to claires where they spray the lobe to numb it and shoot a needle through the lobe with a gun. Quick easy and painless girls and less than 10 dollars. I remember years ago after piercing my ears how wonderful I felt just wearing post and studs. Amazing what it does for ones self image and highly recommend it.

This is a little off topic, but what the hay,
      I would love to pierce my ears, or have them done, But I have several cysts/blocked pores in each earlobe, have had bumps there for most of my life.
      Doess anyone have experience with these? is there a way to get rid of them?
      my dr said 45 years ago, he could cut them out, but I just ignored them mostly
      Regine

Peta Mari
      Lady

I did my own. Looked in a mirror and dotted my lobs where to pierce. Made sure they looked balanced.

Got a unused hard foam makeup block. Sterilized a big sewing pin, with the color ball on the end. And got some ice.

I numbed the earlobe with the ice. Then held the foam block at the back of the earlobe, and pushed the pin through into the foam.

I left the pin in the ear, and repeated the process in the other ear. I rotated the pin a few times, and then removed the pin and inserted the stud.

Anonymous

Just a quick update. I pierced my other ear. My plan was to wait awhile, but I kept asking myself why? I got the stink eye from my mother in law! LOL That’s ok, I am not here to live my life according to her rules.

BTW, I love my earrings! I can’t wait for them to heal so I can put in some really nice hoops or dangles.

Kay

Now Kay you can wear those long dangling or big hoop earrings without the fear of them falling off.  You will adore the feel of them swinging and moving about as you engage in everyday activities.

Gen, that’s a great story. I can understand the cold feet. It’s so permanent! They are there ALL THE TIME.

It reminds me of wearing nail polish the first time out. But with nail polish I could remove it when I was going to a more conservative crowd. Can’t get rid of the earrings when you start, keep em in for 6 weeks.

I figure it will get to be like the nail polish and I’ll ENJOY the attention. And I’m growing into this feminine identity more and more, which means I’m less and less concerned with what others think.

Hugs, Lorie.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?