• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by C.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      C

Hi ladies!

I recently bought the whole matching set of lingerie from a top French house. Bra, panties/knickers, suspenders/garter belt & stockings, over $300 in total. I had thought “why spend that on something only I would see?”, after all you can get decent bra, panties and nylons for a tenth of that which do the same thing?

I can only recommend it highly! I feel soooo much more feminine and elegant even when wearing a plain blouse and skirt, it puts a real smile on my face and swing in my step knowing what wonderful lingerie I’m wearing as opposed to utilitarian underwear.

A GG friend says the same, in boring business meetings (when we still had meetings) she would look around thinking “if only you knew what’s under this sober navy blue skirt suit…”

S

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by C.

I think it depends on how far along your journey you are, I’m on year one so I want to buy everything and have many choices. I spent about 6 weeks from early October buying everything I ever wanted, already I’m finding myself wearing my favorites repeatedly. Eventually when I settle on my personal style I’ll opt for quality over quantity, doubly so for lingerie. Top quality stockings, garter belts, etc. are worth every penny as you can surely see and feel the difference, not to mention that they’ll last a lot longer.

Anonymous

My financial situation doesn’t allow me to buy fine brands first hand. But here in Ottawa we have some excellent ladies’s wear consignment and thrift shops and I have made some “scores”, my very first was a Victoria’s Secret satin grey pushup bra that doesn’t need forms. So I do have a nice lingerie collection. I don’t wear much of it often because I don’t want to wear it out.
        My goal is to dress 24/7 with a CIS woman friend. At that point I’ll pay top dollar to look amazing for her.

I originally bought ,not cheap, but cheaper, things, as Im also early on dressing, but quickly got some more higher end bits and pieces, and yes, the difference is very noticeable.
      I’ts great to have the variety, but quality does win out in the end
      Regi

I lived in Paris for a few years while teaching and indulged myself every now and then with expensive panties, garters, and etc. I still have them and wear them. I agree with Cindy Lou: You get what you pay for, I think, and they will last for a long time. I am wearing grey silk today, in fact!

Hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous

I don’t buy expensive but I don’t go cheap either.

A “special friend” bought me a matching bra panty set and a few other items from Agent Provocateur.

Truly amazing feeling!!!!

Jessica

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

My mental image of the “mature lady” that lives in my Caty brain is one of a woman who has had a successful career and having been retired for many years, can afford what she likes when she likes, in all aspects of “both” our lives.

Male me will spend on male clothes to a certain level, after that, he’s not fussed, “Contrary Caty” DOES NOT do cheap, either inner or outer wear or anything else to do with her femme self.

Upscale lingerie, (especially bras), by Simone Perele, (on clearance) and Wacaol,  camis/french knickers/panties by  “OZ” brands such as Ginia Silk/ Love Intimo and Essence from Kiwi Land are a must. I also have Ginia silk PJ’s and a dressing gown

For everyday bras and briefs I go “mid range” with a Fayreform brand by Bendon Australia. IE bras circa $40.00, panties circa $15-20. Google Fayreform Coral bras for the most comfy bras I have ever worn. (OK SP and Wacoal are up there too…But my “Corals” sure fit my forms beautifully and make my “boobs” look just right when I’m out and about)

A good friend and make up artist of mine told me that if she bought a 10 buck bra it fitted like a ten buck bra.. So…

Same goes for outer wear of all descriptions. I dont do “cheap”

Happy (lingerie) dressing

I usually keep my special lingerie towards the mid pricing, but I have splurged a handful of times for some of the really high end sets, with the express purpose of making sure I was NOT going to be the only one seeing them the nights that I wore them when out on the town.  I still have three of those sets since I really pay attention to their cleaning and care.  I also have many bras and panties that are really bargain buys, but those are for doing chores and yard work.

PaulaF

Hi

The only thing I bought on Black Friday this year was a most wonderful red bra. It’s so lovely that I almost can’t put a dress or top over it. And it’s equally comfortable. It had cost about $100, but now it was at $55. While I was passing the store I saw this bra and decided to buy it if it was way to expensive. The store is a store where you can buy really luxurious and expensive lingerie. When I heard the price I just said “I’ll take it” she asked about the size and put in a bag. I’m pretty sure she understod it was for myself, but she didn’t say anything.

Lots of Hugs
      Lily-Rose

Anonymous

Red? I got my favorite red bra, a La Senza fully padded bra at a charity shop.
        I really don’t need boobie forms with it and it makes trying on strapless everything easy

There are 2 high end independent lingerie shops in my city that I’ve treated myself with some high priced pieces. My most expensive is a Shirley of Hollywood/Intimate Attitudes white nylon long pegnoir and sheer robe set; retail 120, direct ordered. I wanted a different nightgown that was in the 90 range, but it was discounted after Shirley’s said it was still in stock. The store owner ordered me the pegnoir set and sold it to me for the 90 price. I also ordered a SoH/IA black nylon long robe and a Coquette black nylon long nightgown from the same store, both 90 range. I’ve also bought panties ($20), bras ($40) and a bustier ($70) from that store. The owner is accepting of CDs & TGs, I patronage her store as much as possible.

The other store; my highest purchase is a Wacoal black strapless bra ($60) and a Wacoal ivory nylon high-cut panty ($20). This store has a regular stocked clearance section. I’ve bought 2 more panties and another bra that I wouldn’t have got had them not been on sale.

C

Girls,

Empowered as someone said by your replies I went looking further! I found a fantastic brand, La Perla, and splashed out on bra, panties, suspender (garter) and a camisole!!

Over $1000 but as we always say “we’re worth it!”

Feels sooooooo good!

S

Randi, I’ve heard Wacoal brand is quite popular in Great Britain. The nylon hi-cut panty is so dreamy to wear, I also want to get it in black. I might need to go to Nordstrom’s for it, as the high-end boutique never has my size in stock.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?